Options

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    How I am losing weight is:
    Aerobics/dancing. Mostly at night as it is so hot
    Calorie counting. I am having maintenance days too coz medicine I'm on makes me hungry, but I hope to come down on the meds soon.
    Trying not to eat sugary foods except on weekends (also thinking re dentist too!)
    Eating lots of boiled eggs seems to help me
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    So, after my baseball metaphor this morning, here's the update, somewhere around inning 8 of my day:

The starter was on fire in the first inning (breakfast right on track), but walked several runs in the second and third innings (ate too much of the leftover sweets from last night). Middle relief came in and kept the damage to a minimum (back on track). Bad news: the opponent had bases loaded in the top of the 6th with their biggest hitter at the bat (i.e. husband ordered food unbeknownst to me!!). Good news: Middle relief throws three fast balls right down the middle and strikes out the batter (I head straight to the basement when the delivery arives!), and the home team (me!) scores runs in the bottom of the 7th (I exercised in the basement!). Top of the eighth: leftovers of husband's delivery are all over the kitchen when I come back upstairs, but I resist the garlic knots and head up to the second floor -- I'm not cleaning up that mess by putting it away or eating it!

Here's hoping my 9th inning closer can come in and get the job done, not letting me eat any more tonight.

Anyone else feel like sharing a metaphor of how you fight through the temptations and challenges of your day?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    October 21
    Exercise: more yard work :#
    Calories: no
    Tracked: sort of
    Need to get this figured out. Very disappointed I can't get back on track.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    October 22
    Exercise. Yes. Housework
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sorry,I lost 3 pounds,not 4
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Week 4:
    PW: 167
    CW: 164

I am so happy I lost 4 pounds this week. Last week I had gained a pound,but this week I worked so hard! Even passed up sweets yesterday,which is my weakness. Glad to see how hard work pays off.

We have you down as 168 for last week.
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Westray16
    Monday week 4
    PW 197lbs
    CW 197lbs
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Monday, folks!

I'm looking for weigh-ins from:
    @CDiddyGetsFitty
    @cdqtducks
    @eevang
    @Mariamamjad - Got your weight already! If you're looking to lose, try double-checking your pre-game plan, and then think about what's happening over the course of the day that might need to change to move that scale a bit.
    @michellelagle - still making progress! Way to go!
    @westray16

• LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod - Oct Week 4
    PW: 169.7
    CW: 165.5

Even though I didn't "play my best game" (aka stick to fitness plan 100%) over the weekend, I give myself a pat on the back for winning the "7-game series" (aka, losing for the week).

I had to modify my old game plan to make the scale move. There were moments of sheer beauty, where I kept to my new plan like an MVP, and moments of pure frustration, when I had to wonder at what on earth I was doing.

But I kept at it, and even in those moments of frustration, I found a way to focus and come back to my plan, choosing not to eat more junk when I was still hungry for it, choosing to go exercise when I could have used the time for working or resting.

And looking back, even though I wasn't perfect, I feel good that I was able to do what I needed to do in order to meet my goal for the week of losing again.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    October 22
    Exercise: yet another day of yard work
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Tracked yes exercise no calories no. I'm extremely tired. Calories, went over on a homemade smoothie but I needed the energy. Son is mildly sick, daughter is teething, and the washing has piled up for a week now. Real estate is coming over tomorrow, well the house isn't pristine but I hope it's clean enough. I think running after my kids today might count as exercise. Looking forward to an early sleep (coz I might be up tonight) :)
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Exercised. No. Only a short walk through the hospital. Mother is starting rehab after hip replacement.
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Looking for weigh-ins today from:
    @Be_Lively
    @mthomas0228
    @Lilmamawoz
    @Sparx_81
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    Exercised. No. Only a short walk through the hospital. Mother is starting rehab after hip replacement.
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes

Good on you for tracking and hitting your calorie target, and even a short walk through the hospital is a positive step to incorporating activity into your life wherever you can manage it. Good work, and best wishes to you and your mom!
This discussion has been closed.