• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    qnbg3kcypews.png
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    @MaelynMayhem~ Thanks for the quotes! Enjoy the extra inspiration. 👍 Look at you really working the spectrum of exercise. So awesome! So inspiring and encouraging. I always look forward to your posts, you’re encouraging me by being you and sharing your day and three likes. It’s amazing. Best day ever or not… you need to keep reminding yourself of ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE! I’ve only known you for about 6 weeks now. And you are working hard every day! 👏 Like no one I know! And we all have a day here and there when we’re a little off our game. So keep your chin up and keep at it! Now let’s go out there and have a Fabulous #FriSlay!
    @jupdyke ~ Awesome #ThurSlay! Wow! You did superb at drinking 🚰🥤; sometimes those concoctions can go down to smooth. Did you at least have a fresh lemon or lime to put in your water? That’s a treat for me. When I do drink alcohol it tends to trigger more eating for me. So abstinence is best for me. I will say, that when the girls & I go out… I do enjoy one bloody mary. :) That’s a cup of veggies right? LOL ;) You’re doing awesome! And feeling better just in time to have a great weekend.
    @skullsandskeletons ~ Another day done! And done well. :) Onto to #FriSlay!
    @Pratainua - Wooooohoooo!! 💣ONEderland!!💥 Oh the joy I know you are feeling seeing that 1XX versus 2XX on the scale. I’m so excited for you!

@johicks yes, definitely had lemon...I always do. Makes me drink more. I am just like you. If I drink, I eat. Drinking season is right around the corner...yikes. lol
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes, but only up to lunch
    Calories: over
    Exercise: Triceps and Abs
    Goal/Day: Good day at work. Hubby was grouchy tonight. This triggered me eating everything in site after work. So mad at myself. Tomorrow is a new day. I will be back on that horse for sure. Mad I let my emotions control my eating. Sorry team.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday 5/17)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under;Limit: 1500/Actual: 1347
    Water: 13 cups
    Exercise: Walk home from urgent care
    Day: I woke myself up in the middle of the night with a coughing fit. Not a good start. I was up for about twenty minutes with water to help calm things down again. I did manage to fall back asleep. I didn't walk after breakfast because I wasn't feeling well. I relaxed instead. My CSS showed up and took me to urgent care once I told her what was going on. She was concerned of bronchitis or walking pneumonia (it's a real thing). I got in back and had to go through a mental health screening due to my depression, annoying, but they have to cover their rear. The doctor did his thing an I have an upper respiratory infection and the start of a sinus infection. I have to start Flonase and take my Benadryl four times a day. He said it should clear up in a week, and if not see my doctor. So, yeah. I didn't feel like waiting for the bus so I walked the 1.2 miles home. I relaxed and hooked the rest of the day. I'm participating in a crochet along.

My Day
    1) I learned a new pattern.
    2) I don't have bronchitis or pneumonia.
    3) My CSS cares enough to take me to urgent care even when I'm not hacking up a lung, yet.

Myself
    1) I'm capable of verbally expressing myself to describe what is happening
    2) I'm kind to animals
    3) I'm willing to try new things.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

So I was in the car all day traveling to the beach for a family wedding. Hopefully tomorrow I will get some exercise swimming and walking.
  • peacekeace
    peacekeace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Username: peacekeace
    Weigh day: Friday, Week 2
    PW: 228.6
    CW: 228
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    (For Friday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: lifted legs in the morning then had a work fun run/walk in the afternoon
    Day: It was a gorgeous day and really good for me to spend time outside with friends from work. I did then go out with them after but had one beer and shared an appetizer. I have to watch my nighttime snacking on weekends.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday 5/17)
    Track: Through dinner.
    Calories: Over.
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 17
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 38min total= 18m am walk, 20m fast-paced grocery shopping
    • One post-dinner snack: More than one.
    • Post on @RTM before lights out: No. :(
    I need to purge my brain. Sorry, this could be long! I feel horrible about not getting all my checkmarks in yesterday. Yes! I'm beating myself up a little this morning. I had to put a frown on my calendar. Dang!! I had a 7-day streak of tracking, no night binging and sticking to calories. So I’m sharing my day “raw” and unfiltered to see if I can figure out what happened. Here it goes…… Another early morning with mom, even though shopping; I STILL made sure to get in my morning walk! And had high hopes of walking before work and before dinner. I did speed walk at the stores and walked from one end of the outlet stores down to the other end while mom’s vehicle was being packed. I had my list and almost got a speeding ticket going up and down the aisles. LOL But I don’t think I planned my day well enough. I had protein creamer in my coffee first thing (like always), then a shake for the 45-minute drive to Walmart / Lowe’s. I was hungry but didn’t pack a snack. I had to wait 2 hours until I got to work. Then my brain heard "food" words. I was telling mom about all the dining and fast food places that I could take home to hubby but didn’t want to. And then about our plans for October coming into the city for anniversary dinner. I thought I was doing okay. By Noon I had 8 cups of water and did add an 80 calorie snack bar to my already planned snack. That didn't last very long. I downed four more cups in the next 2.5 hours or so and ate my afternoon snack. My co-workers were all stressed and create an intense office. All I could do was focus on NOT eating. Then one boss brought in ribs and filled the office with that aroma. My stomach was growling so loudly. I got home and was tired. Fortunately, my meal was already plated. So I made my tea and warmed my meal. What I didn’t do was change my clothes, change my attitude to Home. Sweet. Home. I sat on the couch and ate my plate. I did it as slowly as I could to enjoy every bite and to make it last. I was hoping that we’d go to bed early so that I didn’t have to keep fighting my urge to eat. But hubby went to the store instead. GRRRRR! Oh, it was so hard for me to not go into the kitchen and devour whatever! He didn’t grab junk food, just his bottle! I grabbed my computer and started to play a game to distract me. What I should’ve done was go hop on the bike. That is in the very back bedroom and takes me to a different place altogether. And it helps strengthen my knees. Instead, I focused on the game. But it didn’t really help or heal me. [Oh!! I like that! HEAL ME]. It was like I was fighting myself all day and couldn't keep the urge or hunger at bay. So I laid on the couch for another hour or so as he looked through his records. I knew if I went to bed early, he’d blare his music. And I wasn’t up for that!! I was hungry, irritable, and tired. [So why didn’t I pick up on those signs?] We finally went to bed and I didn’t take my laptop or turn on my phone to engage with all of you and nor tell you about my day. I watched a couple of episodes, then got up for a TB of peanut butter and grabbed more. I ate his leftover cheap pizza and snacks on a plate and ate it. Not good! Most of it tasted okay. But I wasn’t being mindful and enjoying it. Then I went back for the TB of PB. THAT was satisfying. So why did I grab more than I intended!? Why didn’t I log the TB of PB first to give myself permission to get THAT and only that!? I did it before and succeeded. It’s like that urge I had been fighting all day finally screamed and said… FEED ME! But as I type it out now, I think I hit on a few things:
    I was hungry, irritable, and tired. --- umm… signs of MID-TOM or TOM for me. It’s hard to tell since I’m perimenopause.
    So with all that said. I’m not beating myself up anymore and I do feel better. Thank you for letting me post. Here is what I learned and can continue to do to stay on plan, but heal self:
    When hungry, irritable, and tired….
    • 1. If I’m THAT hungry in the morning, recognize it and eat a small snack. You were at the store!! Being too strict doesn’t pay off, it leads to a binge!
    • 2. If fighting the urge all day, again; look at your pre-logged MFP diary and figure out a snack, even if it to give into that darn ol’ candy jar! Log and eat just one caramel. 60 calories are better than a binge!
    • 3. Go for that 10-minute walk you intended to do. JUST DO IT! Yes, knees ache a little, but you have ibuprofen in your desk. GET out of the office!
    • 4. When getting home stick to the routine, even if tired!! Change clothes. Change Attitude. “Home. Sweet. Home.”
    • 5. If that tired when getting home, rest before eating and sip your tea. Calming and filling.
    • 6. And when you see “his snacks” or not-so-healthy food; make a plan. You did that the other night, you managed a healthy dinner and exchanged fires for other carb and added a hot dog to dinner instead of a snack. So you know you can do it and have balance.
    • 7. Eat mindfully and slowly. When that tired, sit at the dinner table.
    • 8. When you’re hungry, tired, and irritable you need to be kinder to yourself. Maybe a bath would’ve been in order; then he could have also played his music.
    • 9. It’s like you had a hole burning through you all day, you need a healing moment or two. So exercise while he was gone to the store to get out the frustration and burn off some rage and then a bath to help your body aches and soul.
    • 10. Then be sure to get on @RTM and read for inspiration and encouragement, offer support; and journal your day.
    PRINT and keep these ten steps handy! P.S. I did post this in my journal log to remind myself. And printed! I'm cut around the edges with design scissors and posted onto purple paper to post on the wall. Now which wall!? Then, I read my other journal moments to remind myself that I am on a journey. And that I’m not perfect. But I did see a pattern! Enlightening! Perhaps I can prepare myself for the next one in about 10 days!? Glad I’m journalling these “dark & binge” times, to keep me moving forward.

Again thanks. That purge felt good. It felt like a conversation over coffee. :)@jwall309 @j0d13mcc Didn’t we talk about sitting on the kitchen floor having deep moments before?

Okay… enough about me. Onto your posts, AFTER I take a walk. I feel like I need to get the blood flowing and now purge any lingering emotions from last night and this morning's reflection. A time of HEALING for myself. Plus get some endorphins into my system to have a good day! I'll be back soon.
    🤗hugs🤗

• MaelynMayhem
    Options
    @johicks - Sounds like a solid plan to keep it from happening again. I used to struggle a lot with nighttime binging in particular. As darkness fell my thoughts would churn inside my gut about the day, what I didn't do, what I needed to do the next day, and thoughts about myself. I would feel frustrated, sad, angry, despair, and sometimes hopelessness. To stop these feelings from churning I would shove them down with food, order out usually, or whatever junk I could find around the apartment. Afterwards would come guilt and amazement at what I had just done. I felt like I was ruining my life and body with food each time it happened. I finally broke the cycle the though. I told myself that I truly deserved better from myself, that there had to be another way. I colored. I hooked. I played Sims. I watched my favorite old movies (Spaceballs, Conjuring, Police Academy, and so on). I chose activities that I enjoyed and were parts of my personality. It worked until I was strong enough to add exercise to the mix. I haven't had a binge since Mid-January.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes even though i didn’t want to
    Calories: way over
    Exercise: no
    Water: not enough
    Day: Today was a fun day but a bad day for my healthy eating plan. I had to work our fundraising golf tournament which was super fun. I didn’t play but it was nice to meet donors and be outside all day driving in a golf cart with work friends. Downside was it was catered breakfast and lunch so it was difficult to track and difficult to make healthier choices. Lunch was bbq without any options for veggies or a salad. But days like this will happen so I’m just trying to let it go. My mom is in town for a visit which will be my other obstacle this weekend. I love my mother dearly but she also contributed to the negative relationship with food I’m trying to change. My entire life she was either dieting, saying she needed to be on a diet, or saying she was gonna cheat on her diet that day and just ate everything in sight. So this weekend she is going to cheat on her diet since she’s visiting she kept saying over and over last night. It’s hard to not let that get into my head and also feel like “cheating” even though I’m trying to create a lifestyle where there isn’t cheating on a diet or bad food, it’s about choices and making healthier ones that make me feel better. She also brought me a 1lb chocolate peanut butter meltaway egg as my late Easter present since i haven’t seen her. I ate pizza at dinner, had drinks, and ate some of the egg last night on top of my bbq lunch. So last night really went off the rails. Luckily today we are going to a brunch place where i already found a salad on the menu I’m excited about. Trying to make today more balanced than yesterday. Then my plan is to not indulge Sunday like i normally do and use that day to get back on track. Wish me luck!
  • johicks
    Options
    I planned all the #slay pics last weekend for the next two weeks to get us through the end of the month. After skimming a few of the posts, this seems timely. So let's pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and DO THIS!
    #SaturSlay!

omsx9b53mpkr.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    peacekeace wrote: »
    Username: peacekeace
    Weigh day: Friday, Week 2
    PW: 228.6
    CW: 228

Thanks for posting! Glad you had a loss. Yeah! I'm putting this on the spreadsheet as week #3. :) Hope that's okay. We have two more weeks left in May.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    User Name: ajaia2001
    Weigh in week: May - wk3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 168.9
    Current Weight: 168.0

Had a great 3 days watching my daughter compete in the Special Olympics. She ended the games with silver and bronze medals 🤗. The bad parts were the 90+ weather (with no wind at all) it was just hot and so humid. Also wasn't able to stick with the diet plan I am on but I didn't go overboard with food but I really didn't expect the scale to show any kind of loss.

I told my trainer about being off track over the past 3 days and she told me "OK, so you weren't able to give 100% for the entire 21 day challenge but you can give 99% and crush these last 6 days"
  • johicks
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem~ Now had I logged on last night I would’ve read that post… DON’T GIVE UP! (or don’t give in!) :) But it’s over and today is a new day and I’m off to a great start! Thank you thank you!! 🤗 That’s so awesome!! Binge-free for four months! I’m working towards that inner strength at night to do something else. I’m going to compare May’s calendar to April’s calendar to see how many more smiles there are in May (I hope!) Thank you again for sharing and your encouraging words. Sorry, your Friday was a little rough, but glad that your CSS was there to take you to urgent care. Now today, take care of yourself. :) Your support in MAY, my friend @MaelynMAYhem, has been aMAYzing! Thank you. 👍

@jupdyke ~ I’m right there with you, unfortunately. And yep, back on the horse today!! 💥 WE got this! 💥 I HATE the power that we let them have over our emotions. I’m learning with each binge the signs and hoping that I can recognize the triggers sooner and have an action plan.

Speaking of triggers and action plans. The Fudge/Ice Cream shop opened up yesterday right across the street from my office. My window overlooks downtown and I saw so so many people walk by with ice cream cones. I will have to have an aMAYzing strategy to keep myself in check for the summer/fall. I’m going to have to find out what the grocery store or party store sells as individual treats so that I can indulge on occasion. Or go ahead and buy a box of something to keep in the work freezer. PLAN!

@skullsandskeletons ~ Yeah! #FriSlay!! 👏 I do hope that you will get some beach exercise in… how fun. Enjoy family and the celebration at the wedding.💝

@klilev~ Yeah! #FriSlay!! 👏 I love reading posts where one has balanced the choices when going out and only partially indulging. So excited for your good choices! It’s hard to do. You did it! And the run/walk sounds like fun and how cool that your work provided this opportunity! Yes, weekends are hard, no structure of time to the day. You can do it!

@jwall309~ Yes, your day sounds like a fun social day! Take a walk with her? Wishing you strength, love, patience, and luck!! 🤗 Balance - choices. You can do it! You have done it! Do it again!

As silly as this may sound from a person who is watching their food intake, I carry a small food & beverage cooler with me. Depending on the day or event I have three to choose from: if I’m traveling, it’s a large one that can carry enough for a few meals and snacks, if it’s just a workday then it’s a lunchbox size, but when it’s a couple of hours for an event or unknown it looks like a purse. It has the thermal lining, a pocket on the side with velcro, and an adjustable strap. This one fits a bottle of water and can carry a few snacks. Baby carrots or boiled eggs are my fav choices, as they can usually help balance out whatever food options I have in front of me. That’s why I was upset at myself for not packing an extra snack on Friday.

@ajaia2001~ Other than the heat, sounds like a great time. How exciting two medals!! :D And you did well overall, maybe not for the 21-day challenge; but you did well at making choices. And love how your trainer encouraged you!! Yes!! You can do it! 👍

@johicks… remember
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    jpky08pwsdj5.png
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Username: Victorious55
    Weigh in week: May 20
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 146.2
    Today’s Weight: 145.6
  • johicks
    Options
    Username: Victorious55
    Weigh in week: May 20
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 146.2
    Today’s Weight: 145.6

Awesome loss! You're having an aMAYzing month!
    And I like your profile pic- quote. :)
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User Name: Fivepts
    Previous Weight: 147.1
    Current Weight: 146.6
    Weight loss .5

Sorry, I am late. I messed up the time difference. I live overseas. I guess that's my first strike.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in. Today has been a good day. Most everyone is fasting for Ramadan here so that helps me not to overeat during the day, but at night it's very difficult because of all the food. I have managed to avoid sugar and flour which is my main goal but I need to get back to tracking my food since getting over sickness. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • johicks
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: »
    User Name: Fivepts
    Previous Weight: 147.1
    Current Weight: 146.6
    Weight loss .5

Sorry, I am late. I messed up the time difference. I live overseas. I guess that's my first strike.
    Awesome! You had a loss!! 👏 No strikes. It's totally fine as long as I have results by Sunday 2:00pm Eastern time. :) Thanks. I understand that we are all over the world.

This discussion has been closed.