WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @DananaNanas I’m not a home gym person either, and have a gym membership at a local club that is not anytime fitness, and did have reservations about the annual contracts.

We (my son and I) started out with a 1 week pass, and did a different class every single day (no Zumba was the deal), then added another week paid to see if we would keep going. By week 3, the annual membership seemed less of a problem. I want to workout long-term and need a place I could stick to forever. So we opted for a long term membership. (Teens are cheaper) Since starting in March, I have a usual locker I use (I used to forget all the time what locker I had), know the class schedule, which instructors I like, what weights/props to pull out at the begging of class, know what elliptical has the best view over the park without getting the sun in my eyes, found people I already know, some of the instructors know us by name and I love how they say how nice it is to see us coming back and look forward to whatever new playlist they have built for that week. I’m over the “don’t look at me” phase, I honestly felt so self conscious at first, but accept that now both my son and I are sometimes “goofs”, we’ve clocked ourselves with the weights, fell off bosu balls, my son got a bloody nose (long story) and generally have no rhythm.

Your suggestion for anytime fitness seems to be actually pretty cool, with 24/7 access, and to more than just one club.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    biwlhzn7lug7.jpeg

Sunday weigh ins still due
    @cassiegetsfit2013
    @twyla77

Monday Weigh Ins still due
    @Amsandos
    @baby_carrit

Tuesday's Weigh Ins
    @phoebe112476

Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @Mrsbell8well
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Daily log for Monday June 17
    Food logged: yes over
    Water: not enough, stressful day was working with coffee to get my energy up
    Sleep last night very bad, woke up many times with nightmares
    Vitamins: forgot, oh Mondays..
    exercise: yes strength class with son
    Steps: not much 6,539
    Alcohol: one glass of white left over from Father’s Day. Husband is gone again, so it was all mine :)

All was good for food until kids went to bed, should have gone to my room, but hung out in kitchen instead.
    Tomorrow is very exciting for us, my baby boy who is 11 yrs old is graduating from grade six. The grad ceremony is tomorrow afternoon.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Logged yes and over
    Water 10 cups
    Exercise 45 minutes walk, plank
    Steps 7761

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Monday
    Food logged and under
    Exercise yoga 30
    Steps 5202
    Slept last night 8 hours 13 minutes

Physically I was feeling run down just a bit last night. I will take a zinc tablet this morning. I have not been sick in over 9 months maybe longer. Aside from a few scattered headaches. And zero meds since October. Might be from jumping into a cold swimming pool lol.

Thanks for the well wishes on my sister.

Tomorrow’s my weigh in. I will ck the scale this morning to see where I’m at and what tweaking I may need to do. My problem is that I can get very scale obsessive. It’s been good to take a 2 week break.

@DananaNanas join the gym.
    @julie8468 I really enjoyed your post on your gym experiences. I hate restless nights. Hope today is better for you.

Tonight we’re going “thrifting” to our favorite thrift store. I hate my clothes feeling baggie. But I decided I would like some looser relaxed jeans and a looser white T-shirt that doesn’t look sloppy. Some nice black slacks too. Most of my wardrobe these days is very fitted. I think I was showing off my new skinny body lol.

• sleepymom5
    Options
    Daily check in Monday
    Food logged and on track
    Exercise walk 20 min and bike ride 30 min
    Steps 9004
    Not too bad of a day yesterday. Shooting for the same today. I am starting to clean down here today so may not get as many steps as yesterday. It is already hot and humid out, we are supposed to have storms later. I think I am going to get out ASAP on the bike. My hip is actually feeling better. It is still there but not as painful. I have been good with my PT exercises, ice and taking ibuprofen every 8 hours. I have actually taken that from 800mg to 600mg. Today I am going to start the 400mg and see how I do. I am still waiting for insurance to approve the MRI and then I can schedule it. Well, got to go if I want to get out on that bike! Hope everyone has a great day!

@Julie8468 Hopefully you have a better day today. Sometimes if I have a lot of caffeine I have difficulty sleeping. Happy graduation to your son! Enjoy the day!
    @hope002 Great day yesterday! Hope you have another good day today!
    @Mrsbell8well Enjoy your thrift shopping night! Sounds fun! Hope you are feeling better after the zinc.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    ymyfwu1tb4yg.jpeg

Another MFP friend posted this and I had to share with all of you
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Food - was going good but blew it in the afternoon
    Water - great
    Exercise - almost 11,000 steps and yoga

Yesterday was one of those days where I forgot what I'm supposed to do when I have a craving. I just acted and didn't even think of counting down from 90. Practice makes perfect right? But I did get back on track right away and have a good dinner and made sure I got my steps and some yoga in.

Today's plan:

Food - all planned out for the day
    Water - already working on my first big ole' glass
    Exercise - aiming for 12,000 steps today!

NO MINDLESS SNACKING .... PERIOD!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in: Monday
    Food: Logged breakfast and lunch but not dinner
    Water: Good
    Exercise & Steps: 30 minute dog walk, 90 minutes yoga; 10,490 steps

Crazy storm last night with plenty of lightening and thunder. Fun to watch and luckily haven't heard of any new wildfires. Our dog Willow has lost much of her hearing so thankfully thunder doesn't terrify her like it used to. Full day of yard work planned but I want to take the the dogs for a quick walk first to help with my step count. I'm aiming for 10,000 steps 6 days/week. Breakfast and lunch are pre-logged. Dinner is a new recipe... broccoli slaw and chicken stir-fry so not sure how I will log it.

I don't want to log my food for the rest of my life so I'm thinking of ways to transition from logging without putting the weight back on of course LOL. Pre-logging food for the day at least gives an idea of how many calories I have left for dinner. I'm also thinking about two dinners/week being vegetarian. No way I can do that when Hubby is home so I'm curious to give it a try while he is away. Last night's butternut squash and black bean enchiladas were crazy good! I didn't miss the meat one bit.

@sleepymom5 LOL... no, the goats were a one time event. Glad to hear your hip is feeling somewhat better. Hope it continues to improve.

Gotta get going before it gets too hot. Have a great day everyone!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    HEY THERE WEIGHT NO MORE JUMP ON OVER AND SUPPORT THIS POSTING FOR THE GROUP
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10750243/july-2019-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group/p1?new=1
    COME ON LETS PROMOTE OUR GROUP AND KICK THE OTHER TO THE CURB..
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    HEHEHEHEHE I AM BACK AT IT AGAIN
    JUMP ON OVER AND SUPPORT THIS POSTING FOR THE GROUP
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10750247/july-2019-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group/p1?new=1
    COME ON LETS PROMOTE OUR GROUP AND KICK THE OTHER TO THE CURB..
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    sorry I am a day late here it is really busy at work.

weekly weigh in
    Username:amsandos
    Week 3
    Weigh in Day:Monday
    Previous Weight: 137
    Current Weight: 137

I am holding steady which is ok because I am not planning or journalling my food at the moment. I am also not eating to a +2. I am not over eating but I am going to +4 if I am honest which means i am not creating an energy deficit. The other thing is the slimer you are the smaller your margins of error. I have a healthy BMI while I am by no means skinny I am wondering if I really willing to eat less than I am now in order to maintain a slimer body. I like the idea of being 127 but do I like the idea enough to do the work. My current behaviour seems to suggest not. I am liking my sugar ban though. I think I need to make it a permenant fixture at work as it seems to be stopping me from gaining weight.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I have such an addictive personality that the zip lock bag thing would never work. I’ve even tried to put the remaining nuts in my car - but I live alone and it’s nothing to slip on my shoes and head out to my car to dig into the rest of my nuts in the middle of the night!! I spend a lot of money on nuts because I buy the smaller bags. Isn’t that a crazy addiction?
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week3
    PW: 167.9
    CW: 167.9
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Good day today! I will check in tomorrow! Have a good night everyone!

@carlsoda I have been doing the same thing! I don't even know what to suggest. Hopefully the more we do it, it will start becoming more ingrained in our heads. Ugh! Liked you plan for the day, I hope it went well!
    @nstephenson01 I think that you will know when you don't have to log anymore. Now you are figuring out the calories for the day and how you can fit it in. Eventually you will get the hang of it I am sure. I am pretty sure I will have to do it the rest of my life. For some reason I think I can eat what I want when I am not logging. So funny to hear the girl who was getting clobbered with snow all winter had to go before it got to hot Lol! Hope you had a good day!
    @amsandos I am still trying to figure out eating to a plus 2. They said it takes a lot of practice. So what are you thinking? Do you not want to lose and maintain? I think being at a healthy BMI is good. You eat healthy and exercise a lot. You are really doing well! If you are happy, then work on maintaining.
    @lennoncpa I could see me doing the same thing! Lol! That is why I just stay away from them. If I remember correctly, you started eating to avoid sweets...
    @phoebe112476 Moving is so much work. It will be all worth it in the end. Hang in there! It must have been such a good feeling to go to yoga and actually improved! I am not surprised, we don't always think when we are doing physical work that we are actually exercising. Good luck with all that you are doing. Hope the old house can get on the market soon so you can enjoy your new home.
  • sleepymom5
    edited June 2019
    Options
    q16jjhfin8bq.jpeg
    Is it Wednesday already?!

Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @Mrsbell8well

Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01