TEAM: The Slimsons (December)

Options

Replies

• Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi I'm Brittany and this is my 3rd month doing BLC. I'm a 5 ft even, 31 yo wife, mom of two young boys, and jogging, weight training, and yoga are my exercises of choice. I have several obstacles to face this month, so my goals are:

-Workout at least 2 times per week
    -Track all food daily
    -Drink at least 40 oz of water (water is a struggle for me)
    - Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note.

Looking forward to a great December with you all!

CW: 139.2 lbs
    GW for December: 134 lbs
    Overall GW: 115 lbs.

ojifpkh6pduo.jpg
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi SLIMSONS---I AM BACK AGAIN!!! :)

I'm Nancy. This is my 3rd month doing BLC. I'm a large framed, 5'8" ---wife and mom of two teen boys, a rag doll cat and a standard poodle. Started MFP in Jan. 2015 and I had lost 80lbs by Oct. 2015 and 90lbs by June of 2016 on MFP and gained 10lbs of muscle with weight training and 20 (unfortunate) pounds of fat with back/leg injuries last year that had me sidelined for months on end. I have dropped 15lbs with this group and hope to get 10 more off to get to my goal weight!

I love weight training, cardio (arc trainer, stair climber, treadmill, Les Mills/studio X & Zumba) and hoping to get back to spinning as soon as I get my core muscles supporting my back properly.

My goals are:

~Workout out regularly, 3 one hour strength training classes and daily cardio
    ~Track all food daily (and will opt to track as I go instead of pre-logging, which backfired and has made me lazy about being exact and sticking to plan, ironically)
    ~Drink at least 80oz of water
    ~Take rest days as needed and be mindful of my injuries--so not to re-injure myself!

HAPPY TO BE PART OF THIS AMAZING GROUP OF SUPPORTIVE PEOPLE!!! <3

CW: 165.9 lbs
    GW for December: 160lbs
    Overall GW: 155 lbs.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

Hello December!!

Height: 5' 2" (refusing to believe the doctor who said I am now only 5' 1")
    Original starting weight: 273
    CW: 245.9
    Goal weight for December: 235
    Weigh in day: Monday

I want to continue my goals of keeping up with my walking every day as well as increasing my minutes on the exercise bike. I see the fitness trainer for the first time next week and the dietitian for the first time later this month as well.
  • schewe1
    schewe1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else allow a day a week to go over calorie intake? I look forward to being able to indulge a bit over on Saturdays. I still account for what I eat, but I allow a day to just enjoy.....just curious.....
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    schewe1 wrote: »
    Does anyone else allow a day a week to go over calorie intake? I look forward to being able to indulge a bit over on Saturdays. I still account for what I eat, but I allow a day to just enjoy.....just curious.....

Personally, I don't...I'm too afraid one day will turn into two, etc. I think you can "save up" calories. Go under on Wed., Thurs. and Fri to have more calories for Saturday.
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Challenge
    #1. Tracking - Yes
    #2. Calories- Yes
    #3. Exercise- Yes (walking 1 mile and Bikini Body Mommy workout)
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Options

I don't weekly, only because it'd be a slippery slope for me if I did, but I have days every month that I'll preplan and go over. This month, those days are Christmas Eve, Christmas, and my birthday.

• clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Username: clairetomkinson84
    Week: December Week 1
    SW= 115.6kg
    CW=115.6kg

Dec 2nd 2018
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - was under
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: It was pretty good, went to work and managed to stay under calories.

Greetings all

My name is Claire, I'm 34 years old and live in New Zealand. I with with my partner, son and niece. I am a mother to a 5 year old boy. We share our home with a Bullmastiff cross dog and a cat. I work at a supermarket, which is quite a boring job but brings in some money. I enjoy going to the beach, listening to music, watching movies, getting out and about and spending time with my family and friends.

My goal for this month is to get under 110kg. My non weight related goal is to start going to the gym again as I have become very slack as of late.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Gjaholy33

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Goals/comments
    Today has been a good day, kept up with my meals and drinking lots of water.
  • laraburkhalter
    laraburkhalter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Challenge:
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: My goal for today was catch up on sleep, which I did very successfully.
  • BreanaRenae
    BreanaRenae Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    SW - November 25th - 138
    CW=135.7

Dec 1st 2018
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes - 20 minute walking
    Goals/Day/Comments: I had been doing very well on calorie in-take until today. Today was tough. We had a busy day. We ate fast food and ate a sporting game. Next time I need to eat the healthier choice eating out. Tomorrow I will work on my calorie consumption and back to my normal workout routine.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post Dec. 1st

Track: yes
    Calories under goal: yes
    Exercise: Walked 4000 steps in my neighborhood. It was raining but I just took my umbrella and kept going. It felt great.
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post, Saturday, December 1

Tracking. Yes
    Calories. A bit over
    Exercise. Stretches and calisthenics

Sorry I am a bit past midnight, but am working on a photo book for a gift and I lost all track of time!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

@schewe1 I tend not to "allow" myself to go over, but lately it's been happening about once a week and when it happens, I fast for a day to help compensate. You can reduce your calories a bit every other day to allow for that because basically, you'll need to cut 3500 calories a week to lose 1 pound (7000 calories for 2 lbs) so if you overeat, you won't hit those targets so my best advice there, is go with it, if you have a tendency to over eat on a certain day, plan for it, reduce during other times where you're more vigilant. My bottom line is I think that it's important to eat for your goals and not to compromise on the goals, but work it into the plan if you know you have a harder time at times than other times, if that makes sense.
  • AB0215
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

I always set goals for myself and once again this month my goal is to lose 30lbs! Didn't do it last month and even though this is my birthday month I have high hopes since I will not be cheating until Christmas (have to have mac & cheese) and the day of on the 31st when I'll be having a slice a cake to celebrate my mom turning 60 and me turning 40 (YES I WAS BORN ON MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY ON NEW YEAR'S EVE!)

WE GOT THIS,

Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33

@gjaholy33 My sister's a New Year's Baby. It's sort of awesome though that you were born on your mom's birthday! That's hard to do too!
  • AB0215
    Options
    catvlmack wrote: »
    Hi, I’m Catherine!
    I’ve been overweight my whole adult life, with a small blip around my wedding seven years ago (then I got comfortable!) I’m 35 at the end of this month, so it would be nice to sort it once and for all.
    I started trying to lose weight 2.5 years ago and I’ve lost about 43 lb. it’s not quick, but I haven’t felt deprived, so it’s the right way for me. I track calories and have about 24lb to go.
    I coach kids gymnastics and love it, also love that I’m getting stronger, and more flexible. I am also in my 5/6 year of a part time classical studies degree.
    I use to be in this challenge maybe a year ago and it really helped, don’t know why I dropped off.
    My goals for this month is to lose at least 4lb, it’s not much, but with Christmas and my birthday I don’t want to set myself up to fail. I usually gain at this time of year.

Nice to meet everyone, and looking forward to the challenge!

@catvlmack I've been overweight my entire life, really wish I'd have learned healthier habits earlier in life but better late than never I suppose!
    I always remind people that 1 day (even 2) can't undo all of your progress. It takes an EXTRA 3500 calories to gain 1 pound (7000 calories for 2) so even if you ate an additional 3500 calories 1 day, you'd only gain 1 pound. The trick is getting right back into if after a day of overeating and indulging, and that I've found to be the hard part! My suggestion is to go into those days with a plan, so you don't set yourself up for failure! Your plan can include a piece of cake, but the important part of the plan is how you're going to get yourself back on track!
    You got this! Welcome to the team!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    My name is Julie. I'm 41 and 5ft9. I live in South Africa on the Dolphin Coast with my two boys. They are 7 and 12 years old.

I lost about 70lbs with mfp in 2012 and maintained my goal weight of 145 until January 2016. I then moved countries, was unemployed for the first time in my life and my marriage got rocky. I guess I comfort ate and picked up 120lbs.

Started my new mfp journey on 9th October this year at 265lbs. Joined thr November challenge and now looking forward to the December one.

I want to get to about 225lbs by the end of the year.

@Jaydoh120 Welcome back Julie! I think that eating has been a comfort for a lot of us, leading to where we are now. I think it's important to try to find another way to replicate that feeling we get from food. Having said that, I DO know how hard it is, yesterday I wan't feeling so great and used food to make myself feel better, and well today is winding up to be a fasting day because I need to compensate and remind myself that food isn't a comfort, food is just food!
    You had a GREAT November! Let's make December AWESOME too!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Hi I'm Brittany and this is my 3rd month doing BLC. I'm a 5 ft even, 31 yo wife, mom of two young boys, and jogging, weight training, and yoga are my exercises of choice. I have several obstacles to face this month, so my goals are:

-Workout at least 2 times per week
    -Track all food daily
    -Drink at least 40 oz of water (water is a struggle for me)
    - Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note.

Looking forward to a great December with you all!

CW: 139.2 lbs
    GW for December: 134 lbs
    Overall GW: 115 lbs.

ojifpkh6pduo.jpg
    @Bm00re2u Great goals for December and welcome back!! I (obviously) love weight training, you're doing your body so much good when you do that! And building muscle will help you keep a lower body fat amount as muscle needs more calories to maintain and will burn through fat to maintain itself. Another thing is when you get to your goal weight, having more muscle means you'll need to eat more to maintain you weight (and food is good :smile: )
    I've recently discovered the recommended amounts of water and it might surprise you. They recommend that you take your body weight and divide that by 2 and drink that amound in ounces per day. I know that's difficult in the beginning, for me that's 83 ounces (which luckily is down from the 100 or more when I started). I would encourage you to try to get 68ish...if you can. My trick is that I fill 3--1 ltr bottles up each morning and I know that I've reached that goal when I've gone through all 3 bottles.
  • AB0215
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Hi SLIMSONS---I AM BACK AGAIN!!! :)

I'm Nancy. This is my 3rd month doing BLC. I'm a large framed, 5'8" ---wife and mom of two teen boys, a rag doll cat and a standard poodle. Started MFP in Jan. 2015 and I had lost 80lbs by Oct. 2015 and 90lbs by June of 2016 on MFP and gained 10lbs of muscle with weight training and 20 (unfortunate) pounds of fat with back/leg injuries last year that had me sidelined for months on end. I have dropped 15lbs with this group and hope to get 10 more off to get to my goal weight!

I love weight training, cardio (arc trainer, stair climber, treadmill, Les Mills/studio X & Zumba) and hoping to get back to spinning as soon as I get my core muscles supporting my back properly.

My goals are:

~Workout out regularly, 3 one hour strength training classes and daily cardio
    ~Track all food daily (and will opt to track as I go instead of pre-logging, which backfired and has made me lazy about being exact and sticking to plan, ironically)
    ~Drink at least 80oz of water
    ~Take rest days as needed and be mindful of my injuries--so not to re-injure myself!

HAPPY TO BE PART OF THIS AMAZING GROUP OF SUPPORTIVE PEOPLE!!! <3

CW: 165.9 lbs
    GW for December: 160lbs
    Overall GW: 155 lbs.

@SLIMn2016 Welcome back Nancy!! Your goals are solid, as usual! I think it's important to recognize when you need rest and when you need to keep going.
    Also, my current goal weight is your overall goal weight, man I'm short lol, only 4'10"
    As for your core muscles, so many (and mostly bodyweight exercises) can help with that, and I didn't even realize how many there are until recently (on my 3rd trainer now and they all suggest different ones lol)!!
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Options

Username: beckymomof3girls
    Week: December Week 1
    PW = 252.8
    CW= 251.2

*Please let me know if I did something incorrectly with this post. I'll edit it
This discussion has been closed.