• beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bmaison2014
    Week 1
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 209
    CW: 209

I need a new battery for my scale so I’m going to use last weeks’s weigh in until I can get an accurate weigh in.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Sunday
    Food perfecto! Logged under
    Water 64 oz
    Exercise weeding/cleaning
    Steps 8292
    Yoga 35 minutes

We are almost ready with rental. Molly is going back Tuesday to Murphy all the wood floors. We miss the Cottage but love the Castle. I was so tired last night but made myself do yoga at 9pm.
    Very busy productive day at work today.
    Great job everyone!!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Yesterday I had planned to make peanut butter chocolate bars and blackberry oat bars for the freezer. Nope I have 6 weeks to get serious. Had a big salad for dinner that I didn’t want. Turned out it was delicious! I’m so happy to be focused again.
    Today’s plan log and yoga
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    ohhhh I am so nervous. I did spend some time today creating responses to the standard behavioral questions. my company is big on them. so now I have like 8 situations that could fit quite a few questions. the interview is tomorrow morning at 830.

@pacsnc6 ohhh yea! one snack. you can do this. what will you do when you get the urge to snack? have you thought of some other things you can do in it's place?

@Moarrein I got your weigh in day changed to Friday, so you are all set there. ohhh yea! girls got a plan and she is executing it!! when you execute your plan consistently it helps build momentum. your doing great! I love to dance while I clean!! such a great use of energy. and sing too. singing produces feel good hormones! win win

@Cafelelia you have a very good plan. you can totally do this. june is going to be a great month.

@carlsoda love your 4 circles!! keep up that consistency! you are a rock star!!

@sleepymom5 omgosh. what a great NSV. you analyzed your plan, learned from your behavior and are changing it so it meets your goals. I am sooooo proud of you. this is the last time we are losing this weight girl.

@jedaschultz hey Deb!! vacation got ya! time to buckle down. it will come off fast. how are you doing? what are your goals for june? what's your plan lady?

@ljdanny ohhhh yea. good job at preplanning you walk while you wait. that is great work.

@eyesopennow you are killing it with those steps. do you know how many miles that is? you have come a long way literally! we got this. how often do you weigh? is it just once a week? how much water do you drink? do you make a 24 hour plan in advance of your day?

@bmaison2014 that's fine. get out there and get that battery. how are you doing? did you make a plan for june?

@Mrsbell8well my rental's lease will be up at the end of this month. they have been great tenants. rent always on time and house looks great but lived in! I will continue on with them on a month to month basis is they would like. I really don't feel like looking for more great tenants. but if they are leaving and they may be because he is in the military and he may get stationed somewhere else. there will be tons of work we have to do to get it ready to rerent. but it has provided us with a great income over the last two years. and log and yoga it is. so far so good. I see you have logged everything but your dinner. were gonna do this Angelina! this is our time!

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    This is a good TED talks on YouTube. Give it a listen

https://youtu.be/29Vj0-TVHiQ
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ohhhh I am so nervous. I did spend some time today creating responses to the standard behavioral questions. my company is big on them. so now I have like 8 situations that could fit quite a few questions. the interview is tomorrow morning at 830.

Good luck! You won't need it, though -- you are prepared, you are qualified, and you are the right fit. They already know this, you just have to make them realize it!
    @eyesopennow you are killing it with those steps. do you know how many miles that is? you have come a long way literally! we got this. how often do you weigh? is it just once a week? how much water do you drink? do you make a 24 hour plan in advance of your day?

I step on the scales every morning, but the daily fluctuations don't get me excited. I am getting at least 8 glasses of water a day now, and have been for about a month. (Prior to that it was about 6.) I stepped up the water when I really stepped up the walking -- I haven't been below 10000 steps in several weeks.

As for 24 hour plans...... telling you the truth, no I do not. I plan lunch each morning (I usually pack it from whatever is in the fridge and freezer.) I plug that into MFP as I am packing it, and the total calories for lunch determines whether I have anything for breakfast. I do my very best to stay under 650 calories most days for lunch and breakfast combined.

I cannot plan dinner, Wyfe controls that, but she tries to avoid multiple starches and sugar for me. But I can at least react to whatever is for dinner -- limit portions or skip certain things she's prepared. I plan the day around a total of 1200-1350 calories (plus a small portion of exercise calories earned) but how I get there isn't really well planned. Make sense?

The biggest bugaboo is having to manage blood sugar highs and lows. I take insulin, and the amount I take is dependent in what the finger prick reading is. Walking more or yoga or whatever burns sugar, and depending on what insulin I have on board and how long it's been in there and when/what I ate last, I may have to feed the beast to stop shaking from a sudden dip in sugar. I try to adjust the insulin on the front end as well, but managing sugar while limiting calories is a lot like driving a car on ice -- there is a tendency to overcorrect no matter which way you are sliding. And of course insulin itself has a tendency to inhibit weight loss. So the sooner I can get the weight off, the sooner I can stop taking so much of the drug, etc. If you look at today's lunch, for instance -- cup of green beans, cup of pasta with low fat cheese, 3/4 cup sauteed squash, 10 cherries and two small red peppers totaling 357 calories -- I consider that pretty successful (okay, the pasta was a little indulgent). But by 2:30 I needed a hershey's miniature from a nearby candy jar because my sugar was at 60 postprandial and I was quivering. And I am not quite feeling "right" yet! And that's 45 calories that look like I am chowing down but are in reality quasi-medical.

All that being said.... I am keeping my eyes on where I want to get to, and trying to just manage the midcourse correction issues as I go. Call that a plan?

• Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I drink tons of water so I'm good there. I've lost lots of times before so I know what works. My goal for June is to be less than what I was for my May starting weight(194.4. Im 196 right now.) My goal for the summer is get back to 189. I'm going to try to stick to 1200 calories or less and make sure I'm counting and recounting every single thing I eat.

@sleepymom5 I dont take measurements anymore. I used to. But no my clothes aren't fitting any different. I'm trying to stay under 1200 calories this week and hopefully I will see a loss on Saturday
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Monday everyone. I feel like I’m slowly getting back on track. The right frame of mind is essential to success and it takes away the “pain” of a healthy lifestyle. I don’t know if that makes sense but when I’m struggling with eating healthy it’s a mentally painful process. The pain makes me get down on myself in so many areas of my life. So I’m starting to feel like I can breathe better. And I can stop hating myself!!!
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    User ID: gottagetthisdown
    Week Number: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 165
    Current weight: 165.2
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well oh my gosh, thank you so much for the yogurt tip! i had my morning pill with half of a yogurt cup, and i saved the other half of the yogurt for my afternoon pill, and it worked! i didn’t feel nauseous at all! thank you so much! ❤️
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow, @cyndiesstuff - you’re going to do so great, i just know it!
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow @cyndiesstuff ! You got this!

The situational interview is what we do at my work also. My tip would be to make sure you identify and discuss how the scenario impacts each person/company and how you would address it. Ex. So each perspective in the scenario: The client, your boss, your employee, the team, the company’s reputation and mission, the quality or timelines for delivery of the service or product, etc..
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Monday
    Food Logged and on track
    Water 96 oz
    Exercise Hip stretches and 30 min walk on the beach
    Steps 9500

I had a good day today. It is like my attitude just turned around after my little light bulb moment this am. I ate well and logged. I still had Halo top after dinner but it was in my plan. I am not sure if I can check in again until tomorrow night. I have to get out of here early and want to walk on the beach. I leave on Wednesday. I can't wait to go home.

@jedaschultz Hope you enjoyed your vacation! Now back to work! ;)
    @ljdanny Great job getting up so early to work out! I do the Leslie Sansone on YouTube incase you have your heart set on it and that happens again. How did it work out with you all trying to get out the door at the same time? Hopefully smoothly.
    @eyesopennow Wow! That is amazing! Great job!! It must be pretty cool to look back and see how awesome you have been doing!
    @bmaison2014 No problem! Hopefully the battery does the trick!
    @Mrsbell8well Another productive weekend! Glad you are focused again!
    @cyndiesstuff Good luck tomorrow! I know you will do great!
    @eyesopennow Sounds like you have a good plan, diabetes does make things more difficult!
    @Zumba_Luvah Great goals! You got this!
    @lennoncpa A lot of this is mental. Negative self talk doesn't help at all. Why don't your try to focus on what you are doing well instead of what you aren't happy with. There are no "failures" sometimes you go off plan and that is ok. Just learn from it and move on.
    @gottagetthisdown I have your weight last week as 168.3 so that is a great loss this week! The week before you were at 165. Hope all is going well!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    dfpk5xsh6m21.jpeg

Monday's Weigh In still due-
    @baby_carrit

Tuesday Weigh In
    @phoebe112476

Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @Mrsbell8well

Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01
    @Shirin_K
    @Cyndiesstuff
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Monday:
    • Food - Logged & under :):):)
    • Water - 2.5 l
    • Exercise - 90 min dancing while doing housework + 45 min walking
    • Steps - 15143

My plan for today:
    • 20 min yoga
    • Plan A: 60 min of jogging
    • Plan B: 60 min weight lifting
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Daily check in Monday
    Food-yes logged under
    Water not so good
    Exercise nope
    Steps 5273

Very busy productive day at work.
    For my creative focus of the week, I took out my story I was writing from last year. I really enjoyed reading it. Hoping to write more tonight.
    I have an all day meeting 2 hours away. Need to get my food packed.
    @twyla77 so glad the yogurt worked.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @eyesopennow i have noticed that you are really upping your step count. are you still doing your yoga? and good job at getting in that water. as you know it is very important. have you and you lovely wife ever thought about menu planning and food prepping for the week on the previous weekend? maybe it is a change that might help. it would be an adjustment at first but then you would know exactly what you were eating most days. just a thought. and it does make sense. and the insulin thing is a tough one. are you insulin dependent forever? or if you lose this weight would you be able to stop? and todays lunch looks like a huge win. and the noodles are not indulgent at all. everything in moderation!! no and i get that your candy is medical. my mom has a container of skittles just for the same purpose. and i love your plan, its a little willy nilly like you!! good job Buddy!!

@Zumba_Luvah you are doing awesome at making your plan. i love it!!

@lennoncpa ohhh man. lets talk about positive self talk and self soothing. a lot of us were never taught how to do this. i really think that this is something that could really help you. the words we say to ourselves are very powerful. try writing out some positive encouraging statements and then practice saying them to yourself out loud every time you go to the bathroom. not; i will stop eating junk. stop and junk are negative. say, i feed my body with top quality fuel. See the difference? i talk to myself in the mirror. it seems silly at first but if no one has ever told you how great you are or that you are successfully managing your life, who better to tell you than yourself.

@gottagetthisdown hey girl! nice loss. i am showing a different previous weight for you. how are you doing? what is you plan for june? what will you start, stop, and keep doing? time to make a plan. we are going to do this in june.

@twyla77 thanks! i am hoping this is part of my new path.

@Julie8468 thanks! i am going to do this with style!! and great tips on the interview. i include my boss in my situations but didn't think about including the company as a whole. great idea.

@sleepymom5 look at you go girl. old behavior snuck in and you grabbed that ball and pushed it down the other side of the hill. did you yell at it, something like, "get over here, we don't do that anymore, this is the way we do it now" lol! you continue to amaze me! and thanks for the luck. now i am ready to just get it over with and move on.

@Moarrein wow you had a great day yesterday. on track, it was just one day and you conquered it. the more days you do that the more momentum you will build.

@Mrsbell8well ohh, that would be great if you worked on you book. whats it about? you have a safe drive to your meeting

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    l17p77ixwbly.png
This discussion has been closed.