• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Daily log in for: Monday April 1
    Logged: yes, under
    Water: 7, almost 8
    Exercise: did a nice stretch routine which felt long overdue
    Steps: 13,350

@sleepymom5 wow! your march accomplishments are SO AWESOME! congratulations! i’m impressed!

@Mrsbell8well the 140s will be here before you know it! how exciting!

• Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Daily log for Monday April 1st

Food logged - ✔️, under my calorie target (so far... but night isn’t over yet... so munchy right now..)
    Water: ?, maybe 2 glasses plus 2 coffees. I know I could drink more, but catching up before bed is not a good idea.
    Exercise: did a class at the gym at 7pm, strength training type, so no extra steps logged on my fit bit.
    Steps: about 13,250. This is over my normal, higher because I had to run around town to meetings at work today.

Early morning start tomorrow, hope everyone has a good nights sleep.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    March review:
    - Down 4.6 pounds
    - Achieved my 50 pounds lost milestone
    - Said goodbye to the 180’s
    - Looser clothing
    - New bras that are down in the band size but same cup size (losing 50 pounds and staying the same cup size is a win for me!)
    - 13 yoga classes
    - Did a yoga with Adrienne video once when I missed a class (don’t enjoy yoga at home and rarely try this but glad I did; felt more relaxed after)
    - Was carrying this new 4 yo around a bunch these last few days. Finally weighed her - 43#. I used to carry that around (and more) everywhere I went!
    - Stayed right on my eating and yoga plan despite lots of schedule stressing events in recent week. This feels like such a win! If this didn’t knock me off track; I feel confident it is ingrained and part of who I am now.
    - Several work colleagues commented on my weight loss this month.
    - I served out cheese in seven burritos tonight. I did it with the bag of cheese on my scale and a goal of one serving per plate (28g). I grabbed 27-30g on each of those 7 occasions. This is happening more and more. I am really gaining in my ability to judge a serving of various foods.

Goals for April
    - Aim for 3-4 pounds of loss (had slowed my rate of loss down early in March but chasing this 4 yo around has resulted in larger losses the last week)
    - Stay on the same eating and yoga plan
    - Find 1-2 new outfits for spring, last years clothing from this time of year is falling off me
    - Keep PNP on in the shower a few days a week
    - No changes planned right now as things are chaotic in my life right now. Keep on track.

Looking forward to a great April team!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    Water: at least 8
    Exercise: 45 min walking video and walking Charlie(my grandpuppy) for 25 min. Can I count wrestling him into his harness for 10 min as strength? Lol!
    Steps: 12,034 steps

Good start to the month. I had a little epiphany, I need not only to get my exercise done early, I need to get up earlier and get it in earlier. It is amazing how quickly the day can go. Today is my last day of work! I am staying up and running until Friday for questions but my last visit. Another good thing, it is in my town so no traveling. Today is an urgent care which is a little weird, usually I go to doctor's offices. Oh well, got to run! Hope everyone has a great day!!

@gottagetthisdown How's it going? Hope all is well and this is just hormones or fluid. Hang in there and don't let this get you down.
    @twyla77 Thank you! I had a really good month! Sounds like you are off to a good start for April! Did you do a stretch routine on line or did you do your own. I really need to get back to doing something with stretching.
    @Julie8468 Julie! Hooray! Thanks for checking in! I agree with the water, unless you want to be up all night, you can't catch up in the evening Lol! Sounds like a busy day and you still got to the gym AND a ton of steps! Great start to April! If you have time, give us a little introduction. We would love to know a little about you. It doesn't have to be long.
    @phoebe112476 You never cease to amaze me! I do agree I think it is ingrained into you now. Between this and vacation...and maybe even the holidays? You really seem to take it all in stride and still do well eating on plan and exercising. That is what I am working on. You had a great month and you are off to another great start for this month. Have fun with spring shopping, that will be fun! I have a feeling you are going to need more than one to two outfits!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    pojqgllow69n.jpeg

We don't need to be perfect, we just need to keep going! Have a great day everyone!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Monday daily check in

food on tareget
    water on target
    exercise none

I was so tired yesterday I crawled into bed as soon as I could and slept. Then I woke up at 3am. The clocks went forward in the UK at the weekend and it is messing up everyone's sleeping pattern. I figured that as I did my long run on sunday I would move my rest day to Monday. My period pains are kicking my pants. I woke up really late and didn't get to the gym this morning but I figure I need a rest.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Food - great
    water - great
    exercise - 11,000+ steps and some yoga. I was actually running out of time so I did some yoga while I was cooking dinner. :)

Overall great day yesterday. Added my beloved mug muffin back into my diet for breakfast. It is made with an egg, avocado oil, almond flour, salt, vanilla, swerve (erythritol), vanilla, lemon extract and blueberries. Everything you need all in one muffin and very yummy and filling. Hasn't bothered me at all, so it's good to go! I stopped at Target on my way home to pick up some cilantro and of course shortened my evening. Had to multitask to get everything completed. On the plus side, I was out of my Cashew Fiesta dip from Trader Joe's and no other real good veggie dip that is dairy free and it suddenly hit me. Why can't I make my own guacamole? It was definitely short sighted on my end but right in front of me. My lunch is usually some sort of protein with broccoli, celery, tomato and 1/2 avocado with some dip. DUH!! :) And the benefit of making it myself, I get to control the onion. It's usually too strong for me!

Anyhoo...I'm planning to take Friday off work. It's going to be around 59 degrees so I'm going to do some outdoor work and indoor work. I love days like this all by myself! So...on that note...back to work so I can get everything done!!

Have a great Tuesday!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @amsandos Some times you just have to rest. Hope you are feeling better today. That springing ahead really can mess your internal clock off!
    @phoebe112476 Another nice loss! Whoo hoo! Goodbye 180s!
    @carlsoda I feel like you just have been on such a good streak with everything! I guess it is not really even a streak, you have made it your lifestyle! That is really progress! I am happy your mug muffin can stay! Sounds yummy! If you get a chance send me your guac and mug muffin recipe. Have a great day!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm alive lol.

Intro
    I'm Dana... I turn 31 next Saturday :o I live in Ohio near Cleveland/Lake Erie and I'm married with a four-legged child named Dennis (side note: he's so fluffy right now he looks like a baby bear and he gets his haircut today :'( ) I teach ~14 dance classes a week :# some competitive, some recreational, so I get really busy with them this time of year prepping for recital and traveling for competitions. I'm also dancing in a show on May 4th that I'm really excited about so goal is to lose like 4-5 lbs this month/before then.

Oh and I have a full time job (~32 hours in a good week)... as a payroll administrator. So. lol... I don't even know. I'm trying to get it together. March was so so busy for me I should have known ahead of time I would be a maintain month and I'm trying to accept that. At least I didn't gain! I'm working on strategies for a successful April. There's no reason it shouldn't be.

I feel so much better when it's like 50 and sunny out (currently). I wish I wasn't so effected by the weather and seasons. I always seem to barely get through March without offing myself. This year was better than the last 2 or 3 but still..

Ummmm weight-wise I'm at a "healthy" weight. In my life I've been extremely underweight and moderately overweight (by about 10-15 pounds). So I'm hanging out around 139-141 at the moment... I'm looking to lose 20ish pounds to get to my "happy" weight.

Foodwise... I've been a vegetarian for going on 15 years. I try to stick to an 18:6 intermittent fasting schedule. It's definitely helped me maintain and it's a lot easier for my schedule (not packing 5 meals a day for the days I'm gone like 14 hours) and I like volume eating so this has definitely been a positive thing for me. I've been pretty consistent with IF since 8/1/17!

Check in for: Monday 4/1
    Logged food: no... I didn't do too badly though... friend was in from out of state so we went out for tacos and margaritas. I knew we were going out so the only thing I ate before then was my kashi, greek yogurt, and an apple..
    Water: not sure! not enough
    Steps or exercise: none... I can't find my bella beat again :s it's been missing since I got back from Chicago... I still believe it has to be somewhere in my house though.

Goals for today:
    - drink more water than I did yesterday
    - log my food (I have to guess on one thing... coworker brought scones. But I remembered I brought our old food scale in so at least I can weigh it!)
    - Check in before I go to bed!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc good luck with your surgery!

Welcome newbies!!!!
    @Julie8468 & @summerandskye
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

MARCH GRAND FINALE!!!

As a whole we lost 244.8 lbs or 0.95% !!!

TEAM % LOST

1st - SHRINKING ASSETS- 1.61%
    2nd - WAIST AWAYS- 1.60%
    3rd - MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES- 1.32%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - SHRINKING ASSETS -66.4
    2nd - WAIST AWAYS- 58.0
    3rd - MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - 53.2

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @austinruadhain -6.18%
    2nd - @coleen312 - 5.16%
    3rd - @slimn2016 - 4.79%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @nuggetbrain - 11.6
    2nd -@coleen312 - 9.6
    2nc - @Luciicul - 9.6
    3rd - @Austinruadhain -9.3

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@reflectionofme
    @peria4686
    @martinsesther887
    @chrysaliscove
    @Angielove88
    @shadow2641
    @confidentraven
    @saramakingchanges
    @loriab901
    @mulecantor
    @jactop
    @gingerpwr
    @carlsoda
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Daily Check in for: Monday
    Food: Logged, under
    Water: 28 oz
    Exercise and steps: 30 min walking and 14,024 steps

Yesterday food was on target and I got a walk in. Today, I’m going to do yoga immediately after my daughter is down for nap to make sure I fit it in. My meals and snacks are planned, just need to log it and follow the plan.

@sleepymom5 You really accomplished a lot in March and are set up to do it again in April! And thanks for the update on Cyndie - I’ve been wondering how she was doing.

@Mrsbell8well I finally bought peppermint tea because of you! I have several mint-blend teas but I’m especially enjoying plain peppermint tea! I’m so glad you mentioned it!

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Welcome new members @julie8468 and @summerandskye as well as all our returnees!!

I’m Nancy, 49, originally from California but my husband and I relocated to Montana 7 years ago. We recently celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. We have 2 Brittany Spaniels who are my hiking companions which is my favorite form of exercise. My husband works on long term construction projects that take him away from home for extended periods of time. He’s been home since November which has been marvelous but leaves for Pennsylvania on Wednesday.

My story: I was born fat… a 10 lb 10 oz baby and struggled with being overweight during adolescence. My mother was always a dieter so with the help of one of “those” diets I lost a bunch of weight in my teens and remained slender into my 20’s until I got married and comfortable LOL Working a desk job with a 1 hr commute each way didn’t help and the weight crept on. When I quit smoking at 40 another 15 lbs crept on but the rails didn’t totally come off until shortly after relocating to Montana my mother passed away. Hubby was working in Oklahoma at the time and my father as well as my support system of friends and family were back in CA. I felt lost, isolated and wasn’t successfully navigating the grieving process. 40 lbs quickly crept on. Don’t know what happened but at the end of 2016 something snapped… a light went on…

I joined MFP, cut out processed foods and began strength training with light weights. I like to cook and love to eat so restricting calories doesn’t work for me. I began to look at food as nutrition and not a solution. Over time I’ve slowly lost almost 50 pounds and will reach that milestone this month. I’ve found MFP to be especially helpful in two areas… logging my food ahead of time and being a part of this group!!

I am so happy winter is over… I have trouble losing weight during the winter and lost a whopping 3.8 lbs but at least I didn’t gain! I will think about my goals for April and post those later.

Accessing this page continues to be problematic using the app so I need to try with my computer. I enjoy reading everyone's intros so hopefully can do that later today.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Water: around 10 cups
    Exercise: walk - 1hr, run intervals - 30 min, plank challenge - day 1
    Steps: 15,112

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

The weather is warming up, still a bit chilly, but getting there and the sun is out which is nice!

I am feeling good. Yesterday was not as successful as I would have liked, but I am feeling motivated.

I logged breakfast, lunch & most of my snacks. I ate a fairly light dinner, but hit the snacks a little too hard when I got home from work and skipped my workout. I still got in over 10K steps. I packed my breakfast and a few snacks, but I am not sure about lunch, decisions - decisions. I am planning on going to the gym after work, I should have about a 20K step day. I am going to walk at lunch as well.

I am taking it day by day, not going to let one day ruin my week. I got this!

Glad to hear @cyndiesstuff is feeling better! :smile:

I have been keeping up with everyone's posts, it helps me stay on track! You are all so inspiring!

Have a great day! :smiley:
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Even though I gained about .5 lb for the month of March I think I did OK. My eating was good - I was at or under my calories goal most of the time and of I went over one day the next was under - I did the water aerobics twice a week when the pool was open, I got in almost 180,000 steps for 58 miles.
    For April I need to get out walking more - hoping the weather cooperates more. I will eat more fresh vegetables and drink more water.

@sleepymom5 thanks for the update on cyndiestuff
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Can I change my weigh in day to Sunday? My work days are just too crazy right now. I’ll check in and post as soon as I get the chance. Thanks.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Check in

Logged and on track yesterday and today. Water on track too.

I think a couple people said they wanted to do the 100 ab challenge, so here are the first 2 days!

100 abs day 1

100 abs day 2
This discussion has been closed.