WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Kittu125 wrote: »
    Weigh in Friday — can I get pass week. I am not able to do weigh in this week as I am traveling and have no access to a sclae

I don't know if the rules changed .... but so long as advanced notice was given (which you did hereO last week's # can be carried over to avoid a NWI ruling. There is a limit to the roll-overs in a row .... but it was a way to allow for travel without moving to cheer squad if a shorter trip.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    Team Weight No More's Week 3 Group Challenge Today Matters

I woke up this morning knowing I have to recommit to my health and healthy weight. ....

So this challenge is perfect for me. Perfect timing. Perfectly simple. Perfectly do-able.

So here it is…
    My Four Circles to Success
    Yes, the colors are significant…
    To me the color
    Purple represents hope
    Green represents growth
    Yellow represents excitement
    Red represents celebration
    All are connected, one will lead to the next

59pwnwy365nh.png

Plan to see my success report tomorrow.

Happy Restart Saturday to me and to all B)

How has your Daily / Weekly gone so far this week, @karenesg ?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I'm thinking hard about the four circles. I have two large projects that I will break down this way, but they are not related to weight and fitness. I feel like I have a good practice with those - It has been 7 years since losing 35 pounds, and I have stayed within a tolerable range for that time. When it rises up, as it did recently, I get much more strict with logging and find ways to inspire more intense activity. That's what these teams are for!

But other projects are hard to keep on the road. I retired, thinking that at long last I can get to MY stuff. But I also had a huge "management fatigue". At work I ran a lot of projects, did a lot of administrative work, applied for and managed grants, performances, recordings, etc. On top of teaching unruly university students and herding my colleagues as chair of the department. This fatigue has created a terrible spoiled brat who wants everything to be set up and organised FOR me. I don't want to anymore. But if I don't, it doesn't get done because now it really is MY stuff.

I really like the four circles, so I'm working on what has to go into the month, week, day so that they are both done this year. I'll post it soon!

How is applying the 4 circles to just ONE personal goal working? Has it even begun? Or is your Instant Gratification Monkey (IGM) [if it ain't fun or easy, I'm avoiding it like the PLAGUE!!] jockeying to keep Rational Decision-Maker Dude well away from the helm?

Is there a SMALLER personal project you could practice applying this to? that would take LESS than a year (or even perhaps less than a MONTH) to accomplish? Like .... i donno .... are you a gardener? Could you be planning and setting up your flower or vegetable patch soon? Wave the prospect of either sitting amongst all the lovely blooms or savouring home-grown ingredients as a bribe/incentive to the little monkey?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,212 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I'm thinking hard about the four circles. I have two large projects that I will break down this way, but they are not related to weight and fitness. I feel like I have a good practice with those - It has been 7 years since losing 35 pounds, and I have stayed within a tolerable range for that time. When it rises up, as it did recently, I get much more strict with logging and find ways to inspire more intense activity. That's what these teams are for!

But other projects are hard to keep on the road. I retired, thinking that at long last I can get to MY stuff. But I also had a huge "management fatigue". At work I ran a lot of projects, did a lot of administrative work, applied for and managed grants, performances, recordings, etc. On top of teaching unruly university students and herding my colleagues as chair of the department. This fatigue has created a terrible spoiled brat who wants everything to be set up and organised FOR me. I don't want to anymore. But if I don't, it doesn't get done because now it really is MY stuff.

I really like the four circles, so I'm working on what has to go into the month, week, day so that they are both done this year. I'll post it soon!

How is applying the 4 circles to just ONE personal goal working? Has it even begun? Or is your Instant Gratification Monkey (IGM) [if it ain't fun or easy, I'm avoiding it like the PLAGUE!!] jockeying to keep Rational Decision-Maker Dude well away from the helm?

Is there a SMALLER personal project you could practice applying this to? that would take LESS than a year (or even perhaps less than a MONTH) to accomplish? Like .... i donno .... are you a gardener? Could you be planning and setting up your flower or vegetable patch soon? Wave the prospect of either sitting amongst all the lovely blooms or savouring home-grown ingredients as a bribe/incentive to the little monkey?

It is actually getting going. One project will be long, the other more manageable. The long project is easy to divide into smaller goals, even though the precise time each one will take is dependent on things like grant applications and results, but it will be simple to update as it goes along. I have started and gotten the ball rolling again after a few weeks of procrastination. This is a composition and performance project based on stories that military personnel who have been deployed find impossible to share.

The shorter one is the one I'm having to really push myself on. Thanks for the reminder to get that danged monkey outta here! I will put this one into the circle method, which is a little too simple for the long one. Then I will be able to report every week on how it is going. I really want to get it done, but I hate doing it. I am taking around 15-20 concert recordings from back in cassette days (my own performances). I am listening to them all, cataloguing all the pieces, performers, etc. and deciding which are good enough to put out into the world. Then I have to digitize them - here is where I'm stuck. I need some hardware, some knowledge, and to stop finding it so hard to listen to these performances repeatedly. Musicians are not good at listening to music, weirdly enough. We hear every flaw, everything we would do differently, every detail and its good and bad qualities. This is why we have producers and editors when making recordings! So I'm going to try to do one concert every week once I have the set up. First I need the hardware, and to make some experiments with the software to clean up the sound a bit, getting rid of the tape hiss, etc.

OK more detail than you needed! Gardening and outdoor stuff is what I do when putting this work off!! My seedlings are doing beautifully... will plant them outside in early June. And the salad garden is planted, in hopes it will stay warm enough. That stuff is my escape. So thanks again for the reminder to stay accountable and keep the plan moving. : <3
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 3
    PW: 277.8
    CW: 277.2
  • jugar
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 3
    PW: 277.8
    CW: 277.2

I have noticed that you usually weigh-in late. Would you like to change your weigh-in day? It really helps if it comes in on the day it is due. Thanks!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options

will not be home to weigh in on Sat. I will give you the weight on Sunday if that's okay.

It would be better to weigh in today - unless you can weigh in Sunday before 8:15 Eastern. We do the tallies early, so your loss would not be in the calculation for the week. You have done so well this month we would be sad not to have your excellent results in the team's favour!

I also like your 3 bite rule. I'm not sure I could do it but it is a great way to take 3 really conscious bites.

I did weigh myself on Friday so if you want to use that number you can. I am not sure if I can get to the computer by 8:15 tomorrow morning. I will post it today
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    April Week 3-Saturday
    PW:231.6
    CW:230.4
  • jugar
    Options
    SATURDAY BASEBALL! - FINAL DAY FOR WEEK 2

Saturday 20 April
    1. @jugar 60 minutes = triple
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • BMcC9
    edited April 2019
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

It is actually getting going. One project will be long, the other more manageable. The long project is easy to divide into smaller goals, even though the precise time each one will take is dependent on things like grant applications and results, but it will be simple to update as it goes along. I have started and gotten the ball rolling again after a few weeks of procrastination. This is a composition and performance project based on stories that military personnel who have been deployed find impossible to share.

The shorter one is the one I'm having to really push myself on. Thanks for the reminder to get that danged monkey outta here! I will put this one into the circle method, which is a little too simple for the long one. Then I will be able to report every week on how it is going. I really want to get it done, but I hate doing it. I am taking around 15-20 concert recordings from back in cassette days (my own performances). I am listening to them all, cataloguing all the pieces, performers, etc. and deciding which are good enough to put out into the world. Then I have to digitize them - here is where I'm stuck. I need some hardware, some knowledge, and to stop finding it so hard to listen to these performances repeatedly. Musicians are not good at listening to music, weirdly enough. We hear every flaw, everything we would do differently, every detail and its good and bad qualities. This is why we have producers and editors when making recordings! So I'm going to try to do one concert every week once I have the set up. First I need the hardware, and to make some experiments with the software to clean up the sound a bit, getting rid of the tape hiss, etc.

OK more detail than you needed! Gardening and outdoor stuff is what I do when putting this work off!! My seedlings are doing beautifully... will plant them outside in early June. And the salad garden is planted, in hopes it will stay warm enough. That stuff is my escape. So thanks again for the reminder to stay accountable and keep the plan moving. : <3

Go look at the "7 steps to never quit again" details (Week 2 from Moderators in March) - with attention to Step 3 - Layering. That might help you you schedule and check off the list of set-up details ....

here's the url ..

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10731988/week-2-mod-challenge-discussion-7-steps-to-never-quit-again#latest
  • BMcC9
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 you are posting all the time ... am I somehow overlooking your actual weigh in report from this morning??? The rest of the Saturday crowd all seem to be entered ...
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Reminder that we are re tweaking the Baseball Lineup as of tomorrow - the team-vs-team game continues for another two weeks.

I am stepping out (I was a late swap in anyway) and some of you have been saying you want in if possible.

Please put the Want In / Want Out info up today, so that @jugar can see what changes will take effect tomorrow.

Till then, if you are CURRENTLY on the team, don't forget to post your news before bed tonight! The Grand PoohBah of All-Team stats likes to do his calibrations early in the day on Sundays!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    @Blackbeautysue where are you??? If anyone is friends with her, has she been active on the Wall lately? We haven't seen her here.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY BASEBALL! - FINAL DAY FOR WEEK 2

Saturday 20 April
    1. @jugar 60 minutes = triple
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01-15,000 steps,60 mins., -triple
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • sue_01
    Options
    - I would like to keep in the line up for baseball. #3

Steps 4/20 ----15,000
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

User = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 3
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (4/20/19)
    Previous Weight = 339.2
    Current Weight = 341.4

Although I've had gains the past 2 weeks or so, I remembered this morning that my M.O. over the years has been that whenever I start exercising or get back into it after a long hiatus, I always gain weight the first few weeks. Then the weight starts to drop. So here's hoping, praying, and walking that I'll end the month with a deficit.

In other news...I walked in a quarter marathon this morning in Crawford, TX. There were more hills than I could count, but it was a total of 6.55 miles (plus the rest of my steps throughout the day.) Here are my stats (at the bottom of the picture below) for the STEP CHALLENGE. (That's me on the right!) Happy Easter everyone!

d1oggr03z25o.png
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    BASEBALL HAS BEEN THE MODS CHALLENGE FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS. PARTICIPATION ON THE TEAMS PLAYING HAS BEEN GREAT.

CAPTAINS AND TEAM MEMBERS! DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE FOR THE REMAINING 2 WEEKS OF THIS MONTH ON F2F? YOUR MODERATORS WANT TO KNOW!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE (OR JOIN), THERE CAN BE SOME SIMPLE CHANGES:
    THE CAPTAIN OF THE BASEBALL TEAM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR F2F TEAM. IF THERE ARE INTERESTED PLAYERS AND THEY ARE COMMITED ENOUGH TO TRACK THEIR EXERCISE, THAT CAN WORK. THERE IS ONLY ONE SIMPLE REPORT TO MAKE EVERY DAY – HOW MANY MINUTES AND/OR HOW MANY STEPS EACH PERSON HAS MADE THAT DAY. YOU DON’T EVEN NEED TO FIGURE OUT IF IT IS A DOUBLE, TRIPLE, OR WHATEVER, UNLESS YOU WANT TO. DAILY REPORTS GO ON THE MODERATOR’S CHALLENGE BASEBALL THREAD. MODERATORS WILL TAKE CARE OF FILLING OUT THE SCORE SHEET. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE CHALLENGE IS THAT EVERY PLAYER HAS TO REPORT THEIR EXERCISE EVERY DAY. IT’S A GREAT TOOL FOR COMMITMENT.

SO LET US KNOW IF YOU AND YOUR TEAM WANT THIS CHALLENGE TO GO ON FOR 2 MORE WEEKS. IF NOT, WE’LL COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE! (FAIR WARNING)
    YOUR MOD SQUAD

Now that I know I don't have to figure out the home run stuff, I'd like to be on the next baseball team. Will posting my Fitbit screenshot every day work since it shows my steps and active minutes? I'm already doing that for the step challenge anyway. Let me know.

Now that you are posting every day, you are a GREAT candidate for the baseball team. The most important thing is to report minutes / steps / whatever every day. I'll let you know how the team shapes up...

@jugar So am I on the baseball team for the next 2 weeks?
  • sue_01
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

User = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 3
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (4/20/19)
    Previous Weight = 339.2
    Current Weight = 341.4

Although I've had gains the past 2 weeks or so, I remembered this morning that my M.O. over the years has been that whenever I start exercising or get back into it after a long hiatus, I always gain weight the first few weeks. Then the weight starts to drop. So here's hoping, praying, and walking that I'll end the month with a deficit.

In other news...I walked in a quarter marathon this morning in Crawford, TX. There were more hills than I could count, but it was a total of 6.55 miles (plus the rest of my steps throughout the day.) Here are my stats (at the bottom of the picture below) for the STEP CHALLENGE. (That's me on the right!) Happy Easter everyone!

d1oggr03z25o.png

That is awesome, hills make the walk a challenge, congratulations on your marathon.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    All the Saturday people have reported in!

I will make a last check for our only two MIA's before bed.

Still watching for Week 3 @MrsRecinos0507 (a week overdue now) and @Blackbeautysue (due last Thursday)

Up Tomorrow (Sunday)
    @Andreabroadley
    @MrsRecinos0507

Heads Up for Monday
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3 (if you would like to change your weigh-in day, please let us know - it is easily done)

Happy Easter Morning, everyone!

• jugar
    Options
    BASEBALL HAS BEEN THE MODS CHALLENGE FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS. PARTICIPATION ON THE TEAMS PLAYING HAS BEEN GREAT.

CAPTAINS AND TEAM MEMBERS! DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE FOR THE REMAINING 2 WEEKS OF THIS MONTH ON F2F? YOUR MODERATORS WANT TO KNOW!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE (OR JOIN), THERE CAN BE SOME SIMPLE CHANGES:
    THE CAPTAIN OF THE BASEBALL TEAM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR F2F TEAM. IF THERE ARE INTERESTED PLAYERS AND THEY ARE COMMITED ENOUGH TO TRACK THEIR EXERCISE, THAT CAN WORK. THERE IS ONLY ONE SIMPLE REPORT TO MAKE EVERY DAY – HOW MANY MINUTES AND/OR HOW MANY STEPS EACH PERSON HAS MADE THAT DAY. YOU DON’T EVEN NEED TO FIGURE OUT IF IT IS A DOUBLE, TRIPLE, OR WHATEVER, UNLESS YOU WANT TO. DAILY REPORTS GO ON THE MODERATOR’S CHALLENGE BASEBALL THREAD. MODERATORS WILL TAKE CARE OF FILLING OUT THE SCORE SHEET. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE CHALLENGE IS THAT EVERY PLAYER HAS TO REPORT THEIR EXERCISE EVERY DAY. IT’S A GREAT TOOL FOR COMMITMENT.

SO LET US KNOW IF YOU AND YOUR TEAM WANT THIS CHALLENGE TO GO ON FOR 2 MORE WEEKS. IF NOT, WE’LL COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE! (FAIR WARNING)
    YOUR MOD SQUAD

Now that I know I don't have to figure out the home run stuff, I'd like to be on the next baseball team. Will posting my Fitbit screenshot every day work since it shows my steps and active minutes? I'm already doing that for the step challenge anyway. Let me know.

Now that you are posting every day, you are a GREAT candidate for the baseball team. The most important thing is to report minutes / steps / whatever every day. I'll let you know how the team shapes up...

@jugar So am I on the baseball team for the next 2 weeks?

Yes! I will post the full list tomorrow, but be prepared to step right in and start scoring tomorrow! And congratulations for your quarter marathon today - well done!
This discussion has been closed.