Merry Merry Month of May

Options
123457»

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,825 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness...today's peach was even better. Seriously delish...drippy sweet goodness. Sprouts, white peaches.

I had frozen some marinara...loads of veggies, mushroom AND onions. Really happy I put it over rice...another yummy selection.

7 hours to go and then it will be my Thursday.

I must make a trip to Sprouts tomorrow morning to pick up more peaches. They are even better than the summer peaches I get at Trader Joe's. Wow.

Hope you are all having a good Saturday. Later, sweet peeps.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,952 Member
    Options
    I got some peaches today Magic, but they are hard so I'll have to leave them on the counter for a couple days and hopefully they will be good. Also got another watermelon. I eat so much watermelon in the summer months.

L - oats with berries, chia seeds, spices
    D - "BLT" with eggplant "bacon", lettuce, farm market tomato, cashew mayo on sprouted grain bread, bowl of soup

I made a batch of the Eat Your Greens soup for this week. Added some cabbage to it, and I always use more veggies than the measurements in the recipe. It's a tasty broth and I have made it so many times that now I just use it as a jumping off point to load up on the veggies and greens.

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    Hey, friends, I have been having a super busy Saturday, but have stayed with ETL food regardless. My in-laws are coming tomorrow. They are fine with my eating differently, so that should be fine.

@Mihani - Dates, walnuts and a rice cake -- what a great choice for a bit of indulgence! Good for you!

@magic71755 -- Mmm, I'll look for peaches when I am at the store!

Today:
    B - spinach, blueberry and flax seed smoothie
    L - collard greens and black beans, and a bowl of my vegan "ceviche" (steamed zucchini raw grape tomatoes, pickled onions, some Dr Gregory Savory Spice Blend)
    S - apple slices and walnuts
    D - gigantic salad (massaged kale, romaine, roma, onions, red bell pepper), homemade dressing (cilantro, parsley, cashew milk, nooch, spices), cooked butternut squash and apples for dessert

Okay, back to getting ready for that family visit! There is so much to clean and straighten!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hope you have fun with your company today, Austin.

I didn't see much drop on the scale the past two weeks and I am pretty sure it is because I was eating more tofu as nothing else changed. I am going to get back to beans for this week and see if that makes a difference. I'm also determined to start getting regular exercise in. Either some treadmill time or a DVD workout. Starting tonight as soon as I get home from the office, before dinner.

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Morning lovelies...slept through the night...that is such a joy. I was not this good a sleeper before WFPB living. Yay!

Have fun with your company, @AustinRuadhain …how nice there is non stress associated with the meal and who is eating what. That sometimes gets in my way of having a good time.

Up, having coffee...don't feel like running to Sprouts, but man, those peaches were so good...I think they will come in handy today. Before I went totally WFPB GF I would snack on those mini pretzels from the machine when it was late at work and I need something...OR I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING. And we have a soft servce ice cream machine. Very Dangerous!

NO MORE. Since really being strict and WFPB GF*, as you all know, my knee pain is significantly less...still can't do marathon standing and prepping, cooking and cleaning.

*So, that alone is a great incentive to keep at it. Plus, it's a great excuse when you use DOCTOR'S ORDERS as a reason for eating the way we do. LOL Kinda puts the whole debate dead in its tracks.

Today's Menu

coffee
    oatmeal, cinnamon, raisins, blueberries almond milk
    brown rice and homemade marinara (this was perfect coming from the freezer...time to do more batch cooking on my weekend and have reserves.)
    peaches
    BIG salad when I get home from work.

Have a super day everyone.

@Mihani I definitely need to get back to exercising. I used to be so good at getting in the pool daily. NOW, I have totally gotten off that routine. TIME TO MAKE TIME AGAIN!

• Mihani
    Options
    Batch cooking is so worth it, isn't it Magic? I have been making extra when I make my weekly soups and then freezing a few servings so I'm building up a stash of ready to go meals.

I was in the office way too late today and not sure what, if anything I can get done around here tonight, but I will at least do a few minutes on the treadmill. So glad I got laundry done yesterday because I sure don't feel like doing it now.

B - oats with the usual additions
    L - lara bar and a pear
    D - ELT (eggplant "bacon", lettuce, tomato) sammich with cashew mayo, spinach and watermelon salad