Options

Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    PhatStax69 wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    PhatStax69 wrote: »
    I just can't do this. ive gained 2.2 lbs since the start of this. Im thinking just eating what I want would be less calories than eating healthing all day and then bingeing. It has to be less calories since im gaining now. I feel like giving up, again.

@PhatStax69, Hang in there, Keith! Mike has given you some excellent suggestions; I hope you find something in there that works for you.

I do have a question for you. Why is it you think you are bingeing? Is it because you are denying yourself certain foods, or is it because you are still feeling hungry at the end of the day? Making some foods taboo almost never works...you are better off to incorporate a smaller serving into your daily calorie goal, like Mike suggested. And if they are trigger foods for you, they probably shouldn't be in the house. But, if you are bingeing at night because you are still feeling hungry, you may need to make your daily deficit smaller. Yes, it would mean losing at a slower rate, but losing is better than gaining! And make sure you are drinking your water. It really does help to make you feel fuller so you never reach that ravenous point. But don't wait until you are ravenous to start drinking.....it won't cut it then!!

Well after diner yesterday I was stuffed but I still wanted junkfood. I can eat a carton of ice cream or a whole pizza at a time, just stuff myself. yes I am trying to eat healthy foods so I am denying myself junk and fast food.

I don’t think that completely abstaining from bad foods is the best way to start a new health routine, although it may seem so. I think most people here would agree that that does not lead to long-term success as you are more likely to go over the edge and cave in badly.
    Balance is necessary. Everyone needs to find their own way. Some people have suggested having small portions of an unhealthy food you enjoy. Personally I have one cheat meal a week (sometimes two) and that helps me with cravings.
    Don’t give up! Just try things out til something works for you.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    My back went out on me. Yesterday at work. Just sitting at the table reading a book. Literally not doing anything. Not moving. I felt my back tighten up and then i couldn't move. Was able to walk hunched over to talk to my boss and she wad great about it, even getting my coat and calling my son for a ride! Have been stuck in bed, mostly in one position, for the last 18 hours! Ugh.
    This happens twice a Year, but usually in the spring and winter. Maybe the odd weather (rain in january in wisconsin) tricked my back? Just want to get up and get some steps in. This is killing me!

I have a similar issue. Its seems once a year my back just goes out and I cant even get out of bed without using a cane. I hope this passes quickly! (But don’t rush it)
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Jan 7

Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes

Lol I jumped the gun on this one yesterday, apparently I was just that confident, lol...anyway still a yes.
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    January 8, 2019
    Tracking: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 20 minutes running, 15 minutes calisthenics
    Water: 72oz
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My back went out on me. Yesterday at work. Just sitting at the table reading a book. Literally not doing anything. Not moving. I felt my back tighten up and then i couldn't move. Was able to walk hunched over to talk to my boss and she wad great about it, even getting my coat and calling my son for a ride! Have been stuck in bed, mostly in one position, for the last 18 hours! Ugh.
    This happens twice a Year, but usually in the spring and winter. Maybe the odd weather (rain in january in wisconsin) tricked my back? Just want to get up and get some steps in. This is killing me!

Happens to me once in awhile too! Much less now that I weigh less, but every once in awhile, BAM! Back goes out. Somehow last time this happened I was down for a week and managed to lose a few pounds. I was at the mercy of my wife feeding me and she is on board with losing weight so i stuck to my calorie limit that week easy peasy! I had to show her my food log to get her to feed me more, lol.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options
    @PhatStax69, excellent advice from everyone! If I can do this you can, this has been the hardest thing I ever did. I still struggle at times making healthy food choices. It’s soooooo worth it, the end results......
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    January 8
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga 🧘‍♀️ & meditation 🧘‍♂️
    60 min aerobic exercise
    Steps: 10403
    Water:102 oz
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    NEED some chocolate but it would put me over calories and carbs! One cheat day? What do you guys suggest to satisfy my craving? Any low carb chocolate suggestions?
  • erikNJ
    Options
    NEED some chocolate but it would put me over calories and carbs! One cheat day? What do you guys suggest to satisfy my craving? Any low carb chocolate suggestions?

Would your calories allow one miniature candy bar? Often one single piece is around 40-50 calories
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Guys, I'm a slacker. I haven't managed to weigh myself for this week yet. I'm FINALLY back home (the fam was driving me nuts), so I'll be weighing in tomorrow :s Also my scale battery died, so that was a problem.

I definitely meant to track miles this month, but I'm fairly certain I've only ran 2 or 3 miles so far. Exercise is so hard to do at home! Thankfully, I am now reunited with my beloved gyms. I also start a proper workout class next week AND I'm pretty good about running when I'm on campus anyway.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    ForLangston
    Last Week 254.8
    CW: 253.6
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Wednesday, January 9, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 20 minute light elliptical / 10 minut stretching / 45 minute weight lifting. / 30 minute walk later in the day.
    Steps as of posting: 13,286

Found out my driveway is between 175 and 225 steps depending on how I walk it :).

@swauters My chocolate fix is filled by either chocolate protein powder or 1 small chocolate chip cookie. It’s a good day when I have a good amount of extra calories and a chocolate craving on the same day :). Only the protein powder meets the low carb requirement though.
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    January 9
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1/9:
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 60 min stationary bike
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    1/9
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    exercise: no, had prior plans after work that didn’t involve moving. But I kept my calories in check today

Sun: no
    Mon: yes
    Tue: yes
    Wed: no
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options
    January 9 Wednesday
    Calories - ✅
    Tracking - ✅
    Exercise - ✅ (Morning Walk/Treadmill/Yoga/Tai Chi)
    Steps - 16,730
    Water - 72oz
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1/9/2019
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, walking
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    edited January 2019