WEIGHT NO MORE - April 2019

Options

Replies

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & TGIF!

I am feeling good! I had a great week, stayed on track with food & exercise. I just need to keep it up over the weekend. I have no plans that involve food, so I should be able to stay on track over the weekend. I should definitely have a loss at tomorrow's weigh-in, not sure what my total will be. I thought it was going to be more, but when I weighed myself this morning I was down almost 3 pounds, I am happy with it, but I thought it was going to be higher. I still have today to add to it.

@cyndiesstuff glad your mom is doing better! It is not easy to stay on track and plan during stressful times, good for you! Glad you are cleared to get back to normal activity, I am sure you are very happy!

Have a great day & weekend! :smiley:
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    4czy29wchh1u.jpg

Changing direction in your life is hard and I will use the following analogy to explain why. Imagine if you will.... a giant sand hill.

At the top of the hill, there is a giant metal ball. You push that ball down the left side of the hill and it creates a small groove in the sand. Next time when you are at the top of the hill with the same ball, you push it to the left and it is easier to push and follows the same path. Over time you hardly have to touch the ball and it goes into the groove that is now a lot deeper and the sand has become really packed down, almost like cement. The groove to the left becomes a well worn path and the ball cruises effortlessly down the hill that way.

Now imagine that your at the top of the hill and you want to start the ball rolling down the right side instead. The first time you roll it, you really have to push hard to get it started - even harder than you did when you first started to roll the ball down the left side. The balls momentum, the worn path to the left, has been cemented in by years of repetition. The ball automatically wants to go that way. But you have decided that you want the ball to go to the right. With much expended energy, you push hard to the right and the ball rolls down the right side, starting a new groove.

The second time you push the ball to the right, it becomes a little easier. Over time, the groove on the left side starts to refill with sand and the groove on the right starts to get cemented in. After the 4th or 5th time of pushing the ball down the right side, you get tired. After all, you have had to work twice as hard to make this new groove on the right. You are not only creating a new groove on the right but also changing the balls tendency to want to automatically go to the left - like it had done for years. You have worked WAY harder creating this new groove than you had worked when you started this ball rolling journey in the first place. You assume that because you have been rolling it down the right side for some time now that it will just automatically roll toward the right. You just let the ball go. Because the groove on the left was very deep, very compacted and had been created over years, the ball automatically takes the path of least resistance and also very quickly creates original groove on the left without any problem.

In order to make true change you need grit. Grit is consistency, tenacity, and perserverance. You must have grit to change the direction of the ball. It is the only way to truly change course. Eventually, the groove on the left with disappear and the easy path will now be on the right. Just keep pushing that ball down the right side of the hill.

hc1oszilokeq.jpg

s41y8ufb4aek.jpg

gcqgabc2oknn.jpg

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @carlsoda ahh that is just a small gain. you can do this. make a couple of adjustments and your good. I just listened to a podcast this morning about the exact same thing about the sugar and flour. and I love the beck diet solution. it really helps with the mental part of weight loss. good job at continuing the learning process. and your really need Grit to make this whole thing work, no just consistency. and you are working it girl!!

@hope002 wooo whooo, I am doing the happy dance all around my office. that is great. you keep that up. look out onederland. you are going to be there soon. you should really reward yourself when you get there (not with food of course) something that will make you smile and remember all the credit worthy acts that you have done to work toward your goal. and thanks for the supportive words. I love all of my team members and am personally invested in their success. so the more I can help you the better it makes me feel. Win Win!

@kirsten11872 sounds like you are on a good path. your building that new groove on the right side!! spend some time today making a plan for your weekend. weekends can be tough but you can do it. I need to make my weekend plan to.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Thursday
    Food: Logged, under
    Water: Too much LOL
    Exercise & Steps: 30 minute dog walk; 17,988 steps

Finished putting gravel down on the paths between the garden beds. Not sure the old, overweight Nancy could have accomplished that by herself in 4 days so was feeling pretty proud of myself. I'm not sure why it takes me so long to decide to do something new on my own. I signed up for a Yoga & Herbal Remedy 6 class series that I'm excited about. Before moving to Montana, I practiced yoga two nights a week... took me forever to start but it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Here 7 years later I still haven't taken another yoga class. Tomorrow's session is about digestive health!

@sleepymom5 I am terrible at judging my hunger so I like the 75% of the plate idea, especially when eating out. I'm going to keep that in mind. Have fun at the wedding!
    @lennoncpa thanks for sharing the story about your friend's grandfather! Yes, what an inspiration!
    @carlsoda I think being aware is half the battle. If you can do Whole30, you can get control again. You have a lot of tenacity!! I think its important to keep blood sugar level in check. I eat healthier if its not spiking.
    @cyndiesstuff Great analogy!! Thanks!!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I did plan a reward for when I get to 93kg (205lbs) - mani-pedi, right on time for spring and really looking forward to it. Then at 90kg (198lbs) I want to reward myself again, but I can't think of a good one... shouldn't be too big and definitely NOT food related. Any suggestions?
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    z7echtojvja7.jpg
  • cyndiesstuff
    edited April 2019
    Options
    rstz6gdqt4tw.jpg

4/25 Thursday Team weight no more

@GingerPwr
    @Mrsbell8well 80 min exercise, 11,597 steps-Triple/double
    @pacsnc6 50 min exercise, 7,200 steps-Double
    @hope002 77 min exercise, 10,926 steps-Triple/double
    @carlsoda 11,754 steps- Double
    @Julie8468 - strike out

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    Week 4
    PW 152.4
    CW152.0

Sorry for posting my check in so late today, but better late than never! We are leaving for Florida for a week tomorrow do have been scrambling to get everything done. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff so sorry to hear about your mom, i’m sending prayers and peace and keeping your family in my thoughts.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff baseball 12,869 steps
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Baseball Yoga 20 minutes steps 5355
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff yes your right about my low steps. That’s been bugging me too. At work I have long phone lists I have been working my way through that require logging info as well. I love the work so it’s hard to break focus.
    Being that I have an addictive personality I decided to use that to my advantage. It seems that I enjoy change and always need something to focus on. Last week I dug out my old goal categories in my journal. There are 12 of them. Molly and I discussed all of them. I pondered how to make this work for me. 1 a month? I tried that before to some success. Molly suggested one a week over the next year. I love that idea. The first category was money. Which is why I spent both days last weekend revamping our whole financial world. Each day we have had tasks such as opening another bank account, setting up a budget and savings plan, assessing our rental property, buying groceries on a budget, shopping for clothes to add to my core needs list using gift cards (and yes @sleepymom5 you are correct I do need everything), consolidating all home bills under a joint account, leveling our electric bills so each month is the same etc. today I will put my beautiful Dr. Martens Victorian Floral boots on EBay (first time seller) that we’re way too big...only wore once and paid $200. Still have the box. And lastly we are going to write a list of all things we want to buy and start a wish list. New bike rack, another manicure, trip to DC with Skylynn as a reward for straight A’s 2 X in a row. We want to take her to the Smithsonian museums. We did extremely well this week on money. I already have May budget set up and ready to go.
    Next goal category starting Monday is exercise. Daily 10K steps, continue daily yoga, training for 10K run, and adding strength training and ab challenge. Also want to calendar fun times with wifey...hiking, biking, ping pong and frisbee golf.
    Today I’m helping my daughter pack. She’s moving in w her boyfriend.
    I’m a great sleeper but last 2 nights not so much. I don’t think I’m eating enough at night to hold me. Always a learning tweaking process.
    Sorry this is so long but it’s hard for me to post during the week. 2 more things...
    Both my teams rose in rankings. We went up the scale 11 and 12 places. Pretty remarkable. Our hard work is showing. I’m determined to hit the top two spots. My teams are jubilant.
    And lastly...Molly’s mom is such a saint. She dedicated her life to taking in older animals. After she passed we took in her old cat Minnie. She had no teeth and had to drag her back legs. We started her in Molly’s office with the door closed. These last 2 weeks we left the door open when we were home much to the delight of Lula Mae. She was fascinated. Minnie is the spunkiest cat I ever met. She crawled her way all over the kitchen and living room. She loved drinking out of the dog bowl. But her favorite thing was to climb into Lula Maes huge dog bed didn’t matter if it was occupied or not. Minnie brought great joy into our life. She passed peacefully in her sleep yesterday.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    4/26
    Steps 6426
    Water aerobics 55 minutes
    Walk 30 minutes
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    abvm2td7anbi.png
    Minnie and Lula Mae
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. Sorry was MIA a couple of days. Thursday was a bad day. Friday was better. Both, unfortunately, were strike outs.

Got diagnosed with severe generalized anxiety disorder. It makes so much sense. My brain is always in a spin cycle of worry. So much so that it gets in the way of doing even simple things like exercising, school work, laundry, or sleeping.

So today I am going to start by giving myself some structure and getting back to daily yoga.

I'm still so grateful for this group, even though I haven't been very present in it lately. Sorry I'm not doing as well in the baseball challenge but I'll get back on track.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 4
    Pw- 194.6
    Cw- 194.4

Ok my weight is going in the right direction but I'd like to see 1 pound losses each week. I will make sure I'm under my calorie goal for the next week.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Check in for: Friday
    Ate: yes on track
    Water: over 60 oz
    Exercise & steps: 30 minute walk and 16401 steps

it was a very long day yesterday. i had nothing to do at work. so i am back to the same ole thing. i spent the day pacing the office. sure.... there was somethings that i could have done but it was mondays work. so i did nothing. the ole boy wanted to go out to eat yesterday. he wanted Chinese. i had wonton soup and a egg roll. i took a few bits of my sesame chicken but was full so i asked for a box. yay me! sat there and people watched while Jim ate his dinner. we chatted and laughed. it was really nice. today i have to take the pup to the vet, then go to my folks house. mom is home from the hospital. she sounded good so i didn't go over yesterday. jim will be gone for the day. he is helping his son move. i offered to help but the son said they have plenty of help. no room for me i guess. whatever. spoiled rotten brat.

@nstephenson01 ohhhhh girl that is a great nsv. look at the new nancy go!! doing the landscaping all by yourself. super proud of you too. and yoga!! now your showing me. sure is funny how time slips away from us.

@hope002 how beautiful. what a treat for your hard work. pretty toes and fingers. love feeling like a lady! and for you next reward how about a new profile pic! sure would love to see your progress!!

@Julie8468 ohhh man. thats ok. you knew it was going to happen. you planned for it and now your moving on! you got this. ohhh yea, and smile, it looks good on you. speaking of looking good, your not new anymore, how bout a profile pic. lol

@Cafelelia good job at the scale continuing to move down. will you be able to weigh in next week from florida? you have fun and make a plan!!

@twyla77 thanks we sure can use prayers. Gods ear has been burning up with all the love coming from our team!!

@Mrsbell8well i love your refocus. do you have a bluetooth phone? i know that really helps me be more active. ahhh.... and sorry about kitty cat. you made her last days wonderful. how sweet. made me tear up a little and i didn't even know the cat!! and what a sweety lula mae is. look at her letting kitty sleep in her bed. so fricken sweet. now i am crying. thanks angelina!!

@GingerPwr yea. that is a tough disorder. but it can be over come. the brain is a very hard thing to figure sometimes. take your medication on time. that is very important to be consistent. and if the medicine does not seem to be helping. don't be afraid to speak up. not all anxiety meds work the same for everybody. and you don't need to be sorry. life is hard but your tougher. you will get this, i promise.

@Zumba_Luvah hey!!! be positive. you are learning a whole new life style. read my post above about the sand hill. eventually, if you continue you will be on the right side!!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    DananaNanas
    Friday
    Week 3
    Previous: 139
    Current: 139.8
This discussion has been closed.