Is anyone starting July 1st?

Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! Keep it going! I've taken a few days break as TOM has made an appearance and I'm not feeling too great. I'm hopeful I'll do W6R1 tomorrow! Wish me luck.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I also completed W2D2 yesterday. I am traveling tomorrow, so may not get to run until Saturday.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Good luck @Perla4686
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Good luck @Perla4686

Thanks!
    W6R1 done! Woohoo! I felt like giving up a few times but pushed myself to finish it. Hard work. Feeling good now.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    W2D3 - Got it in early this morning as time and temperature are getting oppressive during the day. Felt very tired afterwards though it might be the early morning that did that.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    W2D3, feeling good. Im thinking about upping my speed to 3.1 MPH for jogging/running. I have to up my speed very slowly because if i up it too much too fast i know ill quit. Looking forward to Monday!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    W2D3, feeling good. Im thinking about upping my speed to 3.1 MPH for jogging/running. I have to up my speed very slowly because if i up it too much too fast i know ill quit. Looking forward to Monday!
    I recommend continuing to go slowly. Build endurance first. Going slowly will help you make it through the 20 minute interval in week 5 day 3.
  • savannahs21
    edited July 2019
    Options
    So far my jogging speed is 3.0 MPH. Should i keep it at 3.0?
    @emmamcgarity
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    So far my jogging speed is 3.0 MPH. Should i keep it at 3.0?
    @emmamcgarity

I wouldn’t worry about miles per hour but focus on how you feel. Keep it at a conversational pace. The mph will be different for each person, and as you build endurance the pace at which you can still hold a conversation will change. I find that the heat and humidity can also affect my pace on a given day.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    I find pace a little odd, firstly I don't want to push to hard as I know just how overweight I am. When I am just walking I walk quite quickly and my pace on C25k averages about the same as I jog quicker but walk slower. I guess as the jog stage gets longer that overall pace will quicken though it doesn't matter if it not much as long as my jogging stage gets longer in time which is where I struggle right now.
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's great seeing all of the updates here. I just completed W5D2 today. I remember this week being challenging the last time I completed the program and it remains true this time. I've been pushing through though. Good luck to everyone.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    W3D1 tick, I'm doing Sun, Tue, Thu this week as I have meetings on Monday and on the road all day Friday. Still with you @savannahs21 .
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck on your meeting! @TheMrWobbly
  • savannahs21
    Options
    W3D1, my feet and legs burn but i feel great!
    How is everyone?
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    W6R2 completed. Was seriously hard, nearly quit a few times. Does it ever get any easier?
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    W6R2 completed. Was seriously hard, nearly quit a few times. Does it ever get any easier?
    I remember having some trouble around then. I think it was a mental hurdle. I had started out too confident and was struggling closer to the end. I slowed my pace and it helped. I started slower on the next scheduled run.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    W3D2 Complete. According to my app my stamina and endurance is improving. Okay if you say so.
  • nkolpean
    nkolpean Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just did W5D2!!! As soon as I left my house it started raining lightly but I didn’t turn around, I continued with my run.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    I am impressed @nkolpean as I am not jogging in the downpour that is outside my window right now, maybe later...
  • savannahs21
    Options
    I did W3D2 yesterday I totally forgot to add it yesterday. I woke up at 11:53 and couldn't get back to sleep so I did it at 1 am. I'm really enjoying C25K!