WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,193 Member
    Options
    What a Wednesday. The sun is shining. It is warm enough to wear a sweater outside. But best of all, I planted my little kitchen garden! Our big vegetable garden is still under some snow, but we have one small garden right next to the house protected by an overhang. It thaws really early, and we take a gamble planting kale, arugula, and mesclun. It needs to be watered even when it rains, but it is SO wonderful picking salad instead of buying it. Can't wait to see if they will be OK this year, or if I'll have to re-plant. I think they'll be fine :smiley:

So I got a good heavy clearing, digging, tilling and planting workout after a 30 minute indoor workout. 90 minutes so far, and I have to go out tonight to look at a car with my son - so that's a mile walk on the steep hill. Hopefully making up for the not good choices I made for food yesterday. I think I had been eating too little, so got into sweet potato chips and a cookie at my mother-in-law's! It was really good, but my stomach still feels a bit weird.

Enjoy your Wednesday, and do your healthy habits just because it feels good. Tally ho!
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »

It would be a blast if everyone tried to get ONE home run by the end of the week. Some of the team have had home runs, but not everyone. Add a few extra minutes, up the steps on a beautiful day, and bask in the glory! The 2-week game ends at the end of the day Saturday. Let's go out in a blaze.

I was a late sub, so please remind me .... HOW does one get a Home Run? Can it be a "double-double-single" or have to be "all in one" time and / or steps? (how would "Home Run via combined time and steps work if it is even possible??)

OK. It is a bit confusing for sure! If you do 120 minutes of ONE activity, or go 20,000 steps it is a HOME RUN. Of course, you can do 60 minutes of one thing and 30 minutes of another and get a triple and a single for the same result, but less glory! So 60 minutes plus 10,000 steps gets you a triple and a double, etc. The 60 minutes can include some of your steps if you were really working out on the treadmill, running, or otherwise turning steps into more intentional exercise. So if you count steps all day, do 10,000 total, with 60 minutes of your day doing a run or fast walk, hill hike, etc., then you get both.

Does that make sense?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,424 Member
    Options
    I found the following very inspiring combo scale victory / Non-scale victory story on my other challenge (non-weighing in)

What she came up with as a way to redirect her inner Instant Gratification Monkey AWAY from "easy" yet towards "FUN!" is terrific (and so very .... her! )
    I am in a very good place now after catching an upward trend on scale mid-Feb to mid-March. Began making baby changes: more fiber, less salt; then lower calorie input, less eating out; then all the things I used to do like pre-packing food for when I will be away from home most of a day, reading Refuse to Regain (and realizing our American food environment really is a toxic & I must be prepared...and vigilant).

Then a few days ago, when I had eaten lunch 2/3 days at the same restaurant, I decided I needed to figure out a way to stop that. So I got out my receipts & realized it’s expensive!! So, if I’m craving eating out, I can now go to a bookstore, art store, etc. & spend half what I would have eating out.

I forgot this & ate out again.

But yesterday, I remembered and my reaction was now I’d rather eat out.
    So as I was driving home, I finished off the 2-3 walnut halves & 2 cups of water, and said ok.

Then about 15 mins later, I said ok. Craft store it is! So I saved half the money I would have spent, got a gazillion steps in as I spent an hour weaving through the store with a big smile in my face, purchased an inspiring magazine, had a blast, and this morning (drumroll)

I’m at the Lowest Weight I’ve been since early 9th grade. 150.4 & 5’8.5”

When I got home, some leggings & a shirt I ordered from Amazon had showed up. With trepidation, I opened them up carefully (sure I'd have to return them) and held up the gorgeous leggings & thought no way they’ll fit ....

Well they did & so did the top. I can’t tell you how thrilling this is! I’m normal.

maybe YOUR IGM would be more susceptible to "redirect towards Garden Center" or "fabric store", or maybe not even a "spent 1/2 $$$ elsewhere" type activity .... but see if you can come up with your own variation .... that suits your IGM's "easy defaut" (but self-sabotaging) / "FUN! redirect" (that is self-supportive / self-caring) situation and personality.

We'd love to know what your little critter is up to.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I did get some exercise in today 4/17 walked 47 minutes total (involved walking for 43 minutes and climbing stairs for 4 minutes. Steps I will try to get them in and log them tomorrow morning. If not needed ok.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,767 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Final - another great day!
    Wednesday 17 April
    1. @jugar
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01-65 mins. -16,487 steps-triple
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,767 Member
    Options
    Steps - April 17 ---16,487
  • jugar
    Options
    Wednesday 17 April BASEBALL

1. @jugar 30+60 minutes = single triple
    2. @jlbtnc 47 minutes = double
    3. @sue_01 65 minutes, 16,487 steps = triple triple
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej

Let me know the rest and I'll get them up and posted tomorrow!
  • jugar
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    I did get some exercise in today 4/17 walked 47 minutes total (involved walking for 43 minutes and climbing stairs for 4 minutes. Steps I will try to get them in and log them tomorrow morning. If not needed ok.

Good one - and yes, the steps are always helpful!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 ...steps for 4/16/19

v5qy75ovauah.png
  • BMcC9
    Options

It would be a blast if everyone tried to get ONE home run by the end of the week. Some of the team have had home runs, but not everyone. Add a few extra minutes, up the steps on a beautiful day, and bask in the glory! The 2-week game ends at the end of the day Saturday. Let's go out in a blaze.

I was a late sub, so please remind me .... HOW does one get a Home Run? Can it be a "double-double-single" or have to be "all in one" time and / or steps? (how would "Home Run via combined time and steps work if it is even possible??)

OK. It is a bit confusing for sure! If you do 120 minutes of ONE activity, or go 20,000 steps it is a HOME RUN. Of course, you can do 60 minutes of one thing and 30 minutes of another and get a triple and a single for the same result, but less glory! So 60 minutes plus 10,000 steps gets you a triple and a double, etc. The 60 minutes can include some of your steps if you were really working out on the treadmill, running, or otherwise turning steps into more intentional exercise. So if you count steps all day, do 10,000 total, with 60 minutes of your day doing a run or fast walk, hill hike, etc., then you get both.

Does that make sense?

I have 98 minutes jogging on the mini-trampoline PLUS 12678 steps (or would that be 49 + 49 for time because of doing the same thing, but before and after supper? )
  • BMcC9
    Options
    All our Wednesday folks reported in, and are logged.

Head's Up for Thursday:
    @Blackbeautysue
    @Cory17
  • jugar
    Options

Does that make sense?

I have 98 minutes jogging on the mini-trampoline PLUS 12678 steps (or would that be 49 + 49 for time because of doing the same thing, but before and after supper? )

49+49 is better! Two doubles, for two workouts - even if they were the same exercise. Good one!
  • jugar
    Options
    update

Wednesday 17 April
    4. @BMcC9 49+49 minutes, 12,678 steps = double double double
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • BMcC9
    Options
    double-double-double .... sounds like a Tim Horton's coffee with a stutter :D Also sounds like a home run with some change .... even if not exactly a HOME RUN ....
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Tuesday steps- 9,123
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Thursdays - choose your TH ....

Threat; Thrill; Thrift; Throw-away; (Heart)Throb ....

This isn't so much a threat (YET...) more of a conundrum but potentially a future threat if ignored ....

I started Transition to Maintenance on April 1 (did I remember to mention this .... once or twice during the past 18 days ..... ;) )

After raising my intake window by the first 60 cals (and eating them daily) I find that I am actually hungrier.

For me the additional game-players might be a combo of:
    • "you ARE on maintenance ... and that's ONLY 1/4 of the extra maintenace calories .... you are entitled to more, you know .... " whispers in the back of my brain plus
    • a radical change to more vigourous style of exercise routine, and
    • it almost seems toooo close to bedtime to eat back all the exercise calories. Which I am not SUPPOSED to be leaving in the pot, as I am working of finding the maintenance balance point ......

And maybe the core cardio dance program is burning even more than what I am giving it credit for in the exercise log ..... (or is that last bit a hopeful chime in from my Instant Gratification Monkey?)
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/16~10,563
    4/17~7,269
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 ...steps for 4/17/19

laqoojx9ey2b.png

Thankfully, I ended up sleeping longer than an hour. I'm trying to work my way up to 8-10 miles per day. I'll get there before the end of June.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Cw 216.6
    Reading James clear "atomic habits". Its very much about the process. Habit formation brings the results. Ties in w the four circles.
  • jugar
    edited April 2019
    Options
    BASEBALL UPDATE

Wednesday 17 April
    4. @BMcC9 49+49 minutes, 12,678 steps = double double double
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej

@Kittu125 and @fourathomej ? Any beautiful numbers for Wednesday?

Thursday 18 April
    1. @jugar 60 minutes, 10,000 steps = triple double (will update final steps later)
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej

Keep 'em coming!
This discussion has been closed.