Tracey's OMAD Reboot

Options

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with your fast and your net weight loss. Your plan is solid ---no doubt you will have losses this month :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Good luck🍀👍
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of 3 day fast. Weight this morning 167.2 pounds.

My goal is to end the month at my end fast weight or lower. So whatever I weigh tomorrow morning I want to weigh that or less going into my next 3 day fast.
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You’ve broken the 170! Amazing work. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Amazing job <3 Keep up the good work 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good job, changing the prefix to 17x to 16x, congrats! <3
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    February's post fast weigh in ***165.7 pounds***.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL :)<3
  • LadyBlanks
    edited February 2020
    Options
    The below post was taken from the Low Carb group. I found it enlightening and thought I would share with my favorite group - The OMADers. We will succeed one meal at a time.
    baconslave wrote: »
    We've finished the first month of a new year. How are we doing? Are we still firmly on the road to good health. Or did the road get bumpy on us, and we slide off.

I found this email in my inbox this morning from BodyFit by Amy (good YouTube workouts btw and FREE) that seemed pretty darn applicable.

THE "ON TRACK" TRAP

We are officially ONE month into the new decade! How is the new year treating you so far? How are those goals, resolutions, or intentions coming along? Are you "on track" or have you "fallen off the wagon"?

As a nutritionist, I hear my clients use these phrases multiple times per day to describe their health and fitness journey. In fact, I have often referred to my own health journey this way. But, while these phrases seem innocent, they could be problematic since they closely resemble all-or-nothing thinking. Read on to find out more.

A REAL MESSAGE FROM A REAL CLIENT

"First day of the week and already off to a bad start. I was doing so well. I worked out at 6 am and ate my veggie and quinoa stir-fry for lunch, but then my boss brought cupcakes from a local bakery for my co-worker's birthday. These cupcakes are my absolute favorite, and while I tried so hard to stay "on-track," I caved and had one. I felt so guilty and angry that I completely fell off the wagon on the first day of the week. I was so disappointed in how I ruined my day that I just picked up fast food on the way home because honestly - what's the point? I'll get back on the wagon tomorrow. "

THE ALL-OR-NOTHING CYCLE

Now, there's nothing wrong with the idea of wanting to get back to your routine after making some unhealthful choices. But, in the example above, one decision (and a negative mindset) led to a complete derailment of the train. I had ONE cupcake; therefore, the entire day is ruined, and there's no point in doing anything healthy now. This is classic black and white thinking and a common reason why we do not reach our health and wellness goals. If this person had the cupcake to celebrate the special occasion, enjoyed it, and went home to have the dinner they prepped, they could have reached their goals. But instead, anytime something got in the way of being 100% perfect, this person gave up for the day and chose to start again the next one. By the time Wednesday would hit, the whole week was "ruined," so the plan was to begin next week, and next week, and next week, and next year. You get the idea.

THINK OF CHOICES RATHER THAN DAYS OR WEEKS

It can be helpful to think of each CHOICE as separate entities, rather than each DAY or WEEK. Eating one cupcake in the afternoon has no effect on the quality of your supper/dinner. Missing one workout doesn’t change the plans for the next one.

EMBRACE THE IMPERFECTIONS

Look, some days, you will have every intention to workout for 45 minutes, or cook the healthy dinner that you planned for. But, life happened, and now you are tired, your kids are sick, and you have some work to finish up at night. Turns out, you don't have 45 minutes to work out or cook after all - and even if you could make the time, you are way too tired anyway. Instead, you rather go for a quick walk. Or do nothing. It's okay! Embrace it. Roll with it. This is normal. Walking 10 minutes or skipping ONE workout does not make you a failure. You are still on track, but the track got bumpy, and the weather got bad, so you had to make some adjustments. The weather will clear up, and the bumps will end. The choice to skip this one workout doesn’t mean that the whole day or week are ruined!

BE NICE

We are all bound to slip! No one is perfect, but how we respond to those slip-ups can make all the difference. Let’s say you've had some bad days (or weeks), and you've been allowing yourself one too many treats, and you've skipped several workouts. What now? Be nice. It’s essential to be kind to yourself, especially when you make choices you aren’t proud of. Forgive yourself - focusing on your failures won’t help you propel forward!

Hope that helped someone. It's so true. We make myriad decisions. Success is stringing along enough good decisions consistently until we make it there. We only fail if we stop learning lessons from the mistakes and give up.

So if your January got rough or wasn't perfect, who cares? You're still here. Dust yourself off, figure out what went wrong and formulate a hack for it, then get right back on that wagon. You have this. Really!

No guilt, but no excuses. :wink:

• volgirl1322
    Options
    Wow thanks for sharing this is a great read and repeat read :)......I feel like I have been that "all or nothing" person my entire life :)......
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    That’s fantastic! And it’s so true. I used to be like that, 100%, but now let’s say I’m more 50%. One of the things I’m pleased with, the two times I’ve done 2MAD this month, is that I just ate the two meals: I didn’t go, “Well, might as well have afternoon tea and a block of chocolate for dessert!” (For full transparency, I freakin LOVE afternoon tea. A cup of tea and a slice of cake or scones or whatever is like heaven.)

And that’s the other thing about intermittent fasting: there’s no “being naughty”, no “caving in”. You’re either fasting, or you’re not. Didn’t fast today? You can fast tomorrow. What an easy decision to make!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Thanks for sharing <3 OMAD is a lifestyle..can't do it today, there's always the next day :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress babe!!! And great words of wisdom, so thanks for sharing!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. Today's weight 166.9. After coming off the weekend after my 3-day fast, I was able to keep my gain to a mere 1.2 pounds which I consider good.

I looked at my Fitbit numbers and my scale did remember my weights from last week when my scale was going through its WIFI transition. So it got my starting weight for my 3-day fast at 172.1 pounds so Thursdays weight being 165.7 pounds, made for a loss of 6.4 pounds during my 3-day fast. I gained back 1.2 pounds of that which now has me sitting at a 5.2-pound loss for the month. I am aiming to build on this loss or at the least maintain this loss. If I stick to my program, I should be able to lose an additional pound or two or at least not gain any by the end of the month.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    good luck with the plan!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    That's amazing news👍😊 Keep up the good work👍
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    NICE WORK darling!!! That 1.2 pounds is nothin' bu glycogen :kissing_heart:
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    Today is my zero net calorie day. So far as a result of my walking, MFP has allotted me 169 calories. According to my pedometer, I have burned 390 calories but I am going to try to stick with whatever MFP gives me with the hopes of getting it up to at least 500 calories for the day. Going to try to pedal for an hour on my under desk elliptical today to burn some more calories.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Burn those calories girl!!!! You've got this!!! Love the whole lifestyle dedication!!!
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Wow, Tracey - what can I say? You’re so spot on with all of this! And your dedication is AMAZING.