WEIGHT NO MORE - April 2019

Options

Replies

• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda i keep hearing about Swerve! i’m going to pick some up tomorrow! also your mug muffin sounds delicious!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Congratulations to @Nuggetbrain for the most pounds lost this month out of the entire challenge!! WTG!! Also congrats to our honorable mentions @GingerPwr and @carlsoda Awesome job ladies!!

I am pooped! I am done with work, now waiting for everything to be reviewed and then I can close down my very short career in chart auditing. Not a total loss, I was paid very well and now I know that it is not for me. I also know I would much rather be doing patient care than be looking at a computer.

I hope everyone is doing well, I know those who have checked in seem to be starting the month off right! I think April will be our month!

@DananaNanas You and that bella beat Lol! I hope you find it. I like your goals for the day. Keep it simple and build on that. You really have a good plan between all the dancing you get in, the IF and your healthy diet. I think sometimes you don't give yourself enough credit for how well you are doing. You really can do this!!
    @Shirin_K Looks like you are set for another good day! I drink peppermint tea because of @Mrsbell8well too! Lol! She should get a little commission from the tea company!
    @nstephenson01 I was wondering if you were still having trouble getting on here. Ugh! I was hoping that was fixed. I use the computer most of the time so I have been ok. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I know it is going to be tough. Hugs!
    @hope002 What a great start to April! Awesome day!
    @kirsten11872 I agree, one day at a time. If it doesn't go as planned, you didn't fail or mess up, just see what you can do better next time and tweek your plan. Before you know it there will be way more good days than bad days. You really got this!! By the way, I have my "just a Jersey Girl in a Pennsylvania world" shirt on . Lol!
    @pacsnc6 I agree, you definitely had a good month! The scale isn't the only indicator of success! I love your goals for April too. I am looking forward to nicer weather to get outside to walk too.
    @bmaison2014 We can change your weigh in day to Sunday. Do you want to keep this weeks on Monday? I thought you logged a loss on just the regular MFP newsfeed on that day so do you want to use that weight for this week and then start Sundays after that? I will wait to hear back before I switch you.
    @GingerPwr Looks like you are starting the month off right on track! Great job! Thank you for posting the challenge!
    @Mrsbell8well Keeping your Mom in my prayers. Hugs to you too . Hang in there
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    4khk0uohcuh3.jpeg

Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @Mrsbell8well

Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @Hkfleming
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01
    @Shirin_K
    @cyndiesstuff

Late Weigh Ins
    @bmaison2014 (waiting on your answer about this weeks weigh in)
    @summerandskye
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    check in for Tuesday
    Logged: yes, under
    Water: 10 cups
    Exercise: walk, plank challenge Day 2
    Steps: 15,134
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    check in for Tuesday
    Logged: yes, under
    Water: 10 cups
    Exercise: 45 min walking video
    Steps: 10,359 steps

It looks like it is going to be a nice day. Hoping to get outside and get a walk in later. Debating if I should do the Leslie Sansone video too. I do get a lot of steps in with that. I am a little bummed, my weight is up about 3 lbs but I don't know why. It has been for 2 days. I haven't done anything different so I am hoping it is hormonal or fluid. I am not going to stress and drink more water today. Half way through the week! Have a great day everyone!

@hope002 Another fab day! You are doing great!
    @GingerPwr Nice loss!
    @Mrsbell8well That is basically a maintain. I think that maintaining is good especially after your emotional/stressful weekend and what is going on with your Mom too. Keep doing what you are doing, the scale will catch up.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in: Tuesday
    Food: Logged, over
    Water: OK
    Exercise & steps: 3 mile dog walk; 15,950 steps

Hubby hit the road at 4 am this morning. Getting up to an empty house was harder than I thought it would be. Today's plan is just to stay super busy.

Whoo Hoo @cyndiesstuff is back!! glad to hear surgery went well and pain is minimal. Shout out to Jim for his wonderful care taking! Be sure to listen to your body and don't rush into too much too fast.

@Mrsbell8well So sorry to hear your mom is still struggling.

@sleepymom5 Congrats on finishing up the chart audit project. Now you can enjoy your time at the shore!

I'll focus on my April goals when I'm in a better frame of mine. Gotta run.. can't sit too long or I get weepy. Make it a great day team!

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Daily check in for Tuesday
    Food - logged & on target
    Water - I don’t know (that’s not too good)
    Exercise - Physio & 10983 steps, including an exercise walk (hurray)!

My leg continues to feel pretty good! Good enough to go for a long walk, so fingers crossed!

@cyndiestuff - So glad that the surgery went well, that the pain is not bad and you are recovering nicely. I had an ovary & tube removed 5 years ago for cysts. It was a laporascopic surgery, but I had that post surgery exhaustion. It can be hard for a busy person to rest, but it is so important for recovery. So keep those feet up and take some naps! Sending you a big hug!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff - welcome back! I am so glad surgery is over and you're on the other side healing. What a wonderful man you have too!!

@sleepymom5 - YAY you are done with your chart auditing. Good to learn office work isn't for you. See...I could never be a nurse..never in a million years. I like my tidy, clean, germ free office :) (and my mom so wanted me to be a nurse and I knew it wasn't for me!)

@Mrsbell8well - hope your mom is ok. Poor thing.

Here's a couple of recipes Pam asked for:

Mug Muffin:

In a microwaveable cup mix: 1 egg, 1 tbsp oil or melted butter, dash of salt, 1/4 tsp baking powder, a splash of vanilla, a sprinkling of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp (or more to taste) of a sweetener. I use swerve as it has no aftertaste. Mix well. Add in 4 tbsps of almond flour and mix well. Add in some blueberries (I use frozen wild), mix. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Adjust cooking time to your microwave. My is a cheap weak one :) Enjoy!

Guacamole:

2 ripe avocados - mashed
    add: 1 diced tomato (1 used a small one)
    salt
    pepper
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    cilantro

adjusted spices to taste. I used more cilantro than I did garlic and onion powder.

Mix and enjoy. It keeps well in the fridge is you layer plastic wrap on top of the guac to keep the air out.

• carlsoda
    Options
    Hello beautiful people! I hope you all are doing well. I went to see the nutritionist on Monday, we went over my meal planning for the past 2 weeks. She gave me some insights on what I can do differently to manage my weekend eating, which was to carry small snacks with me or if I'm going to dinner look at the menu ahead of time when I am not hungry.

Monday and Tuesday were good workout, eating and water drinking days. 2 days down 5 days to go.

Glad you were able to get in and see the nutritionist! I hope it really helps you! Keep us updated!! :)
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Tuesday Check In:

Food - great
    Water - great
    Exercise - 11,000+ steps and 20 minutes Yoga with Adriene!

Overall a great day!!

• Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Daily Check in for: Tuesday
    Food: Logged, under
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise and steps: 20 min yoga and 11,878 steps

I did yoga and mostly stuck to my food plan yesterday. I’ve had a sore throat the past few days so that’s a bit frustrating. It’s like a repeat of the beginning of March! But what I learned from March was that a sudden gain from sickness will eventually all come off… so if I’m up tomorrow I will try not to freak out!

@cyndiesstuff I’m glad to hear surgery went well and happy to have you back. You were missed!

@nstephenson01 Thinking of you! That’s so tough!

• sleepymom5
    Options
    @bmaison2014 Thank you! Sorry for being annoying! Lol! I did message the higher ups to change your weigh in to Sunday.
    @nstephenson01 Hugs! Glad you have your two furry buddies with you. xoxo
    @gottagetthisdown Weekends can be tough. Those are great tips from the nutritionist. I also try to plan as much as I can for the weekends. That helps too. Looks like you are starting April off right! Great job!!
    @Cafelelia I did see you posted that walk and at a pretty quick pace (for us non runners) . Hope you felt good after. I am so happy you are starting to feel back to normal. Just in time for the nice weather!
    @carlsoda I actually think I could make both of those! Lol! Thank you for posting! Looks like you are continuing your awesomeness into April! You are off to a great start!
    @Shirin_K I hope whatever it is goes away soon. You have been doing great so don't let the scale derail you if you are up. Illness can do that.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff Glad it went well and you’re healing fast!
This discussion has been closed.