TEAM WAISTAWAYS JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Missed checking in yesterday. Came to read how everyone is doing, but forgot to post.

For some reason, I have been hungry the past two days. Not sure why, as the days have been pretty typical as has my eating plan. This is not something I typically find to be an issue. I won't change anything for a couple of days and hope it goes away.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

DECEMBER WEEK 4 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST and TEAM LBS LOST...

FOR DEMBER WEEK 4 ALL OF OUR TEAMS HAD A GAIN. HEY, ITS OK!! It happens. Now to learn from it and move on!!

Still, we have reason to celebrate, Here is who stood out on this past difficult week.....

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @lyssysho26 - 2.41%
    2nd - @Jan110144 - 2.19%
    3rd - @murrell007 - 1.55%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @lyssysho26 - 5.6
    2nd - @Jan110144 - 3.1
    3rd - @TattooedDolphinGirl78 AND @cassiegetsfit2013 - 2.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@cassiegetsfit2013 @TattooedDolphinGirl78 @pioneerrose
    @Amsandos @AustinRuadhain
    @chardonais21 @jenready

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Mission Slimpossibles - 634,693
    2nd - Weight No More - 572,075
    3rd - Trimstones - 485,339
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    gbdy6s9h33gc.png

DECEMBER 2018 GRAND FINALE WINNERS!!

TEAMS % LOST

1st - WaistAways - 0.88%
    2nd - Trimstones - 0.81%
    3rd - Weight No More - 0.74%

TEAMS LBS LOST

1st - Trimstones - 40.1
    2nd - Weight No More - 38.1
    3rd - WaistAways - 21.8

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @AustinRuadhain - 6.03%
    2nd - @lyssysho26 - 5.63%
    3rd - @Jan110144 - 5.08%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @lyssysho26 - 13.5
    2nd - @AustinRuadhain - 11
    3rd - @Fattleass - 8.8

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@kmfeig87 @cassiegetsfit2013 @magnusMLQ
    @Mrsbell8well @AmiC0717
    @Fattleass @Jugar

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Mission Slimpossibles - 2,840,947
    2nd - Weight No More - 2,833,962
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 2,519,887
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @Claucescu
    @jennykriz
    @Theressa7

Just a reminder that we will need your week one weigh in and what day you will be weighin in each week. Thanks!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Missed checking in yesterday. Came to read how everyone is doing, but forgot to post.

For some reason, I have been hungry the past two days. Not sure why, as the days have been pretty typical as has my eating plan. This is not something I typically find to be an issue. I won't change anything for a couple of days and hope it goes away.

Take a look at your logs ... have your proportions changed? Are you doing more (not necessarily "formal exercise" stuff)?

Maybe your body is craving a specific nutrient it needs .... eg does more protein usually help you "feel full longer"? How's your water intake? Sometimes the thirst-signal is miss-read as "hunger"

(or if your late December was more sugary than usual, maybe it is sugar withdrawal hoping to entice you to NOT go completely back to "typical = healthy"

If it's the latter, your "won't change anything for a couple of days" should do the trick. Let us know how it goes.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Did you seee, did you SEEEEE! We made the top Team % Lost in December!!!!!! The HARDEST treats-in-your-face month of the year!!!!!!!

Now to work ourselves through the hardest "ignore what just happened and concentrate on progress" month ....

If it helps, remember that 2019 (Chinese) New Year is still 4 weeks away .... still time to meet those almost-there 2018 X-by- 2019 New Year's goals!

I am aiming for "Normal BMI by (Chinese) New Year" (2.5 pounds away)

What will you aim for?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options

This happens when you are really close to goal! I found I was often famished the closer I got - it took a couple of months at an in-between weight before being able to start losing the last few. This is where I am right now, and this group is going to help get there - but it might be slow. If you stay hungry, eat a bit more to see how that goes. Maybe you have been building more muscle lately! Or maybe it's winter, and we need to stay warm B)
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello Fellow WaistAways!!!

My name is Mari (short for Maricela) and I am the oldest member of this group lol. Not in age obviously I am still young and beautiful and fitter each day lol. By oldest I mean I am the founder of our great group. Last year i stepped away for a bit of a "sabatical" while I sorted out my personal life and our amazing friend Steve was kind enough to take over the group so it can continue growing and helping others reach their weight loss and fitness goals. Thanks to him, Greg, Beka and other mods who have come and gone and all of our amazing captains old and new, our great group is still standing and going strong!! I came back ready to help our great team of Mods and Caps in this amazing adventure of helping out such an outstanding group of people.

A little more about me, I am a 39 year old mother of 3 gorgeous boys, JJBean (14 yrs), Spooks (12 yrs) and SJ (3 yrs ). I'm married to the greatest guy ever. He is so supportive and loves me unconditionally. I was obese my entire life. I was an obese child, teen and adult. I have been dieting since I was a teen doing everything out there. Nothing ever worked for me. As an adult I had the gastric band surgery but it was a failed surgery. 5 years ago I did so well losing 75 lbs but after my mom passed away from ovarian cancer I ate through my grief and gained it all back and then some. After having my youngest in 2015, I decided enough was enough and got myself back onto this fitness journey. I started up again January 2016 and haven't looked back since. I lost 68.8 lbs on my own. Then on June 13th 2017, I had the Gastric Bypass Surgery. Since this surgery I have lost another 98 lbs making it a total of 166.8 lbs lost .

This group has been such a huge part of my journey both before and after my surgery and I know I would not have come so far without the support and encouragement of MFP and this group!

Oh Mari! It is great to see you back! We have been doing well - it seems that those who are posting and checking in are getting onto a great new year groove. And thanks for your (re-)introduction. I know that some of us have forgotten to do that (post-holiday fog??) and it is fantastic getting to know at least the most important things about each other.

Small housekeeping: I have deleted @bandxgeek13 from our team spreadsheet at their request.
  • jugar
    Options
    Saturday weigh-ins due:
    @me_jello
    @Micki48
    @Vicky2767

Then our week 1 will be done! Great job, everyone.
  • jugar
    Options
    So following Mari's wonderful re-introduction. A bit about me:

I'm Liselyn, living in rural Québec (Canada), on a beautiful big piece of woods with streams, hills, and lots of wildlife. And snow. That's my favourite part, as I'm an avid snowshoer. I'm just about to turn 65 this month, and retired from a long university career in Montreal. I'm a musician (was a music prof) and mom of two fabulous grown up people - a daughter (26) who is in the Canadian Army, soon to be moving out to Alberta, and a son who works hard running big saws and other scary machinery making die boards that are sold all through the Americas. DH is also retired but hasn't really noticed. He is a computer programmer, he takes care of our property, cuts our heating wood, and his website (hermit.cc) is full of hilarity and information. If you like British motorcycles of a certain vintage, especially.

About 7 years ago I was working in a stressful admin position at the university and had ballooned up to an unacceptable weight. I'm only 5 feet tall, so that happens easily. I had a 6 month leave while my husband had both knees replaced and I was due some time off for hard time served (!). During that 6 months I lost 35 pounds and worked hard to get into some kind of shape. I have kept most of that off ever since, but still rely on MFP and groups like this when I start to slide into bad habits. Retirement hit me hard, and I did WAY too much sitting around feeling useless at first. Now I'm doing better - keeping fit, pestering my horse (who lives at my daughter's place - double bonus), and playing music. Thanks team! It really helps.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Saturday
    PW 216.6
    CW 217.3

I’ll do better next week. Really didn’t get fully committed this week. 😢
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    WOW it took me awhile to catch up with all the posts. Such a active and happy team from what i can see! Its so nice to meet all of you and im very excited to reach some goals with you all.

I was in team Workout Warriors last month but decided i needed a bit of a change so i was placed in this team. I didnt do very well in December and as you will all see in a few, i didnt have a great start to January. BUT I swear to you all my amazing Waist Aways......I'm turning this around! Kids are back in school on Monday and I am already back at the gym. This has been exciting as my husband has decided to join me again. I do hope his newfound new year motivation continues for the rest of 2019. SO, I need to work on my intake and its getting better each day. I'm going to focus a lot on water and on keeping my carb intake as minimal as possible.

And NOW......Im sorry to post this team but I have to face the music......

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 174.3
    Current weight: 178.2
  • jan110144
    edited January 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Or maybe it's winter, and we need to stay warm B)

I have noticed that I do get cold easier without the extra fat layer. (Also that I am less buoyant in the swimming pool!) :smile:
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello waistaways glad to start the new year with you. I'm Sarah I'm 37 and I have 2 kiddos and 3yo and my son will be 1 next month😭 I dont know where the time has gone. I will also return from my maternity leave next month and that has me a little stressed but also excited to go back to the grownups world. I also have a very supportive hubby and we live in Germany. I'm from the US hes german. I love living here and it is a great place to raise a family but I do get homesick and miss my family.

I joined mfp last april after I had my son. And I started with the challenge shortly thereafter it's a great motivation. I am currently 10 pounds under my pre baby weight but still have about 40 pounds to go until goal weight... I have been struggling with my weight since my early 30s. But since joining mfp I feel much more in control and know if I stick to my calories and get some exercise I do lose weight no magic involved. I try to eat low carb bc I dont get alot of calories and i need to make them count for something that will fill me up and keep me going. I started adding fiber to my diet bc I noticed I could not get close to my target fiber requirements while also cutting carbs. It has made a huge difference for me. I feel better I stay fuller and I lose weight. I give myself a cheat day normally sat to eat what I want but I dont go crazy.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you guys!!
  • jan110144
    Options
    @mari_moulin it is a pleasure to have you in our group!

@jugar I guess I missed the reintroduction! So. Here goes ...

My name is Jan. I am 74, live in Indiana and have been using MFP for a little over a year. After floundering around a bit for a few months, I finally figured out what works for me and have been moving along the wait loss trail pretty smoothly for the past 5 months (almost 50 pounds down). I started getting active in the MFP community about 3 months ago when I decided I needed support to get to the finish line. I am now 3 pounds from the low end of my maintenance goal and am very grateful for the F2F group gor helping me stay in track the past couple of months.

I am retired from a career in highet ed and my passion is riding and training my horse. I compete in upper level dressage, so workino on my fitness is crucial. Additionally, I enjoy outings with friends, theater, music reading and travel when I can fit it in.
  • me_jello
    me_jello Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week 1
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Previous week 180.8
    Current week 178.6
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Weigh in Saturday
    PW 216.6
    CW 217.3

I’ll do better next week. Really didn’t get fully committed this week. 😢

no worries!! you'll catch up and we'll enjoy you being there.
  • jugar
    Options
    Bear479 wrote: »
    Hello waistaways glad to start the new year with you. I'm Sarah I'm 37 and I have 2 kiddos and 3yo and my son will be 1 next month😭 I dont know where the time has gone. I will also return from my maternity leave next month and that has me a little stressed but also excited to go back to the grownups world. I also have a very supportive hubby and we live in Germany. I'm from the US hes german. I love living here and it is a great place to raise a family but I do get homesick and miss my family.

I joined mfp last april after I had my son. And I started with the challenge shortly thereafter it's a great motivation. I am currently 10 pounds under my pre baby weight but still have about 40 pounds to go until goal weight... I have been struggling with my weight since my early 30s. But since joining mfp I feel much more in control and know if I stick to my calories and get some exercise I do lose weight no magic involved. I try to eat low carb bc I dont get alot of calories and i need to make them count for something that will fill me up and keep me going. I started adding fiber to my diet bc I noticed I could not get close to my target fiber requirements while also cutting carbs. It has made a huge difference for me. I feel better I stay fuller and I lose weight. I give myself a cheat day normally sat to eat what I want but I dont go crazy.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you guys!!

So good to know more about you! I have to agree that fibre makes a huge difference. And I hope to remind you that there is no "magic" age that this all works. Some of us waited until quite late to make the difference, and it still works. You are doing so well just to be here! I hope to be in Germany in May and it is one of the most amazing places to be these days. I know it is hard to live abroad too - one of the things I love about MFP is that there are members from many parts of the world. We are learning and making progress together. It is great to meet you.
This discussion has been closed.