Options

Replies

• steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    mulecanter wrote: »
    @angmarie28 Tattoo? I presume it says "Trimstones Forever" with your goal weight?

Well obviously, lol... Actually it is an autism awareness tattoo for my 10 year old son who is on the spectrum. I wanted a puzzle piece with a heart, He wanted it to be a green puzzle piece and a monkey.
    g021vrrychf7.png

Nice! My nephew is an Aspie, after a rough time in middle and high school he is now working on his Master's in robotic software engineering at U of VA.

Great story! That is awesome...
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    @mulecanter Thats really neat. Aydon wants to be in the army, unfortunately they do not take people on the spectrum, but he is very high functioning so there's a chance he can fight it, but I do not think he will do well in that environment at all as he hats yelling, and cant do loud noises, so being yelled at and shooting guns doesnt sound like it will do hi well, but im sure he will find his place and will go well in it.

This has always annoyed me... Why can't the government allow high functioning individuals serve their country in a non-combat environment. There needs to be a push on Washington to identify certain positions within the military which could be open to any handicapped individual capable of performing those duties. Maybe someday Aydon will be the one that breaks through that barrier!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    rosetigger wrote: »
    4/8 - 7853
    4/9 - 9,470
    I had brown rice with my dinner. I'm actually full for the first time in the days. Yes! I hope it lasts.

Brown rice is definitely better than white rice. It's about half the calories/gram of chicken. However, chicken has about 10 times as much protein per gram as brown rice. For stick-to-your-ribs meals, taking starch off your plate and adding lean meat will help with the hunger while keeping you in bounds on calories.
  • mulecanter
    Options
    Despite the drag from your captain, the team is having a good week so far, we are in the green. Since I'm almost 60 I can repeat myself with impunity---Friday and Saturday people, forks down!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    ate over my calories yesterday, by quite a bit, ugh. I forgot we had a pot luck, I didnt eat a ton but ate enough. I did workout a bit, I did 30 minutes of legs and back, and Im pretty sore today, so I guess thats good. Hopefully I can squeeze in a workout today, I have to leave work early to pick up my step dad from his rehab appointment, then go to the store to get something for dinner, hopefully after that I can work out quick before I cook, BUT my son plays in marching band and has to play at the basketball game tonight, so I probably will not have time today :( this week has been bad for working out, yesterday is the only day I have been able to do anything
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    kmfeig87
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 139
    CW 137.5
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    @angmarie28 What instrument does your son play in marching band? I have a 16 year old son who plays trumpet!
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    STEPS:
    4/10 19,227 (Made up a bit for a lazy Tuesday!)
  • angmarie28
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    @angmarie28 What instrument does your son play in marching band? I have a 16 year old son who plays trumpet!

The Euphonium (almost the same thing as a baritone) he wants to play the tuba but the schools is already rented out, and im not buying one. He may get to play it next year though
  • angmarie28
    Options
    4/10-9,302
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/10 5102
  • mulecanter
    Options

The Euphonium (almost the same thing as a baritone) he wants to play the tuba but the schools is already rented out, and im not buying one. He may get to play it next year though

I played the baritone in HS. Your son may someday captain an MFP challenge team!! #Glory
  • mulecanter
    Options
    kmfeig87
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 139
    CW 137.5

Madam you are at a 4.5% loss for the month already. Keep it up and you will be at the top of the podium for the entire challenge this month.
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,938 Member
    Options
    All steps entered up to here! Thank you everybody.
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    4/10 = 7,567
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 something is up with our sheet. We have two @schlerin. I'm entering them on the next to last line. Don't know why there are two except when I set up the names, I added her and maybe you added her again? Either way, we need to delete the upper one and then we still have room for another stepper!

Two of me, scary thought!
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    4/10 - 11,670
    4/11 - so tired today. Go go go after work. No time to walk extra today, grocery shopping doesn't count my steps.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    STEPS
    Thur 11th: 12,464
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/11 - 8035
  • jessicakrall8