TEAM: The Slimsons (December)

Options

Replies

• catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@catvlmack I've been overweight my entire life, really wish I'd have learned healthier habits earlier in life but better late than never I suppose!
    I always remind people that 1 day (even 2) can't undo all of your progress. It takes an EXTRA 3500 calories to gain 1 pound (7000 calories for 2) so even if you ate an additional 3500 calories 1 day, you'd only gain 1 pound. The trick is getting right back into if after a day of overeating and indulging, and that I've found to be the hard part! My suggestion is to go into those days with a plan, so you don't set yourself up for failure! Your plan can include a piece of cake, but the important part of the plan is how you're going to get yourself back on track!
    You got this! Welcome to the team!

Thanks for the welcome! I think I’m weird lol, I have to have at least a day a week with no plan at all. I tried slimming world ( like weight watchers) in the past and eliminating foods and stuff was a killer for me, I’m a rebel haha! I try and balance any excess with exercise, but I’m happy losing more slowly rather than giving up all together. It’s always interesting to see what works for some and not for others. I wish I could be stricter, but I can’t, and I’m okay with that.
  • laraburkhalter
    laraburkhalter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Username: Laraburkhalter
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 274.8
    Todays Weight: 270.4
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
  • AB0215
    Options
    Username: AllyTheGrump
    Week: December Week 1
    PW = 297.6
    CW= 298.6 (wrong way :( )

@AllyTheGrump You still have time to fix it, your weigh in isn't scheduled until Friday.
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Hi I’m Missy, reoccurring member of BLC. I live with my SO and furkids. I live in the Northeast. I’ve kinda let my weight and health get out of hand over the last few years but am making a commitment to myself to get back to the shape and weight I was in and better. Looking forward to December and beyond- a better, healthier and happier 2019.

SW: 221.5
    CW: 208.8
    GW: 110

@gemwolf110 Welcome back Missy! I can't believe it's time to start thinking about 2019! Ahh, I wasn't prepared for that.
    I think your goals are always solid, you got this!!
  • AB0215
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My name is Claire, I'm 34 years old and live in New Zealand. I with with my partner, son and niece. I am a mother to a 5 year old boy. We share our home with a Bullmastiff cross dog and a cat. I work at a supermarket, which is quite a boring job but brings in some money. I enjoy going to the beach, listening to music, watching movies, getting out and about and spending time with my family and friends.

My goal for this month is to get under 110kg. My non weight related goal is to start going to the gym again as I have become very slack as of late.
    @clairetomkinson84 Welcome to the team Claire! December will be your month to get below 110 kg. When I started finally turning things around, I was 109 kg, so I know how hard it is to come from that, but you absolutely can do this and we're here to help!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Username: Laraburkhalter
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 274.8
    Todays Weight: 270.4

@laraburkhalter Great job!! Awesome loss!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »

-Drink at least 40 oz of water (water is a struggle for me): Hit 42 oz. Striving for 68 oz tomorrow .

- Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note: Daily affirmation- you are more than enough and determined for greatness.

@Bm00re2u Daily affirmations are a great idea. I'm glad you're determined to get past last week, that was a hard week and you're doing great!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    Monday Weigh-in

Week : December Week 1
    PW (26 Nov) : 236.7lbs
    CW : 232.4lbs

Yay me! Good start to the month 😊

@Jaydoh120 You're right, yay you!! You're doing such a great job!!
  • liannexx
    liannexx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username- liannexx
    December week 1
    PW-222.6
    CW-222
  • AB0215
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Hi. My name is Mike. I will tell you a little about myself. I have been over weight for most of my life. I had both my knees replaced in 2016(at the same time). In March 2018 I had my left hip replacement. At that time I found out I had a fatty liver. I also found out I had liver cancer. In September I had a liver resection which got rid of the cancer. Now in I really have to lose weight. I am not working so I can walk and do some things. I have to be careful. Groups like this really help to keep me on track. I hope to be a ascent to group. Thanks

@digger61 Welcome to the team Mike!! You've definitely had a tough time, sorry to hear about that, so glad to hear that your cancer is gone though, that's definitely something to celebrate.
    My best advice is to start small and work your way up, if walking is what you can do now, start there. I don't know how much you can do, but there's a lot of body weight exercises that can help start you in the right direction too, and most of those can be modified if you're not able to complete the full exercise, and even a lot of chair exercises if you have trouble moving around too. If you'd like more info on any of those, let me know, I'm happy to help.
    The biggest thing though is getting your food intake under control, and I can promise you, even after 18 months, something I still struggle with. So take it one day at a time, you will get there. And we're here to help!
  • AB0215
    Options
    CindyJNC1963
    December Week # 1
    PW from Nov. 26th: (249.5)
    CW: (245.5)

@CindyJNC1963 AWESOME!!
    liannexx wrote: »
    Username- liannexx
    December week 1
    PW-222.6
    CW-222

@liannexx A loss is still a loss!!!
    Username- breanarenae
    December week 1
    PW-138
    CW-135.5

@BreanaRenae Awesome job!!

So many of us are off to a great start! Keep it up!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Did maintenance yesterday
    Exercise: No.

Comments: It's dead week at my university this week so I need to study a lot this week but I'm staying on track with my food intake as well. Looking back on this quarter, I've actually done pretty well in terms of not 'rewarding' myself with food during studying/after exams. I just continued as usual and it wasn't hard for me so I do believe I can do it.
  • AllyTheGrump
    AllyTheGrump Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Username: AllyTheGrump
    Week: December Week 1
    PW = 297.6
    CW= 298.6 (wrong way :( )

@AllyTheGrump You still have time to fix it, your weigh in isn't scheduled until Friday.

Awesome! I wasn’t sure if this would count as my WI was on the first day of the month!
  • schewe1
    schewe1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Daily post 3 December
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: with goal range
    Exercise: no

Note: pulled muscle in hip, taking today to rest it. 😔
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Hi. My name is Mike. I will tell you a little about myself. I have been over weight for most of my life. I had both my knees replaced in 2016(at the same time). In March 2018 I had my left hip replacement. At that time I found out I had a fatty liver. I also found out I had liver cancer. In September I had a liver resection which got rid of the cancer. Now in I really have to lose weight. I am not working so I can walk and do some things. I have to be careful. Groups like this really help to keep me on track. I hope to be a ascent to group. Thanks

Welcome back Mike!! SO happy to hear that your surgery was a success--- looking forward to cheering you on towards your goals here! :)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    Monday Weigh-in

Week : December Week 1
    PW (26 Nov) : 236.7lbs
    CW : 232.4lbs

Yay me! Good start to the month 😊

AWESOME LOSS!!!
This discussion has been closed.