LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice loss, we never know when the big drops will come :) I also take vitamin D3 and I rarely get sick anymore, I also believe that fasting helps with that too :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't love a good unexpected whoosh! Nice! Your poor household is really getting the short end of the stick... I hope everything settles down for ya (including your tummy!) lol
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Whooshed right back on today b/c back up to 169 as of this morning. Lol
    I think it's all the salt I drink down during my broth days. Dont know what else it would be. Lots of salt from the bouillon and not enough water.
    Drinking enough water has always been a problem. Just most days... I'm just not that thirsty and I don't force it. Guess I'll need to next time b/c I'm not giving up my bouillon!

Not going to be a bone broth day today. Don't have enough for it and couldn't start another batch until this morning. Oh well. That's ok.
    We're supposed to be going over to MiL's today for Easter. Not sure if they're cooking anything special for it. Please let my willpower hold strong b/c her house is junk food haven and junk food has been calling to me for a while now.

Didn't help putting all of the kids' easter eggs together. Thankfully I don't like jelly beans and a few of the other candies I bought for them, but the chocolate..... I wants it!

Also feeling better today. Coughing again, but at least I don't feel nauseated. Daughter hasn't come down with it either, but... there's still time :\

I haven't had a proper poop in like... 4 days either lol. Chia seed pudding is delicious, but my body is just not used to that much fiber I think lol. I got SUPER bloated and uncomfortable feeling last night really low down. Still feeling that if I press on my stomach, but overall I feel ok.

Sigh... this last week went by too darn quick. Had hoped I'd be able to sleep in like I wanted, but nope.... I think I got to sleep in all of 30 extra minutes one day :cry:
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    WOW you have had a rough week....Hoping this week is better for you and your family sending hugs <3
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Today’s Date: 4/21/2019 (Sunday)
    Today's Plan: IF
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: N/A
    Description/Photo of Meals: leftover pork baby back ribs, 2 boneless skinless marinated chicken thighs, 3 slices of ham, little less than half a cup of green beans, 2 starbursts, 2 jelly beans, mini butterfinger
    Total calories:1000-1100

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Didn't plan on cheating at all, but sitting in a house with freshly baking bread, homemade ice cream and peach cobbler..... I needed something lol. I raided one of my kids ester baskets and picked out a few items and kept it at just that.
    Gosh that other stuff was so tempting though. Fresh baked bread? UUUUUUUGH GIMME!! lol
    But I held it together.
    Even with those few items that I did eat, it came up to like almost 20 carbs! Which shouldn't be surprising since it is candy, but still.. damn!
    And UP 2 lbs this morning too, but more on that in a minute.

I don't know if it was the sugar or not drinking enough, but I ended up with a horrible migraine last night and all throughout the night even after taking tylenol and ibuprofen.
    Didn't help that my 2yo woke in the night and wouldnt stop crying so I made the bad decision to bring him to bed with us. Suddenly he forgot how to sleep and tossed and turned for about an hour before finally settling.... and then waking up and tossing and turning all throughout the rest of the night.
    I'm sorry little buddy, but your cute little butt is just going to have to cry in your room b/c that crap isn't happening again!

TMI incoming...

I still have some of the headache this morning. AND like I said I was up 2lbs, but it's slowly coming back off with lots and lots of painful gut cramps.
    As I mentioned before, I haven't had a proper BM in a while now and it kicked me right in my gut this morning. Doubled over in pain bad. So bad that I knew I needed to go but didn't want to strain b/c it hurt too much putting any kind of pressure in my lower abdomen.
    I did manage something though but I'm still cramping up. Not as bad thankfully, but still... OW!!.
    I have a feeling this is why my weight is kind of all over the place too. Maybe....

Anywho.... maintenance this week b/c screw it. Why not! Also maybe OMAD some days, maybe IF or maybe just a normal day of eating. We'll see how I feel day to day.

Oh BUT in good news.... Friday movie may still be on. MiL thought we wanted her to come over here to watch the boys and that coouldn't happen bc they have somewhere they need to be, but when we explained that we were going to drop them off, she said that was fine b/c they could just take the boys with them. So... as of right now... movie is still a go! WOO! :)

Now to go drink some coffee with some powerlax mixed in and hope it helps to get the rest of this literal crap out of me! HA! ;) lol
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    One super fantastic NSV right there with fitting into a smaller jean size! Your positive attitude will surely have you being beach ready by August!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Hope you are doing better today! And yay on the NSV !!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Feeling better today thankfully. I'm actually sore from the cramps yesterday. I've never had that happen before and hope it doesn't happen again.
    Drinking a strong cup of coffee with more POWDERlax in it b/c I'm a glutton for punishment and had more chia seed pudding last night lol
    Making sure things move along this time!

Still feeling more tired than normal. Sleep wasn't that great, but it wasn't horrible either. Guess I just need a few more decent sleep nights to feel better.

My dairy free adventures are a total fail too.

Me.... pfft.. giving up dairy will be easy!
    Also me.... /puts all the dairy in her coffee!!

/facepalm

Once I'm back OMADing and giving up coffee again, it won't be hard THEN since I'm not drinking coffee and getting wired at night /nodnod

Maintenance week is off to a good start. Had about 1800-1900 calories yesterday. Weight was a little down this morning too so yay :) Really hoping this week will help kick start the weight loss again. Really need to get my butt back in to it again.
    Still planning on doing a week of bone broth. New batch yesterday looked nice and dark and delicious. Actually really looking forward to doing it too b/c I'm SUPER curious to see what happens and I want to push myself in to doing it. The mental game is going to be tough by day 3, but... I'm gonna do it!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Today’s Date: 4/22/2019 (Monday)
    Today's Plan: maintenance IF
    Description/Photo of Meals: Sam's rotisserie chicken (thighs, wings), coffee (monk fruit, half & half, heavy cream, powderlax), chocolate chia seed pudding w/ 4tbs of whipped cream, thick cut pork chop
    Total calories: 1800-1900
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Im so glad you'll be getting to go to see Avengers on Friday :) I will be doing two mini fast days to get ready for all the popcorn I will be eating :p
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Im so glad you'll be getting to go to see Avengers on Friday :) I will be doing two mini fast days to get ready for all the popcorn I will be eating :p

Yeeeees. I'm SO looking forward to some popcorn! I want it swimming in that fake theater butter! SWIMMING! rofl
    We're planning on sneaking in some candy bars too. Muahahaha. Just have to remember not to drink too much though. 3 hour long movie that I'm sure you dont want to miss a minute of.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    POPCORNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN - I AGREE! So much butter it's literally gross, and a good chunk of salt! Although I have to remind myself that if I salt it how I want it up front, I'll be salted out by halfway through, so MODERATION STEPH! LOL
  • NedlySunshine
    NedlySunshine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well! I'm glad you get to go to the movie and eat all the popcorn.

A week of just broth sounds so hard! I'm excited hear how it goes!!

Have a happy Tuesday!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    OMG butter popcorn the greasy good stuff *drooling* <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'm a movie theater nachos and cheese kind of gal but will also get in on the hubby's popcorn as well. We can't get to the movies until Tuesday. Are nachos acceptable for a mini fast? 🤔
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    I'm a movie theater nachos and cheese kind of gal but will also get in on the hubby's popcorn as well. We can't get to the movies until Tuesday. Are nachos acceptable for a mini fast? 🤔

Hmm..... maybe only eat half? I dunno but I'm sure you'll figure it out :)

Today’s Date: 4/23/2019
    Today's Plan: maintenance
    Today’s Weight: 169.2
    Description/Photo of Meals: 2 coffees (heavy cream, monk fruit, powderlax), coffee chia seed pudding w/ 4tbs of whipped cream, slow cooker pepper steak roast (diced tomato, soy sauce, onion, green bell pepper, chuck roast), 3 marinated chicken thighs
    Total calories: 1500-1600

Your thoughts/comments on the day: No fasting at all today. I'm enjoying the heck out of my morning coffee while I can still have it this week :)

Slow cooker roast is always so good. 1 can of diced tomato, soy sauce (maybe about 1/2c or more worth), lots of black pepper, garlic, 1 sliced onion, 2 sliced green bell pepper, little bit of beef bouillon, and a good size chuck roast. Yum yum yum. Would be really good with mushrooms too but hubs doesn't like them. Excellent on rice if you still eat it... or with some mashed potatoes. Sigh....... I miss potatoes lol.
    Heck... I miss rice too. Something as simple as some kimchi and rice. Uhm... yes please. Or rice with some fried spam. Heck yeah! That's my childhood right there and I still love it!

In not so fortunate news though. 2yo came down with a bad stomach bug today. He was totally fine this morning. Ate his cereal and about an hour later... so much throw up. Poor little dude couldn't keep anything down. He was either whining and throwing up, or sleeping. I dunno where he got this one from. This one went by quick too thankfully b/c once he woke up at around 6... he was acting normal and ate some without upchucking.
    There must be a bottle he drank from that I missed that was contaminated from the last time they were sick. /shrugs
    Now the wait to see if the other 2 or even myself get sick b/c baby boy did breath all over my face when I picked him up lol.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, slow roast and everything else you had sounds amazing! I, too, love my coffee! I don’t enjoy as much plain old black, but I add spices so that helps. Here’s hoping your stomach bug goes away quickly!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    YUCK ---sick kiddos are the worst....hoping everyone gets healthy soon.....

Oh man --roast yummy yummy...….I add a cup of black coffee to mine when I put it in the slow cooker along with spices and it gives it such a rich flavor...….

• LiLee2018
    Options
    x23o1v2bhyjo.jpg

Just leaving that there to prove (to myself) my weight has been going down this week b/c I totally expect it to be up about 8 or so pounds after Friday! ROFL

I dunno WHY it's going down but hell... whatever. Keep it up body!

This week has been nice though. Oh I'm going back to OMAD in a couple of weeks, but it's been nice not worrying about how long I've fasted, when I can eat, etc.
    Also looking forward to fasting again though. Gotta get me all those fasting benefits! :smiley:

My body though. Sigh... as soon as it does lose weight my body cackles maniacally and throws me a curve ball that makes me stall out or gain some weight back. Well played body. I'm already humble, but I guess it wants to make sure ;) lol

Was feeling good until my " no chill momma" had to make an appearance. Kids man....... raising stress levels since the beginning of man
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    LMFAO isn't that the truth! :D:D:D

Sometimes our body appreciates eating enough to function but still having a deficit so will kick off some weight :)