TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Options

Replies

• BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Total 2211, Net 1623, Goal 2318. Under by 106.
    Exercise: Yes, Chest and Biceps
    Steps: 17,114
    Water: 104.8 oz
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: No
    Calories: No
    Exercise: No
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Getting back on track. 40 minutes of strength training.
  • nbatch456
    nbatch456 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Mon, 4/15
    Calories: Over by 66
    Goals/Day/Comments: Stuck at my desk 😩. Fasting today....Willpower To All!!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in : 4/15

Calories: Under

No energy, really tired last few days. Need to get back to where I was.
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Username: Losing_it_2013
    Week: April Week 3
    Weigh-in Day: Tuesday
    PW = 188.4
    CW = 187.6
    Diff = - 0.8
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I put in my weigh-in yesterday, but I keep hitting 'done' instead of post. So frustrating. So here is take 2!

April week 3
    Username: momma3times
    PW: 248.4
    CW: 252.6

Tough week. TOM had some to do with it, but so did sugar intake. I can not eat sugar, it cause almost immediate inflammation and weight gain. But it is so hard to resist! If I stop for a couple weeks, I can stay away from it for months, then one dessert at a special occasion sends me into a sugar spiral again.

I am headed out to camp in the woods this morning. We have our meals carefully planned, so I should be able to stick to the game plan.

It will break my streak though, I hate doing that, but turning off electronics for a few days is much healthier for my mental state.

• CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Track: no
    Calories: over
    Exercise: none

Hopefully get back on track with both eating and exercise tomorrow.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    πŸ€Όβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ HAPPY TUESDAY TEAM SLIMSONSπŸ€Όβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈ

MOTIVATIONAL TIP: POWER OF GREEN TEA

"Green tea contains bioactive substances like caffeine and EGCG, which can have powerful effects on metabolism.

Compounds in green tea increase levels of hormones that tell fat cells to break down fat. This releases fat into the bloodstream and makes it available as energy" Retrieved from articles https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/green-tea-and-weight-loss#how-it-works

m95oku91bz6u.jpg

As you know I've been drinking my tea after 5pm and it has helped tremendously with my cravings. I no longer have powerful thoughts of cookies, cakes or ordering fast food late at night.

Remember this is just a suggestion we all have to walk our own pathways on this journey.

Have a blessed and productive day! πŸŒžπŸ˜ƒ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Nope.
    Calories: Probably not.
    Exercise:Also nope.

Comments: I'd feel guilty but I feel pretty great. Was a freeing day. Tomorrow I'm starting my new workout plan and food strategy so took today as one day where there weren't a lot of rules, still ate Keto, just ate what I felt like......

Proud of you. One of the key elements of our lifestyles change is listening to our bodies anfmd knowing when we have to take a break. You've been at this for so long you need to change things up and you're listening to what your body is twlling you so of course you're going to feel free and relax. Go girly!πŸŒžπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘ŒπŸΎ I cannot wait to gwt to that stage.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Username: Gadgetgirl259
    Week 3 (Monday)
    PW: 188.4
    CW: 186.8

Awesomeness so proud of your progress πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘ŒπŸΎ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: Β»
    I am trying to figure out how I am going to handle this coming weekend.... We will be having a major food fest for Easter, with all the family together and all the kids together... Appetizers, egg hunt, delicious big dinner, tons of desserts..... chocolate everywhere....
    It's gonna be difficult to rein in the cramming of food into the face.... I don't want to sabotage myself and and my goal, but at the same time, I want to enjoy myself and maybe not do so much calorie counting. The issue is that I am a snacker and a grazer. I won't sit down with a plate full. I will walk by and grab one or two things. But I will do that all day. I don't even remember half the times I do it, because I am running on automatic. Maybe chasing a kid, or heading to talk to someone, and I just grab a cookie or chips or fruit, or nachos, or whatever happens to be near me, on the way.

Hoping I can push for a big loss this week, and then if I overeat on the weekend, and have a small or no loss next week, it won't be too bad....

I remember reading an article earlier this week on something like this. His advice for events such as these is to minimize your calories throughout the week so you can have extra calories on the weekend. I tried it last week when I wanted my homemade fast food knowing I was going to go over and my results were still good, they weren't phenomenal but at least I lost.

Hopes this helps πŸ‘πŸΎ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

April Week #3

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 210.4
    CW: 209.8

I've been on a bit of a plateau the last couple of weeks. Hopefully this is movement in the right direction.

I've been working on a major software project for the last few weeks. Phase 1 "go live" date was today with a tough group to please. I worked all weekend checking all the details and making sure everything was a go. I expected today to be a madhouse with questions, etc. Not a peep.......so far. I can't believe it. My nerves are much more settled today than they were yesterday.

I'm glad your nerves are settled as stress can be a major factor in our weight loss or gain. So congrats on moving the scale in your favorπŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Oh wow! I had an extremely busy weekend and didn't log in and come back to 64 new messages! I'll catch up in a minute.

Daily check in for Sat/Sun

Logged: No
    Calories: Probably over

Volleyball is over and Saturday was the drama play so that's now over too! Yay!! Yesterday was a day of catching up on things I've been neglecting for the last few months. I can finally start focusing a little more on my health and fitness. I feel a load of stress has been lifted. Hoping this is a positive start to a healthier me!

YES IT IS A POSITIVE START TO A NEW YOU. That's one of keys to your new lifestyle change is staying positive no matter what situation you're in. I know it's easier said than done but with practice we all can get there. Praying for your success as alwaysπŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Hey there peeps! What' shakin? Getting ready for work - gotta make that bacon $$! LOL. Happy Monday!

Hoping you made that bacon yesterday πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Really nice to see you back on the forum.πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘ŒπŸΎ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: Β»
    βœ…Weekly weigh-in

βœ…Username: o0kody0o
    βœ…Week: April Week 3
    βœ…PW: 163lbs
    βœ…CW: 161 lbs

Another 2lbs down this week πŸ’ͺ Almost into the 150s. I seem to be consistently losing 2lbs every week which I’m happy with. 23lbs down, 14lbs to go...I CAN do this πŸ˜ƒπŸ’ͺπŸ’«

Awesomeness you're so rocking it! Getting cliser and closer to your goals. πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ˜ƒ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username: thelandkraken
    Week: April week 3
    PW: 290.3
    CW: 292

Gosh, this is awful. I think TOM has something to do with it, but I'm pretty disheartened.

Don't be disheartened remember to stay focus on your journey and be positive. Yeah sometimes the scale is not in our favor but I bet if you measure yourself you'll see you lost a few inches and that's progress and itself. YOU GOT THISπŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺπŸ½πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post: April 13th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 7,500 steps + 15 minutes exercise bike (3.6 miles)

I used my new treadmill for the first time today. It is a NordicTrack and came the ifit app. It was really strange following along with a personal trainer while the app controlled the treadmill. I almost fell the first time it changed speeds on me because I wasn't expecting it. :) That thing had me moving ....my heart rate was up to 120 at one point. I then did a slower walk followed by a few minutes on the bike. I didn't get my usual amount of steps in today but that was a much more intense workout.

Wow I could only imagine, just be careful but sounds like you enjoyed your workout.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post: Fri, 4/12
    Calories: Over!
    Exercise: 30 in 30 & Axel

Daily Post: Sat, 4/13
    Exercise: walked 30mins

Daily Post: Sun, 4/14
    Exercise: cleaned my house from top to bottom!

Goals/Day/Comments: After some research, I’m gonna try the 16:8 Fast starting this week. I’m excited & looking forward to the challenge.

You got thisπŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ’ͺπŸ½πŸ‘πŸΎ
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily check in Friday
    Tracked? Nope... but stayed reasonable
    Calories under? Nope, out for a family reunion :)
    Carbs under? Ate ketogenic foods but didn't count so likely over.
    Intermittent Fast? Not today
    Exercise? Went out dancing :)
    Water? 12+ cups
    Sleep? 7 hours

Daily check in Saturday
    Tracked? No
    Calories under? Maybe...
    Carbs under? Maybe...
    Intermittent Fast? Back to it on Monday
    Exercise? Recovery day hehe
    Water? 8+ cups
    Sleep? 8 hours

Daily check in Sunday
    Tracked? Nope but pre logging for tomorrow.
    Calories under? Yes despite not logging I know I'm under.
    Carbs under? Yup
    Intermittent Fast? Starts tonight at 6:30
    Exercise? Elliptical later on
    Water? 8 cups
    Sleep? 10 hours!!

Happy Sunday! Tonight I'll be meal prepping for the week and loosley pre-logging the next few days. It has worked so well for me the last couple weeks that I'll definitely keep going this way.

I'm bummed that my weight didn't change but I'm feeling better in my body and clothing. I have to remind myself that the scale is only ONE way to measure success.

Have a great week everybody!

You're doung so awesome and sometimes it won't change but you've been tearing up this competition so don't beat yourself up STAY POSITIVE and try measuring your inches I bet you drop a few and that's something to celebrate!
This discussion has been closed.