Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 2 (late, sorry)
    PW 154.3
    CW 155.2

A gain, but that's ok. It has been an intense week. My eating was not bad, but just fast stuff made at home and not very mindful. Very little exercise too. Good news is that my work is almost complete and will be in on time for Tuesday. We had an intense assessment for a half day with my son today. It went very well, but I find it draining afterwards. My husband and I will have date night tonight and we are looking forward to it. Oh yes @sleepymom5, the Raptors!! It was pure insanity here in TO. We live in the west end, but even we could hear the cheers, honking and partying from our front porch and it went on most of the night. It is a lovely thing for the team and for our city! We the North! Also, very happy for St. Louis winning their first Stanley Cup ever! I love Boston too, but they have plenty of cups. What a week! I look forward to calmer waters after my Tuesday deadline.

@cyndiesstuff - Congratulations to you and Jim and wishing you all of the best for the rest of your lives! You look absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing photos of your big day! Hope that you get that job and have a lovely time on your honeymoon!

@kirsten11872 - NJ Devils are good and they have been my team a few times when the Maple Leafs did not make the playoffs. My boys are Maple Leaf fans like us and it is pretty much all hockey all of the time in our family with the boys playing through the year. My big confession is that I cannot even skate! I was born in Canada, but my parents came from Italy and I never learned! I used to bribe boys with chocolate bars to pull me around the local rink when I was a kid. I am too afraid to learn now as I might break something!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Everyone is all caught up except @baby_carrit and @hkfleming ! Good work! I'm just the moderator passing through checking up on all the teams in advance of our Sunday morning tally. Hope to see those last two messages by morning!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    We were sitting around the pool all day. I thought the water was a little cold to go in. Drank a few more than planned but that's ok. Tomorrow is a new day. My sons gf was over talking about the shower so I explained my situation to her. She is not exactly sure why her sister is saying only a small amount of people can come. Her family is big also. She was going to speak with her. I said I do not want to step on her toes I have no problem going to her sister shower and then having one and inviting them. Or they can move it to my house or how about accept my money and have it some place. So we will see. I really do not care about these people but I am trying to keep the peace.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    @kirsten11872 Nice loss! Sorry about work, that is crazy. Hope things get better.
    @Cafelelia I am glad that you are going to meet your deadline on Tuesday. Then are you done? Hopefully you will have time focusing on you for a bit!
    @ljdanny Good idea to keep the peace since now you are going to be involved with them with the little one. I am glad you got to speak directly to the GF as sons don't always get it right Lol! Sounds like you had a nice day around the pool. Have a nice day tomorrow!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Saturday
    Food ate on track
    Water not enough
    Exercise 40 minute walk and put together a smoker that i got Jim for fathers, birth, and wedding day!!
    Steps 10250

spent time with my youngest son yesterday. i sure do miss having him around. but he has made his family in Florida and that won't change. so it is what it is. we got all the grass mowed yesterday before the rain. the garden is drowning. oh well nothing we can do about that either. i got the laundry done and we made our plans for our honeymoon. we are going to grand rapids, there we will visit Fred Meijer gardens, do a beer tour of the brewerys in town (theres like 8) and visit the Gerald Ford Museum. then we are going to Silver lakes sand dunes and going to rent a dune buggy and go baaa haaaa ing!! then a trip thru kalamazoo to see the Bell's Brewery, the Kal-Haven Trail and then home. now sure how much i will be checking in. but i will be reading, so make sure to have a nice week, and remember to make you plan.

@lenka1 thanks he is a sweety.

@Mrsbell8well it certainly was a whirlwind day. it couldn't have been more perfect. and omg! that would have been sooo cool for you to crash. it was a very small gathering. very intimate. i wish my folks could have been there but they couldn't. and my oldest was in rehab. thats ok tho. like i said. i couldn't have been more perfect. yeah, your in DC. you have fun.

@Shirin_K it was a wonderful day. could not have been more perfect.

@Zumba_Luvah yes. if you take your TDEE and subtract 500 you get the 1882 they are talking about. if you lose 500 calories a day, in one week you should lose a pound. do you weigh, measure and log your food? when is the last time you had a physical? your daily calories you posted here look like you should be losing. so there is something else going on. how about the sodium in your food? how are you sleeping? how about water? are you under stress? there are so many things that can affect the number on the scale. it is frustrating, but you will figure this out if you keep going. the only way it won't work is if you quit. this is a new life style you are building and it will be hard. but remember you will be hungry sometimes, it is inevitable. but being hungry won't kill you or get you pregnant. now make a 24 hour plan, a doable plan. a plan that you will at least 90% accomplish. check things off your list as you accomplish them. lets build the momentum. this the the last time we are going to lose this weight. in order to make that true, you have a build a new you that you can live with forever. get busy girl, you have work to do!!

@Moarrein how did your marathon go? wow, you are very active! that is a great job.

@nstephenson01 thanks nancy!! it was a great day!

@pacsnc6 not sure when i will be starting the new job. i am on vacation till the 25th, then there are some hoops i have to jump thru for my home office. its a process. but i cannot wait to get there. ohhh what a beautiful life.

@Julie8468 ohhh girl, i wanna see that happy dance... you know how many calories that burns? God has truly answered my prayers.

@eyesopennow ohhh thanks buddy. my heart is singing!!

@carlsoda i think we will do that. because you are right. all the pieces seemed to fall together all at once. i am truly feeling elated!! i need you for my tech. it has kinda passed me by. i can research it and learn it but it is not my fav thing. i hate getting a new phone and trying to relearn everything. lol ohhh and look at hubbs getting on the activity train. we are truly creating a beautiful new life.

@sleepymom5 go get in that water. i promise no piranhas are in there. you can do this. and yes that is my youngest son. he is the jokester. life is moving on and we are building the new pam. she gets in the water!! i saw her do it. and she did really well and it helped her hip.

@kirsten11872 ohhh yea! the scale is moving in the right direction. good job, keep up the hard work.

@hope002 ok whats going on? i know this gets tough but your tougher. time to refocus your energies. start by making a plan and sticking to it. what can we do to help? come.... talk to us. you can do this, i promise. this is not easy. start with square one.... what will you do today? what is the next best step? it is just one day. you can do one day.

@Cafelelia i am so glad you are getting your son assessed. that has to be a load off your mind. stress can really play havoc with that fickle scale. you just keep working your plan. this is it for us. this is the last time we are going to lose this weight. i did get that job, i was getting my hair done for my wedding and i got the call offering me the position!! what an amazing day.

@jugar i really thank you for pitching in. i will be leaving on my honeymoon tomorrow and i don't know how much i will be able to check in. you are a great asset to our group. thank you for all you do! you Rock!!

@ljdanny i am so glad you talked to your sons girlfriend. it is very important to keep the lines of communication open. but of course, i know i don't have to tell you that. good job at keeping the peace, you are going to be a great gramma!!

@DananaNanas that scale sure can be fickle. there are so many things that can affect the number on the scale besides calories in and calories out. i know we all know this, and it is still hard to swallow. are you logging your food? measuring your portions? sodium? sleep? water? 24 hour plan? this takes work. and the more you do it the more it will become habit. then it won't feel like work any more. you got this lady!!

• sleepymom5
    Options
    Daily check in Saturday
    Food didn't log, probably over
    Water 48oz
    Exercise Walked most of day.
    Steps 12,730

I had a nice day yesterday. I got a lot of steps in but they were leisurely and spaced out. My hip is a little sore but not too bad. Certainly not as bad as I expected! I spent a lot of time with my oldest daughter the past two days. We see each other but usually have others around. He husband is away most of this month at a job site. Usually they are a package deal. I like her husband but it is nice to spend time with just her. She left with MK today. Mk doesn't have to work until Thursday so she wanted to go to see friends in PA (and hopefully clean her room ;)) Now I have the unique opportunity to just plan for myself for 4 days. I am actually excited. I am hoping to get myself back where I was before Florida. I am going to be cleaning but that is it. Should be easy to do with no one here.

Today-prelogged food, I am going to get at least 64 oz of water but I am shooting for more, 30 min bike ride and walking at least 20 min. No kayak as it is windy and swimming is out today for that reason. I am going to try though. Even if I just get in to kick my feet...

@Danananas Sounds to me like you had a good week. Do not let that gain upset you. I bet anything that it is due to the BC. Keep doing what you are doing!
    @cyndiesstuff You are doing great with all the celebrating! Your honeymoon sounds awesome! Enjoy every moment! What an exciting time in your life!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Great amazing job @Moarrein !

My BIL and I skipped the lake run and ran around their neighborhood. 5.2 miles ending w 3 hills. Hot. My fastest pace yet 12:05. I was really happy with that. Even forgot my earbuds but stuck my phone in my bra and played my music anyway. Slept terrible. I had several items yesterday with natural cane sugar. I think it may have kept me up. Glad to sweat it all out through a nice detoxifying run. I usually run solo. Jeff stayed up ahead of me which was just perfect.
    Leaving back home soon then pool party for Father’s Day. Just our family. Mom’s cooking but I will find something to eat. Looking forward to a floatie and relaxation
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Congrats @cyndiesstuff !!! You looked so beautiful and happy :)
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bmaison2014
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 207.8
    CW: 208.6

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Daily check in Saturday
    Food logged yes under
    Water 64 oz
    Exercise walked museums
    Steps 11,461

Skylynn had a good time at the museums with her best friend. SIL went with us and did a lot of navigating. We took the metro into the city. Molly and I are both introverts. Was really challenging to be with so many people for so long. I Came back and stayed upstairs for a few hours to regroup. Before we took the metro we stopped at the grocery store. I filled a tote with a large pack of organic strawberries, nectarines, “Kind” protein breakfast bars, smart pop popcorn, pistachios, vegan brownie bites and water for everyone. They were making fun of me but when we got hungry they were sure happy to have treats.
    Glad it’s done.
    This weeks focus is FUN. Molly and I came up with 3 things each. 2 out of 3 we matched lol. So this week includes ping pong night at the arcade, thrift store night hunting for some treasures, frisbee golf and a hike next Sunday with a gourmet picnic. It feels like such a strange focus and we’re so excited.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in

Calories - over by a bit
    Water 1.5 l
    Exercise - 7022 steps

Happy Father’s Day!! We prepared a lovely breakfast for my husband and he gets some free time now.

@cyndiesstuff - congrats on the new job!!! You are right, this is the last time I am losing the same 20 to 30 pounds! I have managed to keep around 15 lbs off for a year now & the next 15 or so are going. I am hovering around the same numbers right now but those numbers will go down & stay down for good this time. We’ve got this! Now enjoy that honeymoon!

@Moarrein 69 km is incredible!! Nothing but admiration here! What is your calorie intake before, during and after a race like that?

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff your pictures are beautiful!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @Moarrein did u wear a Fitbit? How long did it take you?
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @Moarrein Wow! That is amazing! I am sure you are exhausted! I think it is awesome that you still went for it even though you aren't in the shape you were last year. You still must be in pretty fantastic shape to do what you did! You should be proud of yourself!
    @Mrsbell8well Sounds like DC was fun! Congrats on your new personal best time with the run! Awesome! And with hills! Enjoy your well deserved relaxing afternoon in the pool! Enjoy your focus of FUN next week!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    ht8e2mrn1cgj.jpeg
    To this weeks biggest "LOSERS"
    1st place- @gottagetthisdown
    2nd place- @twyla77
    3rd place-@gingerpwr

Awesome job this week ladies!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    rz7ev9rp0f1l.jpeg
    @eyesopennow A little late but hope you are having fun at your barbecue!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Happy father's day Day any dads in the group!

We're having grilled chicken and baked beans tonight, and I made a broccoli salad with a honey dijon dressing and cheddar drop biscuits.
    Yummy town here we come!

Finish the weekend strong! Love to all y'all!
This discussion has been closed.