i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    ^^^. YAY @gjaholy33 :) Thank you for helping us out!!! <3o:)<3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi SLIMSONS!! It's just me, Nancy....👋😉

I'm back for yet another (6th🤔 I think?) round. Last month my goal was to lose 3 pounds and I lost almost 4!! I am now 4.1 lbs from my goal weight. 85.9lbs down total.

I really love the support and consideration the members of our team give one another. Always an understanding and thoughtful post to cheer each other up and on. Inspiring leaders and participants as well.

Looking forward to killing it in FEBR-YOU-ARRRRRYYYY!!!!💪🏻😅💥✨🙌

PS: I go on vacation at last week of this month--- knowing I'll most likely start March with a gain after a week of eating and drinking-- so see you in March as well!👏🤣🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Awesome! Have a wonderful start to your February! 💜
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 I bought an Instant Pot yesterday. You said you had some good recipes? I bought a roast this morning (the first time I've ever bought one). I'm willing to give it a shot.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday, February 1st

Track: No, had to quick add🤦🏻‍♀️
    Calories: Nope❌🚫
    Exercise: No, rest day😅

Comment: Today was a major cheat... Japanese buffet 😋🍱🍣🍤luncheon--- two plates later 🤦🏻‍♀️ I am left to quick add my lunch--take the loss---enjoy the food and hit restart in the morning. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Goal: To enjoy Super Bowl Sunday by eating primarily protein-- fasting tomorrow and Monday.... and getting in my exercise as much as I can. This coming week I am loaded with meetings early morning---am going to try my best to sneak in my exercise when I can--- maybe some evening?? Juggling.

✨🌸👏🌸🤗🌸HAPPY FRIDAY!!!🌸🤗🌸💫💕
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @AB0215 I bought an Instant Pot yesterday. You said you had some good recipes? I bought a roast this morning (the first time I've ever bought one). I'm willing to give it a shot.

YES! I love the instant pot. I make my hard boiled eggs in it. Basically super simple, add 1 cup water, and I put all my eggs on the trivet (metal rack) and put them on high pressure for 6 mins. Once the timer goes off, wait until it shows 6 minutes then release the remaining pressure by opening the valve on the top. Immediately put the eggs in an ice bath for at least 6 mins and then the shells slide off super easy and they are perfectly cooked, not over cooked, sometimes I forget to pull them out at 6 mins and that's when I overcook them, but if you get them at 6 mins after the timer goes off (and it counts up for you) then they're perfect.

The roast recipe I use is:
    https://www.copymethat.com/r/Eg9ZUnb/keto-beef-brisket-in-the-instant-pot/

On that recipe, I tend not to add the onion slices it calls for put instead some onion powder in the mixture instead.
    And it calls for a brisket and I make it with regular roast and it comes out just as good, I've also done the brisket and both are good.

Here's there recipe for the seasoning it calls for:
    https://www.copymethat.com/r/KX6AmRA/keto-bbq-seasoning/

On the seasoning, you can substitute any granulated sweetener and if you don't have some of those spices, I don't think it will matter too much, I happened to have them all and it worked out pretty good.

Really the key points are--make the seasoning, rub it on the meat, saute the meat on the saute function, and it calls for avocado oil, I use olive oil instead, and then fill it with the rest of the ingredients and put the meat back in and set the timer for 60 minutes and let it do it's thing.

And I do recommend reading the instructions for the instant pot, it suggest doing a water test and that basically gives you an idea of what happens when it comes to pressure and makes sure it's working properly before you try to cook with it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

I'll look through my recipes and see what else I have that's super easy and tasty and relatively low carb. Stay tuned.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Thanks!! Where do you get granulated erythritol? I will need to leave out the cayenne pepper...I don't care for hot spices.. but the rest sounds good. I need to make a trip to the store for the others.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Yea! Happy First Day to February!
    Daily Post (Fri - Feb 1)

Track: Yes ✔️
    Calories: Yes Under ✔️
    Exercise: Ten mile hike, yea! 🦵😊

Comments: My hubby and I enjoyed a ten mile hike! Eating healthy and looking forward to hitting my goals. No alcohol for me besides two glasses of wine for Super Bowl and final day (golf) Phoenix Open @ Scottsdale TPC.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: February 1st

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Nope, rest day
  • AB0215
    Options
    Thanks!! Where do you get granulated erythritol? I will need to leave out the cayenne pepper...I don't care for hot spices.. but the rest sounds good. I need to make a trip to the store for the others.

@CindyJNC1963 I don't like spicy and the erythritol really balances out the spice. I've found that one of the brand names for it is Swerve and I can find it in grocery stores near me, but you can also order it on amazon, also if you've got a store that sells Now Foods products, they have a granulated erythritol too. Now I prefer that sweetener, but it's not really a requirement, you can use another one, I would steer clear of Splenda though as that one is high on the glycemic index.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Feb 1

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No. Break for my knees. Found some dvds I’ve had laying around for awhile. Want to give them another try this week. More variety.
  • cleohedlund
    cleohedlund Posts: 19 Member
    Options

so Today is February 1, not sure how this works, is there a challenge, is there something we are supposed to do? Do we wait till Sunday when we weigh in? What is the procedure?
  • cleohedlund
    cleohedlund Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Feb1
    Track: yes
    Calories: 53 over goal
    Exercise: walked 1 mile
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins walking, 60 mins weight training.
  • AB0215
    edited February 2019
    Options
    so Today is February 1, not sure how this works, is there a challenge, is there something we are supposed to do? Do we wait till Sunday when we weigh in? What is the procedure?

@cleohedlund The Challenge officially begins on Sunday Feb 3, but you should begin your weight loss plans now as your first weigh in will be next week on your specific day, which in your case will be Friday Feb 8.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories; under (was over yesterday)
    Water; over
    Exercise; Aquasize 120 min snow shoveling
    Today- snow shoveling treadmill walk and watch carbs
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    My name is Jason - this is my first/fourth round with The Biggest Loser Challenge! Did pretty well a few months back, but you know, life. Ended up leaving - there was too much going on and I needed to cut back tremendously. I regained 20 pounds in the last 3 months, so my goal right now is to get back to where I was - 140lbs.

I reside in St. Louis, MO with my wife and 6 (yes, SIX) beautiful children. One is 17, so I guess he's not really a child anymore. I work a normal job during the day - I got my Property and Casualty/Life Insurance Licenses recently and now work for State Farm. So, I went from a pretty active daily routine to a sedentary job. Then,4 out of 7 days I help my buddy with his commercial cleaning business. Between those things, and all the activities my kids are in - Band, Dance, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball...and the church functions and other school functions, it is hard for me to get a lot of exercise in. I was getting jogging in every other day - and managed to get to where I could run a mile and a half nonstop. Not in this weather!!!!

The biggest thing I have been working on is my food... portion control, etc. I follow the 16:8 Intermittent Fasting system. It isn't a diet, but more meal timing. I find it works for me - it may not work for you or be your cup of tea. I won't ever say its a cure all or the magic bullet, but it helps me.

I have 20 pounds to lose to get me back to where I was. So, here I am, back at it!

welcome back
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hey guys, today is the last day of the January Challenge, let's get ready to crush February!!
  • AB0215
    Options

@CindyJNC1963 I'm dying to find out how it went...
This discussion has been closed.