TEAM: Flab-U-Less (November)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Can I change my weigh in day from Friday to Saturday for this month, please? :)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    November 1
    Starting weight 358.2

I'll log in this evening with today's workout info.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Hi, @evangsimmons170 ! Welcome to our group :)
  • AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 Can I change my weigh in day from Friday to Saturday for this month, please? :)

@marieamethyst Yes, I made the change.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Welcome and good luck this month! :)

@AB0215 Thank you very much!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Nov/1
    Track..Yes
    Cal.....Under
    Exercise. Yes... I completed my fall clean up doing yard and garden work, washing and cleaning garden tools and outside furniture. It took me 4 hrs but today was a gorgeous day so I am happy about that . I will see about Xmas deco on another beautiful day
  • lk2011
    lk2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    New to this challenge and happy to be a part of this group. Any advice? Do we just report weight on our weigh days?

I have been on a plateau for almost 2 weeks now. Hoping to break it this week. For the last 2 months, I haven't been eating my exercise calories back so I may have been eating too few calories. I am nervous to start playing around with my food intake but I have to try something to figure out what it is. I am very careful about weighing and tracking....

HAPPY NOVEMBER 1st B)
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Round 3 for me! Let the games begin!!
    I think that I am going to stop the daily post though. I am a very boring person that does the same thing all the time, so they're getting a little redundant for me.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    Daily Post: Nov 1st, Thursday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 46 minutes on stationary bike
    Daily goal: Get some sleep tonight, because I apparently didn't sleep enough last night, zzzz. Also send all of the leftover Halloween candy with hubby to work so the guys in his office can take care of it. (Well, maybe not the M&Ms...)
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    I think that I am going to stop the daily post though. I am a very boring person that does the same thing all the time, so they're getting a little redundant for me.

I personally enjoy your little references, but I understand! Maybe a weekly one? :)
  • mram3582
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »

I personally enjoy your little references, but I understand! Maybe a weekly one? :)

OK, but I am almost out of stuff that normal people understand. You're about to start getting references that involve kenders and LARPing and other obscure points. Especially since I haven't watched more than a handful of American movies since Hollywood started producing all their PC crap.
  • mram3582
    Options
    Back for popular demand:
    Daily Post: 11/01 Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 4.2miles walk 65mins
    Daily goal: I'm going on an adventure!!....Tomorrow.
  • AB0215
    edited November 2018
    Options
    lk2011 wrote: »
    New to this challenge and happy to be a part of this group. Any advice? Do we just report weight on our weigh days?

I have been on a plateau for almost 2 weeks now. Hoping to break it this week. For the last 2 months, I haven't been eating my exercise calories back so I may have been eating too few calories. I am nervous to start playing around with my food intake but I have to try something to figure out what it is. I am very careful about weighing and tracking....

HAPPY NOVEMBER 1st B)

@lk2011 You can participate in the daily challenges/weekly winner's circle, that's optional, but the weekly weigh ins are required to remain in the challenge, and you just post those here.

My best advice for a plateau, try something new. Adjust your calories/macros. Add in some extra activity, drink more water (sounds weird, but it can help!). If you're really stuck, might be time for a serious look at your plan as a whole, maybe time to try something completely new, but in my experience, you're either eating too much, not tracking diligently enough (weighing food, logging everything, etc), not exercising enough, etc. As you lose weight, your body needs less calories to maintain and in turn you need to adjust the calories down a bit more to continue to lose, so it's worth taking a look at your numbers again if you're stuck for a while.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Also, remember guys, this is still technically the last week of October, the November challenge officially starts on Sunday Nov 4th!
  • AB0215
    edited November 2018
    Options
    **For the newbies and a reminder for the seasoned team members!**

Hello Team Flab-U-Less!
    Welcome to November!!

This month, we are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges. Question of the Week, Daily Posts, maybe even some seek and find games!

Let me be 100% clear - participation in these mini-challenges is optional. It's up to you if you want to chime in! If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to. I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep people on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

Chatting within the groups makes it fun, keeps things from getting stale, and gives us all an opportunity to get to know each other so we can better help one another!!!

The Daily Posts Challenge has 5 basic rules. (*optional challenge)
    1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym... As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

**REMEMBER**
    1. You set your own daily budget.
    2. You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    3. Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    4. Can continue beyond weight loss.

If you choose to participate in The Daily Posts Challenge, your posts should look like this:

Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/No
    Calories: Over/Under
    Exercise: Yes/No (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day: Tell us a brief description about your day or goals

The Question of the Week Challenge (*optional challenge)

This is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.

Our Normal Weigh In (*NON-optional challenge)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: February Week 1
    PW: Previous Weight
    CW: Current Weight

Please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

Welcome to November!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    November 1
    Starting weight 358.2
    Workout: Leslie Sansone's 30-minute Miracle Miles (2 miles) and an 8 minute interval walking session on my Fitbit

• evangsimmons170
    Options
    Daily Post: 11/01 Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone's Miracle Miles (2 miles in 30 minutes) plus an 8 minute interval walking session on my Fitbit
    Daily goal: To stay within my calorie budget and get in a workout (accomplished) 😄🚶💪👏🙌

• evangsimmons170
    Options
    lk2011 wrote: »

HAPPY NOVEMBER 1st B)

Welcome aboard, Lk2011! I'm new to this challenge as well. But we got this👊👏
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Hi, @evangsimmons170 ! Welcome to our group :)

Thanks! I'm looking forward to our progress. 🙌
This discussion has been closed.