TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Happy New Year 2019!

I didn't check in for a couple of days as it's been a bit... well... Okay, so my hubby came off his motorbike at the weekend and he has popped a rib and smashed his arm. He's in hospital after they rebuilt him with Meccano yesterday, may be out today, maybe tomorrow. I'm definitely still in for the steps, even though I also think I've broken my little toe when I stubbed it in the middle of the night getting up to go to the loo (old lady!). Can't do much with those though... After breaking my ankle in February I made me and hubby promise not to break anything in 2019, and don't want to have failed already!
    I think everything may have been under, but haven't logged, so let's start again now. I wore my jeans again yesterday, so that's good.

Username: Wishusdonna
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 169
    Current Weight: 170

OMG! So...did these bones technically break in 2018? I hope your boyfriend and your toe heal quickly!

Nice job on the small gain!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Username: Jactop
    Weighin day: Monday
    Previous weight: 211.7 lbs
    Current weight: 214.4

Not bad at all for the holidays @Jactop!
  • Kres567
    Options
    THIS IS WHOM I GOT FOR THE JANUARY STEP CHALLENGE
    IF YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    THIS IS A DAILY OR BI DAILY REPORT SO WE CAN KEEP UP WITH THE LOGGING OF IT.

@Jactop
    @sunshineplace
    @digger61
    @Jaybo37
    @UTMom81
    @H2596
    @pjmfitforme
    @wishusdonna
    @tess5036
    @AustinRuadhain
    @teresaw1020

@TeresaW1020 is switching in for @sunshineplace. That will give us 10 participants. Thanks.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Kres567
    THANKS
    I WILL UPDATE THAT ALSO REMEMBER YOU HAVE EDIT TO IT ALSO

DONE
  • Kres567
    Options
    @crmacph987 - welcome to the team! Please have a read through the discussion and let us know if you have any questions. Also, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the team!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories: under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 30 mins circuits, 45 mins spin, bit of treadmill and general stuff
    Tomorrow; keep the carbs low
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 220.5
    Todays Weight: 220.3

Not much but it's a loss!! I worked hard this week to get the weight I put on over Christmas off. I'm going to crush this week!! B)

Congrats to @AustinRuadhain on being our team's top loser for the month!! Way to go!! :)

You are doing amazing! Is that chart working for you so far?

I am officially starting my 100-day chart tomorrow because that is when my FB group is starting. But I'm already recommitted and focused on my goals. I have 50 lbs to lose before I start thinking about a goal weight and I want that to happen before the end of the year! :)

• sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Moderator Greg already mentioned this but in case you missed it, please check the group spreadsheet to make sure your starting weight was accurately transcribed (and feel free to check in during the month for the weekly numbers and results, too). Our team tab can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18SYOiF4mYRUqxP4nFxXOreq9Diq30ArGoRc43KuIrw0/edit#gid=2032789470

My opening weight is incorrect. There should be a 1 in front of 68.2. Thank you and Happy New Year!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    THIS IS WHOM I GOT FOR THE JANUARY STEP CHALLENGE
    IF YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    THIS IS A DAILY OR BI DAILY REPORT SO WE CAN KEEP UP WITH THE LOGGING OF IT.

@Jactop
    @sunshineplace
    @digger61
    @Jaybo37
    @UTMom81
    @H2596
    @pjmfitforme
    @wishusdonna
    @tess5036
    @AustinRuadhain
    @teresaw1020

I am (@sunshineplace) bowing out of the January step challenge and @TeresaW1020 is taking my place. Thank you.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Moderator Greg already mentioned this but in case you missed it, please check the group spreadsheet to make sure your starting weight was accurately transcribed (and feel free to check in during the month for the weekly numbers and results, too). Our team tab can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18SYOiF4mYRUqxP4nFxXOreq9Diq30ArGoRc43KuIrw0/edit#gid=2032789470

My opening weight is incorrect. There should be a 1 in front of 68.2. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Fixed! Thanks for checking!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Choose your theme....
    commitment
    motivation
    consistency (ok I added that one, but honestly if I had to choose one word - that's would be it)

No junk food challenge....
    Can I trade the "no soda" for "no wine". Really, I need to step away from my evening glass of wine, and I was planning to try to sub diet soda instead.

Sunday check-in
    Calories: didn't track
    Water; some
    Exercise; 1 mile swim + 45 minutes lifting

Monday check-in
    Calories: definitely over
    Water; not much
    Exercise; 6 mile run

Tuesday check-in
    Calories: so far so good
    Water: slightly better
    Exercise: planned rest day

Back to work (teaching) tomorrow :'(

• Kres567
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Choose your theme....
    commitment
    motivation
    consistency (ok I added that one, but honestly if I had to choose one word - that's would be it)

Can I trade the "no soda" for "no wine". Really, I need to step away from my evening glass of wine, and I was planning to try to sub diet soda instead.

Sunday check-in
    Water; some

Monday check-in
    Water; not much
    Exercise; 6 mile run

Tuesday check-in

Yes feel free to switch with other items
  • Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to the step challenge although today’s steps were negligible. Let’s just say I brought in the new year rather too enthusiastically! I tried to get the family to take a walk with me but no chance, and then I was so tired I couldn’t manage it (got to bed at 6am, got maybe 4 hours sleep?)

I’ll resume my check in’s properly tomorrow. Looking forward to reading back through the thread once I wake up properly tomorrow. Back to work after being off for 10 days, ouf it’s gonna be tough!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Choose your theme....
    commitment
    motivation

Sunday check-in
    Water; some

Monday check-in
    Water; not much
    Exercise; 6 mile run

Tuesday check-in

Diet soda instead of wine sounds an excellent swap... I interpret the no soda to mean the sugared soda, I am rather partial to my cherry PespiMax!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Jaybo37 wrote: »
    Thanks for adding me to the step challenge although today’s steps were negligible. Let’s just say I brought in the new year rather too enthusiastically! I tried to get the family to take a walk with me but no chance, and then I was so tired I couldn’t manage it (got to bed at 6am, got maybe 4 hours sleep?)

I’ll resume my check in’s properly tomorrow. Looking forward to reading back through the thread once I wake up properly tomorrow. Back to work after being off for 10 days, ouf it’s gonna be tough!

Man, I'm right there with you Jaybo! Too much wine for me last night, and I've laid around today doing not a whole heck of a lot! I am cooking our New Years meal right now, but that's not going to get me many steps. Maybe I'll feel like a quick walk after, but I kind of doubt it.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Calories are under
    water is wayyyyy over
    exercise was 45 minutes on the treadmill

I did really good today. I did have two glasses of wine at dinner but that fit into my tracking for the day. Did you all know that $2.99 Trader Joes wine is really good? Well, it is!! Just saying! :pB)
  • kem316
    kem316 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Words for 2019: Accountability/Vulnerabiltiy: This was lacking in my earlier attempts at weight loss, so I'm all in for accountability. I also added vulnerability because I realize I can't be fully held accountable if I'm not vulnerable. Vulnerability is especially hard for me. So... I started an instagram for my journey today. If you would like to follow its https://www.instagram.com/katies_spin_on_health/

Fitness: I joined a gym a few weeks ago and have been working out 5 times a week and want to continue that all year.

Healthy: while weight loss is a major goal, my main goal is to just be healthy. If I make choices that are healthy, weight loss will naturally follow.

Tuesday check-in
    Calories:Under
    Water: Under :/
    Exercise: 20 minutes elliptical (planned for 30 minutes and strength too, but who knew that gym closed at noon on New Years Day??)
    Tomorrow's Goals: WATER and 60 minute spin plus strength
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: a very short walk after dinner
    Water: under but not too bad
    Tomorrow: back to routine!
This discussion has been closed.