TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• kem316
    kem316 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    daisytripp wrote: »
    Hi team! Sorry I haven't checked in sooner - my husband and I were at our cabin in the mountains for a long weekend, and it's totally disconnected from technology.

Thanks for adding me to the team! I'm very happy to be here and to be committed to losing weight. The ideas that mostly resonate with me are fitness - being fit - and healthy. That's why I am doing this, but I am on a wacky journey.

Last year, we were pregnant with our first child. I had a full term stillbirth at the end of August and have just not been focused (with good reason) on my eating and exercise while I have been grieving. I'm ready to change that and start taking charge of some more pieces of my life again.

I'll get moving with my daily check-ins tomorrow, but I wanted to say hi!

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm so sorry about the loss of your baby. I can't imagine the grief. Good for you for making your health a priority again! You're going to do great!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Calories are under
    water is wayyyyy over
    exercise was 45 minutes on the treadmill

I did really good today. I did have two glasses of wine at dinner but that fit into my tracking for the day. Did you all know that $2.99 Trader Joes wine is really good? Well, it is!! Just saying! :pB)

You are always so good getting your water in!

I wish we had Trader Joe’s in Canada. It sounds like it has great food (and wine!)
  • Kres567
    Options
    Hi team! Sorry I haven't checked in sooner - my husband and I were at our cabin in the mountains for a long weekend, and it's totally disconnected from technology.

Thanks for adding me to the team! I'm very happy to be here and to be committed to losing weight. The ideas that mostly resonate with me are fitness - being fit - and healthy. That's why I am doing this, but I am on a wacky journey.

Last year, we were pregnant with our first child. I had a full term stillbirth at the end of August and have just not been focused (with good reason) on my eating and exercise while I have been grieving. I'm ready to change that and start taking charge of some more pieces of my life again.

It’s so good that that you took this time to grieve and recognize that its totally okay if you had to focus on other areas of your health first.

Welcome to the team!! We are so happy to have you join!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Tuesday Check In

Calorie: if I am over its not by much. I was able to track everything except for supper. I took the kids and some of their friends ice skating today. Afterwards I took them to Wendys. I made a great choice - a salad with some guacamole and very little dressing (i put it on he side and dip my fork in). I just never know how many calories to count when I don’t have the full amount of dressing.

Water: still drinking but good
    Exercise: I did about 20 minutes on the treadmill before my kids stressed me out so much that I had to stop (they were fighting). In the afternoon we went ice skating for over an hour. I have 10,500 steps but half of that is skating - does that count?

No Junk Food Challenge - I actually forgot it started today. I’m rarely 100% as much as I try. I had two Hershey kisses before I remembered that we started today. 😬

Goal for tomorrow: I have to get some groceries so I have some healthy options for work on Thursday. I’d also like to make and freeze some meals if I can get organized.
  • Kres567
    Options
    I went through the registration page and @kindofangel2003 is definitely assigned to our team - welcome!!! The o my piece of information missing is what day of the week you will weigh in. Once you let us know I will ask that you be added to our spreadsheet.
    ——

Dear Kres: I weigh in on Sunday mornings. Thank you for the speedy response.

We’ve got you entered on the spreadsheet. Did you happen to weigh yourself this past Sunday? Not a big deal if you didn’t; I can just use your starting weight.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 220.5
    Todays Weight: 220.3

Not much but it's a loss!! I worked hard this week to get the weight I put on over Christmas off. I'm going to crush this week!! B)

Congrats to @AustinRuadhain on being our team's top loser for the month!! Way to go!! :)

Thank you, @TeresaW1020 ! :smile: :smile:
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    As far as the Steps Challenge - I am happy to be on it, but not stuck on it. If somebody is itching to do it or has super great step counts (mine are good but not amazing), I'll switch out with them.
    (I promise not to use this as an excuse to quit walking! :smile: )
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In
    Calories: I think about right
    Exercise: 6000 steps and did some work at a gym.
    Java Roasted Water: Hot, Black, Strong and Plenty!!!!
    Tomorrow: more walking and more gym activity
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Checking-in for Tuesday

Calories: not sure
    Water: not sure
    No exercise
    Scale is moving down however

Still sick but on meds so it's hopefully on the way out the door. I managed to eek out a whole mile for my first day of RTY. No bueno but I'll get moving as soon as I can breathe again.
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Calories - over (well, I promised my husband pizza after I broke him out of hospital, but it was homemade and gorgeous!)
    Water - over (necessary rehydration)
    Exercise - just 7391 steps. Mostly in the car today to and from hospital. And the toe is definitely broken. Won't stop me though!

Husband is in agony, but being a real trooper!
  • BoldBerry
    BoldBerry Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Intro
    Hi y'all! I've been using MFP since ~October, but this is the first group I've ever joined. Super excited!

Choose Your Theme for 2019
    Water - I'm really really bad at drinking water for some reason.
    Vegetables - I eat a plant-based diet so yeah that's a big one.
    Sharing - Shyness about weight loss hasn't done me any favors in the past. So this year I'm being more social for accountability, support, and to stay focused.

Tuesday check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: under
    Exercise: none
    Tomorrow: drink more water - I recently made a "water challenge" for myself & my kiddo to see who could drink more. I put a page full of water droplets on the fridge. We each have our own color marker & fill in a drop for every cup of water we drink. He's crushing it; I'm not. But I'm gonna try & change that... got a 2L water bottle that I'm gonna keep with me all day.
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Calories-under
    Water-over
    Exercise-10 mile

Giving up alcohol and sweets for January-hoping this kickstarts my weight loss
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hugs to you, Daisy. We are here for you as you continue this process of grieving and trying to find a new normal. Welcome to the team. What mountains are your cabin in? I leave very near the Great Smoky Mountains and have always wanted a cabin up there. Glad you have a little getaway spot!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Calories-under
    Water-over
    Exercise-10 mile

Giving up alcohol and sweets for January-hoping this kickstarts my weight loss

I'm giving up alcohol for January too! My body is mad at me for NYE, so I thought I'd do myself a favor and commit to this. I usually don't drink more than one or two at a time, and that's just a couple times a week usually, so I can do without! It's nice to know you are doing it too, PJ.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Slimpossible friends, I just wanted to share with you one of my overall goals. I don't think I've mentioned it here before, but it has been in the back of my mind all along. On June 1, I will turn 60. Yes, I'm struggling a bit wrapping my head around that! My goal is to be the healthiest version of myself I have ever been when I get there. I'm doing well in this from the weight angle (well, if I can get back to around 146 like I was before the holidays) because that will be my lowest weight as an adult (I was, like, 23 when I weighed that prior to this past summer/fall).

I am looking for other ways to "assess" health, so I'm open to suggestions of other things to keep track of. My blood work numbers were all fine when I had my last physical, so don't think I can really improve those much. Maybe measuring strength, but honestly, I'm afraid of free weights. I can and do use the machines at Planet Fitness, though. I can't run (doctor's orders--bad knees), but I do a lot of walking already as many of you know. Those of you that participate in them, do people laugh at you if you WALK a 10K instead of run in one? Is that even a thing? Every now and then I'll walk a 5K just here in my neighborhood just for the heck of it. But other than hiking up to 20 miles back when I was hiking all the time, I've never participated in a 10K "race" even on my own in my neighborhood.

Ideas?
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Tuesday Check In
    Exercise: 50 minutes step aerobics
    Water: on track
    Comment: the big brunch happened and went well! I included food on my plan and stuck with it, and logged everything, estimating as needed. Yippee!

Today: food and water on plan, martial arts class, work on decluttering
  • Kres567
    Options
    Checking-in for Tuesday

Calories: not sure
    Water: not sure
    No exercise
    Scale is moving down however

Still sick but on meds so it's hopefully on the way out the door. I managed to eek out a whole mile for my first day of RTY. No bueno but I'll get moving as soon as I can breathe again.

What does RTY stand for? I hope you are feeling much better today!
  • Kres567
    Options
    BoldBerry wrote: »
    Intro
    Hi y'all! I've been using MFP since ~October, but this is the first group I've ever joined. Super excited!

Choose Your Theme for 2019
    Water - I'm really really bad at drinking water for some reason.
    Vegetables - I eat a plant-based diet so yeah that's a big one.
    Sharing - Shyness about weight loss hasn't done me any favors in the past. So this year I'm being more social for accountability, support, and to stay focused.

Tuesday check-in
    Water: under
    Exercise: none
    Tomorrow: drink more water - I recently made a "water challenge" for myself & my kiddo to see who could drink more. I put a page full of water droplets on the fridge. We each have our own color marker & fill in a drop for every cup of water we drink. He's crushing it; I'm not. But I'm gonna try & change that... got a 2L water bottle that I'm gonna keep with me all day.

Welcome @BoldBerry! That sounds like a great challenge to do with your son. Great idea to have the 2L bottle with you. I promise over time, as you change this habit, you will miss water when you don’t drink enough. I’ve also read that changing or introducing a new habit takes 66 days to become a habit so give yourself time to get there!
This discussion has been closed.