2019 - I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON'T GIVE UP!! HERE WE GO!

Options

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Suzy have a fabulous time Gail glad u had a vacay too - more later !!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on another mountain conquered, Suzy! I love hearing about your hikes - so inspiring! I bet the two pounds is just fluctuation. Enjoy your trip!
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Enjoying my trip too much. :( Unfortunately my choices haven’t been the healthiest. It’s not the end of the world though. I’ll deal with it when I get back.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy am glad you are enjoying your trip - don't sweat the break from your "normal" just keep up the water and get in some walkies if you can but otherwise just enjoy your time with family!

I just finished my last night shift for a few months - have taken vacation for the next couple of months over nites so i will be back to a normal sched of just days and evenings ... and am so looking forward to normal and not having any excuse to not take better care of myself!

I'll wait a few days to weigh in officially til my body resets but my daily hop on the scale seems to indicate i've been staying at exactly the same weight since the beginning of the year; no doubt at all now it seems to be comfortable at this "set weight" so i suspect its gonna be hard work talking it into giving some of that up! But women excell at "hard", after all! lol
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Snoozie, I’m glad you’re getting a break from night duty. That has got to be hard on your eating, sleeping, exercising....everything! I know you’ve got to be frustrated beyond belief that the scale isn’t moving but a wise woman (that would be you!) once told me that it isn’t all about the number on the scale. I hope being on a better schedule will be the push that your body needs to reflect your hard work. Remember our motto for the year! You can do this!

I’m glad I have until Friday to officially record my weight because this morning was a shocker! If only shock burned calories!!!

• Snooozie
    Options
    lol @ the shock burning calories... laughter does tho...and hot flashes if that's any help haaaaaaaa...

yup im not stressing over the number just recognizing my body seems to be very happy at this weight as its staying exactly the same - so we're gonna have a bit of a battle it and me :) i wonder if i just started yelling out loud "let it goooooooooooo let it gooooooooooo" if it would just give it up and start dropping?? ya... didn't think so lol... not to mention the funny looks i'd get screaming LET GOOOOOOOOOO in public!

Finally got back to pickleball yesterday afternoon; went this morning again but my shoudler started aching a bit so i only played a few games ... but glad to be able to hit the courts again! One of the women today just got back from a cruise on the Princess line.. and they had a pickleball court on board LOL.. . guess they are realizing how popular its getting!

oh and my sister is trying to talk me into going to italy with her in the fall... along with 2 of my cousins from down east. i dont particularly have any desire to visit italy tho to be honest; im thinking i'd rather save my $$ to do a trip i really would like - i've always wanted to visit Sweden and Denmark and Norway and Switzerland - and the last trip we went on together was a disaster for us relationship wise lol... altho she swears she has evolved since then.. i dunno lol... anyway we will talk this week and i'll see what kind of trip she's planning and where exactly...
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    We’re going to Amsterdam, Belgium, and Ireland the end of May with our daughter and son in law. We thought about Italy but my husband and I have been twice. We would love to go back to Norway (without young kids in tow this time) or Scotland or Finland. There’s so many places to see in Europe and so little time and money!!! Life is short; go where YOU want, with WHO you want! I have a young (35 years old...young to me!) friend who is single and she goes on group tours. She loves it. In fact, she’s going to Machu Picchu in May with a group. She doesn’t know any of the other people going but doesn’t let it stop her. I think that’s awesome!

• suzyqholland
    Options
    Found a new site with healthy recipes. Just thought I’d share.

https://www.healthfullcravings.com/

• Snooozie
    Options
    lol @ the 35 young Suzy ... ain't it the truth! and yes i've been checking out some travel groups and there are a few that look promising. ha on the going back to places without kidlets in tow - i can imagine! omg awesome on your trip thats fabulous!! if i lose enough weight to fit in your suitcase can i come too?? LOLOLOLOL ..

gonna go check out your recipe site after the next coffee... i went yesterday and got new passport photos cause i realized a few weeks ago mine expires in a few months (nothing to do with my sisters trip idea) and as you know you're not allowed to smile has to be a neutral expression - well mine looks like a mugshot LOL!! its a terrible picture - not as bad as my DL one where the girl actually offered to take another one because i looked too mean! haaaaaa well its not like its gonna be framed and sitting on a dresser but it is pretty scary looking! ok more caffeine needed.... be back later!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    great site suzy - she had me at "i find salads boring most of the time"! love the black and blue salad and the quesadilla ideas; will bookmark it to check out more later - thansk for sharing it!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    ok.. it wouldnt let me back in to edit the little video lol... but it's a quick little watch - and I thought it was appropriate cause we've all had one of those 3 setbacks and we've all kept getting back up and dusting ourselves off and come back!!! That's resilience! Cause we won't give up on ourselves!! woo hoo
  • Snooozie
    Options
    wow has something changed where you can't go in and edit your post for an hour after anymore?? blech.. i'm not liking this.... anyway if you watch the video, just click on the TOP LINE that says why resilience is the key to weight management - i dunno where those other videos came from .. sorry!!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    I don’t know....MFP app is acting all screwy.

I liked at the end when he said to use it as a learning experience and to be motivated by it. That’s the attitude I’m trying to adopt. I’m not sure I’ve learned enough to keep myself from going off the deep end when thrown out of my routine but I seem to be able to get back on it a lot faster than I used to. That’s progress for me!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I keep getting this permission error if I try to click on inspiring or woo or whatever on a post too. So Susie I think that's exactly why you're doing so well - we're always going to have those moments or days but they don't really matter what matters is the resilience to get right back to continuing to get what you want and you're rocking it
  • Vailara
    Options
    Thanks for the video and for the recipe website.

Odd that MFP is playing up. I'll try to edit this after I post it just to see what happens.

I love Italy, but for such a huge trip, you need it to be somewhere you really want to go, Snooozie! And with people you'll get on with - in fact, I think I'd rather go alone than go with somebody I'm going to fall out with, lol!
  • Vailara
    Options
    No, can't edit it. Strange. I'm going to be scared to post now! What a commitment!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I'm going to post a question in the tech forum asking whats going on with the not being able to edit!!! half of my posts are "work in progress" lol
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow. It’s not gonna be pretty.

• Snooozie
    Options
    It'll be ok suzy.. no matter what it says up or down - it will simply be one more piece of information to collect - and when combined with your other info you've collected along the way - like your MOUNTAIN CLIMBING and hiking!!! well.. its just a wee bit more info for ya nothing more - and you'll soon be well on your way back to your resilience and consistency in getting what you want for yourself !