MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - April 2019

Options

Replies

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 694 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    It's a close game but after the first week of the Baseball Challenge the Mission Slimpossibles are in the lead with 64 runs and bases loaded. Way to go!!! B)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Sunday check -in
    The ropes course opened this weekend, so this morning I went for the first time since November. It went much better than anticipated, all things considering. I'm waiting to see how the shoulder feels tomorrow, and I'm pretty tired, but really it was a great day!
    We are on school vacation this week, so technically I have the week off. But realistically I've got so much work to catch up on, that I'll be working for at least several days.

Food - to close to call
    Exercise - 2+hours at the ropes course
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: got in two walks in spite of stormy weather
    Water: not quite ther
    Tomorrow: elliptical break at work, stay in the green, drink more water
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Steps
    4/12 = 12,002
    4/13 = 18,976
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    weigh in day Saturday
    Week 2
    PW =244
    CW= 250

It seems I've been living the yoyo diet for a long time. Sorry team.

No apologies are ever necessary here. What can we do to help you cut that yo-yo string?
    Start today as if nothing happened except realize what choices you can make differently in the future. Today is a new day. Fresh starts are always possible!

Any clue on how to break carb addiction?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    4177 steps
    Church ran late
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Sunday 4/14 check in

Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 21DF Yoga Fix
    Tomorrow: Start my 5th and last round of 21DF before moving on to another program on May 6th 😀
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Food: under, on plan, on time, good choices
    Water: over
    Exercise: 30 min indoor platform stepping (SINGLE), 57 minute outdoor walking workout (DOUBLE)
    Steps: 14,774 (DOUBLE)
    @Jactop - Here are my baseball stats!

Monday Plans
    - Food and water on plan
    - Martial arts class
    - Steps: at least 7500 (get a single for the baseball game)
  • angielove88
    angielove88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories slightly under
    Water could be better.
    Exercise was arms and done a bit later in the day than usual but it felt good.

Tmrw is a cardio day & weigh in.
    4/14: 17,210
  • UTMom81
    Options
    19shmoo69
    weigh in day Saturday
    Week 2
    PW =244
    CW= 250

No apologies are ever necessary here. What can we do to help you cut that yo-yo string?
    Start today as if nothing happened except realize what choices you can make differently in the future. Today is a new day. Fresh starts are always possible!

I'm not sure how to actually break the addiction, but when I was losing weight the fastest, I had significantly reduced the worthless carbs. After a short time of doing without them, I found I just didn't crave them as much. And, if I did eat them, my body told me about it because I just didn't FEEL good. I think doing the No Junk Food Challenge for 7 days is a good way to begin. Then you might feel like extending it. You can still have LOTS of coffee thankfully! :wink: I don't do true low carb/keto because I love fruit and know that it is good for my body in reasonable quantities--I just can't make that mental leap. Hope others will share their insights about how to reduce carbs.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh-in Week: Week 3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 135.1
    Today's Weight: 133.6
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2019
    Options
    19shmoo69
    weigh in day Saturday
    Week 2
    PW =244
    CW= 250

I'm not sure how to actually break the addiction, but when I was losing weight the fastest, I had significantly reduced the worthless carbs. After a short time of doing without them, I found I just didn't crave them as much. And, if I did eat them, my body told me about it because I just didn't FEEL good. I think doing the No Junk Food Challenge for 7 days is a good way to begin. Then you might feel like extending it. You can still have LOTS of coffee thankfully! :wink: I don't do true low carb/keto because I love fruit and know that it is good for my body in reasonable quantities--I just can't make that mental leap. Hope others will share their insights about how to reduce carbs.

Hi there,

I started my weight loss journey by focusing on getting problem foods out of my environment. I had read a book called Willpower that talks about studies showing that willpower gets worn out. If you expose yourself to temptation, you eventually succumb.

I started by giving up sugar and flour, and things made with them. It took about a month to do, with a number of failures along the way. There was a physical aspect to that, and an even bigger mental aspect to it.

I cleaned out my pantry and eventually my freezer. I had to talk to my family, and get their buy-in on eating ice cream outside the house for a while, until it had quit being something that I eat. To get their buy-in, I explained that I really thought my health was at stake, that if I didn't make this change that I was going to slide into some serious health issues. I also quit eating out for a while, because I could not go to our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant without eating more than worked for weight loss. We started eating more at home, and have stuck with that. We started choosing activities differently, dropping a couple of things that would have me go hang around foods it did not work to eat.

James Clear, who is all about habits, talks about reducing your exposure to the things that cue the problem behavior -- controlling your environment. Here's an article he has on Breaking a Bad Habit. For me, simply remembering the ice cream that was almost always in the freezer triggered a craving. I quit craving it after a while when it was no longer in the freezer.

I hope this helps a little!
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday check-in.

Friday: calories just baout under
    water over
    exercise 16185 steps and 20 mins HIIT

Saturday: calories quite a lot over
    water ???
    exercise lots of walking round London 21723 steps

Sunday
    Calories, lots under, not so much as Saturday was over though.
    Water on track.
    exercise 1 hour alottment digging plus 11861 steps.

Today's my weigh-in day, but I've run out of batteries!
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    BB for Sunday 4/14

Steps: 20299
    Exercise Minutes: 131
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Week 2 weigh in day
    Username:embersdream
    Weigh in day : Monday
    Week 1 : 205
    Week 2: 201.2

Yay I’m down 3.8 lbs

Wow! I hope you are super duper happy!

Yes I am and thanks for the encouragement!
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Week 3 check in
    Weeek 3: 199.8

Not so shabby :)
    My goal is 172 and then see if I can do more.
    I have found though my week has been a bit off.
    Was birthday week and had a few days of total goody indulgence and a few cocktails and now feel a bit yuck. Although there’s a small scale victory my tummy is super bloated at the moment. So hoping to really focus this week. Try to get to the gym 3 times this week ( it’s school holidays and have my kids all week plus uni)
  • angielove88
    angielove88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Username: angielove88
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 172.4
    Today’s Weight: 170.6
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Week 3 check in
    Weeek 3: 199.8

Not so shabby :)
    My goal is 172 and then see if I can do more.
    I have found though my week has been a bit off.
    Was birthday week and had a few days of total goody indulgence and a few cocktails and now feel a bit yuck. Although there’s a small scale victory my tummy is super bloated at the moment. So hoping to really focus this week. Try to get to the gym 3 times this week ( it’s school holidays and have my kids all week plus uni)

Way to go! Onederland!!!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Username: angielove88
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 172.4
    Today’s Weight: 170.6

Great work, Angie!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Wishusdonna - Looking forward to tomorrow (assuming you get batteries) to find out, but it sounds like you balanced out your over day pretty decently. Your steps were fabulous, for sure!

@Fitgirllife72 - Fabulous steps there!

Hey @embersdream - Another great week overall! It's good to figure out that some kinds of eating and drinking make you feel a bit yuck, yes? For me, there are some things, things I used to like, that I won't eat now because the yuck is not worth it.
    And as @UTmom81 said - OhMyGosh - Onederland! 🎉🎉🎉 You are in the 1's -- how great! 🎉🎉🎉

@angielove88 - Boom! Another great week! 😄😄😄
This discussion has been closed.