Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    User ID: maithileesj
    MONTH:JUNE
    WEEK#:3
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 135.8
    Current Weight: 137.2

The BIG change in my life - learnt just a few days ago that I'm PREGNANT! I'm over the moon! We've been TTC, to give my 4yo a chance at having a sibling, for sometime now. When I turned 40 in Jan this year I wondered if I should give up on that dream. And now this!

I'm waiting for the first sonogram in a few days, which will tell me that everything looks okay. But that will probably mean I can't do this challenge now since my weight chart will be on an upward trend, albeit at a sensible rate. Fingers crossed!

BTW, you guys are literally the first to know!! :blush:

What fabulous news! Congratulations :) you’ve been working hard to be fit and healthy and I have no doubt it will prove to benefit you through this pregnancy. Don’t stress about the scale but keep up your good habits!

I missed this on my catch up skim. CONGRATS!!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    In the interest of this week’s challenge I have a topic/question. In a different group that I’m in a member brought up how disappointed they were over their stress eating. A few members piped up, including myself, that we too are stress eaters. I realized though that other than keeping binge foods out of the house I had very little to offer as a potential solution or alternative. So here goes, for those that do or have stress ate what do you do instead, alternatively what hasn’t worked for you?

Strategies for beating a binge:
    1. Match socks. Can't eat with a sock in each hand.
    2. Walk off stress instead
    3. Read a real book. It takes my mind off the stress and I don't want to get it dirty either.
    4. Hand wash dishes. Again, the hands are full.
  • clark2rl
    clark2rl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weight for last week: 285
    Weight for yesterday: 286
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips on stress eating, I’ll pass them on and try them myself.

Does anyone have tips on cooking zucchini noodles? I tried frozen ones last night and they were horribly soggy. I think I would have liked them if they hadn’t been.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I love cooking spaghetti squash instead of pasta. Simple to make!

Great recipes!
    https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/g1953/spaghetti-squash-recipes/

I haven’t cooked 👩‍🍳 frozen zucchini noodles; however, found the below. I am going to try, looks yummy!

https://inspiralized.com/how-to-avoid-watery-and-soggy-zucchini-noodles/

Another tip to avoid soggy noodles:
    Instructions:
    Steam frozen zucchini noodles over medium heat until al dente, about 5 minutes.
    Remove to a colander and drain well.
    Add olive oil to hot skillet. Sauté garlic and crushed red pepper until fragrant, about one minute.
    Add drained zucchini back to the pan and toss to coat.

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips on stress eating, I’ll pass them on and try them myself.

Does anyone have tips on cooking zucchini noodles? I tried frozen ones last night and they were horribly soggy. I think I would have liked them if they hadn’t been.

I like to sauté my zucchini noodles and I don’t have a spiralizer so I have tried various parts of the shredder and sometimes a peeler and just peel strip after strip until there is nothing left. I use a little olive oil then cook them in a pan until they look cooked lol, sorry not too scientific :) I like them with salt or maybe some garlic powder.

• mrshorntonk
    mrshorntonk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    PW (Week 3): 185.6
    CW (Week 4): 183.9

I know you asked about zucchini noodles but every Tuesday after weigh in I make burgers and zucchini fries, it’s a real treat without being too heavy on the calories! Chop into sticks, brush with egg, dip a mixture of 10g breadcrumbs and 10g Parmesan, salt and pepper, spray with one cal oil spray and oven bake for 25 minutes. Delicious!!

I don’t have any tips of noodles though I’m afraid! 😄
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/24: 19,841
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Zucchini Noodles - i also sauté them in a little olive oil, salt and pepper. I use the garlic olive oil from Trader Joe's. Yum! I do have a spiralizer but sometimes just grate them to make it easier. I don't think you have to cook them very long.

I wish I had some tips on stress eating, I've been doing way too much of that lately! The best thing for me is keeping myself busy and getting my mind on other things. Even if it's just decluttering my house. If I'm busy doing other things I don't eat as much.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    6.24 Tuesday 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Rest day.
    Steps: Rest day

Water: 64 oz ✔️

Comments: Tomorrow is weigh in day. I am trying riced cauliflower tonight. 😋
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    OKAY I AM GETTIN IN ON THIS FOOD THING.....
    I USE SPRIALIZE (FRESH ONLY) ZUCCHINI ALREADY FOR REPLACEMENT OF PASTA.... I ALSO USE A MANDOLIN AND SLICE IT OUT FOR LASAGNA NOODLES AND MAKE LASAGNA WITH IT.... WE USE GRD TURKEY INSTEAD OF BEEF OR PORK OR WE WILL USE SWEET AND MILD ITALIAN LINK TURKEY SAUSAGE OR I WILL MAKE MY OWN ITALIAN SAUSAGE USING GROUND TURKEY.
    ALL OF MY SALAD THAT YOU SEE IN MY FOOD DIARY ARE ALL GRD TURKEY.... I CAN MAKE THAT TURKEY ANY FLAVOR THAT I WANT AND IT IS HEALTHIER FOR US TO EAT. TEAT'S THE BEAUTY OF GRD TURKEY....BUT WHEN IT COMES TO STEAK ... I AM STILL AN ANDERSON AND THAT BEEF COMES FROM THE FAMILY RANCH IN ELLENSBURG.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GREG'S STATS FOR 6.24 Tuesday
    Calories: Yes ✔️ 1200 AND CHANGE OUT 1500
    Exercise: BREATHING TREATMENTS TODAY AND YARD WORK 5 HOURS OF IT
    Steps: AS OF THIS POSTING 24K AND CHANGE

Water: 128 oz ✔️ AND COUNTING
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Yea, chef! 👨‍🍳
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    clark2rl wrote: »
    Weight for last week: 285
    Weight for yesterday: 286

@clark2rl ..WEIGH IN IS POSTED THANK YOU
    PW (Week 3): 185.6
    CW (Week 4): 183

@mrshorntonk WEIGH IN IS POSTED

I know you asked about zucchini noodles but every Tuesday after weigh in I make burgers and zucchini fries, it’s a real treat without being too heavy on the calories! Chop into sticks, brush with egg, dip a mixture of 10g breadcrumbs and 10g Parmesan, salt and pepper, spray with one cal oil spray and oven bake for 25 minutes. Delicious!!

SOUND TASTY GONNA TRY THIS IDEA ...THANKS

I don’t have any tips of noodles though I’m afraid! 😄
    runarml wrote: »
    Steps 6/24: 19,841

@runarml ...STEPS POSTED ERIN ...THANKS

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    gobftnbs29to.png
    u5lzdt2psfs4.png

WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN CREW IS
    @BEAR479
    @Quiarga
    @FITNESS327WK (JULY)<<<< IS GETTING INTO THE ROUTINE
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    6.24 Tuesday 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Rest day.
    Steps: Rest day

Water: 64 oz ✔️

Comments: Tomorrow is weigh in day. I am trying riced cauliflower tonight. 😋

I ❤️ riced cauliflower.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    OKAY I AM GETTIN IN ON THIS FOOD THING.....
    I USE SPRIALIZE (FRESH ONLY) ZUCCHINI ALREADY FOR REPLACEMENT OF PASTA.... I ALSO USE A MANDOLIN AND SLICE IT OUT FOR LASAGNA NOODLES AND MAKE LASAGNA WITH IT.... WE USE GRD TURKEY INSTEAD OF BEEF OR PORK OR WE WILL USE SWEET AND MILD ITALIAN LINK TURKEY SAUSAGE OR I WILL MAKE MY OWN ITALIAN SAUSAGE USING GROUND TURKEY.
    ALL OF MY SALAD THAT YOU SEE IN MY FOOD DIARY ARE ALL GRD TURKEY.... I CAN MAKE THAT TURKEY ANY FLAVOR THAT I WANT AND IT IS HEALTHIER FOR US TO EAT. TEAT'S THE BEAUTY OF GRD TURKEY....BUT WHEN IT COMES TO STEAK ... I AM STILL AN ANDERSON AND THAT BEEF COMES FROM THE FAMILY RANCH IN ELLENSBURG.

I like ground turkey for the same reason I like cauliflower. It takes on the flavor of whatever you season it with very well. I do an enchilada casserole w/ground beef and make Spanish riced cauliflower as a side. Good stuff.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hey all. A long day here. Just getting in a little easy bike ride tonight.

Had the youngest for his eyes and the appointment went great. My oldest came
    Home from school covered in spots! Could it be chicken pox? They are both vaccinated for it but who knows so the doctor wants to see them tomorrow so hubby has to take them then we will see what we can do for child care the rest of the week.

Sigh. It’s always something, eh?
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Gutcutter500
    Week 4
    Weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 236.2
    CW: 232.8
    Steps: 69809
This discussion has been closed.