TEAM: The Slimsons (December)

Options

Replies

• Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @Jaydoh120 Welcome back Julie! I think that eating has been a comfort for a lot of us, leading to where we are now. I think it's important to try to find another way to replicate that feeling we get from food. Having said that, I DO know how hard it is, yesterday I wan't feeling so great and used food to make myself feel better, and well today is winding up to be a fasting day because I need to compensate and remind myself that food isn't a comfort, food is just food!
    You had a GREAT November! Let's make December AWESOME too!

Thanks so much Ashley. I am very proud of myself for logging consistently and making good food decisions 95% of the time. Can't wait till I can fit into all my old clothes!

Good luck to everyone for the December challenge! Hope you all reach the goals you have set for this month.

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    schewe1 wrote: »
    Does anyone else allow a day a week to go over calorie intake? I look forward to being able to indulge a bit over on Saturdays. I still account for what I eat, but I allow a day to just enjoy.....just curious.....

I do--- I intermittent fast 5/2 during the week so I can enjoy my weekend social time and eat somewhat "normal' on the weekends. Although last month it didn't help much with birthdays and Thanksgiving, but I was losing fairly steadily before that. This month I'll start up again next week and I may add a couple of OMAD days in one at a time to jog a loss.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, Dec 2

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, Body Pump & Zumba

Goals/Comments: Can't eat fruit, nuts, veggies or Quest bars this week (until Thursday night) due to my test on Thursday---so if you're wondering why my diary will look so bare, redundant and light--that'll why, unfortunately. I also won't be able exercise much beyond Tuesday, will make for a struggle this week. :s Just hoping all goes well and I don't have a gain come Friday.

Wishing you a successful start to your week! :)

• IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under but over on carbs
    Exercise yes walked all day at work
  • kirbyallison
    kirbyallison Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday December 2
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: slightly above
    Exercise: walked all day shopping

Comments: weekend are the hardest for since I am with friends and I don’t want to eat or drink healthy when I go out. But very proud of myself had no soda when I went out I stuck to water all day.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hello! My name is Sana, 22 years old. I'm a college student. I'm 5'5 weighing in at 179.5 pounds.

I joined this group in January of this year. Since then I lost a bit, then got into a weight loss rut, and since September have been losing consistently again. I've lost a total of about 25 pounds, and almost 20 pounds since joining the challenge.

My goal for December is to get to at least 174.

I will achieve this goal through my smaller goals:
    -Eating at 1400 and under 1500 calories.
    - Exercising at least 5 times a week. I'd like to work on this more. Even if it's short, I want to get my blood pumping daily. I've given myself some room because going gung ho at anything doesn't tend to work for me. I think it's reasonable.
    - Drinking at least 90 ounces of water a day. I did poorly on this last month so will try to improve this month.

I'm excited to reach our December goals together! Let's finish the year strong!
  • schewe1
    schewe1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Daily Post 2 Dec
    Calories: within range
    Exercise: ran 3.44 miles
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Daily Post: Sunday, December 2
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes- walked 1 mile

I'm feeling under the weather but still walked my mile and made my calorie goals
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Dec. 2nd

Track: yes
    Calories under goal: yes
    Exercise: Yes. Took my longest walk yet (5700 steps) -- Fitbit shows 8200 steps today overall.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Username: beckymomof3girls
    Week: December Week 1
    PW = 252.8
    CW= 251.2

*Please let me know if I did something incorrectly with this post. I'll edit it

@Beckymomof3girls It's great, thanks!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh in Day Sunday:
    @clairetomkinson84
  • BreanaRenae
    BreanaRenae Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Daily Post 2 Dec
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes! 60 minute OrangeTheory Class!

Today I worked harder to be mindful of my calorie intake even on the weekend. I also made sure to drink water all day today.
  • AB0215
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes, OMAD
    Exercise:Yes, 45 mins weight training, 15 mins walk

Comments: Today marks day 1 of my quest to train every day of the week, wish me luck, I haven't been able to achieve this before, and it's time to start getting more serious about my goals so, I will be training 7 days a week. It will be hard, but it will also set me up for the future when I get even better, because then I will be training twice a day, but that's in the distant future and when I get more competitive.
    Also, did a little more work on my gym, got my new plate rack in and so I built platforms for my weight tree and my weight rack for my bumper plates. Super happy with how it's shaping up.
    Will be getting a big mirror for the wall and hanging that soon and it will be mostly complete at that point.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Daily Post 2 Dec
    Tracked: Yes
    Exercise:yes shoveling snow 30 minutes
    Not the best day eating but under calories
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post, Sunday, December 2
    Tracked. Yes
    Calories. Way over 😳
    Exercise. Calisthenics & stretches
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Mike. I will tell you a little about myself. I have been over weight for most of my life. I had both my knees replaced in 2016(at the same time). In March 2018 I had my left hip replacement. At that time I found out I had a fatty liver. I also found out I had liver cancer. In September I had a liver resection which got rid of the cancer. Now in I really have to lose weight. I am not working so I can walk and do some things. I have to be careful. Groups like this really help to keep me on track. I hope to be a ascent to group. Thanks
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise no
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Monday Weigh-in

Week : December Week 1
    PW (26 Nov) : 236.7lbs
    CW : 232.4lbs

Yay me! Good start to the month 😊
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Hi I'm Brittany and this is my 3rd month doing BLC. I'm a 5 ft even, 31 yo wife, mom of two young boys, and jogging, weight training, and yoga are my exercises of choice. I have several obstacles to face this month, so my goals are:

-Workout at least 2 times per week
    -Track all food daily
    -Drink at least 40 oz of water (water is a struggle for me)
    - Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note.

Looking forward to a great December with you all!

CW: 139.2 lbs
    GW for December: 134 lbs
    Overall GW: 115 lbs.

ojifpkh6pduo.jpg
    @Bm00re2u Great goals for December and welcome back!! I (obviously) love weight training, you're doing your body so much good when you do that! And building muscle will help you keep a lower body fat amount as muscle needs more calories to maintain and will burn through fat to maintain itself. Another thing is when you get to your goal weight, having more muscle means you'll need to eat more to maintain you weight (and food is good :smile: )
    I've recently discovered the recommended amounts of water and it might surprise you. They recommend that you take your body weight and divide that by 2 and drink that amound in ounces per day. I know that's difficult in the beginning, for me that's 83 ounces (which luckily is down from the 100 or more when I started). I would encourage you to try to get 68ish...if you can. My trick is that I fill 3--1 ltr bottles up each morning and I know that I've reached that goal when I've gone through all 3 bottles.

That's great advice! I am horrible with water intake, but I'm going to strive for 68 oz. I completed 42 oz today, so that will be my target for tomorrow.
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Exercise: Yes

-Workout at least 2 times per week: Walked 15 min. today. Weight training tomorrow.

-Track all food daily: Done

-Drink at least 40 oz of water (water is a struggle for me): Hit 42 oz. Striving for 68 oz tomorrow .

- Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note: Daily affirmation- you are more than enough and determined for greatness.

Happy Sunday! Ready for an awesome week!
This discussion has been closed.