October 28
    Exercise. Yes
    Calories No. Over
    Tracked. Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    eevang wrote: »

The face photo shows me at 221 (the beginning), 185 (middle), and 155 (still going).

@eevang. Awesome work. So inspiring. Having others impression of your weight not weighing out you is so uplifting.

No substitute for fit and healthy (both in body and mind).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    cjscoey wrote: »
    Weigh in week: October Week 4
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 170.8
    Current Weight: 172

Sorry team currently slammed and lots of stress eating! I promise the team, and myself, that I will find a better coping method. Funny, I know when I am stress eating but at times can't stop myself, it's like watching a train wreck happen. Heres to a leaner Nov!

@cjscoey. It happens.

It's a habit of a lifetime you are trying to undo. This takes time.

Until you learn strategies to cope with stress, this will continue to occur (and expect it to continue, and do not mentally beat yourself up over it).

What can you do you remove yourself from the stress? (slow walk around the block to clear your mind, have a drink of water, have a comfortable place to relax and have a cup of tea).

I've seen someone describe successful stress coping as ignoring a threat. You need to do things that would NOT do in a flight or flight type situation. Things like walk deliberately slowly, or drink water, close your eyes and breathe deeply. These are things you would NOT do if about to be attacked by a tiger. De-stress is actively ignoring the tiger.

What can you do daily to de-stress BEFORE you get to a stressful situation? (meditation, listen to music, go for a walk, etc..). Starting from a lower stress level, stress overload is not reached as quickly.

Work out a strategy that works for you and try enact it next time. If you successful tried to take an alternate reaction to eating your way out of stress, reward yourself in some small way. Keep this up until you get a stress coping strategy that works for you.

Repeat, reward the ATTEMPT. Only by continued attempts can you hope to succeed.

Having an ongoing non food related way to de-stress is essential to continued success. It will be hard as it is reversing a lifetime of experience. However, it will be worth it longer term.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    October 28
    Exercised?: Yes (drone track setup - full days competition on my feet all day).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Helped set up a drone track at a local club in the morning, standing pretty much all day (apart from when flying).

BBQ lunch provided (sausages, but without bread).

Flew well today. Made final 6, and ended up 4th in the finals through consistency (more than speed).

Still would like to go faster (but I break less stuff when I fly within my limits).
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@LeslckaBod.
    @WishfulThinning18.
    @90kgtoNewMe.
    @CDiddyGetsFitty.
    @cdqtducks.
    @eevang.
    @Mariamamjad.
    @michellelagle.
    @westray16.
    @12sarah2015.
    @bendiz_.
    @Edising.
    @hayleymace90.
    @inshapeCK.
    @cjscoey.
    @Colleen790.
    @Grebber1.
    @fe452436.
    @KillaLindzilla.
    @Rocknut53.
    @emmclean.
    @ShareASmile.

This is the last week of the October Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the November Challenge.

The November challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Gutbusters (November) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10703861/team-gutbusters-november#latest
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or Ashley (@AB0215) or Craig ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous 290.4
    Current 289

This is the lowest I remember being in probably 5 years!!! It also means I have lost 40 lbs in 100 days... it also means I have only 100 lbs to lose until goal!!

@Wishfulthinning18 Way to go! What a wonderful interim success to celebrate!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    eevang wrote: »

The face photo shows me at 221 (the beginning), 185 (middle), and 155 (still going).

@eevang. Awesome work. So inspiring. Having others impression of your weight not weighing out you is so uplifting.

No substitute for fit and healthy (both in body and mind).

@eevang Yes, absolutely awesome work! You look like you have a happy spirit in all of these pictures, growing healthier in all of these. You have given yourself a wonderful gift this year by undertaking this journey. I'm so glad for you!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    October 28
    Exercise: yes, 3 hour hike
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

Fingers crossed that my head is finally on board again. Had a good heart to heart talk with my hubby about his upcoming cardiologist visit: things he can do to prepare if he does have to have surgery soon, my in depth research into what is going on based on his echocardiogram, ekg and chest xray results and what we can expect for his future, and the deep sadness that I feel about him not taking his health seriously for a long, long time and the impact it is having on our relationship. We've been married 39 years, I'm not giving up on him and he knows that. We find out on Tuesday when his surgery will be. It may be soon, it may be in the future. It is inevitable, however.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    So hot and it's only spring. I moved recently to the tropics in Australia. I don't want to work out at all, just lie in a hammock all day :) not sure how I'm going to burn calories now. I will try and go for a late night walk tonight.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    So hot and it's only spring. I moved recently to the tropics in Australia. I don't want to work out at all, just lie in a hammock all day :) not sure how I'm going to burn calories now. I will try and go for a late night walk tonight.

@12Sarah2015. Usually good weather in Oz in tropics. Get out an walk for a bit. See the sights. Discover your area, meet people (Us Aussies are usually pretty friendly). Find somewhere you can swim (without crocs or jellies). But wear a hat and use sunscreen (Aussie sun can be quite brutal).

Also, hot weather usually does not make you feel like eating much. Just try not to overdo the drinks (unless it's water). Not too much amber fluid :)

Usually plenty of good tropical fruits and vegetables around too, so you can often find good food to eat that is not calorie dense.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous 290.4
    Current 289

This is the lowest I remember being in probably 5 years!!! It also means I have lost 40 lbs in 100 days... it also means I have only 100 lbs to lose until goal!!

@WishfulThinning18. Amazing work.

Keep up what you are doing, it's working.

You CAN get to onederland. Will just be working on taking steps in the right direction one day at a time.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    October 29
    Exercise No
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
    Intended to exercise after work, but was at the hospital visiting my mother.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »

@12Sarah2015. Usually good weather in Oz in tropics. Get out an walk for a bit. See the sights. Discover your area, meet people (Us Aussies are usually pretty friendly). Find somewhere you can swim (without crocs or jellies). But wear a hat and use sunscreen (Aussie sun can be quite brutal).

Also, hot weather usually does not make you feel like eating much. Just try not to overdo the drinks (unless it's water). Not too much amber fluid :)

Usually plenty of good tropical fruits and vegetables around too, so you can often find good food to eat that is not calorie dense.

The weather is shocking. Humidity and no rain, even the locals are complaining. And it's just spring. Too hot to go for a walk tonight.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It's early but im looking forward to the Nov challenge. This morning I weigh 325. I had a goal of being under 300 by Jan 1st. If I really crank down I can be close by Dec 1st.
    I have a few cycling challenges that I'm going to do starting in November. To complete the ones I want to do together I will have to take my nutrition seriously so I can maximize the rides.
    I was pretty excited to lose weight when i started. It was all about how I looked. Nothing about how it would make me feel. When I went on my little trip and actually FELT the benefits of losing weight I got hooked. I still have so much more to go and I'm excited to see how I will feel next year riding and what ever else I decide to do.
    Right now I'm saving for more trips and new clothes. I'm saving the money I used from all the fast food I use to buy. That crap adds up!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    I was pretty excited to lose weight when i started. It was all about how I looked. Nothing about how it would make me feel. When I went on my little trip and actually FELT the benefits of losing weight I got hooked. I still have so much more to go and I'm excited to see how I will feel next year riding and what ever else I decide to do.
    Right now I'm saving for more trips and new clothes. I'm saving the money I used from all the fast food I use to buy. That crap adds up!

@grebber1 So happy to hear that you're feeling the benefits of weight loss! Keep on riding on those feelings, and I'm sure you'll reach your goal.

I had the same feeling that focusing on weight loss was saving me money for other things. I always meant to actually compare my financial records to get the accurate comparison by month, but never did. I've been thinking that taking care of my health is not only probably a savings in the short term, but in the long term, it's like an additional investment in my retirement, because I'm lowering the likelihood that I will need to be buying drugs or managing health care for chronic disease. Changing our mindset to focus on long term rewards is difficult, but it's clear that the rewards are absolutely worth making these lifestyle changes now and saying "no" to the short term "rewards" of convenience food and inactivity.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Monday, Week 5!

Today I'm looking for weights from:
    Me!
    @90kgToNewMe
    @CDiddyGetsFitty
    @cdqtducks
    @eevang
    @Mariamamjad
    @michellelagle
    @westray16
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    October Week 5
    LesIckaBod
    PW: 165.5
    CW: 166.5

Annnnd, right after posting my rah rah message for @Grebber1, I have to come to terms with the fact that this month, my head was not in the game. I'm down only 1.5 lbs for these 5 weeks of the October challenge.

I know that both my husband and I are affected by certain seasonal challenges -- not seasonal affective disorder, just kind of ennui of adult life that cycles with the school year and aspects of our work. I feel like this is the big problem I'm facing right now, and there are probably smaller aspects of this problem that I can identify and target to improve for November, and I have to, because I hope my life has a lot of Octobers remaining in it!

What's good is that I was consistent with my exercise this month. In fact, I wasn't able to exercise until after dinner yesterday, and it felt like it had been days and days since I'd done activity. In reality, I had my usual basement workout on Thursday, missed my Friday basement workout for work but had two 20+min episodes of walking during the day at a brisk pace, and only took off Saturday as an off day. It felt like days of inactivity, because I've become so used to doing more.

So, my goal for November is to figure out what the little things are that are happening in these fall months that cause me and my husband to be more willing to get "sloppy" about eating and for me, tracking. And I need to find a way to replace these habitual little things with better habits.

What are your goals for November?
This discussion has been closed.