TEAM WAISTAWAYS JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Hope I don't get kicked out of the group for skipping one weigh in, but carrying this excess fluid in me feels miserable.
    If you really do not want to, check with one of the moderators and see what they say, or let me know and I'll check. I know it is hard to post a gain, but you'll turn it around for sure. <3

I have been here for multiple months - the moderators can confirm the following for you .... it's "two CONSECUTIVE missed weigh-ins" when you didn't alert Cap's in advance that you would be away. (They can do a carry-over of previous weight, but only by pre- arrangement - like for a vacation that you know will cover two consecutive weigh-in days for you)

If you DON'T pre-notify before missing two consecutive weigh-ins, your name goes to the team's "Cheer Squad" section for the rest of the month and you will have to re-register for the main Fat2Fit Challenge to re-join the active part of the roster the next month. That means you can keep right on participating here, but your numbers are no longer part of the Team Stat calculations the rest of that month.

For most of us, roll-over from one month's active-roster team list to the next month's active-roster same-team list will be automatic, unless you ASK to be removed or placed on a different team, or the Cheer Squad, for whatever (personal) reason. Justification or details for withdrawal or switch don't need to be posted in this general thread.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 - thanks for the info!

@evangsimmons170 I think that the above answer makes it pretty clear that you have some choices. I'm happy just to post the same weight as last week so you don't need to worry about it, OR you can move over to the non-weighing Cheer Squad and stay here for the postings, challenges, and company. So let us know and it shall be done!
  • jugar
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    This is the point where I usually stop. I have had great results and now I am slacking off on monitoring what I eat. I had a terrible day at work yesterday and I want to just eat my emotions right now. I am behind on some work assignments and I feel like I will never get them done. I have gained over the past few weeks and I am starting to feel defeated... but I can’t stop now. This is truly mind over matter. thanks for letting me vent.

So glad to hear you are not going to let your old pattern rule! You are going to get back up and keep going. Venting is useful - go ahead and let fly whenever you want!
  • jugar
    Options
    HOUSEKEEPING!

Weigh-ins due today:
    @iluvnufoods
    @orngnerdz

Late weigh-in:
    @gabi_texanmom (hope you're OK - missing your great messages!)
  • GettingFitTash
    GettingFitTash Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    GettingFitTash
    Monday- Week 2 weigh in
    Last week: 198.4
    This week: 199.6

Up a little bit I like the Monday accountability!! 😁
  • jugar
    Options
    GettingFitTash
    Monday- Week 2 weigh in
    Last week: 198.4
    This week: 199.6

Up a little bit I like the Monday accountability!! 😁

POSTED! I like your attitude!
  • asheetagupte7272
    asheetagupte7272 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hold crapoloa - that's some amazing numbers from everyone!! Way to go gals & guys!! Can I get a woot woot!!
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 1 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - Trimstones - 0.38%
    2nd - Weight No More - 0.15%
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 0.10%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Trimstones - 29.0
    2nd - Weight No More - 10.4
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 7.6

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @trinalong79 - 3.33%
    2nd - @clmumaw74 - 2.81%
    3rd - @pjmfitforme - 2.63%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @trinalong79 - 6
    2nd - @clmumaw74 - 5.1
    3rd - @SaraMakingChanges, @deconstructeddancer, AND @zogini1234 - 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@czvanut @carlsoda @boehle
    @melichalupa @MzManiak
    @SaraMakingChanges @cyndiesstuff

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Trimstones - 701,901
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 680,322
    3rd - Weight No More - 636,232

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    This is the point where I usually stop. I have had great results and now I am slacking off on monitoring what I eat. I had a terrible day at work yesterday and I want to just eat my emotions right now. I am behind on some work assignments and I feel like I will never get them done. I have gained over the past few weeks and I am starting to feel defeated... but I can’t stop now. This is truly mind over matter. thanks for letting me vent.

I know this point all too well. It’s funny how we can get too comfortable with our routines that we stop monitoring and measuring or bothering with any of it at all because we think that we’ve got it down right. Often we forget all this little snacks add up. I find myself looking for snacks and then I wave it off thinking it wasn’t much I can add it later or just take a wild guess at the calories I also find myself tasting far too often and even having small bites of my kids foods to check if it’s hot or to have a taste or when he says mommy I’m done you finish it I’m happy to do so. All these little bits add up at the end of the day. I am also an emotional eater and in bad days i can eat well over double the amount I’m supposed to without even realizing it. Boredom , stress, emotions, tiredness.....it all plays a part in how we do on This journey. The important thing is to not let yourself drown in any of those. Sadly it is life and we have to learn how to get through these moments. Stay strong. Don’t look at the recent gain, look at the BIG Picture. Hey you’ve come a long way and we all know gains happen so just remind yourself that this is just another one of those pesky gains but you know what to do to get it going the right way again. We believe in you!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Hello team!! I am feeling so so sore today! I’ve been working out daily since I got home from visiting the in-laws and my muscles have no idea what’s going on! My abs (yes I have abs they are just hiding lol) are screaming every time i laugh or cough!

I got to the Gym yesterday morning and did an hour on the arc trainer plus 45 min strength training. Also, I was so excited to do Zumba last night. A group of my friends joined me to try it out and I think they will be joining me every Monday moving forward! youpi! Doing better with my food intake. Baby steps right!

This morning I was back to physio for my shoulders....OUCH. And I will be hitting the gym tonight with my husband.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!!

Wait a minute. You call that Baby Steps? I'm doing this all wrong!!!!

Well yea baby steps with the food part lol. Food is my drug and it’s what I struggle with the most. My workouts tho.....I’m a beast!! 💪🏻
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to you too! I have been on a mad cooking binge during a snowstorm - mostly stuff for the working guys in the house - and it will soon be time to fire up the workout video and then get out to faff around in all the lovely new snow. :)

Snow and I aren’t friends but love to hear about it and know that others do in fact enjoy it. I’m the same when the weather is not so good. But for me instead of cooking, I start baking. If only I could just stick to the baking part and not the eating it all part it would be ok 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Hello everyone listen sorry I can’t really walk much given them my shoulder problem so I have to drop out of the step challenge. I only had about 2500 steps yesterday anyway. I can barely move right now.

Sorry to hear you still aren’t doing well Andrea. Don’t worry about the stepping challenge, your recovery is much more important. I do hope you get some relief real soon GF. Sending you all my love.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 - thanks for the info!

@evangsimmons170 I think that the above answer makes it pretty clear that you have some choices. I'm happy just to post the same weight as last week so you don't need to worry about it, OR you can move over to the non-weighing Cheer Squad and stay here for the postings, challenges, and company. So let us know and it shall be done!

@jugar I want to stay on this team and do not want to be moved to a non-weighing team. Since I didn't prearrange my skip this week, here's my info ..

User = evangsimmons170
    Week = 2
    Weigh-in Day = Monday
    Previous Weight = 347.4
    Current Weight = 353.4
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Hold crapoloa - that's some amazing numbers from everyone!! Way to go gals & guys!! Can I get a woot woot!!
    (repost of January Week 1 Stats if you want to see them again ....)
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 1 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - Trimstones - 0.38%
    2nd - Weight No More - 0.15%
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 0.10%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Trimstones - 29.0
    2nd - Weight No More - 10.4
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 7.6

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @trinalong79 - 3.33%
    2nd - @clmumaw74 - 2.81%
    3rd - @pjmfitforme - 2.63%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @trinalong79 - 6
    2nd - @clmumaw74 - 5.1
    3rd - @SaraMakingChanges, @deconstructeddancer, AND @zogini1234 - 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@czvanut @carlsoda @boehle
    @melichalupa @MzManiak
    @SaraMakingChanges @cyndiesstuff

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Trimstones - 701,901
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 680,322
    3rd - Weight No More - 636,232

WOOOOT!! WOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Good for you! Remember that those fluid retention gains go away as quickly as they come.

One of the reasons I switched from weighing weekly to weighing in daily was because it desensitized me to those overnight "gains". I used to get so discouraged when that happened. Weighing daily, I knew that I had not over-eaten (or at least not by 3500 calories!). Or worse yet, had been very "good" the day before and done a killer workout at the gym, only to be up a pound and a half the next day! Eventually. Now, I just shake my headband move on
  • nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nicole3921
    Week 2
    Wednesday
    Pw: 171
    Cw: 172

• nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ugh.... I think the gain might the because I have been lifting heavy this week plus increased my water intake. Also do have an infection so some inflammation is going on in my body! Trying to not be discouraged!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    nicole3921 wrote: »
    Ugh.... I think the gain might the because I have been lifting heavy this week plus increased my water intake. Also do have an infection so some inflammation is going on in my body! Trying to not be discouraged!

That's where looking at your overall trends helps!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    nicole3921 wrote: »

Hang in there. You know that 'inflammation/water' weight leaves as quickly as it comes. This is not a 'real' weight gain!
This discussion has been closed.