WORKOUT WARRIORS - March 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME WORKOUT WARRIORS!!

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the March Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the March Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Maricela - @mari_moulin (Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @MelissaFeagins and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges provided by: (Team captains, please be ready with each weeks challenge...)
Week 1 – Team TBA
Week 2 - Team TBA
Week 3 - Team TBA
Week 4 - Team TBA

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Step Challenge - This is being discontinued for the month of March.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for MARCH. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Good morning, friends! Thanks for running this thread and all the record keeping the mods do!! <3
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    March goals:
    * No chocolate or gummy bears
    * yoga three times a week
    * continue daily meditation
    * eat more salads!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    778igxikn3tj.png
    GM WARRIORS
    GREG HERE ON OF THE TEAM CAPTAINS, MODERATORS AND MOTIVATORS.
    HERE IS A LITTLE ABOUT ME THE SHORT VERSION
    1) MARRIED TO MARCIE 30+ YRS 2 BOYS DERRICK (DJ0 AND THOMAS (TC) BOTH SERVING IN THE US NAVY. WIFE IS A TEACHER FOR 30+ YRS IN THE BETHEL SCHOOL DISTRICT JUST OUTSIDE OF TACOMA WA
    2) DISABLED COMBAT VET (VIETNAM CLASS OF 74-75) THE FALL OF SAIGON
    SPEC OPS DOG HANDLER FOR THE US NAVY AND US MARINE CORP SPEC OPS TEAMS
    SHADOW X-117
    rvobscipx9gx.png
    3) RETIRED AFTER 20+ YEARS WITH THE BOYS&GIRLS CLUB OF SOUTH PIERCE COUNTY I WAS THE CULINARY ARTS INSTRUCTOR FOR THE "TEEN CHEFS".
    wcet852iq16d.jpg

I AM ALSO A RETIRED SAVORY CHEF OF 15+ YEARS.
    I LOVE COOKING, GARDENING, AND WORKING IN MY WOOD SHOP.

I AM SURE THAT @melissafeagins (CAPTAIN) AND @steplaj(CAPTAIN,MODERATOR AND GROUP OWNER) WILL DROP IN LATER AND INTRODUCE THEMSELVES.
    FOR RIGHT NOW GET ACCUMULATED TO THE TEAM THREAD WITH A LITTLE INTRODUCTION OF YOURSELF.
    LET'S HAVE AND OUTSTANDING GREEN MONTH
    GO WARRIORS
    6rlgh11rdl5n.jpg

• Navydaddjtc
    edited March 2019
    Options
    POSTING OF WEIGH INS

WHEN POSTING YOUR WEIGH INS WE ASK THAT YOU USE THIS FORMAT
    IT STANDS OUT AND ALLOWS US CAPTAIN TO SPOT IT EASIER

USER ID: NAVYDADDJTC
    WEIGH IN DAY: FRIDAY
    Week: 1
    PREVIOUS WEIGHT: 269
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 270

IF YOUR A STEP PARTICIPANT WE ASK THAT YOU POST YOUR STEPS DAILY IT'S MUCH EASIER TO STAY ON TOP OF IT THAT WAY.

USER ID: NAVYDADDJTC
    DAY: SUNDAY 3/3
    # OF STEPS:

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A WARRIORS STEP CHALLENGE AND WE ARE GOING HEAD TO HEAD AGAINST OUR OWN TEAMMATES.
    IF YOUR INTERESTED IN STEPPING AND WANT TO JOIN LET ME KNOW AND WE WILL ADD YOUR TO THE CHALLENGE.
    THANKS GREG

• ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people, and hello everyone! This is my second month with this group and I'm hopeful of another month of good results.

My goals for this month:
    * stay in my calorie goals
    * keep up the 4x a week activity
    * Work to get my steps up (trust me they're very sad)
    * Get into the 340s

• Tualla
    Tualla Posts: 559 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everybody:

Happy to be a part of this group!

My goal this month is to:
    1. Increase my sleep to 7 hours a night.
    2. Stay within 1300 calories a day.
    3. Be on a machine in the gym by 4:30 am.
    4. Eat 30 or below grams of sugar.
    5. Eat a salad every weekday for lunch.
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Steps Fri 28th Feb 10,512
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Happy March!

I’m currently watching it snow and it sure doesn’t feel like March. All the snow we’ve gotten in MN is really starting to bring me down. Hoping for warmer temperatures this month!

I had a good January and first half of February but then it all went downhill the last couple weeks. New month, new goals!

This month I will:
    * have no sugary snacks and very limited desserts on special occasions
    * track all my food
    * meal plan
    * be mindful of how much I’m eating. Quit stuffing myself.

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Team Weight No More's 7 Days of Positive Self Talk

kc5d9nj2kikd.png
    Self Improvement Activity
    Control Your Thinking

Have you ever noticed that your mind has a mind of its own? You and I were created this way on purpose. Our minds take the path of least resistance. So if we have thought it before, it will be the go to thought in the future. The way we change this automatic thinking is to first be very mindful of our thoughts as they are happening. Once we start doing this, we will notice how many negative thoughts we get daily. Write them down to help really become aware of how you are talking to yourself and
    then write a replacement in the form of a positive thought. Next, as you observe your negative self talk happening inside your head, replace it with the positive statement. It takes some time to unlearn those old bad habits but it is so worth the work. It will be some of the most rewarding work you have ever done.

Now go to your team thread and let them know your positive self talk. The more you say it the more you will believe

• maithileesj
    maithileesj Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello, Warriors! Checking in first. Will do a self-introduction soon.

USER ID: maithileesj
    WEIGH IN DAY: Saturday
    PREVIOUS WEIGHT: 138
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 137.4

Minor improvement but in the right direction. I got back to my weight training in earnest in Feb. Have gained a few inches ever since my regimen slipped a couple of months ago. Glad to be back on track. Will undo the damage this month, for sure! The goal is to be under in the 120s by the end of April. Slow and steady...
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Hello, Warriors! Checking in first. Will do a self-introduction soon.

USER ID: maithileesj
    WEIGH IN DAY: Saturday
    PREVIOUS WEIGHT: 138
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 137.4

Minor improvement but in the right direction. I got back to my weight training in earnest in Feb. Have gained a few inches ever since my regimen slipped a couple of months ago. Glad to be back on track. Will undo the damage this month, for sure! The goal is to be under in the 120s by the end of April. Slow and steady...

@maithileesj
    POSTED
    GREAT GOALS
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GM TEAM AND WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS

I WOULD LIKE TO START BUILDING THE STEP TEAM FOR MARCH.
    IF YOUR INTERESTED IN IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE ROSTER.
    SO FAR I HAVE @NAVYDADDJTC, @Gutcutter500 WHO ELSE WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US

I WILL BE POSTING THE MODERATORS CHALLENGE FOR THIS COMING WEEK , SO TO GIVE YOU HEADS UP ABOUT IT. IT'S GOING TO DEAL WITH FOOD. THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY. WITH THOSE 2 CLUES I WOULD LIKE THE WARRIORS TO BE OUT IN FRONT OF THIS CHALLENGE LEADING THE WAY. MORE ON THIS LATER TODAY.

NEXT ON MY AGENDA IS CHALLENGES.... I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE US CAPTAINS TO COME UP WITH FOR OUR CHALLENGES WITHIN THE TEAM. ALSO ON THIS NOTE IF THERE IS A CHALLENGE WE MAY NOT THOUGHT OF YOU CAN (AND I ENCOURAGE THIS) TO BRING IT TO THE TABLE AND WE CAN RUN IT.
    1) DO YOU WANT A WEEKLY (CHANGE IT UP EVERY WEEK) OR BI WEEKLY CHALLENGE ( WE WOULD RUN A CHALLENGE FOR 2 WEEKS)
    DO YOU WANT A DAILY SPRINT CHALLENGE...THIS TYPE OF CHALLENGE WE WOULD RUN FOR A SHORT TIME (2-4 HOURS DURING THE DAY) EVERY SO OFTEN
    2) WHAT TYPE OF CHALLENGES WOULD YOU LIKE...FOOD, W/O'S/ MIND,BODY,SPIRITS ETC ETC ETC
    3) KEEP IN MIND THESE ARE OPTIONAL AND THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT TO PARTAKE IN THEM. HOWEVER I AM OF THE MIND SET THE MORE THE MERRIER AND MORE CHALLENGING TO ME.
    4) I HAVE BEEN KNOW FOR MY TRASH TALK ON OTHER TEAMS. IT IS IN THE SPIRIT OF THE CHALLENGE THAT I DO THIS...WHEN I WAS IN THE NAVY AND WE WERE WORKING OUT AND DOING OUR PT WE WOULD TRASH TALK EACH OTHER TO PUSH EACH OF US TO BETTER OURSELVES AS WARRIORS. TO PUSH OURSELVES BEYOND WHAT WE WERE CAPABLE OF. I WAS THE BEST WAR DOG HANDLER IN MY UNIT.CAUSE I PUSHED MY TO DO JUST THAT BE THE BEST. SO IN THAT SPIRIT I WILL TRASH TALK,,,IN THE SPIRIT OF THE CHALLENGE..NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE....NOT TO HURT FEELINGS OR MAKE ONE SELF CONSCIOUS..BUT TO PUSH YOU TO BE YOUR BEST... THAT'S ALL I WANT FOR ALL OF US

PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF YOUR WEIGH IN DAY. YOU CHOSE THIS DAY SO YOUR ON THE HOOK TO GET YOUR NUMBERS POSTED IN A TIMELY FASHION. YES THINGS AND STUFF GET IN THE WAY SOMETIMES AND I GET IT. SO PLEASE JUST COMMUNICATE WITH ME OR THE OTHER CAPTAINS @melissafeagins @steplaj THAT YOUR JAMMED UPPED AND THAT YOUR WEIGH IN WILL BE POSTED ASAP . THIS WAY WE CAN AVOID A LWI (LATE WEIGH IN) OR A NWI (NON WEIGH IN).

WELL THAT ABOUT DOES IT FOR ME THIS MORNING.
    HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND AND AGAIN WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS
    GREG

• runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I’d like in on the March step challenge! Do we keep posting it here?

Steps 3/1: 16,500
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    ah1i3nf22iuq.png
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    runarml wrote: »
    I’d like in on the March step challenge! Do we keep posting it here?

Steps 3/1: 16,500

@runarml
    POSTED AND YES
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited March 2019
    Options
    GM TEAM TODAY'S WEIGH INS ARE
    @Abowersgirl
    @getfitgal123
    @Mainebeachbum
    @maithileesj
    @RubyRed427
    [/quote]

PAST DUE FOR FRIDAY
    @steplaj

• ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc My 2 cents on your questions:

1) DO YOU WANT A WEEKLY (CHANGE IT UP EVERY WEEK) OR BI WEEKLY CHALLENGE ( WE WOULD RUN A CHALLENGE FOR 2 WEEKS)

Why not both, unless this would be too much work for you guys. I would only ask that they be different for example a food and work out or a work out and mind/spirit. So that those people who don’t have trouble with one category still have something they may be able to participate in. I know that a few of last months challenges were either things I did, or things I was simply incapable of doing.

DO YOU WANT A DAILY SPRINT CHALLENGE...THIS TYPE OF CHALLENGE WE WOULD RUN FOR A SHORT TIME (2-4 HOURS DURING THE DAY) EVERY SO OFTEN

That could be interesting, but it would depend on what they were. Consider making these mind/spirit sort of challenges that can be done in a short time.

2) WHAT TYPE OF CHALLENGES WOULD YOU LIKE...FOOD, W/O'S/ MIND,BODY,SPIRITS ETC ETC ETC

I don’t mind most of them, but may I suggest that some of the fitness ones be more inclusive to those of us still working on adding in a particular activity? For example I really enjoyed seeing the pick one challenge from a week or two ago (not the week one, it was after the food/sesame street one). Being able to say yeah I can add another exercise day and then doing it made me feel really accomplished. But I opted out of do a strength training thing every day for a week because I knew I wouldn’t be able to do that. Had it been add in strength training if you don’t, or add in more reps/higher weight if you do, would have pulled me into the challenge. I’m not saying all of them need to have that, they just tended to be my favorite ones and I think you would get more people to participate.

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc My 2 cents on your questions:

Why not both, unless this would be too much work for you guys. I would only ask that they be different for example a food and work out or a work out and mind/spirit. So that those people who don’t have trouble with one category still have something they may be able to participate in. I know that a few of last months challenges were either things I did, or things I was simply incapable of doing.

That could be interesting, but it would depend on what they were. Consider making these mind/spirit sort of challenges that can be done in a short time.

I don’t mind most of them, but may I suggest that some of the fitness ones be more inclusive to those of us still working on adding in a particular activity? For example I really enjoyed seeing the pick one challenge from a week or two ago (not the week one, it was after the food/sesame street one). Being able to say yeah I can add another exercise day and then doing it made me feel really accomplished. But I opted out of do a strength training thing every day for a week because I knew I wouldn’t be able to do that. Had it been add in strength training if you don’t, or add in more reps/higher weight if you do, would have pulled me into the challenge. I’m not saying all of them need to have that, they just tended to be my favorite ones and I think you would get more people to participate.

@ConfidentRaven
    POINT TAKEN
    THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT IT MAKES SENSE
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited March 2019
    Options
    WEEK 1 MODS CHALLENGE
    BUILD A BETTER BREAKFAST

jrscw37vp5sk.png
    Mornings can be hectic and crazy. But no matter how rushed your morning gets, there’s one habit you absolutely shouldn’t ditch from your morning routine: eating breakfast.

Science shows that regular breakfast eaters tend to be leaner and dieters are more successful at losing weight—and keeping it off—when they eat breakfast.

Another breakfast benefit: research has found that eating a breakfast that contains slower-burning carbohydrates instead of faster-burning breakfast foods helps maintain concentration and attention throughout the morning. So reach for whole-grain carbs that contain fiber like whole-wheat toast and oatmeal over refined carbs like white bread or sugary cereals.

So what should you reach for to keep yourself going all morning long until lunch? Make sure your breakfast includes something from each of the food groups below for a balanced and energizing start to your day.

—Lisa Valente, M.S., R.D.

SO HERE IS HOW THIS GOING TO WORK ... YOU MUST INCORPORATE ONE THE 3 FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS
    WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO TAKE A PRE PREPPING AND POST FINISH PRODUCT PHOTO AND POST IT ON THE MODS CHALLENGE PAGE FOR ALL TO SEE.
    WE ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THE RECIPE THAT YOU USE SO WE CAN BUILD OUR RECIPE CATALOGS

1)Protein....Adding protein to your breakfast helps keep you fuller for longer. Good protein sources at breakfast include Greek yogurt, eggs and cottage cheese.FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/18666/nutrient-focused-diets/high-protein/breakfast/

2) Whole Grains.....Eat whole grains to help you stay sharp and focused throughout the morning. Whole grains are slower-burning carbs, so you don't digest them as quickly. Plus you’ll get some essential vitamins and minerals. Try oatmeal, whole-wheat toast or a whole-wheat English muffin.
    FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250916/breakfast-blueberry-oatmeal-cakes/

3)Fruit or Vegetables.....Getting your produce at breakfast isn't as hard as it seems. Choosing fruit or veggies gives your breakfast more vitamins, minerals and feel-full fiber. Try adding fruits to yogurt, a smoothie or eating them on the side of whatever else you're having. Go for green in a green smoothie or add some vegetables to your eggs.
    FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/251039/peanut-butter-jelly-smoothie/

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHALLENGE AS I HAVE TRIED TO CREATE SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT FOR ALL OF YOU
    ENJOY GREG

This discussion has been closed.