WORKOUT WARRIORS - February 2019

Options

Replies

• steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    In the interest of getting the sharing ball rolling, this week I’m proud of myself for not having even one of the sodas that were brought into the house. It might have partially been because none of them were my preferred, but I’ll claim the win. 😸 I also battled and beat the pasta monster last night. It’s the first time I can remember that I didn’t have even a little bit more spaghetti. It is one of my binge foods, but last night I finally managed to say no I’m not hungry I just want it because it’s there.

Today is being a little frustrating because it’s my husband’s birthday and I planned for it days ago because he wants to order in and I made him cheesecake (his and my favorite). I planned around what he said he would want to have, no problem I figured out what I could have from the place he picked and fit a slice of cake. Well the weather here isn’t that great, the roads are slick and he’s now reconsidering what he wants to have. I’m trying not to be a little annoyed, but it’s the third time this week that I’ve had to change my day around and hope I don’t go over. He is very supportive of the weight loss, but I’m having trouble getting him to understand that I plan out my day to not go over my calorie goals. I know that I’ll be able to make it work out, I always do, I just wish I had to figure it out less often.

So there we go, some good, and some struggle.

I so understand that struggle. My wife is not following any fitness plan and though I feel she understands (sometimes), she just does not get it. It is easy for her to say let's go out to eat, but she does not understand how hard eating out is when you track your calories, your salt, your sugar, your fat and your protein.

She gets a little frustrated when I say I am not ready to order yet because I am looking up foods on MFP. In any case, I take the added time and look up foods using the MFP database and try to order something that is not going to throw me way over... Your right, it's a battle when both people are not on the same path.

Super at-a-boy on the nsv. Great job staying on track! Try to remember today how good it felt and fight to do it again. One day at a time...

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi guys from a very cold and chili day here on the mountain. I am hunkered down as Marcie does not want me driving into town for my SW appointment or my Nutrition appt. so here I am. So anyway @cinfidentraven wtg on the NSV's and Happy B Day to your spouse.

As the Chef in this home I prep everything for meal consumption here at home and her lunches for the week. I partially use my Bariatric meal plan for her so I am not making anything I don't want her to eat. She may or may not realize it and if she does she goes along with it so I am not derailed. If how ever Marcie want something special she'll ask me to prep it for her for 1 or 2 days of lunches. Being a school teacher she may or may not get her lunch as she should. Kids in at lunch time for make up or catch up work. Discipline issues which she handles in her own room so on and so forth. So most of her meals are easy peasy for her to eat and some are grab and go. She hates sandwiches, tolerates some salads, and despises fried food at work. I have about 50 menu items that I can make for her so it gets changes every week.

Well there you have it. that's how we roll in the Anderson Hacienda. The weekends are for grillin. We grill our protein for the week, which may include fresh Alaskan Deep Water Cod& Halibut, or for her Salmon from the copper river. I have family who owns a Black Angus Cattle Ranch in Montana and Minnesota so our1/2 side of beef is sent to us from them, and once a year we buy a pig and then we have our pork for the year. I can't stand grocery store meat or from a meat market that I don't personally or professionally know. So I use family and my contacts at the canneries in Cordova Alaska and get my protein as fresh as possible. it's much better for you and my Ostomy.

Well the headache is back and my eyes are stinging. Thank god the Surgery Consult is tomorrow. So off to the couch and lay a ice pack over them for hour or so and then I'll be good as new.
    Take care team and HHD
    GREG OUT
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/5 23,022

lots of shoveling!
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    NikMar steps Tuesday: 10,612

@steplaj - thanks for keeping me under scrutiny! Had a decent dinner (my husband - ate all the extra homemade bread that he had made, as he knew I'd eat my body weight in it otherwise! - bless him) and kept away from chocolate.

Today was ok as well! Went to the gym tonight and had a planned meal for when I returned, which has kept me on track!
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Sooo....i don't post much about me because, well, not a lot happens in my life bubble that I feel anyone would be remotely interested in. But I will give the sharing thing a go.

This week has been pretty good I suppose, worked out on Monday (stayed within calorie limit) pottered about yesterday (stayed within calorie limit) and spent 9hrs travelling today (definitely did not stay within my calorie allowance).
    I'm pretty cool with going over on my calories, i have a week of strenuous activity in the mountains so i will need some extra energy.
    I am spending the week with friends and there will be lots of food and drink around.....heck, I might not even log it.

I guess I am fairly chilled about my weight loss.....it is going well and I am happy plodding along with things.

Go Warriors!!!! You got this, team!
  • steplaj
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »
    NikMar steps Tuesday: 10,612

@steplaj - thanks for keeping me under scrutiny! Had a decent dinner (my husband - ate all the extra homemade bread that he had made, as he knew I'd eat my body weight in it otherwise! - bless him) and kept away from chocolate.

Today was ok as well! Went to the gym tonight and had a planned meal for when I returned, which has kept me on track!

Awesome! Now remember, one day at a time - tomorrow, let's keep it to the same thing... Plan your meal, no cheats, stay on track - let me know at the end of your day!

You got this!

• NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    OK, to help the 'ball keep rolling' now that I've caught up on all the posts.....We've been trying different fruits this week and have quite liked having sharon fruit (persimmon) on our morning porridge. We are now trying pomelo - even though you seem to chuck away most of the fruit, there is actually loads left.

Now looking at different ways of enjoying pomegranate, which may go into a crab and avocado salad. Unfortunately, the avocados have gone off, so we'll have to shop for these again!

I did manage to calm my after dinner sweet tooth tonight, by having some homemade plum clafoutis (made with egg and greek yoghurt), which actually is really nice.

Apart from thinking and eating food (hey, that's why I'm on MFP), I have been to my body combat class a couple of times this week - once to keep me from thinking about our recent family bereavement and today, because its something I really enjoy doing and keeps me sane!

It's my turn in a couple of weeks to cook for my girlfriends (previous teacher pals - where we compare the different aspects of teaching in different schools -well, it is actually a chance to gossip and catch up!). This is something I really enjoy doing, as it gives me a chance to cook something new. Rather than going for a particular cuisine, which I normally do, I'm going to go for a 'retro' night instead...I've got as far as prawn cocktail with marie rose sauce and baked Alaska. Just got to decide on a main course - could be coq au vin, beef bourguignon or duck a la orange! Cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks could also be a bit of fun!

What are your favourite childhood food memories?
  • runarml
    Options
    I haven't posted much but I am enjoying reading along!

Getting workouts in is generally not a problem for me - I have 2 gym memberships and I play tennis 3-4 days/week. Plus we have a treadmill at home so I really have no excuses. This week tackling the ice and snow on our driveway has been my main workout!

I try to track food but always seem to cheat in the afternoons. I gave up desserts in January, mainly so I'd make better snack choices, but now it seems peanut butter has taken the place of the sweets I used to crave in the afternoon. I'm trying to be more mindful of it, but days like today when I had a bad night of sleep and am more tired, I overdo it. I'm continuing the no desserts and limited alcohol into February for now. But I have 2 trips coming up later this month so I'm sure there will be more eating and drinking involved then.

Have a good night Warriors!
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/5: 17,607
    @steplaj And this time Steve I am sure of the date. LOL
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    2/6 check in:
    No gluten ☑️
    No diet anything ☑️
    10 glasses of water ☑️. 112 ounces total
    no soda ☑️
    3 workouts 2 of 3 completed. Yoga class then woeght lifting. I left it all at the gym.
    No alcohol ☑️

Work was brutal today, more to do than the had time for. Then I went straight to the gym so I didn't bring the stress home. I will try to check-in earlier tomorrow.

You are ALL awesome!!!

Good night.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Steps Weds 6th Feb - 4,618

Sorry team....stuck in a car for 9hrs travelling so not many steps.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    2/7 check in:
    Goals this week:
    No gluten
    No diet anything
    10 glasses of water
    no soda
    3 workouts 2 of 3 completed. Today is not a gym day, but I will probably take the dog for a good long walk. It's supposed to be in the 70s this afternoon.
    No alcohol

There was major rain last night and the news is full of flash flood reports this morning so I my drive to work could be interesting. I know. The parking lot will be flooded

@Navydaddjtc I hope your head is better today. I have tons of sinus issues due to allergies and hot peppermint tea is my go to "not a drug." If you're allowed to drink it, it might be worth a try. Even just breathing the steam helps too.

I will try to check in right after work. It's not going to be a day with time check in. We are in the process of opening a small community hospital in a nearby town. Just a basic ED, community care, a maternity ward and diagnostic procedures. It will have around 50 beds as currently planned. Most heart attack patients, stroke patients and all major traumas will be stabilized and flown to my hospital or another system hospital nearby. It's needed in the SWVA mountains, but it's a lot of work.

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    GM TEAM
    WELL THE DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED.... SURGERY CONSULT TODAY. I AM A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT TODAY. NOT KNOWING WHAT THE HELL SI GOING ON IN MY HEAD IS A LOT FRIGHTENING FOR ME. I HAVE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS THAN THIS SO I WILL JUST COMPARTMENTALIZE IT AND MOVE FORWARD.

PPS LAST (PRETTY OR PISS POOR SLEEP) LAST NIGHT. M SAID I WAS TWITCHING ALL NIGHT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I FELT LIKE I SLEPT FINE. WELL WHO KNOWS ANYMORE WHAT'S GOIN ON UPSTAIRS. AT LEAST THE DAY IS HERE AND I AM TEN TOES FLAT ON FLOOR AND UPRIGHT. THAT IN ITSELF IS A WIN WIN FOR ME.

WELL WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY THE WEATHER SERVICE THAT WE ARE ABOUT TO GET HIT WITH A SERIES OF SNOW STORMS @500 FEET AND ABOVE STARTING TOMORROW NIGHT. SO I WILL BE MAKING SURE "BIG RED" IS READY (HONDA SNOW BLOWER).w0mc9uet7a84.jpg. THIS WAS FROM OUR FIRST SNOW THIS YEAR.

WELL I WILL TOUCH BASE LATER TODAY AND LET YOU ALL IN ON THE DOC'S REPORT AND WHAT OUR NEXT STEP IS. HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY AND 😊😊😊 TODAY
    LATER
    GREG OUT

• runarml
    Options
    Steps
    2/6 18,383
  • steplaj
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »

It's my turn in a couple of weeks to cook for my girlfriends (previous teacher pals - where we compare the different aspects of teaching in different schools -well, it is actually a chance to gossip and catch up!). This is something I really enjoy doing, as it gives me a chance to cook something new. Rather than going for a particular cuisine, which I normally do, I'm going to go for a 'retro' night instead...I've got as far as prawn cocktail with marie rose sauce and baked Alaska. Just got to decide on a main course - could be coq au vin, beef bourguignon or duck a la orange! Cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks could also be a bit of fun!

What are your favourite childhood food memories?

I may be a guy, but I'm joining you for dinner... WOW!
  • steplaj
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good Morning19b60vrgp01c.jpg

We still need steps for the following...

@NikMar - (Tue Wed)
    @Gutcutter500 - (Wed)
    @rheaj1991 - (Wed)

@myfritzie - (Sun Mon Tue Wed)
    @abowersgirl - (Sun Mon Tue Wed)

Please get your steps in and help your team...

Thanks
    Steve

• steplaj
    Options
    Good Morning Warriors

Yesterday was a good day - mostly. I did have a couple of bad cheats, but it could have been much worst. I am going to try tightening up the reins today and get through without cheating.

@runarml - I love Peanut Butter Toast at night, it's a bad cheat for me... I realize the PB isn't that bad, but the extra bread kills me. It would have been better for me than the Hershey Bar with Nuts I ate last night. The S.O.B. was staring at me just begging me to come along and eat it...

@Navydaddjtc - So glad to see your getting that much needed rest to help you get better... Good luck today, hope all goes well. I saw that commercial last night with the surgeon who hasn't got a clue, think it's a Geico commercial, anyway - couldn't help but think of you... LOL

@melissafeagins - Sounds like a lot of work... Nice job staying on track through it all. Hang in there... You got this!

• Gutcutter500
    Options
    Steps: 2/6: 17,806

• Gutcutter500
    Options
    @navydaddjtc Good luck Greg. With the consult and the snow. We had 78 degree weather yesterday.

@melissafeagins That does sound like a lot of work. I chuckled when you said a "small" community hospital. One of the hospitals I work in is a Critical Access Hospital and we have 25 beds. I would consider that small.

@Nikmar I agree with @steplaj, that menu sounds delicious!

@steplaj You know PB only has 95 cal/tbsp. For me it is also hits the mark for a quick snack. Sometimes I will have an apple or banana with that.

So far this week:

No sodas
    10 glasses H20/day
    I have worked out 4 days
    I have had greens everyday
    Protein with every meal
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @steplaj I know the food struggle all too well. Some days you win, some days are a draw, and some you lose. Could you do celery with the peanut butter, since you mentioned that it’s the bread that kills you? It’s what I’ve done once or twice and oddly I found it more satisfying than toast.

@NikMar I’m going to come to your house and learn to cook ok? 😸 I’m happy when my ground beef meals turn out

@navydaddjtc good luck today, I’ve had friends who have had sinus issues and all of them have felt so much better after the surgery.

@runarml afternoons are my worst time too. I try to find something that keeps me busy so I don’t think about food. I don’t know about you, but mine is more about being bored than actual hunger.

I ended up over eating last night, I lost the fight at the cupcakes, and the fourth change of my husband’s mind over what he wanted to have. By that point I was hungry and just picked junk. It’s okay though one dinner is far from the end of the world and I have a whole year before it comes around again, and I have six months before the next family member has a birthday. I’m back on track today and I do very well when I’m making the food.

Weigh in

Last week 367.2
    This week 365.7
    Loss 1.5 for February so far
This discussion has been closed.