TEAM: Gutbusters (December)

Replies

• amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    Imagine yourself at your goal. What do you think will be different then? Are you thinking about physical, mental, emotional, or other kinds of differences from your life today?

If I'm honest, with more than 100# to lose, I can't quite imagine myself there yet. That's far away and smaller goals feel more attainable and keep me motivated. That said, offering a different perspective here feels at least somewhat important.

I know there will be great physical benefits. I am fortunate to not have any serious health issues, though I am certainly obese. I'm well aware of how much easier movement and certain parts of my life will be, but I've also not felt significantly limited by my weight in my life. I do look forward to having things be easier, lighter, less laborious and not having even a fleeting thought about whether I can handle a strenuous hike or adventure.

What has always troubled me is that so many other aspects of my life are terrific, in control, just as I have always wanted. Dream-like, really. So, this is my achilles heal, if you will. It makes it all the more difficult - why is it so hard to get this one thing right? It feels like a problem I will be so very proud to solve - for life. And it will be a personal achievement that will not be shared. It will be my win.

Finally, I've always been very careful to remind myself that there is very much that will remain the same. Emotionally, not much will change. Many of the personal challenges that exist in my life will still exist. Stress from being a working, entrepreneurial mom - that's not going to go away because I weigh less.

Hope some of this makes sense. I'm working to be realistic about this lifestyle change because taking it one day, one meal, one walk, one bite at a time is how I seem to be staying on track. Don't get me wrong, the result of changes thus far feels fab. This is going to be a long road for me - and then, maintenance.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    December 12
    Exercise. Yes. 35 min treadmill inclines 3k
    Calories Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    caitlynns727
    Week 2
    Previous: 177.9
    Current: 175.9

Super pleased with this week!
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    ryjar80 wrote: »
    @LesIckaBod
    I posted my weight yesterday but I don't see it in the thread

Ryjar80
    Week 2
    PW:151.2 lbs
    CW:148.6 lbs

@ryjar80 I got it! Well done!
  • LesIckaBod
    Happy Wednesday, Gutbusters! Today I'm looking for weights from:

@12sarah2015 - found it!
    @24blfn
    @caitlynns727 - gotcha - well done!
    @Edising
    @hooversgurl
    @inshapeCK
    @kkmark

It's easy to overlook weights if they're not in the format below. Please help me out by posting them this way:
    Username
    Week 2 December
    Previous Weight:
    Current Weight:
  • LesIckaBod
    Folks, I'm in serious crunch time right now work-wise. I'm checking in to monitor progress, but I'm going to be flying low with posts for about a week or more. Bear with me!

Stay strong, Gutbusters!
  • Colleen790
    edited December 2018
    Username: Colleen790
    Thursday weigh in. Dec 13
    Previous weight: 167.1
    Current weight: 166.6
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    kkmark
    Week 2
    PW:164 lbs
    CW:162.4 lbs
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    December 12
    Exercised?: No.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Did not get out for a walk today (quite warm) and did not do my usual make up bodyweight exercises when I don't get out.

Well under for calories though.

Will try get back to my usual tomorrow (weather permitting - bad weather is expected).
  • LesIckaBod
    December 11
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Tracked them today, by memory, so I may have missed some calories.

Late gathering with friends after long commute and work day. I had some a handful of chips and guacamole and probably a regular snack-bag size of M&Ms (friend had brought the mint ones). No alcohol or other treats that people brought.

December 12
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes

Early early mornings and late late nights are wearing on me. A handful of leftover chips with guacamole put me over my calorie target for the day. I'm exhausted, and not yet done tonight, but I did make time to exercise and cook a decent dinner for us.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Hi _ I didnt realize I was still in - Wk 1 169
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Goal for end of wk two 167 - started exercising again which feels really great. Also am going to get a personal trainer at my gym....hoping this will be motivating and help me get back on track!
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 589 Member
    December 12
    Exercised?: No (Rest Day)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Some nice losses for our group - congratulations!

December 12
    Exercise:- Yes, 60 mins treadmill
    Calories:- Yes
    Track:- Yes
  • Colleen790
    December 13
    Exercised. No
    Calories. No. Over
    Tracked. Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    Happy Thursday, Gutbusters! Today I'm looking for weigh-ins from:

@aknroberts
    @Colleen790 - great job with the continued steady loss!
    @Grebber1-- way to find yourself back on track!
    @sabrina32576
    @Stimpy56
This discussion has been closed.