Exercise 20 minutes walk, 35 minutes weights and 11 minutes plank challenge
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Thursday
    Ate: ate over
    Water: over 42 oz
    Exercise & steps: 30 minute walk and 10753 steps

so i am plugging along with my day yesterday and i get a phone call at 11:30. my mom keeps passing out and waking back up and having what looked like seizures. Thank God the visiting nurse was there. 911 was on their way and i left work to meet them at the hospital 45 minutes away. i got there and we waited. when we finally got called back to her trauma room. she was awake but wasn't talking. it was soooo scary. she would start gasping for air and then go in to convulsions and then pass out. come to find out her heart kept stopping and starting. they put in a temporary pacemaker and she is going to have surgery to have a permanent on put in soon. when i left the hospital last night. she was soooo much better. the machine was making her heart beat regularly. she was able to eat a little and drink a little and was able to carry on normal conversations with me, dad, and the hospital nurses and doctors. i am going to work this morning and my dad is going to call me and let me know if they get the surgery scheduled today. i sure hope so. and so i continue to eat my emotions. i am learning thru this whole thing that my emotions are so close tied to my eating. i have learned in my many years that if it feels bad, it shouldn't so eat and make it go away. negative emotions are all part life. without negative emotions we would not be able to experience positive ones. it is all part of the human experience.

@gottagetthisdown love your new shoes. they are soo cute. take it easy at first. a mile is along way when your running.

@Julie8468 yeah, my insurance doesn't have a phone counselor yet either. i told them yesterday, come onnnn this is the year 2019. get with the times. sometimes life happens but we need to learn to continue anyway. what could you have done differently? prepare a contingency plan for next time. trust me there will be a next time. and you know? your husband can be pissed. it is part of the human experience. you don't have to get upset because he is pissed. what you thought about him being pissed is what upset you. you are the only one who can control your thoughts. i am sorry your home life is hard. but hurting yourself will not fix it. and it is ok to feel overwhelmed that is part of the human experience too. but what you need to work on is how you feel about the overwhelm. what have you made overwhelm mean? do some more journaling. overwhelm to me means, that there are challenges ahead that i need to face. make your next best decision.

@sleepymom5 i love your list. every weekend i make a list of the things i want to get accomplished. i scratch them off as i complete the task. it helps you feel good about your accomplishments. i will be thinking of you. hope your to do list gets smaller and your house guest gets a place to live.

@carlsoda nope. my insurance does not have a phone counselor. they said they are working on it. have fun with your inlaws sounds like a nice evening.

@nstephenson01 welll..... you new it was coming. shake it off. figure out your why and move on. i agree... my idiot brain seems to be in control. i need to quit playing in my dirty diaper and change!! lets do it in May.

@Shirin_K agree! a lot of us have struggled in april. what kind of changes will you make in may? start brainstorming now. lets make may better than april.

@kirsten11872 look at you hanging in there with IF. good job being consistent. is this something you will do forever? or will you figure out maintenance when you get there?

@lennoncpa lol. i use to clog when i was a kid. we even went to holland, MI and i got a real pair of wooden clogs! have fun on your trip!

@pacsnc6 sleep is so important. and it is really hard when we know that and just can't sleep. life is so much more difficult when you don't get enought zzzsss.

@Mrsbell8well i bet you looked amazing in your pretty spring outfit. i am sooo glad you are feeling great.

@GingerPwr we will be going to the may thread on sunday. but we haven't gotten the link yet. when we do, we will share.

@hkfleming woooo whooo,,,, nice loss. how are you doing?

@hope002 ohhh girl! there you go again! being all productive and such. awesomeness at it finest. keep that up.
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I’m so sorry that your insurance doesn’t have therapy over the phone! And hope your mom gets the care she needs, now that they know what is going on. Thank you for the advice on my emotions, yeah, in hindsight it wasn’t such a big deal. Just needed to sleep on it and calm down. So silly of me. Thank you for taking the time to talk to each of us and being so supportive.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Baseball Thursday 5/2
    steps 7150
    exercise 20 minutes walk, 20 minutes planting vegetables
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Week 5
    Friday weigh day
    PW 166.2
    CW 166.4
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Weigh In
    April week 5
    PW 148.2
    CW 145.2
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Food - great
    Water - great
    Exercise - 15,000+ steps, no yoga

Overall a great day and I even turned down dessert last night because I wanted a good weigh in this morning :)

It's going to be a crazy crazy weekend...today my niece graduates from college. We won't be able to make her graduation as my hubs has his 3 month check up (he had melanoma 2 years ago) and we don't want to postpone his appt.

Then we're invited for pizza and treats tonight - may pass on that as I don't want to be tempted.

Then to continue her celebrations, brunch on Saturday. I think we'll go to that one!

Sunday - our little grandson gets baptized and we'll be tied for for the day. On Tuesday he goes in for surgery (boo!) he was born with a cataract, so they are going to take it out and he'll have to wear a contact and patch his good eye until he's about 8 years old. Then they can put a new lense in. Poor baby.

@cyndiesstuff - your poor mom! I am glad the pacemaker is working - whew!!! And I hope the surgery goes nice and smooth and she starts to feel better day by day. Sending prayers!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Sorry I came on to post yesterday then got called away at work. One of the teachers made it seem like an emergency that she needed to leave. Said she was sick when she was really just tired and overworked, really!!! Get a new job then you work with 4 year olds. So my weight is back up. It just likes to go up and down. Makes me crazy. This week my son was to urgent care last Saturday they said he had strep throat, by Tuesday he was in the emergency room with 3 infections in his mouth. He had to go to the dentist right after that and they made him see a surgeon. The surgeon saw him yesterday and said my son has the worst luck ever, 2 of his wisdom teeth came through at the same time and became infected and was having to have them pulled first thing this morning before the guy saw any other patients. Poor kid can't catch a break. My son told the Dr his 2019 hasn't been so great yet anyway. Hopefully things can only get better for this kid.

@cyndiesstuff sorry about your mom. That's scary. My dad had a pacemaker defibilator for many years. Kept his ticket going, he always said.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    pfcr4ueb2l80.png

Thursday 5/2 Team Weight no more baseball

@GingerPwr steps -
    @Mrsbell8well minutes and steps -
    @pacsnc6 40 minutes and 7150 steps -single
    @hope002 66 minutes - triple
    @carlsoda 15515 steps - triple
    @Julie8468 strike out
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 138.0
    Today's weight: 139.0
    Steps: 53,201
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Username: hope002
    Weigh in Week: week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 206.1
    Today's weight: 208.8
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I am glad they know what's going on with your mom's heart. I hope she gets her surgery soon and starts feeling better.
    Try to remember all the positive advises you post here for all of us and it will help you with your emotional eating. I know, because it helped me on a several occasions.
    Stay strong, you can do it!!!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & TGIF!!! :smiley:

I am still on my streak! I am feeling great! Yesterday was my usual gym day to do the elliptical, when I got there, the gym was closed, they are upgrading the equipment. I went home, ate dinner, then decided since I was already in my workout clothes, to do my workout. I started at 9:00 pm, I am proud of myself. I did not use the gym being closed as an excuse. I told myself, you know you will feel better if you workout, so I did! The scale was down again this morning, not a lot, but I will take anything. Tonight is my gym night, they said they are not sure if they will be open yet, so I will call later today, if they are closed, I will workout from home again and tomorrow morning. I am hoping to be down another pound by tomorrow's weigh-in.

@Mrsbell8well I love your confidence! I'm sure your outfit looked great! Enjoy your success!

@cyndiesstuff I am so sorry about your mom, that is scary! I am glad she is doing better! Keep us posted on her surgery.

@ljdanny sorry about your son. I hope he feels better!

@carlsoda enjoy the weekend! Hope all goes well with your grandson's surgery!

@lenka1 people like to ask for unsolicited advice. They think you want or need to hear their opinions. Don't let it bother you, in one ear and out the other! You need to do what makes you feel good, you are never going to please everyone, just please yourself!

Have a wonderful day & great weekend! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.