getfitgal123
    Feb week 4
    Weigh-in day - Saturday
    Previous: 154.7
    Current: 154.7
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! February was a good month for me so I hope to keep it up for March. I am 154.7 today and would LOVE to be under 150 by April 1!

I am a lawyer and mommy to a 20 month old, 4 year old, and 13 year old plus an almost 14 year old step-kiddo. I turn 40 in July and would love to have my pre-baby body back by then!

I enjoy hiking, Zumba and kettlebell training for exercise
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Hello warriors,

First off, I have to bow out of the step challenge this month as I will be on vacation for a week and probably not taking the fit bit. I’ll keep trying to beat my steps and I’ll join in again in April.

I’ve been trying to pack for said vacation. A dream vacation we have been planning for 13 years, actually. And I am feeling awfully low about it. Having gained 40 pounds in the last year I had to buy a whole bunch of new clothing just to pack for it. I feel like I don’t deserve this trip. It was always the “when we each hit our goal weight we will do it” and we finally decided to do it anyway. I’m at the highest weight of my life and I’m embarrassed and disappointed in myself, so much so that I partly wish we weren’t going on this vacation.

But then I read the weekly challenge: 7 days of positive self talk. Oh boy do I need this challenge.

This year has been difficult in many ways. My youngest was diagnosed with a chronic illness at 3 years old. My mother in law died after a years-long battle with cancer. There have been the other typical losses, illnesses and stressors we all face.

So for today I will work on forgiving myself for the way I’ve handled that stress.

@megnolia82
    YOU JUST GO AND HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH YOU DESERVE
    NOW GO HAVE FUN SEE YA WHEN YOU GET BACK
    THAT'S AN ORDER
    GREG
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    getfitgal123
    Feb week 4
    Weigh-in day - Saturday
    Previous: 154.7
    Current: 154.7

@getfitgal123
    POSTED
    STEADY SHE GOES
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi all! 👋😊 My name is Nancy... I'm so happy to be joining the Workout Warriors this month!💪🏻😅💦

A little about me...

Started my journey in January 2015 at 240lbs.(I'm 5' 8"). I lost 80 lbs. in 8 months and then reached my goal weight by June of 2016, a total of 90 lbs. after joining the gym and starting group x/spinning classes.

I had regained a bit in 2017-2018 after being sidelined by injury (my back September 2017 and leg in February of 2018). Finally able to get back to the gym after 10 months of recovery last August and lost 25 lbs. by February.

I'm just arriving back from vacation and my weight is most certainly up a bit after a week of eating and drinking all inclusive island foods (and rum drinks 🤪😜😋)--- I'll be posting my starting weight in the morning and weighing in on Fridays from then on.

Goals for March:

🔹 Get back on track with IF this month, IF 4/3 (Sun/Tues/Thurs.) to detox this week

🔹 Drink at least 100 oz. water each day

🔹 Resume my workout schedule

🔹 Lower carbs to 50g or less on cardio days and 100g or less on weight training days

I won't allow the number on the scale to upset me tomorrow--- it's part of the journey and it'll be my challenge to get back down to where I was pre-vacation.

WE GOT THIS MY FRIENDS!🤘🏻😉💫

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited March 2019
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Hello warriors,

First off, I have to bow out of the step challenge this month as I will be on vacation for a week and probably not taking the fit bit. I’ll keep trying to beat my steps and I’ll join in again in April.

I’ve been trying to pack for said vacation. A dream vacation we have been planning for 13 years, actually. And I am feeling awfully low about it......

@megnolia82 Enjoy your vacation! Don't let anything overshadow the joy you deserve from that vacation. You need it! Relax, have fun & eat yummy foods.

I just got back from a week away and I was stressing over gaining weight. I can relate to that feeling of dread-- but one of my MFP friends wrote to me before I left and said --- 'part of life and the weight loss journey is balance-- to learn to live and enjoy your life, while attaining your goals, that means, celebrating and enjoying food. You have time to get back on board and hit restart when you return. But--> for that time, your only job is to enjoy yourself!! So please do!' 🍽🍷🍾👙☀️🌴🌊😎

Hope you have so much fun!😊
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Previous 168
    Current 169.1
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    RubyRed427
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Previous 168
    Current 169.1

@RubyRed427
    POSTED

• Navydaddjtc
    edited March 2019
    Options
    GM WARRIORS AND WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS

I WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME OUR NEW TEAM MEMBERS AND TO YOU RETURNING WARRIORS IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO SEE YOUR SMILING FACES AND READ YOUR POSTS.

I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT THE MODERATORS CHALLENGE HAS BEEN POSTED...IF YOU DID NOT SEE IT ON PAGE 1 OF THIS MONTH'S THREAD PLEASE GO AND CHECK IT OUT. LET'S SHOW THESE OTHER TEAMS JUST WHAT BEING A WARRIORS MEANS

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A FAVOR OF ALL OF US...OUR FRIEND AND GROUP OWNER/MOD/CAPTAIN @steplaj AKA STEVE HAS REPORTED TO US THAT HIS MOTHER IN LAW HAS TAKEN A TURN FOR THE WORSE. PLEASE AS WE GO THROUGH OUR BUSY WEEKS AHEAD TAKE A MOMENT AND WISH HIM AND HIS FAMILY WELL. HE WILL BE AROUND SPORADICALLY AS THIS SITUATION UNFOLDS.... @melissafeagins AND I WILL CONTINUE TO POST YOUR WEIGHTS AND STEP POSTINGS. ALAN...DOC... @Gutcutter500 WILL ALSO BE POSTING STEPS TO SOME OF THE BURDEN OFF OF MELISSA AND MYSELF....THANKS DOC FOR STEPPING UP TO HELP.

LET'S MAKE THIS A GREEN MONTH AND KICK SOME BUTT!!
    GREG

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Starting weight: 164.9

Height: 5'8"
    Goal weight: 150
    Goal loss for March: 6 lbs.

😓😅 It'll be a tough road back, my gain was huge from vacation last week.... but I'm ready to shed this water and fat!💪🏻😉
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 164.9

Height: 5'8"
    Goal weight: 150
    Goal loss for March: 6 lbs.

😓😅 It'll be a tough road back, my gain was huge from vacation last week.... but I'm ready to shed this water and fat!💪🏻😉

@SLIMn2016
    POSTED
    OK LET'S GET TO IT
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Build a better breakfast challenge

d7ce7nwdmthb.jpeg

This is what I have for breakfast most mornings. Oats made with almond milk, blueberries, a little peanut butter, cinnamon and a hard boiled egg.
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/2: 17,810
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited March 2019
    Options
    runarml wrote: »
    Build a better breakfast challenge

d7ce7nwdmthb.jpeg

This is what I have for breakfast most mornings. Oats made with almond milk, blueberries, a little peanut butter, cinnamon and a hard boiled egg.

LOOKS DELISH.... THANKS FOR SHARING
    STEPS POSTED
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    @steplaj - take care, my thoughts are with you at this time....

Hi, not sure if you still need steps for the end of February?

Thursday 28th February: 10,512 steps

Yes, I would like to be included in the March step challenge if this is still taking place?

Friday 1st March: 12,178 steps
    Saturday 2nd March: 15,754 steps

Welcome to all new people - you're in the right place!!!

A little about me....
    I'm 47 years young, married to a lovely man - who is far too good at cooking for his own good! I don't have any children or pets (but can appreciate them from a far), which would be too much like bringing my work home - as I am a secondary school teacher. :D

I keep active by going to body combat classes twice a week (love it!), going swimming once a week and trying to walk as much as I can - making sure I do at least 10,000 steps a day - walking around the house several times if needed! I'm not so good at drinking enough water, as I can't leave my classes to go for a toilet dash!

I have tried various diet methods including weight watchers - which was very successful but I was always hungry, and CICO - I ended up far too obsessed with how many steps I was doing and then eating into the calories gained, rather than staying under the calorie target. I'm now going to look into slimming world, as this seems less about the calories, but more about eating fruit, vegetables and protein.

My continuing resolutions for this year are to:
    * Get below 140lb - by remembering to track what I actually eat (rather than what I think I've eaten) - I'm getting closer to this target!!!!
    * Drink more water
    * Increase my sleep average - 7h 22min (although this is lower during the week)
    * Increase my activity levels - increasing my steps per day is a start towards this

Yesterday was my 70s themed dinner party for my girl friends. Unfortunately, a couple of ladies couldn't make it, but we had a good time nonetheless...

90cm06n9pxyq.jpg - nibbles

ejxkpc7ce9ru.jpg - prawn cocktail

1s7p62jsn8u4.jpg - duck a l'orange

ac22vjxtrvhi.jpg - baked alaska

The breakfast challenge sounds great, although unfortunately, I had eaten my breakfast of - lean bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, vine tomatoes with two unbuttered thinly sliced wholemeal toast - before I saw the challenge and could take a photo!
  • shadow2641
    shadow2641 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Username: Shadow2641
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous: 224.3
    Current: 224
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    shadow2641 wrote: »
    Username: Shadow2641
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous: 224.3
    Current: 224

@shadow2641
    POSTED
    WTG
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    APRIL HAS A SPECIAL MEANING TO ME...NOT ONLY IS IT MY BIRTHDAY MONTH..
    .IT'S ALSO MY PARENT ANNIVERSARY MONTH WHEN DAD WAS STILL ALIVE....
    IT'S ALSO THE MONTH THAT I WATCH MY DOG TEAMS TAKE THE WORST BEATING OF OUR LIVES WE LITERALLY GOT OUR A$$ES HANDED TO US DURING THE FALL OF SAIGON.....
    WE LOST 4 DOGS AND HANDLERS DURING A 24 HOUR PERIOD
    IT'S ALSO THE MONTH (APRIL 1979) I COMMITTED MYSELF FOR DRUG AND ALCOHOL REHAB AT THE VA HOSPITAL AT AMERICAN LAKE A STINT OF 18 MOS AT THE HOSPITAL
    CLEAN AND SOBER EVER SINCE.!!
    SO IN HONOR OF ALL OF THAT I AM DEDICATING THIS MONTH AND THE MONTH OF APRIL TO ALL OF VIETNAM BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND WILL DO THIS COMBAT WALK RUN SWIM IN THEIR HONOR

WELCOME HOME BROTHERS AND SISTERS
    MAY YOU HAVE CALM WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS
    GREG ANDERSON AND SHADOW X-117 MWD
    CLASS OF 74-75 "FALL OF SAIGON SVN" 24 HOURS IN HELL

WEEK MON TUES WED THUR FRI SAT SUN MILES PER WEEK
    3-Mar REST 5 MILES 6 MILES 5 MILES REST 5 MILES 6 MILES 27 MILES

10-Mar REST 5MILES 6 MILES 5MILES REST 5MILES 6 MILES 27 MILES

17-Mar REST 4MILES 5MILES 4MILES REST 4MILES 5MILES 22MILES

24-Mar REST 4MILES 5MILES 4MILES REST 4MILES 5MILES 22MILES

31-Mar REST 3 MILES 5MILES 3 MILES REST 3 MILES 5MILES 19MILES

7-Apr REST 3 MILES 4MILES 3 MILES REST 3 MILES 4MILES 17 MILES

14-Apr REST 4MILES 4MILES 4MILES REST 4MILES 4MILES 20 MILES

21-Apr REST 4MILES 3 MILES 4MILES REST 4MILES 3 MILES 18 MILES

28-Apr REST 5MILES 3 MILES 5MILES REST 5MILES 3 MILES 21MILES
    171 TOTAL MILES
    THIS IS FOR YOU BUZZARD...SKI...TANK ....WE HAD EACH OTHERS 6 AT ALL TIMES I AM ALIVE TODAY BECAUSE OF YOU 3 AND YOUR DOGS RIP MY BROTHERS
    GREG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjzjhl-QztE
This discussion has been closed.