TEAM: The Slimsons (May)

Options

Replies

• Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

Fine how is your back doing? Did that stretcher help you at all? I see you really increasing your steps each day---AWESOME work!!๐Ÿ™Œโœจ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜…[/quote]

I have been meaning to tell you that it has helped a LOT. Even the hip pain I was having is better. I have been using it about 15 minutes every night on the lowest level. It's kind of amazing.[/quote]

What is this stretcher you guys are talking about? Sounds like something I can use.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

What is this stretcher you guys are talking about? Sounds like something I can use.

My PT recommended this device to stretch out my back and take the pressure off of my lumbar/discs:

https://www.amazon.com/Massage-Stretcher-Lumbar-Support-Chiropractic/dp/B0772VD9QK/ref=sr_1_14?crid=3ALZ56028NRZ0&keywords=back+stretcher+device&qid=1557627127&s=gateway&sprefix=back+stretch,aps,138&sr=8-14

You just lay down on it once or twice (or whenever you feel the need) and let your back stretch--takes all the pressure off of your discs. I have been tellingly friends (and a few MFP friends too) who have all raved about it.... it's inexpensive and has really helped restore my back.

I had disc herniations (bad ones) my L4, L5, S1, and they wanted me to have surgery---but I'm so happy I didn't considerate now, I am completely recouped and pain free--able to do all the things I did previously with exception of running, weighted bar on my back (squats) and no burpees/box jumps-type of moves.

• Gadgetgirl259
    Options

My PT recommended this device to stretch out my back and take the pressure off of my lumbar/discs:

https://www.amazon.com/Massage-Stretcher-Lumbar-Support-Chiropractic/dp/B0772VD9QK/ref=sr_1_14?crid=3ALZ56028NRZ0&keywords=back+stretcher+device&qid=1557627127&s=gateway&sprefix=back+stretch,aps,138&sr=8-14

You just lay down on it once or twice (or whenever you feel the need) and let your back stretch--takes all the pressure off of your discs. I have been tellingly friends (and a few MFP friends too) who have all raved about it.... it's inexpensive and has really helped restore my back.

I had disc herniations (bad ones) my L4, L5, S1, and they wanted me to have surgery---but I'm so happy I didn't considerate now, I am completely recouped and pain free--able to do all the things I did previously with exception of running, weighted bar on my back (squats) and no burpees/box jumps-type of moves.

Thank you I will give it a try. :)
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday, May 25th

Track: Yes
    Calories: over by 27 calories
    Exercise: Yes, zumba for 30 min

Comments:
    Day 1 went well at the retreat. I brought my own food/ snacks and ate them and sat with nothing while others ate until I got back to my room. I wasn't hungry or longing for their food either. Win win :)
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    aadubb wrote: ยป
    Daily Post: Saturday, May 25th

Comments:
    Day 1 went well at the retreat. I brought my own food/ snacks and ate them and sat with nothing while others ate until I got back to my room. I wasn't hungry or longing for their food either. Win win :)

Great job!!!

• CindyJNC1963
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: May 26th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,060 steps
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday 5/25

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Paddle Boarding for 2 and half hours. Squats and planking.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Saturday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: chores and a small walk
    Water: 100 oz

Kinda slacked off on my water intake today... but was happy thay my daily weigh in this morning, still had me in the 140s!
    Holiday weekend, so just trying to make sure I stay in my calories. So far so good!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options

This looks like something Iโ€™d benefit from as Iโ€™ve had sciatica for some time now. The pain has became less severe since I was first diagnosed, but itโ€™s definitely still there. I always feel like I need pressure released in my lower back and sometimes Iโ€™ll get my OH to dig his fists right into my lower back to ease it. I just done a search and found one in the UK! So Iโ€™ll be ordering one ๐Ÿ˜ I think you should be getting a share of the profits from these Nancy lol ๐Ÿ˜†

• Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, walking
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Saturday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise walk and gardening
    Water:112 oz
    steps; 14597
    no goals today
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Winner's Circle May Week 4:

Winner's Circle (Posted 6-7 Days):

@CindyJNC1963.
    @Digger61.
    @o0kody0o.
    @SLIMn2016.
    @gjaholy33.
    @Bm00re2u.
    @tinak33.

Those making a notable effort!

@OkieGina.
    @CourtneyLomonaco.
    @Gadgetgirl259.
    @aadubb.
    @BEASTFIELD314.
    @DeshotelK.
    @genajonas.
    @vicky2767.
    @Batgirl140.

Great job everyone!! There are a lot of winner's this week and I'm really proud of all of you for your efforts and successes!! Keep up the great work and let's have another great week!!

Looking forward to another successful week. Keep it up guys, you're all doing great!!

Week 4 Results have also been posted.

Great job to our top 3:
    1st - @BEASTFIELD314. - 2.44%
    2nd - @genajonas. - 2.44%
    3rd - @nbatch456. - 2.22%

And again to the overall winners this week:
    2nd- @BEASTFIELD314. - 2.44%
    3rd - @genajonas. - 2.44%
    3rd - @nbatch456. - 2.22%

And as a team we placed 1st!! AWESOME JOB this week!!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    HAPPY SUNDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

YES IT'S MEMORIAL WEEKEND SO BARBECUES ARE IN AFFECT ALL WEEKEND LONG!๐ŸŒญ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿฅฉ๐ŸŒฎ๐Ÿฅ™

This is a reminder how easily it is to fall off track, I think we've all been there a time or two. . .so just keep in mind why you're on this journey and remember to chose more healthier dishes. This weekend is just the beginning of the upcoming summer activities so here's some ideas to keep you on track while having fun. .๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’

h9001b1qq3wq.jpg

gcwrer87naqo.jpg

uv7liaabmm8x.jpg

Continue to enjoy your weekend. So proud of everyone's progress so far keep it up!

-Glorious Gloria ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพโค
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    I always feel like I need pressure released in my lower back and sometimes Iโ€™ll get my OH to dig his fists right into my lower back to ease it. I just done a search and found one in the UK! So Iโ€™ll be ordering one ๐Ÿ˜ I think you should be getting a share of the profits from these Nancy lol ๐Ÿ˜†

That's the same feeling I get. I usually can bend over and touch my toes to relieve the pressure briefly. I have slipped disks at L4, L5 and S1. The stretcher does help. I put it on level 2 last night for the 1st time.

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options

This looks like something Iโ€™d benefit from as Iโ€™ve had sciatica for some time now. The pain has became less severe since I was first diagnosed, but itโ€™s definitely still there. I always feel like I need pressure released in my lower back and sometimes Iโ€™ll get my OH to dig his fists right into my lower back to ease it. I just done a search and found one in the UK! So Iโ€™ll be ordering one ๐Ÿ˜ I think you should be getting a share of the profits from these Nancy lol ๐Ÿ˜†

I'm gonna start charging a fee. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Seriously though--- I think it will help you a lot... when I first started using it my back would make all sorts of "cracking" sounds and I'd feel instantly better---a big relief... and now have it on the most arched up setting.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    HAPPY SUNDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

YES IT'S MEMORIAL WEEKEND SO BARBECUES ARE IN AFFECT ALL WEEKEND LONG!๐ŸŒญ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿฅฉ๐ŸŒฎ๐Ÿฅ™

A great help--and a much needed reminder! THANK YOU G!!
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Hi Gloria. I just seen a new thread which said that June registrations are now open. Will we automatically go over to June or should we register our interest again? Thank you, Avril ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Hi Gloria. I just seen a new thread which said that June registrations are now open. Will we automatically go over to June or should we register our interest again? Thank you, Avril ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi you can go ahead and bookmark the June SLIMSONS thread; all members who participated in the May Challenge will automatically rollover. You just need to post your Introduction and Ashley will be posting more on this later within the next few days as she just finished setting up the threads and opening the registration for June new members.
  • o0kody0o
    Options

Hi you can go ahead and bookmark the June SLIMSONS thread; all members who participated in the May Challenge will automatically rollover. You just need to post your Introduction and Ashley will be posting more on this later within the next few days as she just finished setting up the threads and opening the registration for June new members.

Thatโ€™s great, canโ€™t wait to see what June brings! Thank you ๐Ÿค—

• gjaholy33
    Options

Thatโ€™s great, canโ€™t wait to see what June brings! Thank you ๐Ÿค—

Me too and you're welcome ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ
This discussion has been closed.