WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I have been browsing through recipes this afternoon to plan out dinner over the next week! Found some new wonderful recipes I am looking forward to making.

Including:
    -Chicken Papkikash
    - Healthy air fryer recipes: Stuffed Greek Chicken
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @Navydaddjtc! I needed those encouraging words today!

I am done work for the summer although I have to go in a few days next week to clean up. I plan to rest my ankle for the weekend and see how it’s going. We canceled all our plans thanks to varicella ;) so I should be able to stay home and avoid too much walking.

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I totally failed at avoiding sweets today. Stress eating.
    On top of the end of our fiscal year and a ton of software upgrades (thanks, IT, for your terrible timing), we had to have someone removed from the hospital today. She was asked to leave a patient room by the patient and wouldn't go. She's been trying to pick fights with staff for two weeks. It was one thing when our patient wanted her in the room, but when the patient had had enough, we had to do something. And the something made the local news news.

6/27 steps 10208
    6/28 steps 11136 (I am putting the fitbit on the charger now.)

• 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Shockvalue07
    Friday
    PW: 185.6
    CW: 190.6

Sorry I am weighing in late. As you can see I didn’t have a great week. I guess this is my weight off Keto. Just goes to show all I lost was water weight and probably muscle along with it. I really have to find a happy medium that is right for me. I think portion control and CICO is looking like the way to go and sustain long term.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    q0c038tz152l.png
    GOOD MORNING WORKOUT WARRIORS......

LETS GET THE WEIGH IN'S OUT OF THE WAY FIRST OFF
    @getfitgal123
    @maithileesj
    WELL THAT WAS 42sgbb10holi.png

NOW TO CATCH UP WITH ALL OF YOU AS I WAS MIA YESTERDAY....
    @XOX_LOTSA_XOX THE WEIGH IN IS POSTED... SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOUR FEELING NOT SO GOOD... KEEP FLUSHING YOUR SYSTEM WITH WATER AND ELECTROLYTES AND YOU'LL BE/FEEL BETTER SOON.

@Fitness327wk WK... LOOKS LIKE A GREAT ROUND OF GOLF.... I WISH I COULD GET BACK OUT ON THE COURSE BUT AFTER I GET MY NEW FOOT JUST MAYBE I CAN AT LEAST WALK THE COURSE IN TOWN.... THE MECHANICS OF THE GAME JUST WON'T BE THERE TO MANY INJURIES BACK IN THE DAY.......LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME OF THOSE RECIPES YOUR GOING TO SHARE WITH US ...THANKS IN ADVANCE.

@megnolia82 HOOYAH!!!! MARCIE CLOSED HER CLASSROOM YESTERDAY AND I HELPED.... SUMMERTIME HER SHE COMES.... REST UP AND GET HEALED SO YOU CAN ENJOY IT...

@melissafeagins ...STEPS GOT POSTED.... DID I MISS SUN-WED STEPS IF SO WOULD MIND RE-POSTING THEM FOR ME... SOUND LIKE YESTERDAY WAS A BEAR OF DAY FOR YOU IT'S MY HOPE THAT YOU CAN TURN IT ALL AROUND AND GET BACK ON TRACK....

@shockvalue07 .... GOT YOUR WEIGH POSTED ON THE JULY SPREADSHEET .... CALL ME OLD SCHOOL BUT I NEVER SAW THE ADVANTAGE OF ALL OF THESE NEWFANGLED DIETS.....NOR DID MY NUTRITIONIST....BESIDE THEY WON'T FOR ME WITH THIS OSTOMY.... SO I FOLLOW A BARIATRICS MEAL PLAN.... NOTICE IT'S A MEAL PLAN AND NOT A "DIET" ...BECAUSE OF THE OSTOMY (AKA SHADOW) I NEED VERY HIGH GRAMS OF PROTEIN, SODIUM, VERY LOW GRAMS OF CARBS, HAVE TO BE CAREFUL OF WHICH VEGGIES I CAN EAT BECAUSE OF THEIR FLATULENT PROPERTIES...THAT CAN DEVASTATING FOR ME. AND SHADOW AS WELL AS MARCIE... SO IF CICO IS THE WAY TO GO FOR YOU THEN LET'S DO IT... I AM WITH YOU PARTNER I AM WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY... NOW LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    q96yrwgsdas4.png
    I JUST SENT THIS TO MY WIFE OF 35 YEARS....
    MARCIE KATHLEEN ANDERSON IS A TOP GUN MOM, WIFE, GRANDMA, SISTER, SISTER-IN-LAW AND YES A TOP GUN TEACHER IN ELEMENTARY EDUCATION... WHEN WE FIRST MET I WAS A DAMM WRECK OF A MAN...A BROKEN DOWN OL RET. SPEC OPS.DOG HANDLER.....SHE WAS A VIBRANT STUNNING WOMEN AND I WENT GOO GOO OVER HER INSTANTLY...SHE HAS SEEN ME THROUGH MY STRUGGLES AND MY RECOVERY FROM DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE.... SHE EVEN LEFT ME IN THE DUST DURING THOSE DARK DAYS FOR ME....AFTER I PROVED TO HER THAT I COULD BE CLEAN AND SOBER FOR FIVE YEARS WE TRIED IT AGAIN... THIS TIME AROUND SHE HAD 2 BOYS FROM A WRECKED MARRIAGE.... SO MARCIE,DERRICK(DJ), THOMAS(TC) DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE WITH ME AGAIN AND I NEVER EVER LOOKED BACKED..... DRUGS AND BOOZE WILL LOOSE EVERY TIME TO THEM NO QUESTION.... FYI I HAVE BEEN CLEAN AND SOBER 5 YRS LONGER THAN WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED AND A FAMILY.

SHE HAS SEEN ME THROUGH FIGHTING WITH THE VA IN GETTING MY PROSTHETIC FIXED AND UPGRADED AND THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN LATER THIS SUMMER THANKS IN PART TO HER ...SHE WAS BY MY SIDE WHEN I TRIED TO CHECK OUT TWICE WITH SEVERE INFECTION OF DIVERTICULITIS WHICH RESULTED IN FULL ON NON REVERSAL ILEOSTOMY (SHADOW)... SHE HUNG IN THERE WHILE IT TOOK ME 2 YEARS TO RECOVER FROM THAT..... SHE HAS BEEN THERE WITH ALL OF THE HEALTH ISSUES THAT I HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH...... SOME OF THEM RESULTING FROM COMBAT MANY YEARS AGO..... SHE WAS SCARED SH---LESS WHEN AN EYE SURGEON TOLD HER THAT I WAS GOING TO GO BLIND IF I DID HAVE EYE SURGERY BEHIND MY EYES TO CAUTERIZED LEAKING BLOOD VESSELS.....SO AGAIN HERE WE GO HAND IN HAND TO YET ANOTHER SURGERY..... THEN CAME THE SINUS SURGERY EARLIER THIS YEAR OPERATING UP NEAR THE CORE OF MY BRAIN DID NOT SET WITH HER WELL.... YET AGAIN MARCIE WAS BY SIDE EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.....

SHE DID ALL OF THIS WHILE MANAGING HER CAREER AS A TOP GUN TEACHER....6TH,5TH AND 4TH GRADERS...WHILE BOTH OF OUR BOYS AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER WERE PUT INT HARMS WAY IN THE FIGHT OR WAR ON TERRORISM....SHE DID THIS WHILE WATCHING HER MOM DIE OF DIABETES AND BREAST CANCER.... ONE OF MY FRIENDS TOLD ME YESTERDAY I MARRIED A SUPERWOMEN... NO I JUST MARRIED MARCIE KATHLEEN ONE HELL OF A MOM, WIFE, SISTER,SISTER-IN-LAW AND GRANDMA. MESS WITH HER AND YOU'LL MESS WITH ME AND I PROMISE YOU IT WON'T BE HEALTHY FOR ANYONE.

MARCIE KATHLEEN ANDERSON IS THE WOMEN I WILL LOVE UNTIL KING NEPTUNE BRING ME HOME WITH MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ARM....
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    getfitgal123
    Weigh day: Sat
    Weigh week: June week 4
    Previous weight: 154
    Current weight: 151.4

Yay back down!
  • Patti705
    Patti705 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Steps:

June 24 - 10,023
    June 25 - 10,019
    June 26 - 10,160
    June 27 - 12,459
    June 28 - 10,009

Quick update to my steps. This was such a long, tiring week. I got my steps in but some days it was tough. Last night it was just too sticky to finish them outside so I did some side to side steps in the house with arm exercises with five pounds weights. It may not be exactly perfect but I'll take it.

Off to the gym. Good weekend everyone.

• runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/28: 20,935
  • runarml
    Options
    Happy Anniversary @Navydaddjtc ! Very sweet letter to your wife.

@shockvalue07 sometimes those diets are so tempting to try but I know that portion control and CICO is really the only thing that works for me and is actually sustainable. I find that as long as I lay off the sugar and alcohol I don't feel hungry or deprived and the weight comes off. It's just so hard to lay off the sugar and alcohol!

I realized last night that I had 12 very ripe bananas (not sure how that happened??) so I've been looking around at healthy recipes to make with them. Usually I would just make banana bread with lots of fat and sugar but this time I made flourless banana chocolate chip muffins, lightened up banana blueberry and banana strawberry breads and some 3 ingredient pancakes. It's all so good! Next up I'm going to try some banana quinoa bars and then my bananas will be about gone :)
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    @getfitgal123 ...WEIGH IN IS POSTED...WTG CONGRATS ON THE LOSS AND BEING BACK DOWN...TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD DO IT

@Patti705 ...STEPS POSTED...ANY WORKOUT IS BETTER THAN NONE AT ALL .. WELL DONE

@runarml ...THANK YOU ERIN ...STEPS POSTED... GOOD ADVICE FOR KIM..THANKS SHARE THOSE RECIPES I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD BANANA RECIPES....
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc Love love loved your note to your wife!! Congratulations!!!
  • megnolia82
    Options
    Happy anniversary @Navydaddjtc! 35 years of tremendous support and partnership.

I wanted to keep my steps under 10,000 today but “holiday” doesn’t mean the kids, dogs, dishes, laundry or weeds are taking a break lol. Maybe tomorrow I can sit down a little more :)
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc

Sunday steps 5838
    Monday steps 11044
    Tuesday steps 12701
    Wednesday steps 13473

My phone may have eaten my steps post.
  • runarml
    Options
    Steps 6/29: 19,938
  • runarml
    Options
    My banana recipes are mostly from skinnytaste.com

https://www.skinnytaste.com/blueberry-banana-bread/
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/roasted-strawberry-banana-bread/
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/4-ingredient-flourless-banana-nut-pancakes/
    (I didn't put the pecans in them so they were only 3 ingredients)

I was going to make banana split bars but my husband and I ate up most of the blueberry bread so I might just make more of that! And another batch of the muffins below - they are really good for satisfying my chocolate craving.

These a friend posted on Facebook -

Flourless, No-sugar-added Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins!
    Ingredients:
    *1 medium ripe banana, peeled
    *1 large egg
    *1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
    *1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (yes Tablespoon…you can use less if you want)
    *1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    *pinch salt, to taste
    *1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    Directions:
    Blend together in blender and pour into non-stick mini muffin pan. (I also sprayed them with olive oil spray)
    Bake at 400* for 6 min.
  • megnolia82
    Options
    I think I’m a little behind on steps reporting.

Wed: 14,273
    Thurs: 18,026
    Fri: 12,446
    Sat: 16,390

Oh for goodness sake. This is me attempting to stay off my feet. No wonder my ankle is sore.
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    THE WEEK 4 STATS ARE IN THE BOOKS
    HERE WE GO
    wo0asv7m3vhw.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 31.3LBS OR 0.12%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Workout Warriors 0.39%
    INDIVIDUAL % COLEEN312 3.21%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 18.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST LOVEBYDRAUG89 5.6

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Workout Warriors 0.39%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.31%
    3rd WaistAways 0.21%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 18.3
    2nd Shrinking Assets 13.2
    3rd WaistAways 8.6

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st COLEEN312 3.21%
    2nd KX7003 2.53%
    3rd LOVEBYDRAUG89 2.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st LOVEBYDRAUG89 5.6
    2nd COLEEN312 4.7
    2ND CLAIRETOMKINSON 4.7
    3rd. KX7003 3.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Abowersgirl
    CLAIRETOMKINSON
    getfitgal123
    luciicul
    SARAMAKINGCHANGES
    KA97
    BUNIPHUPHU
    BARBONICA
    matthewsfive

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE MONTH OF JUNE STATS ARE IN THE BOOKS
    HERE WE GO

oucad8cvckp2.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 215.3 OR 0.61% .....!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.51%
    INDIVIDUAL % buniphuphu 7.94%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 66.5
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST buniphuphu 26.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 1.51%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 1.31%
    3rd WaistAways 1.05%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 66.5
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 52.4
    3rd WaistAways 43.6

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st buniphuphu 7.94%
    2nd coleen312 5.44%
    3rd kx7003 4.93%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st buniphuphu 26.0
    2nd MsKatz1966 10.6
    3rd. jlrush2312 10.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    MsKatz1966
    Moarrein luciicul
    jlrush2312
    CLAIRETOMKINSON
    matthewsfive
    katmary71
    kmfeig87
    Loriab901

• Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED AS THIS POSTING PLEAS MOVE TO OUR NEW TEAM THREAD
    THANKS GREG
This discussion has been closed.