WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of exercise, sorry struggling with everything. I will log steps tomorrow, but may not be enough for baseball.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,212 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    45 minutes of exercise, sorry struggling with everything. I will log steps tomorrow, but may not be enough for baseball.

No problem - even a daily 45 minutes is fantastic, and gets you a double every time. I'm hoping that the daily baseball commitment has helped you, so let me know if it has or has not.

Any way we can help with the struggles?
  • jugar
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I hope the last two Wednesday scores come in tonight with the Thursday scores, oh awesome baseball team --- still waiting, unless somehow they have been missed.

Wednesday 17 April
    1. @jugar 30+60 minutes = single triple
    2. @jlbtnc 47 minutes = double
    3. @sue_01 65 minutes, 16,487 steps = triple triple
    4. @BMcC9 49+49 minutes, 12,678 steps = double double double
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej 97+45 minutes, 14,081 steps = triple double triple THANKS

Thursday 18 April
    1. @jugar 60 minutes, 10,000 steps = triple double (will update final steps later)
    2. @jlbtnc 45 minutes = double
    3. @sue_01
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    Stats 4/17
    Steps: 14081
    Hiking 97 min + PIYO 45 min
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    Thursday 18 April
    1. @jugar 60 minutes, 10,000 steps = triple double (will update final steps later)
    3. @sue_01-46mins, steps 20,068, 27 floors ---home run!
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • sue_01
    Options
    Steps 4/18--- 20,068
  • sue_01
    Options
    bdorvo0oqt76.jpeg
  • jugar
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Thursday 18 April
    3. @sue_01 46mins, steps 20,068, 27 floors -- home run!
    4. @BMcC9
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej

FANTASTIC @sue_01
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    April 17 - 13,817

Weight is slowly coming off. I have an occasional slip up (life happens) but I don't let it derailed me for day or the week. This has got to be a lifestyle change. Keep up the great work team.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Wednesday steps 8,606
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    STATS 4/18
    STEPS: 14020
    Spin max class - 90 min + yoga 55 min
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Username: Jennifer
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 201.4
    Todays Weight: 201.0

This cold and cough needs to leave so I can get back to working on me. I am so tired, didn't sleep good the past 2 nights, I am not drinking all my water and picking here and there (even though under calories).

Steps from 4/18: 7784 not enough for baseball, but still trying to get some steps in.
  • sue_01
    Options
    sue_01
    Weight in day: Friday
    PW:185.5
    CW:184.
  • jugar
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Username: Jennifer
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Previous Weight: 201.4
    Todays Weight: 201.0

This cold and cough needs to leave so I can get back to working on me. I am so tired, didn't sleep good the past 2 nights, I am not drinking all my water and picking here and there (even though under calories).

Steps from 4/18: 7784 not enough for baseball, but still trying to get some steps in.

7784 is certainly enough for baseball! 7500 is a single. Way to go - and I hope you feel better SOON. I have been fighting a cold this week too, but yours sounds nastier. You'll get going when it is gone. Hugs!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    BASEBALL HAS BEEN THE MODS CHALLENGE FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS. PARTICIPATION ON THE TEAMS PLAYING HAS BEEN GREAT.

CAPTAINS AND TEAM MEMBERS! DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE FOR THE REMAINING 2 WEEKS OF THIS MONTH ON F2F? YOUR MODERATORS WANT TO KNOW!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE (OR JOIN), THERE CAN BE SOME SIMPLE CHANGES:
    THE CAPTAIN OF THE BASEBALL TEAM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR F2F TEAM. IF THERE ARE INTERESTED PLAYERS AND THEY ARE COMMITED ENOUGH TO TRACK THEIR EXERCISE, THAT CAN WORK. THERE IS ONLY ONE SIMPLE REPORT TO MAKE EVERY DAY – HOW MANY MINUTES AND/OR HOW MANY STEPS EACH PERSON HAS MADE THAT DAY. YOU DON’T EVEN NEED TO FIGURE OUT IF IT IS A DOUBLE, TRIPLE, OR WHATEVER, UNLESS YOU WANT TO. DAILY REPORTS GO ON THE MODERATOR’S CHALLENGE BASEBALL THREAD. MODERATORS WILL TAKE CARE OF FILLING OUT THE SCORE SHEET. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE CHALLENGE IS THAT EVERY PLAYER HAS TO REPORT THEIR EXERCISE EVERY DAY. IT’S A GREAT TOOL FOR COMMITMENT.

SO LET US KNOW IF YOU AND YOUR TEAM WANT THIS CHALLENGE TO GO ON FOR 2 MORE WEEKS. IF NOT, WE’LL COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE! (FAIR WARNING)
    YOUR MOD SQUAD
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Username:martinesther88
    PW:157.8
    Cw: 157
    Steps 4/18~ 10,193
  • jugar
    Options
    So, as Greg has said in his inimitable emphatic style, we could keep the baseball game going for the next 2 weeks if we want to. I'm happy to keep going with the stats since I have to put them on the scoring spreadsheet in any case. I have found the game to be a fun way to kick myself in the butt and not skip any days even if it is minimal. I also like that both steps and workout minutes count so those who don't count steps can participate. So I'm a "yes" vote.

Please post some messages with your thoughts! We can change players if anyone wants in or out, or we can request a different challenge.
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Id be in for continuing the baseball game, also if it does continue I'd like to jump in 😊
  • jugar
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    April 16 - 12,904.

Sorry I missed "baseball". It must have launched while I was in Dallas. I couldn't find the original post starting the activity but I'll jump in and join the next one.

Hope you are still interested!
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    As promised ... here are my Four Circles (and repeat of instructions ... who else is going to put theirs Out Here?
    A Four minute Four Circle goal setting tool
    Adapted from Steve Chandler's book "100 ways to motivate yourself"

The Four Circle Method is a game changer if you suffer with the thought "I have so much weight to lose and it will TAKE FOREVER."

This is a great tool that helps you plan what you will do today to get you to that far away goal. You see, most of us are just disconnected from the smaller version of ourselves. We can't believe that the little things we do today MATTER. We think things like, "This bite won't hurt" or "I’m done… weighing 150lbs will take forever so give me a cookie."

The Four Circles basically trains your brain to believe how important today's tiny steps are. Yep...drinking the water matters versus our usual thought of drinking the water isn't enough.

Instruction: Start by drawing four circles on a piece of paper (see example below). The circles represent one year, one month, one week, and today. Inside each circle write down what you want. It can be anything. Start with the one year circle first.

The top left circle is the one year goal.
    The top right breaks that goal down into a smaller piece, a monthly goal.
    The bottom left is an even smaller piece, a weekly goal.
    The bottom right is EVERYTHING you are going to do today that will help you reach your goal.

Now tell your team and share your goals. Every day matters. What will you do today?
    n2p6dwude4k1.png

It would be great if you shared this on the Week 3 Challenge thread too - there are few examples, and this is a good one!
This discussion has been closed.