LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Your meals sound amazing....and yep OMAD is so easy to get back too.

Hope you have a great week! <3
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Your meals always sound delicious. I'm glad you're back in the groove.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    And now my daughter is sick. Had to go pick her up from school b/c she had a fever. She had complained about her throat hurting this morning but I was hoping it wasn't anything serious. Guess I was wrong!
    Took her right to the doc and nothing was positive on any tests, but she's still getting meds b/c it's the state of something.

Hopefully the other 2 don't end up getting it.

Also... calorie deficit for today is shot to hell! OMAD wasn't very difficult, but now that I've broken my fast and have eaten.. I want to eat EVERYTHING. Dang period! At least that's what I'm gonna blame it on! ;) lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Pimento cheese and jalepenos are two of my fave things so i can imagine together they are GLORIOUS!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 5/6/2019
    Today's Plan: OMAD
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: N/A
    Description/Photo of Meals: leftover pork w/ pimento jalapeno cheese & chipotle hot sauce, 4 marinated chicken thighs, unsweet chocolate almond milk w/ tbs monk fruit and little bit of cocoa powder
    Total calories: 2200-2300

Your thoughts/comments on the day: I had to stop myself before I ate more... b/c I still want more... and more... and more.
    Daughter is feeling better thankfully, but school policy is to keep them home for 24hrs if they have a fever.. and doc is saying to keep her out until Wednesday.
    So hey.. at least I can try to sleep in tomorrow. FX the little one sleeps in.

Hunger was a little up earlier, but not too bad. Helped that I was distracted by GoT and then my daughter. Helps having distractions lol
  • volgirl1322
    Sorry your daughter is sick.....And TOM is the worst...

OMG *drool* I love pimento cheese and jalepenos…...it is awesome on top of a nice hot burger...….. <3
  • LiLee2018
    Yeees. I am obsessed with pimento cheese now. I had never had it before and didn't really know what to expect with it. Hubby never had it either and he was really loving it too.
    There's maybe 2tbs of it left b/c we finished off the entire container in 2 days lol.
    Making burger patties tonight so maybe I'll use the rest of it on one :)

Daughter is feeling better today. Actually she was feeling better yesterday. Glad for that at least. Caught whatever this is early.
    Kids did wake up early, but thankfully they were happy playing on their tablets and letting me sleep in a little longer.

This AF overall hasn't been too bad, but it has been making me SO tired. I've actually been sleeping fairly well too, just exhausted and worn out.

Can I just say how much I hate having a regular AF now? Before getting pregnant with my first, it was super irregular which was even worse so I'd rather regular than irregular spotting that could last for months. So I am thankful that my body has finally figured out how to work properly.
    BUT now that it's regular.... it means that I'm probably going to have AF on our beach vacation /CRY Hell... I may even have it on our amusement park day next month too. Damnit... didn't even think about that! Son of a biscuit! While I was still opened up after having my 3rd, I should've just told them to take the whole uterus out! Don't plan on using it again so no point in having anymore periods.. ever! lol
  • volgirl1322
    OMG get that burger hot and put that lovely pimento cheese on top ---OMG it is amazing....

Enjoy!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    I’m going to have to get this pimento/jalapeño cheese you keep writing about. I do have some jalapeños ready to be harvested, so if I can’t find your version here, I’ll just add them to the regular pimento. :)

Hope your daughter gets well soon.
  • LiLee2018
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    I’m going to have to get this pimento/jalapeño cheese you keep writing about. I do have some jalapeños ready to be harvested, so if I can’t find your version here, I’ll just add them to the regular pimento. :)

Oh I miss having a garden. We're wanting to redo our backyard and that includes me having a little garden area.
    Love growing jalapenos b/c the plants always produce so much :)
    The brand I get is Palmetto Cheese. Looks like it's sold all over the US so you should hopefully be able to find it :)
    Looks like their website lists all the stores that sell it.
    http://www.pawleysfoods.com/ourbrands-palmettocheese.php

Having some weird dizziness. I'm not stumbling or anything when I get up, it's just a weird dizzy type of feeling just sitting around not doing anything. Nothing is spinning or anything like that.
    Not sure what's going on with this and why it's continuing. Going to break fast just a little early (30mins early) to see if it helps.

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMG now I'mma hafta hunt down some pimento cheese - and jalapenos NOM NOM NOM
  • wsandy8512
    I’ve seen that brand, I sure hope they have it in our stores. I’m sure they do, thanks for the link. :)

You may be low on electrolytes. Make sure you’re getting enough salt, at least 1TBSP and magnesium, possibly phosphorus as well, and making sure you’re getting plenty of water. . Hope you get feeling up to par soon.
  • LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 5/7/2019
    Today’s Weight: N/A
    Description/Photo of Meals: 3.5 scrambled eggs in butter, little bit of chocolate chia seed pudding w/ chocolate whipped cream, bite of guacamole, Texas Roadhouse 10oz ribeye w/ side house salad w/ ranch & side caesar salad.. both no croutons, coffee w/ monk fruit
    Total calories: 1600-1700

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Inlaws wanted to go out to dinner since this is SiL's last night here so we went with. It was good, but not worth that kind of money.
    I'd much rather spend that $$ buying my own much larger steak and fixing it at home /nodnod

Didn't help with the dizziness.

sandy- I'll definitely add some salt tomorrow while I'm fasting and some tonight too before bed. I know I didn't drink enough today either. I drank a LOT of water the night before and I think it just held me over today.
  • volgirl1322
    Yeah I agree on the home steaks versus the ones you get out somewhere unless it is a super fancy place....

I would def try more salt and keep the water flowing --hopefully the dizziness will go away soon.

I love love that brand of pimento cheese....I am planning on getting some this weekend <3<3
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    @LiLee2018 if you’re not having any salt, you need at least a teaspoon a day. Dizziness, dehydration, dry mouth, typically mean you need more sodium. I’ve never reached the dizziness stage. I don’t even take a teaspoon a day. For instance, my BK meal had too much sodium, lol, so I’m just going with it. Lol.
  • LiLee2018
    Oh I eat salt. I love salty. That's why I never think anything could be lack of electrolyte related since I salt my food. I salted my broth when I was just doing that etc. /shrugs
    Sucking on some pink salt right now though. Just need to remember to increase my water too.

Sleep was back to being horrible though bc my daughter first came in as she usually does... start dozing back off and here comes the 2nd. We have a king size bed, but it gets crowded very quick with that many bodies in it. Plus my boy didn't want to lay back down until he told me he had a nightmare about a dozen times and until I acknowledged that he had had one. THEN my daughter kept squirming and moving which kept me awake too for another hour.
    Good times lol
    Feeling ok today though. Will be breaking fast a little earlier than I should since dinner was later than it usually is yesterday. Should still be getting a 20hr fast in so not a huge deal.
  • wsandy8512
    That’s good. Maybe it could be magnesium and phosphates then though. I just read something the other day that many people with insulin resistance—most of here are, I gather, one need not be a diabetic to be insulin resistant—are low on magnesium. I bought magnesium lotion since the pills work funny on my bowls, lol, and now and then I do an epsom salt foot soak.

Sorry you had a bad night’s sleep, hope it’s better for you tonight :)
  • LiLee2018
    I take a magnesium pill every night with the rest of my vitamins and meds. I did just start back with potassium though. I stopped taking it for a while for some reason. /shrugs

OMAD today so far has been ok. Mentally wanting to eat but no hunger physically yet. Think I just need to distract myself more. Do have a scarf I need to finish for my daughter's teacher. School will be over soon. Need to stop procrastinating and get it done!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Keep in mind that the more water you drink, the more electrolytes you need. The water washes them away. There was a Dr. Berg video about water... he is of the opinion that you don't need a lot of it.
  • LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 5/8/2019
    Description/Photo of Meals: 2 large 80/20 hamburger patties w/ garlic parm sauce, 2tbs of pimento jalapeno cheese, chocolate chia pudding w/ whipped cream, coffee w/ all the crap I put in it, couple bites of italian sausage
    Total calories: 1600-1800

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Getting a big headache so making this quick.
    I've been sucking on pink salt chunks all day. Hasn't helped with anything.
    OMAD was ok today though. I did want to eat, but physically I wasn't hungry for most of the day. Did get some hunger around noon like usual, but it went away pretty fast.
    So glad OMADing wasn't difficult to get back in to.