Options

Replies

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Week 1 Team Challenge - Choose Your Theme for 2019

Hi everyone - I loved the Word Cloud @UTMom81 created so much I decided to incorporate it into this week's challenge. Please have a look at the words and let the team know the 3-4 words that resonate most with you. What words will become your theme for 2019? This could be like a virtual Vision Board. You may even want to post them on your fridge or bathroom mirror as a daily reminder! Don't forget to share with the group!

vi5tyuz4cgzu.png

I loved this as well.... My 4 words

Strength; I haven't been doing as much strength training as I should, need to increase this and start lifting heavier

Steps and youcandoit; both of these are very relevant. I do a lot of cardio, and some of my steps have fallen behind what they were, as I've been doing quite a lot of spin to aid with cardio health. However, I have committed to running a marathon in October 2019 so steps and running training need to be increased. I've done walking marathons before, but this is an official athletics federation running one.

Support; I am so lucky to be part of this group and for the support I've received, and I'd like to be there to support anyone else in this group when they need it
  • tess5036
    Options
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Mounday
    Previous Weight: 171.5
    Current Weight: 169.1 :open_mouth::smiley:

Wow, seriously impressive over a holiday period!!!!!!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our new members. It is so nice to see our group grow!
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Username: 19shmoo69
    Weigh in Week: WON
    Weigh in Day: SONday
    Previous Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 245

I saw this yesterday and immediately thought of you! Great week, too, by the way!
    3epuk659oleu.jpg

Haha that is so fitting for @19shmoo69 !
    I WAS JUST NOTIFIED MINUTES BY MY MOM THAT MY OLDER HAS TAKEN A HUGE TURN FOR THE WORST. THE SPREAD SHEET TALLIES MAY NOT GET DONE TILL MID WEEK. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MY BROTHER AND FAMILY WILL COME FIRST. I WILL GET TO THEM ASAP.
    GREG

My heart goes out to you and your family. Of course your family comes first! I appreciate everything you do for us and want to thank you for your time and support.
  • tess5036
    Options
    Introduction and check in

I'm Terri or I also answer to Tess. I'm in the county of Northamptonshire in the UK, and have been a part of this group for just over a year. I've lost a lot, but still got about a stone to go. I've developed a love for the gym, and cannot quiet believe how things can change in a couple of years!!!!!

I also help run or teams Fitbit group; if anyone wants to join just send me a private message and I'll sort it out so you can join and you know who is who without people having to post their Fitbit ideas on here.

Saturday check in
    Calories; under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 45 mins spin 30 mins treadmill
    Tomorrow; strength training and no alcohol
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    My name is Sharon and I am a home child care provider from Ontario, Canada. I joined this group (thanks to my sister, @Jactop 😘) back in October and it has helped me tremendously on my journey. I am currently following WW, formerly known as Weight Watchers but the support and motivation I receive here is paramount.

Which brings me to the challenge from the word cloud. I chose Accountability, Planning/Tracking and Support.

Accountability is huge for me when it comes to weight loss and fitness. Being accountable means being honest with myself even through the tough times. This group helps me be accountable.

Planning and tracking are equally important. I know through all my years of gaining and losing weight that planning and tracking is a must for my success.

Support. Yes I know what to do as @ka97 said but the support of this team helps me to continue doing what I know works even when I feel like giving up. I know there are people here who are a lot like me and I want to support them as much as they support me.
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I’m sorry to hear you lost your daughter. So happy though that you are a part of our group. I really like reading your posts and I can relate in many ways.

@Jaybo37 I love what you said about eating and drinking this holiday season and not feeling guilty about it. I am trying to do the same thing. I think we spend way too much time beating ourselves up and being weighed down by guilt.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Weigh In
    Monday
    Week One
    Previous: 150.8 (early Christmas Eve)
    Current: 151.2

This is a little misleading because as of last Wednesday (day after Christmas), I was at 153.4, so I am considering this a "loss week" for me! LOL. I'm feeling more in control now, so hopefully this trend continues, although I know it will be slow and filled with ups and downs. Y'all have a Happy New Year!
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I would be happy to have you take my place in the step challenge if you don’t already have a spot. I want to focus more on weight training this month and if I am in the step challenge I know I will focus too much on steps and not weights. Let me know if you want to do this and I can jump over to the step challenge board and let them know.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I would be happy to have you take my place in the step challenge if you don’t already have a spot. I want to focus more on weight training this month and if I am in the step challenge I know I will focus too much on steps and not weights. Let me know if you want to do this and I can jump over to the step challenge board and let them know.

That would be great if you don't mind? I don't do near as many steps as so many on here but I really do want to push myself this month and do the best I can. I need to work on some weight training too. :)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Yay Monday. This week is going to be rough as I was just diagnosed with a sinus infection and bronchitis. Super fun times. I haven't been hungry so there's that lol

Weigh in
    Weigh-in Days: Monday
    Starting: 254.4
    Current Weight: 252
    I'll try to track my water and calories but it won't be much.

My theme words are going to be accountability, exercise, healthy, and water . Once I begin being more accountable for my actions, the other will come easier. I also need to drink about a gallon of water a day or my urologist is going to kill me :smile:
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    @kres567 I would like to do the step challenge too, if there’s room. Thanks!
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team, Katie! :)
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    @Kres567 since everyone is addressing you regarding the step challenge I will do the same. @TeresaW1020 will be taking my spot so I can focus on weight training as opposed to stepping. I know if I remain in the step challenge I will focus on steps instead. If you need me to contact anyone besides you about this please let me know. Thank you for all you do for our group and Happy New Year!
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My power words are this year are

Recommit
    Strength
    Exercise
    Fat2Fit
    Weightloss
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Calories are under
    Water is over
    Exercise was 40 minutes on the treadmill

Goal for tomorrow is to start 2019 off by doing exactly what I know that I need to do to reach my goal weight by the end of 2019!! :)

Happy New Year!!! <3
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Weigh In
    Monday
    Week One
    Previous: 150.8 (early Christmas Eve)
    Current: 151.2

This is a little misleading because as of last Wednesday (day after Christmas), I was at 153.4, so I am considering this a "loss week" for me! LOL. I'm feeling more in control now, so hopefully this trend continues, although I know it will be slow and filled with ups and downs. Y'all have a Happy New Year!

Nice loss!! 😉
This discussion has been closed.