WEIGHT NO MORE - April 2019

Options

Replies

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just caught up with days of posts. I see some of you are doing well and some are struggling! Life can be crazy, with just have to try to do the best we can.

I am feeling good! I was very happy with my weigh-in on Saturday. I had a bumpy ride with my eating over the weekend. I was out all weekend and it was very hard to stay on plan with my eating, but I did workout. I got right back on track on Monday. The 18:6 IF seems to be working, I am really sticking to it. I have green tea & water until I eat my first meal around 2:00 or so. I have my normal breakfast, yogurt, fruit, granola etc, for lunch and a few snacks, then I have dinner. I am feeling good! I should have another loss on Saturday. Keeping up with my workouts is also helping.

@Mrsbell8well you have made an amazing change in a year's time. From 3X to size 6! The smaller you get and the closer you are to goal, the harder it is to lose the weight. You must be close to goal! A size 6 is small. Good for you!

@sleepymom5 you will get back on track! You are so supportive! It is always easier to give advice to others, we do not always follow what we preach. Hang in there! I love baseball, DIE HARD Yankees fan! I like to go to the games once the weather warms up.

@cyndiesstuff I am so sorry you are going through such a tough time! Make sure to get help for your depression. You can't help others if you don't take care of yourself. I was studying with my son for his health test last night. He had to write down the 5 steps in decision making, exactly what you have in your post. Identify the problem, Consider your options, Evaluate your consequences, Decide & act, Review your results. Hopefully he can remember for his quiz today, lol.

Have a great day! Welcome to May! Hoping to get some Spring weather soon! :smiley:
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff what a day!!!! So sorry to hear about all of your troubles!
    @eyesopennow welcome back!
    @sleepymom5 I don't mind my day job, it can be stressful but I do like it for what it is. I'll check out the podcasts! I listen to a lot of podcasts... I commute like 7-8 hours a week! O_O
    @nstephenson01 "gravity"?! :D
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    The Phit n phat gal did a Facebook Live session today on self sabatoge. I thought it was really good and now I have alot to think about because I am totally in that phase right now LOL

Did anyone else happen to watch it?
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda Nice day!!
    @nstephenson01 I didn't have the best April either. Hope you find a yoga studio/teacher that you like. I missed it but I am going to listen when she posts it on the podcasts. I may need to listen to that one!
    @cyndiesstuff . Thank you, you are the best. With everything else going on with you I forgot to mention how great it was that you reached out to a counselor. I loved your example above to. It is amazing how much of a difference our thought can make. (If that makes sense Lol!)
    @kirsten11872 You have been doing great! I love when I see your killer workouts come up on my newsfeed! Keep it up!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    - Ran into a store and threw together two work outfits in a crazy hurry (only had 15 minutes but things were getting desperate). Walked out with a better idea of my size which included a size medium top (started in August at 2x). Feel better able to order a few things on-line now that I know my size. Also - discovered I am not a fan of the current “ankle” length pants that filled the store. This will be helpful since avoiding them was very hard (but landed me in the clearance section - yay!).
    - Made the 55 pounds lost milestone today, officially.
    - Two people commented today, “you look great”
    - Sorry to hear of those struggling, but so glad you are sharing the struggles with this team.
    - Onward we go. Tomorrow is another day.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @phoebe112476 Wow! That is awesome! I love hearing all your successes-scale and Non scale. Since you probably need a lot, maybe you should look in some thrift stores. I found some things for my job with tags on still. They may also have a more of a selection of non ankle pants there.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Baseball 5/01 12,688 steps
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    check in for Wednesday
    Logged: yes, under
    Water: 10+cups
    exercise: 75 min hot yoga, 7 min plank challenge
    steps: 4,221

I didn't go for a walk today, but I am sort of back on track and plan on getting better.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Wednesday
    Ate: yes on track
    Water: over 60 oz
    Exercise & steps: 30 minute walk and 12425 steps

my day yesterday was filled with making plans for my honeymoon. i have taken a week for us to enjoy. new york, new jersy, maine, Connecticut. i planed the map yesterday. today i will plan the days and look for lodging. i wish someone would do it for me. lol. my work will pay off. it will be fun. i can do this. i will plan a good trip. i am feeling defeated this morning. i am working on my thoughts. i am trying to get counseling. but now, the one i was talking with to set the appt. is feuding with my insurance company about unpaid claims. their office is not taking new patients with my insurance right now. and the nearest place that supposedly does accept it is 70 minutes from my house and 30 minutes from my work. i will not give up tho. times like these call for persistance and tenacity. and the weight gain thing. not worried about it. i will figure this out. i am making a plan. my food is planned for the day. i have written it down. and i am going to stay on track. i have super glued my wheels to the track. time for some forward momentum.

@sleepymom5 wooooo whooo look at those steps!! and josh was in rehab about a year ago. he did good for a while and has now relapsed. i am not sure what happens. i told him tho, he cant move in with me and if he loses his funding, he will be homeless. he can't keep a job because of his handicap. i told him i cannot support him. no, if the federal agency finds out his is doing drugs, they have a no tolerance policy. and no my ex is a drunk and is in prison right now because he keeps drinking and driving. mom is doing some better. she did not go back to the hospital. but i called her doc and had him put her on an antidepressant. i think that is some of her problem.

@carlsoda thanks for the hugs. i sure can use them right now.

@nstephenson01 omgosh girl. look at those steps. april was a fail for me too. may will be out month. love your attitude about the yoga. you are really making great progress. and thanks for the concern. life goes on and we keep moving forward. no giving up allowed. i am going to list to that podcast at work today!!

@kirsten11872 i am so glad you are feeling good. IF is a tough go but you are doing it girl!! and lol. you and your son were studying my post. i don't think they ever taught that when i went to school.

@DananaNanas thanks for the concern. i am a tough ole bird. i will figure this out.

@phoebe112476 wooo whooo mediums!!! you are a rock star. today... you are my motivation to stick to my plan and do the next best thing!! and yahh i am not into ankle pants either. i am so short already they make me look like a munchkin!!

@hope002 you can do this. i know it's tough. no one ever said it would be easy but it is worth it. now lets make may marvelous!!

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    dj80un2xqz6e.jpg

Wednesday 5/1 Team Weight no more baseball

@GingerPwr steps -
    @Mrsbell8well minutes and steps -
    @pacsnc6 steps and minutes -
    @hope002 82 minutes and 4221 steps - double
    @carlsoda 12688 steps - double
    @Julie8468 minutes and steps -
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Aren’t we done with baseball yet????
    Yoga 32
    Steps 10,602
    Abs 6 minutes
    Weights 15 minutes
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well from my understanding Saturday is the last day. But I'll double-check.
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Food: logged, under, longest logging streak ever! Thanks to all of you :smile:
    Water: not much, under 2L
    Exercise & steps: 25 minutes elliptical (planned to be longer but life got in the way) and 8,424 steps

Got to go, but @cyndiesstuff - my 2 cents: consider phone counselling with someone else, given the distance meet them less often. I needed help Asap many times, I found over the phone was just what I needed. I worked through my thoughts, feelings and more and was able to get what I needed. I also did face to face in person, that was good too. Both left me with a sense of calm and peace of mind.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Ate: logged and on track
    Water: over 80 oz
    Exercise & steps: 20 minute walk and 5920 steps

I actually thought I had a horrible day yesterday. I didn't do too bad except for the exercise and steps. Today I am going to get a good walk in and clean. I didn't get any spring cleaning done at all this week. Just a lot of running around. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with life right now so I am going to make a big "to do" list and start getting things done instead of having them hanging over my head. I need to plan a trip to see my Mom for her 84th BD early June and also to see my friend who had the stroke who is in Ga. She isn't doing well, she still requires a lot of care and is depressed. I am having trouble coordinating my schedule with my other friends. She is 7 hours from my Mom so I am trying to figure out if there is anyway to combine the two trips. I think it may be cheaper to do two separate trips. Ugh! I really think if I get stuff done and clear my head it will help me focus on what I need to do here instead of going through the motions. So for today-my mini goals and LOGGING my food-I am actually going to prelog since I do have it all planned. I am also going to plan my trip and get at least one room spring cleaned. No news on the apartment search, she said she set up an appointment for Friday. The one apartment I looked up online as she told me it was above a Mexican market. It doesn't look like it is in the best neighborhood but it is a dream of hers to live above a Mexican market. I think the underlying stress of her being here AND going to an unsafe area is also a little much too. I really don't have any choice where she goes and she isn't interested in what we have to say so not much I can do but worry. Oh well, today is going to be a good day. I am sure once I start getting stuff done my attitude will change. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

@hope002 Looks like you a doing better. Just take one day at a time. Awesome workout yesterday, great water intake, and looks like your food is good...Looks like a successful day.
    @cyndiesstuff What an awesome plan for your honeymoon! We did that a long time ago so I can't even give you suggestions on where to stay. How exciting! I am sorry about your son, maybe now that he knows that there is a chance he will lose where he lives and that people know what he is up to, this will give him the kick in the butt and he will straighten out or get help. It isn't easy even after they are grown. Too bad his dad isn't around to help, doesn't sound like he would be much help anyway. I am glad your Mom didn't have to return to the hospital. Fingers crossed the antidepressant works for her. I also like @Julie8468's suggestion about therapy via phone. Idk how it would work but I know MK does talk to her counselor by phone a lot and it does help. You have so much going on all at one time, you really need to see someone (as you already know, I know that) Hugs my friend!
    @gottagetthisdown The eating is the hardest part for me. You are really working on it and you will figure it out. I love those running shoes! Hope the running works out for you, sounds like something you really want to do. You really are turning things around and doing it the right way. You saw a problem and figured out what you needed to do and reached out to the proper people. You are going to do this!!
    @Mrsbell8well Lol! I think everyone is feeling that way about the baseball.
    @julie8468 Congrats on your logging streak! You have been such a supportive member of our team, I am so glad you are here!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Julie8468 wrote: »
    Food: logged, under, longest logging streak ever! Thanks to all of you :smile:
    Water: not much, under 2L
    Exercise & steps: 25 minutes elliptical (planned to be longer but life got in the way) and 8,424 steps

Got to go, but @cyndiesstuff - my 2 cents: consider phone counselling with someone else, given the distance meet them less often. I needed help Asap many times, I found over the phone was just what I needed. I worked through my thoughts, feelings and more and was able to get what I needed. I also did face to face in person, that was good too. Both left me with a sense of calm and peace of mind.

@cyndiesstuff - I was just going to recommend phone counselling as well. It's free with my insurance, so I bet it's the same with yours. Sending you HUGE hugs today!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Food - really good - just 100 calories over but since I don't count my exercise I'm good!!
    Water - lots and lots and lots
    Exercise - 12,000+ steps, 20 minutes yoga and a 30 second plank. One step at a time :)

Over all a really good day. I've now switched back to my yummy mug muffins (low carb of course) and I've added hemp hearts to them to add a nutty taste. So good!!

Tonight we have my inlaws and daughter over for dinner. I'm going to make wild rice soup (dairy free and low carb'ish) I have such an easy delicious recipe, I can whip it together pretty fast after work.

Hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful day!!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

There are a few more days left for the MAY REGISTRATION to get new people into our challenge...

I would like to ask all of us to help recruit... PLEASE, post something on your MFP wall about this site and containing links to the group page and the registration page. Post a "plug" for the group! Also, feel free to do any individual recruiting you can, especially if you are in multiple groups.

It's always better to have friends and family here with us!!!

Steve
This discussion has been closed.