Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Calories are under
    Water is over
    Exercise was 40 minutes on the treadmill

Goal for tomorrow is to start 2019 off by doing exactly what I know that I need to do to reach my goal weight by the end of 2019!! :)

Happy New Year!!! <3

Great day for you!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    by5hu8rvpbg0.jpeg

My WW group posted this and I found it very helpful so I wanted to share.

This is so good! Very close to @Jaybo37’s post!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Yay Monday. This week is going to be rough as I was just diagnosed with a sinus infection and bronchitis. Super fun times. I haven't been hungry so there's that lol

Weigh in
    Weigh-in Days: Monday
    Starting: 254.4
    Current Weight: 252
    I'll try to track my water and calories but it won't be much.

My theme words are going to be accountability, exercise, healthy, and water . Once I begin being more accountable for my actions, the other will come easier. I also need to drink about a gallon of water a day or my urologist is going to kill me :smile:

Sorry you are so sick!
  • Kres567
    Options
    kem316 wrote: »
    Username: kem316
    Weighin day: Monday
    Previous weight: 257 lbs
    Current weight: 252.6

Intro: Hi! Im Katie and this is my first month on a team. I started my journey on November 29 and haven't looked back. I joined a gym 3 weeks ago and it is my personal goal to get a workout 5 days/week for 30 minutes each time. Every time I go, I fall more in love. I started spinning, which I didn't think I would be able to do, and have realized the sky's the limit for me and I'm the only one who holds me back from reaching my full potential. My goals this month are to make exercise a true habit and to consistently make better food choices based on how they will help me to reach my goals. Im so glad to be a part of this group and have realized that accountability, motivation, and support are the key components I was missing when I've tried to lose weight before. Can't wait to get to know you all!

Welcome Katie! Great loss! I loved your post especially the part about the sky is the limit for you. That should be our team mantra for 2019!
  • Kres567
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @Kres567 I volunteer for the steps challenge. I have new device gifted to me to count the steps. Let me know if I'm on the team.
    Also I'm in on the junk food challenge. On a side note, I like the fact that while biscuits are out, gravy is in. Yummm. Lol
    Now for the WORDS!!
    I have to admit being a preacher I see somethings twofold.
    Recommit- This reminds me I/we have to live life to the fullest and that consists far more than just existing.
    Accountability - I definitely need this. If I'm left to my own device I'm at most miserable.
    Steps- if there's one thing to know about me is I can literally walk anywhere. Walking does not tire me. Growing up it was my transportation for a long time. My job even requires me to walk all day long. I just like to walk.
    Encouragement - this goes hand in hand with Accountability. The best way to be accountable is to encourage. Many believe they cannot encourage but you can with your commitment, your walk and your words.
    Extra words,
    Water- We need it to live plain and simple. When I started living to lose weight and learn to be fit I started drinking water and stopped drinking soda, tea and other drinks. I've become a water lover. I drink all brands and have my favorites.
    COFFEE- I don't need to expound on this. It's coffe 'nuff said.
    Have a blessed day. Hugs and hi-5's!!!

Haha! Your post made me smile too - hi-5 back at you!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Monday Check in

Calories: I was out today for lunch but only had a beet salad with chicken breast (dressing was balsamic reduction and not much of it). Everything else was as plan. I should be under but still need to finish my food journal
    Exercise: only 6K steps today. I took my daughter to a Noon Years Eve party. I was hoping to get more steps in but it was a lot of sitting around while kids played.
    Water: good and still drinking

Goal for tomorrow: get a treadmill workout in
  • Kres567
    Options
    I checked the step challenge spreadsheet and here are the participants:

@Jactop
    @sunshineplace - I’ll ask to switch with @TeresaW1020
    @digger61
    @Jaybo37
    @UTMom81
    @H2596
    @pjmfitforme
    @Wishusdonna
    @tess5036
    @AustinRuadhain

Please let me know if anyone in the list would like to take a break for January.

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    qvxv7zz7lfju.jpg

Ok, I know some team members are already well into 2019 but snoopy and I are still hanging in 2018 for the moment.

Welcome all new and returning members! I'm Mark (aka @broncobuddee) and I'm trying to catch up from a weekend of being away. Four pages to the team thread already!! For those who don't already know of me (or remember), my basic stats are a single life in Michigan, working in higher education IT. From a "F2F" perspective, 2017 was very good to me, 2018 not so much. I led a low carb life in 2017 (although not as low as keto) and made the mistake of letting [higher] carbs back in for 2018. But I'm still here and ready to, albeit a bit cliche, hit 2019 running tomorrow. (I'm down to my very last nibbles of "bad" holiday food).

I saw several team members pick "recommit." Sounds good to me!

My food diary should become active again soon and it is public (I think). Also feel free to friend me on MFP, if you are into MFP friends.

36gpxvq4ay7b.png
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Moderator Greg already mentioned this but in case you missed it, please check the group spreadsheet to make sure your starting weight was accurately transcribed (and feel free to check in during the month for the weekly numbers and results, too). Our team tab can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18SYOiF4mYRUqxP4nFxXOreq9Diq30ArGoRc43KuIrw0/edit#gid=2032789470
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    kem316 wrote: »
    Username: kem316
    Previous weight: 257 lbs
    Current weight: 252.6

Intro: Hi! Im Katie and this is my first month on a team. I started my journey on November 29 and haven't looked back. I joined a gym 3 weeks ago and it is my personal goal to get a workout 5 days/week for 30 minutes each time. Every time I go, I fall more in love. I started spinning, which I didn't think I would be able to do, and have realized the sky's the limit for me and I'm the only one who holds me back from reaching my full potential. My goals this month are to make exercise a true habit and to consistently make better food choices based on how they will help me to reach my goals. Im so glad to be a part of this group and have realized that accountability, motivation, and support are the key components I was missing when I've tried to lose weight before. Can't wait to get to know you all!

Welcome, Katie! We are so glad to have you. Sounds like you have a great plan! Happy New Year!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Calories are under
    Water is over
    Exercise was 40 minutes on the treadmill

Goal for tomorrow is to start 2019 off by doing exactly what I know that I need to do to reach my goal weight by the end of 2019!! :)

Happy New Year!!! <3

Great goal! Good luck tomorrow and Happy New Year!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    by5hu8rvpbg0.jpeg

My WW group posted this and I found it very helpful so I wanted to share.

I LOVE this, Sunshine! Thanks for sharing!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Previous weight: 211.7 lbs
    Current weight: 214.4
  • samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello Team
    Finally done with my 2 weeks vacation back to normal - I did well tried to enjoy myself but eating responsibly
    Username: samuel860
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: NA
    Current Weight: 190.7
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 220.5
    Todays Weight: 220.3

Not much but it's a loss!! I worked hard this week to get the weight I put on over Christmas off. I'm going to crush this week!! B)

Congrats to @AustinRuadhain on being our team's top loser for the month!! Way to go!! :)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,838 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    happy new year. it is a great day to restart as I am going to do
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    THIS IS WHOM I GOT FOR THE JANUARY STEP CHALLENGE
    IF YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    THIS IS A DAILY OR BI DAILY REPORT SO WE CAN KEEP UP WITH THE LOGGING OF IT.

@Jactop
    @sunshineplace
    @digger61
    @Jaybo37
    @UTMom81
    @H2596
    @pjmfitforme
    @wishusdonna
    @tess5036
    @AustinRuadhain
    @teresaw1020
  • Kres567
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 220.5
    Todays Weight: 220.3

Not much but it's a loss!! I worked hard this week to get the weight I put on over Christmas off. I'm going to crush this week!! B)

Congrats to @AustinRuadhain on being our team's top loser for the month!! Way to go!! :)

You are doing amazing! Is that chart working for you so far?
This discussion has been closed.