LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Way to go that is so super awesome!!!!! So proud of you!!!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Today’s Date: 4/24/2019
    Today's Plan: maintenance
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: 168
    Description/Photo of Meals: 2 coffees (heavy cream, monk fruit, unsweetened almond milk), pan fried ribeye for lunch and dinner w/ hot sauce and garlic parm wing sauce, cinnamon chia seed pudding with whipped cream, 3 fried in butter eggs
    Total calories: 1700-1800

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Some days it's super easy to get a lot of calories in (looking at you ribs!) and some days... not so much. Had NO idea what to do for lunch so figured... steak? Yeah ok.
    I don't really like eating steak for lunch. I mean.. it's delicious, but I dunno... I just want something other than that.
    Didn't plan this week out too well did I? lol

Kids are still sick. Not a stomach bug, BUT now they're coughing which means there's still gonna be throw up involved b/c apparently everything= to throwing up with little kids.

I feel pretty good though. Actually want to do... something instead of just sitting around and relaxing. If I remember, think I'll work in the front yard tomorrow a little. I say that now but lets see what happens tomorrow :P lol

Actually had trouble getting to sleep last night b/c my mind was going a mile a minute with ideas I wanted to do. Woke up without remembering a single damn one of them too! lol
    I'll have to keep a notepad and pen by the bed for those moments :wink:
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LMFAO isn't that how it always goes?! LOL I have that happen on the REGULAR!!! LOL

Sounds like you've got some good eats! I love steak, no matter the time of day! I'd never be able to afford it as often as i feel like you have it though! LOL
  • LiLee2018
    LMFAO isn't that how it always goes?! LOL I have that happen on the REGULAR!!! LOL

Sounds like you've got some good eats! I love steak, no matter the time of day! I'd never be able to afford it as often as i feel like you have it though! LOL

We buy rib roasts when they're on sale and then cut them up in to steaks at home :) It's a little expensive up front (6.99 per pound so about $50 per roast), but we usually get about 6 or 7 really big thick steaks out of one roast. I can sometimes finish one off in a single meal, but I usually have leftovers :)
    Since it was just Easter, they had them on sale again, so of course we jumped at the opportunity to grab another. It was bone in though so paying for that bone weight. Boo.

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Congrats on your loss!!! :+1: I wish my body will give that results but when it comes to eating more than 1200 cals, my body will put on the weight and show you the results on the scale :( May be that's what you should do to drop those pounds! I know that every body is different. So sorry to hear that your kids are still sick! Sending over quick healing vibes :)
  • volgirl1322
    Congrats on your loss......sorry the kiddos are sick :(
    Yeah I can eat steak anytime ---yum yum
  • LiLee2018
    Yall........ I have no damn clue why this is working all of a sudden, but I aint mad at it!

Right before taking daughter to school this morning
    inbt5xz4ynb4.jpg

After my... ahem.... after the coffee did its thing bathroom trip....
    2wm54ejcdbz8.jpg

What? WHY?
    I...... don't get it. Oh don't get me wrong. I am flipping THRILLED that this is happening, but I would really love to know WHY it is so I can repeat it! lol

I've had one day this week where my calories were between 1500-1600. The rest of the time it has been between 1700-2000. I totally was expecting my weight to still be stalled out this entire week so.... just.. why? My diet hasn't changed except for including coffee in the morning again. But I was drinking coffee before OMAD too and never had this happen.

No damn clue, but I think I'm going to try to make a schedule out of this. Have like 2-3 weeks in a deficit. IN that time, have really low calorie days, then have a maintenance week. MAYBE even a cheat day too.

Makes me wonder if my sudden restlessness at night is linked to this weight loss?

Oh and to clear something up. I didn't have 2 steaks yesterday. It was one big almost 14oz steak. I ate half for lunch and had the other half for dinner w/ eggs :) We aint bougie enough to have full size huge steaks for every meal ;) rofl

YAY though! Official weigh in is tomorrow and I would really love to finally change my weight on MFP! I haven't been able to in weeks!
  • volgirl1322
    WOW jump for joy!!! So happy for you. Sometimes our bodies confuse us for no reason at all but you must be doing something right!! *proud of you* <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Wow, Lisa that is wonderful. I watched one of Dr. Berg's video and in it he said that our bodies may be doing some internal healing when we don't see weight changes and once the body is done, it drops weight. He told of a client of his who was discouraged because she had not lost weight in several months but then all of a sudden the weight just started coming off. I would say you are well on your way to reaching your goal. No looking back now.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    Wow, Lisa that is wonderful. I watched one of Dr. Berg's video and in it he said that our bodies may be doing some internal healing when we don't see weight changes and once the body is done, it drops weight. He told of a client of his who was discouraged because she had not lost weight in several months but then all of a sudden the weight just started coming off. I would say you are well on your way to reaching your goal. No looking back now.

I'mma pretend this is what's happening every time I don't lose ;)
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Nice loss! I'd like to think that this will happen to me soon. I am struggling this week.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Yall........ I have no damn clue why this is working all of a sudden, but I aint mad at it!

Right before taking daughter to school this morning
    inbt5xz4ynb4.jpg

After my... ahem.... after the coffee did its thing bathroom trip....
    2wm54ejcdbz8.jpg

What? WHY?
    I...... don't get it. Oh don't get me wrong. I am flipping THRILLED that this is happening, but I would really love to know WHY it is so I can repeat it! lol

I've had one day this week where my calories were between 1500-1600. The rest of the time it has been between 1700-2000. I totally was expecting my weight to still be stalled out this entire week so.... just.. why? My diet hasn't changed except for including coffee in the morning again. But I was drinking coffee before OMAD too and never had this happen.

No damn clue, but I think I'm going to try to make a schedule out of this. Have like 2-3 weeks in a deficit. IN that time, have really low calorie days, then have a maintenance week. MAYBE even a cheat day too.

Makes me wonder if my sudden restlessness at night is linked to this weight loss?

Oh and to clear something up. I didn't have 2 steaks yesterday. It was one big almost 14oz steak. I ate half for lunch and had the other half for dinner w/ eggs :) We aint bougie enough to have full size huge steaks for every meal ;) rofl

YAY though! Official weigh in is tomorrow and I would really love to finally change my weight on MFP! I haven't been able to in weeks!

Listen, the $50 on meat PERIOD would make me gag LOL - I'm cheap as sh** though :D:D:D
  • LiLee2018
    Lol. It would've done the same for us too before, but we're still spending the same amount on groceries even buying that every once in a while so it all works out in the end :)

Today’s Date: 4/25/2019
    Today's Plan: maintenance
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: 165.4
    Description/Photo of Meals: 2 coffees (unsweetened vanilla almond milk, monk fruit), half a ribeye for lunch w/ horseradish sauce, half for dinner w/ spicy garlic sauce, cinnamon chia pudding w/ whipped cream
    Total calories: 1500-1600

Your thoughts/comments on the day: I swear... any other day where I'm purposely trying to be in a deficit... I'd be struggling with hunger and not going over too much.
    Now that I'm trying to eat maintenance?? Eh not so hungry. The hell! lol
    I was going to have some sausages for lunch and dinner, but really didn't want indigestion. Just something in those processed meats (like bacon) does not settle well. I love them, but I can wait to have some on another maintenance week. Actually plan for it next time so I'm not wondering what the hell to eat and pulling out steaks I'd rather just eat for dinner instead of all day. I sound really bougie damnit! Complaining about steak for lunch. SIGH

Anywho..... I can't wait for tomorrow! Come to me junk food. COME TO ME!
  • LiLee2018
    165.8 this morning. Up a tiny bit but that's ok b/c that's still down from what it was at the beginning of the week. WOOT!!!
    I almost hesitate to cheat....... almost. :P
  • mistymeadows2005
    NOM NOM NOM, me tooooooooooooo JUNK FOOD! PICK ME! LOL
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Sweet, sweet, sweet results and especially since you gave yourself a break. I agree it's probably what your body needed. Great job!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2019
    2 pounds down this week, way to go!!!

I hope you are enjoying your movie and splurge day o:) I'm not going until tomorrow because hubby had to work today so another day of waiting for me :(
  • LiLee2018
    Alrighty yall.

172.8 this morning. That's UP 7.4lbs. Rofl. I expected it though b/c that's been my body's trend after cheat days. It just loooooooooves holding on to all the water and lordy I drank a TON yesterday. I got so thirsty.
    It's funny b/c before bed, DH and I both could see how bloated we were. (he's up 7lbs this morning too).

Yesterday was nice and a bit disappointing too though.
    The krispy kreme donuts were delicious! So was the movie popcorn. Movie was excellent too. Wish we could see it again but well... not gonna happen in theaters lol.
    We also had chicken biscuits from Bojangles (fried chicken place), chicken from Bojangles along with dirty rice and mac & cheese & fries, mcdonald's hamburger, pizza, candy bars, fritos, an ice cream sandwich aaand I think that may be it. It was a very food filled day lol.
    The only real disappointment was the candy bars. I had a snickers and a twix. The snickers was good, but the twix... meh. Also.... I really couldn't eat as much as I was wanting. I really tried stuffing my face, but the bloating wasn't cooperating. That's probably a good thing but I wanted more chicken and donuts :P lol

No poops yesterday. Coffee had been helping and I didn't have my morning cup b/c I didn't want coffee poops to come during the movie lol. Having a cup now though and will throughout the day today.

Today will be a normal maintenance eating day and then tomorrow starts my broth week :) Really looking forward to it! Not just for the results, but to really push myself mentally too.
    Not sure how long the broth I have will last me, but I have enough chicken feet to make 2 more batches so I should be all set to go for the week.

Now though... just going to enjoy my coffee and day and hope my body flushes out the bloat ASAP ;)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Firstly, congrats on getting down to 165👍 As for the 7.4 gain, its mostly water weight. I am sure you will see your real weight once the water weight is gone😉 Also, I know that once I poo, the weight will go down too. Good luck with the flush👍
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I can gain that plus more in one day too but its just water and food weight and will be gone soon :) Now I'm really excited to see the movie, only 3 more hours :)