WEIGHT NO MORE - April 2019

Options

Replies

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't log, but only had breakfast and a late lunch.

A little water and no exercise. Spent almost the whole day doing school work. This not having a planning period is good and bad. It forces me to get stuff done but wow... so much work.

Still in limbo, but I tend to eat when i'm bored more than when i'm upset, so not worried about that. I just have to put forth the effort to eat healthy when I do eat.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @lenka1 I loved swimsuitsforall.com. They will have ur size. I bought 2 bikinis when I was at my largest size ever. 2X. They fit well and great quality. First time I’ve worn a bikini since I was 15. But I didn’t care. I felt cute in their suits. I’m a size 6-8 now so I’m really giddy about looking for a few new suits this year. I might start with Ross and TJ Max.
    Ck this article out as well.
    d7xzyavm1vtb.png
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @julie8468 hey I like the new name u gave me lol.
    @lenka1 your right it’s not worth it to skip work outs just because I was feeling lazy. So many benefits to staying with it. When I started back up my yoga I thought “what the heck...who’s body is this?” Simple positions that I never think about were challenging. But I don’t care...I’m back and sore but happy and strong. I have a hard one scheduled this morning. I love it!!!
    @cyndiesstuff I would agree about the smoking analogy. I’m wondering what you stocked your fridge with that keeps you maintaining addictive patterns? I know you’ve got Jim in the mix but anything too “triggery” for me ain’t getting in my front door. I think about you a lot. I remember when you were 3 pounds from goal. How many teammates have we seen that lose it and gain it back? All of it and then more on top of that. I know I have been there and done that. I really think that there are “food cigarettes” in our life. Some things are just too hard to moderate. Plus most of these “fun” items wreak havoc on our heath. Both physical but worse mental. I’m there now where you were. I need to guard my success with everything I’ve got. I refuse to go back up. So for me that means many things stay on my no no list forever. But you know I turn it around and think about all the great delicious things on my yes yes list. And that list includes hard yoga sessions, long runs, mental and physical well being and lovely nights of sound sleep. This is my first time in years and years that I have not taken allergy medicines. I have not taken a single ibuprofen or Advil or tum or Aleve or Tylenol or extra strength excedrin since October 15th. And trust me I was a daily pill popper. I had all the good stuff and couldn’t imagine living without out it. But here I am. Healthiest I have been since I can remember. Those new size 8 bikinis...just a fun sweet perk. Health is the one and only goal that matters to me.@cyndiesstuff you know I love you. We are all here for you. As captain you do a fantastic job. All I know is there is an answer out there for each of us. It’s a highly personal journey.
    Have a great Sunday everyone. Off to do yoga then pack. Leaving at 4 to NC when my daughter gets off work.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    @lenka1 last year I bought a bathing suit for the first time in many years. I went to Target and bought the top and bottom separate. I hate shopping for bathing suits because I get so disappointed.

I spent all day outside yesterday working in the yard and my husband cleaned the garage. Going back out there today. Raking and edging are hard work. I have a busy week this week so I have to plan my meals and get up early to exercise especially knowing I will not make my Zumba class in Tuesday but I am getting my hair done instead. Another little something for me.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BASEBALL
    YOUR TEAM NEEDS 6 TEAM MEMBER WHO WOULD LIKE TO PARTAKE IN THE MODS CHALLENGE FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS PLAYING CYBER BASEBALL. IF YOUR INTERESTED IN THIS CHALLENGE QUOTE THIS POSTING AND LET ME KNOW
    WHO'S IN
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Had a good day yesterday. At church before 8 AM to help out with the peanut cooking project. The men cook the peanuts, then we package them in jars for sale. This is the third time we have tried this and so far it is a good fund raiser. I was on my feet for most of 8 hours sticking labels on the jars (they make three different varieties) and keeping them straight as to which batch was being packed. Lots of fun but very tiring. I made a batch of blueberry muffins for "breakfast" at the beginning o the project. We ordered in pizza for lunch and of course I had to taste test the peanuts. In bed before 10 and I slept good. Yay!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in for Saturday
    Food - Logged and on track
    Water - 1 l
    Exercise - physio, upper body free weights & 6035 steps

@Mrsbell8well, @lenka1, @cyndiesstuff & @sleepymom5 - Thanks to all of you for your supportive words and advice! I have started focusing on other outlets for the stress and am trying to stay vigilant in spite of anything going on around me. Falling off the wagon is one thing, but staying off the wagon is no way to live! Have added some light upper body work to my physio routine and set the goal of a daily walk outside everyday this week. The exercise endorphins help a lot!

@lenka1 - I am a bit of a fashion addict. The swimsuit issue is a tough one. I like JCrew swimsuits as they have different designs to fit a number of body types, but I do not think that they have the bust size that you are looking for. Here are a few articles for this season that review a number of different brands and designs for larger bust sizes:
    https://www.glamour.com/gallery/best-bathing-suits-for-women-with-big-boobs
    https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/swimsuits-for-big-breasts
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff Take it easy - don't overdo it, let yourself heal. When I had a hysterectomy I spent a few weeks sewing new clothes for myself (it was a mandatory six weeks off work) so not too strenuous but I was doing something more than sitting around being bored.

To answer your questions: Yes I agree a half pound isn't much to worry about and yes, I measure myself once a month. I log my food every day (I don't weigh everything) I eat small portions and log them as a whole portion. It seems really strange that some months I gain a little weight and the measurements go down, then I'll lose some weight and the measurements go back up?!

I like the taste of Marie Calendars frozen dinners but they are a lot more food than I eat and they have LOTS of sodium. I have been eating the Banquet pot pies (so small but really enough food) and Lean Cuisine for lunches. These have less sodium too.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    THIS WEEKS MOD CHALLENGE
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME STREET BASEBALL

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MODS CHALLENGE FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS
    WE WILL START THE CHALLENGE WHEN ALL OF THE TEAMS REPORT ON THE CAPTAIN THREAD THAT THE TEAMS HAVE BEEN MADE. THIS ONLY FAIR SO WE ALL START OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT.

THE PLAYING TIME IS A 24 HOUR PERIOD FOR EACH DAY STARTING AT MIDNIGHT EACH DAY. THIS IS TO ACCOMMODATE OUR OVERSEAS MEMBERS.

MAKE UP A BATTING ROSTER…SO THE TEAM KNOWS WHO’S ON FIRST AND SO ON…. EXAMPLE…. GREG IS ON FIRST STEVE IS THE NEXT BATTER AND HITS A DOUBLE THAT PUTS GREG ON 3RD AND STEVE ON 2ND THEN THE NEXT BATTER BUNTS BOTH BASE RUNNERS STAY IN PLACE. NEXT BATTER HITS A TRIPLE …GREG AND STEVE BOTH GO HOME FOR 2 POINT AND THE BATTER IS ON 3RD

YOU ARE ONLY UP ONCE IN A 24 HR PERIOD.

CAPTAIN OR MOTIVATORS WILL POST IN THE CAPTAINS THREAD THE DAILY SCORE I WILL TRANSPOSE IT TO THE SCORECARD THAT WILL BE POSTED IN A CHALLENGE THREAD FOR ALL TO SEE.
    HERE IS HOW THIS WORKS…. TEAM CAPTAINS WILL RECRUIT //ASK 6 MEMBERS TO BE THE YOUR TEAMS BB TEAM. THOSE 6 MEMBERS WILL DO ANY OF THE EXERCISES BELOW TO DETERMINE WHAT BASE THEY LAND ON.
    WHEN YOU COME HOME TOUR TEAMS SCORES 1 POINT….

STEPPING
    7,500 STEPS= SINGLE
    10,000 steps = DOUBLE
    15,000 steps = TRIPLE
    20,000 steps = HOMERUN

WORKOUTS:
    30min workout = single
    45 MIN workout = double
    60 MIN workout = triple
    120 MIN WORKOUT HOMERUN

BUNT = REST DAY

GRAND SLAM = ALL BASES LOADED
    THEN THE NEXT BATTER HITS THE HOMERUN IN EITHER CATEGORY

STRIKE OUT = DO NOTHING FOR THAT DAY…..
    UNLESS IT HAS BEEN DECLARED A REST DAY PRIOR TO YOU BATTING ROTATION FOR THAT DAY OR HAS SET UP IN ADVANCE WITH THE UMPIRE WHICH IS @Navydaddjtc

• beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bmaison2014
    Week 2
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 205.4
    CW: 205.4

• Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Sunday
    Logged food: yes, over
    Water: about 2 litres?
    Exercise: boot camp class
    Steps: 12,825

@twyla77 what beautiful scenery! Thank you so much for sharing the view! So wonderful that you were able to enjoy a place like this and a mineral pool!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Any takers on the ball game above?(see Navydaddjtc's post)

I would rather not as I am going away for 4 days. Let's try to get a team together.

I just wanted to check in quick. I am not sure how tomorrow morning is going to go. I will try to check in before I leave for the airport but that all depends on how soon I get to bed tonight. I have to finish packing. It was a long but productive day.

@ljdanny There is so much yardwork after the winter but at least it is good exercise. Sounds like you are set up for a good week!
    @nstephenson01 Wow! That is a lot of rain coming your way! Between the bowflex and the Leslie Sansone videos you will do great! I also think a jigsaw puzzle is a great way to distract you from the rainy weather. Hope you dinner turned out good, it sounded delicious!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Start checking in again. You were doing so well. I know you can do it again!
    @pacsnc6 I am not surprised you slept well . That was a long day! Hope you all were successful with the fundraiser!
    @bmaison2014 Nice job maintaining!
    @twyla77 What a view! I am glad you went in the mineral pool instead of sitting out on the sidelines. What a beautiful place! So trip #2 finished, I don't think you are done yet right? Try to get back on track between trips. Drink a lot of water tomorrow, I am sure some of it is fluid.
    @Julie8468 Fantastic day!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I'll play baseball. I need motivation to exercise.
This discussion has been closed.