Replies

• Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge 1/6 - My pass day. I was sick in bed. :(

1/7
    Calories - ✅
    Tracking - ✅
    Exercise - ✅ Taught 40 minutes of Zumba, then lifted weights. I went to a Zumba class in the evening. I'm ending the day with around 14k steps.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    January 7 Mon
    Calories - ✅
    Tracking - ✅
    Exercise - ✅ (5k Run/Treadmill/Yoga/Tai Chi)
    Steps - 19439
    Water - 84oz
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge 1/7:

Tracking - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - yes :smiley: - Finally got back to the gym. Felt so good and made my day so much better.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Monday, January 7, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 30 minute medium hard elliptical / 10 minutes stretching
    Steps as of posting: 13,926

I have a random complaint of the day. I feel like you should get tons of steps and calories burned for making dinner. Not sure if y’all do, but I sure don’t. I leave the kitchen after an hour of prepping, cooking, cleaning and feel exhausted, ready for a drink(dinner for 4 picky eaters ((including me))). I think, “surely that counted as active minutes and at least 2000 steps”. Not at all :(.

I agree completely!! Feel like once it's done I've earned something extra, but never works out that way.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    kathamh wrote: »
    Am I posting in the right place?

kathamh wrote: »
    Weigh in day! I am soo happy, too bad weigjt loss doesn't stsy as fast later on as the first weeks.
    Wk 2
    PW: 240
    CW: 235.8
    ☺Good progress!

Yes, you are posting in the right place, and no, it is not good progress....it is great progress!!! A solid four pounds gone.....well done!!!

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes, Stretches, strength training and walking.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in:
    January 6 - 221.6 lbs

Pleased with the results considering I didn’t exercise this week.

I missed this the first time through....well done, Pam! You lost almost two pounds, but more importantly, you reversed the trend!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Rawrbyn wrote: »
    Mini Challenge 1/6 - My pass day. I was sick in bed. :(

1/7
    Calories - ✅
    Tracking - ✅
    Exercise - ✅ Taught 40 minutes of Zumba, then lifted weights. I went to a Zumba class in the evening. I'm ending the day with around 14k steps.

Hope you are feeling better today, Robyn!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @mikea2g
    Those kinds of issues are why I stopped using fitbit - and I am in no way saying ppl should stop using fitbit. It is a great tool, and you and others seem to get a benefit from it.
    But personally I found that things like that bothered me and had me not tracking calories properly. And that had me actually not losing weight anymore.

Anyway, I hope it continues to provide value for you.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge 1/7

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Today was leg day at the gym. Did probably 1.5 hours of strength training exercises, squats, deadlifts, sumos, extensions, leg lifts, etc. It was a really great workout. Eating, even though not good nutritious food, was still under calories.

Tomorrow is an early weigh in day before I head to Ireland. I hope it isn’t worse than last week. :)

Way to leave for Ireland (very exciting, BTW!) with this great workout as your last memory!! It'll make it easier to recall, and then resume, once you return home!
  • erikNJ
    Options
    I finally saw a decent loss on the scale this morning. And considering my weigh-in day isn't til Friday that gives me hope that this week will break my wall down and get in the right direction
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    @mikea2g
    Those kinds of issues are why I stopped using fitbit - and I am in no way saying ppl should stop using fitbit. It is a great tool, and you and others seem to get a benefit from it.
    But personally I found that things like that bothered me and had me not tracking calories properly. And that had me actually not losing weight anymore.

So, Erik, you don't use it at all, or you don't have it hooked up to MFP? I just use mine for steps, and challenges, but not calories burned. We have a step challenge group started (thanks to Mike!) for anyone with a Fitbit.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    erikNJ wrote: »
    @mikea2g

So, Erik, you don't use it at all, or you don't have it hooked up to MFP? I just use mine for steps, and challenges, but not calories burned. We have a step challenge group started (thanks to Mike!) for anyone with a Fitbit.

It started as not just hooked up to MFP. But it’s been about a year or more since I have used it at all
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    January 7
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga 🧘‍♀️ & meditation 🧘‍♂️
    40 min walk
    17 min cardio
    Steps: 10285
    Water:102 oz
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @erikNJ, I have the same issues as you do about Fitbit the biggest issues for me though was I had to charge mine every day. It was more of a pain so I ended up switching to a garmin. At one point I disconnect it to MFP until I bought my garmin. The garmin you don’t charge so I can use it swimming.

As far as it not tracking correctly the calories we burn, I manually input my exercising calories.

Btw, congrats on the scale dropping :)
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    January 7, 2019
    Tracking: Yes
    Under: No
    Exercise: No

☹️
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1/7/2019
    Tracking: yes
    Under: no
    Execise: no
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Monday, January 7, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 30 minute medium hard elliptical / 10 minutes stretching
    Steps as of posting: 13,926

I have a random complaint of the day. I feel like you should get tons of steps and calories burned for making dinner. Not sure if y’all do, but I sure don’t. I leave the kitchen after an hour of prepping, cooking, cleaning and feel exhausted, ready for a drink(dinner for 4 picky eaters ((including me))). I think, “surely that counted as active minutes and at least 2000 steps”. Not at all :(.

Awww mike. I am in the same boat. I cook for 5. I have to make my dinner first so I can eat as I go or else I will never eat. 2 eat the same, 1 is super picky and another isn't picky at all and loves all the fixings. I usually make the same meal, 4 different ways. But i understand what you mean, seems for the amount of energy spent you should get more steps for it
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Jan 7

Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes

This discussion has been closed.