Is anyone starting July 1st?

Replies

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    edited August 2019
    W5D3, i did stop many times during the 20 min run so im going to repeat the 20 min run a few times before Monday.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    W5D3, i did stop many times during the 20 min run so im going to repeat the 20 min run a few times before Monday.

Try slowing down a bit more next time you attempt it to see if that helps.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    W6D2 done!

I registered for a 5k on September 14. It's called "The Worst 5k Ever". Promises to be a fun event! I should be pretty close to being able to run 5k by then.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Go for it @Just_Ceci
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,373 Member
    Did W7D2 while on holiday on the hotel gym's treadmill last Friday, just finished W7D3 today - can't believe we're nearly on the final week! Looked a little less like I was about to have a stroke at the end of today's run too, which is nice 😏
  • savannahs21
    W6D1,doing pretty good with being able to run longer.

I did the 20 min run from last friday 3 times with some stopping. When i felt like i really had to stop i did try to at least run 5 mins before stopping.
  • ScrambledPawn
    ScrambledPawn Posts: 59 Member
    Week 2 (August 12 - August 18)

Run 4 (August 12)

- Type of Run: Cadence Drill - 10 minutes warm up walk; 2 minutes cadence test (150-200spm); 10 minutes cool down walk
    - Total Time Exercised: 22 Minutes
    - Distance Travelled: 1.36 Miles
    - Optional Thoughts: Repeat of Run 2, got more of a feel for keeping a fixed cadence, averaging out around 185-190spm. Need to slow down to a more manageable speed in the long-term as that rate is likely not maintainable past the initial mile come October.

Run 5 (August 14)
    - Type of Run: Cadence Drill - 10 minutes warm up walk; 2 minutes cadence test (165-175spm); 10 minutes cool down walk
    - Total Time Exercised: 22 Minutes
    - Distance Travelled: 1.44 Miles
    - Optional Thoughts: I feel this drill came at the perfect time to help remedy the concerns left over from Run 4 about finding a good maintenance pace; successfully stayed within the time cadence allowance and getting a much better hold of running smoothly while taking smaller strides.

Run 6 (August 16)
    - Type of Run: Run Walk Run - 10 minutes warm up walk; 0.5 mile run/walk/run; 10 minutes cool down walk
    - Total Time Exercised: 27 Minutes, 26 seconds
    - Distance Travelled: 1.61miles
    - Optional Thoughts: Managed to beat my total time from last week by a full minute and 16 seconds, which feels amazing and shows that these cadence tests really are doing their job; felt similarly difficult to gauge the perfect zone though as I feel I'm still subconsciously trying to make up for the rest periods of the Run Walk Run method which would likely burn me out long before the end of a 5K. Next week doubles the running period to 1 mile, so I intend to try to pace myself more accurately to what feels more comfortable in that time.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    W4D3 done with my co-worker! On to Week 5 on Wednesday.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Nice work everyone, can't wait to get back to it
  • Just_Ceci
    W6D3 done! Stopped once to stretch the calves. No more intervals!
  • TheMrWobbly
    After a week of slower walking and cycling I went for a 5.2k power walk this morning. Unfortunately the niggle is still there though I found a stride pattern that didn't seem to aggravate it as much so still managed it 41:24. I will keep to the gentler stuff for a few more days.
  • VanVanDiane
    After a week of slower walking and cycling I went for a 5.2k power walk this morning. Unfortunately the niggle is still there though I found a stride pattern that didn't seem to aggravate it as much so still managed it 41:24. I will keep to the gentler stuff for a few more days.

Take care - I know how irritating it is to be benched with injury but better to wait it out so you can come back strong. I'd recommend repeating the previous week when you restart - or even starting again from the beginning if you can bear it.
  • VanVanDiane
    W8D1 bites the dust! 🏃🏽‍♀️😁
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    @saresimsr36 you may want to consider sharing your progress here. Lots of encouraging people
  • savannahs21
    W6D2, the 10 min is getting easier! I didnt have to stop.
  • Just_Ceci
    I made it out last night after a storm rolled through and cooled things off a bit- w7d1- 2.5 miles straight without stopping in just under 32 minutes!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    @VanVanDiane love the new pic!
    Did W5D1 on the treadmill last night as it was too hot out.... I survived but holy did I sweat!

Have a great Thursday!
  • VanVanDiane
    Thanks @showjumper - I'm trying to embrace my curls rather than ironing it straight all the time. W8D2 done - can't believe there's only one more run before we're supposed to do a full 5K - feels like a big jump from 30 to 40 minutes running- guess I need to slow down for it
  • savannahs21
    W6D3, well today didnt go so well but ill keep trying this weekend.