Replies

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    W3D3,feeling tired but good!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    We've been under an excessive heat warning so I got up Wednesday and again today at 5:15 am to go run before sunrise to beat the heat. Finished week 3 this morning (and I ran in shorts for the first time since I was a teenager!) and I'm hoping I'll be able to do the 5 minute runs of week 4! The heat wave is supposed to be over by Sunday so I'll probably start week 4 then.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    W5D1 done (again!) today with a very reluctant husband 😆
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend so catching up. W4D2 complete. Who knew 5 minutes was such a long time? We are going to have a heatwave this week and as I am ahead of the timetable I may use this to go back to the normal schedule.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    W4D1, my legs are still burning and i did stop twice.
  • nkolpean
    nkolpean Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    W5D3 done. Thankfully today wasn’t as hot out and there’s a bit of a breeze so it went pretty smooth.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    nkolpean wrote: »
    W5D3 done. Thankfully today wasn’t as hot out and there’s a bit of a breeze so it went pretty smooth.

That's a tough one (was for me).
    Well done!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I also completed W2D2 yesterday. I am traveling tomorrow, so may not get to run until Saturday.

I did run on Saturday the 13th. Sprained my back on Sunday the 14th. Going to try to run today, as I'm feeling better.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Did W4D1 yesterday morning. I really, really felt like walking before the last 5 minute run was up but I kept going. I'm thinking I might repeat week 4 again next week instead of moving on to week 5. I've never been athletic and I'm so out of shape I don't want to push myself too hard.
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
    Did W4D1 yesterday morning. I really, really felt like walking before the last 5 minute run was up but I kept going. I'm thinking I might repeat week 4 again next week instead of moving on to week 5. I've never been athletic and I'm so out of shape I don't want to push myself too hard.

I think repeating weeks as needed is a great idea - it's been my go-to to avoid repeating injuries
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Well done @Perla4686 , I've just started using public transport to get to work which involves a 8+ miles a day cycle ride to and from train stations. I am really not sure how I can fit in C25K on top. Any thoughts?
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Well done @Perla4686 , I've just started using public transport to get to work which involves a 8+ miles a day cycle ride to and from train stations. I am really not sure how I can fit in C25K on top. Any thoughts?

Ooh that's tricky. You're burning plenty calories biking so maybe time to consider alternative options to running. Unless you particularly enjoy running?
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Theoretically the plan is to complete C25K by 31st August. Can I get away with doing Saturday 6am, Sunday 7pm and one day during the week? Then I can commit an extra hour 1 weekday to walking to the station and then C25K home.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Theoretically the plan is to complete C25K by 31st August. Can I get away with doing Saturday 6am, Sunday 7pm and one day during the week? Then I can commit an extra hour 1 weekday to walking to the station and then C25K home.

Try it for a few weeks and see how it goes. You'll be able to tell pretty quickly if your body can handle that. The plan allows a day in between runs so your body can recover and rest, without injury.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I ran yesterday, w3d1. It was okay, but I could tell it had been a week since I had run.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I ran yesterday, w3d1. It was okay, but I could tell it had been a week since I had run.

I am thinking the same thing, even though I was at a horse show for 5 days last week (Wed-Sun) and yesterday off to allow for my "horse show hangover" I think I will attempt W2D3 on the treadmill as it is supposed to be hot today... it has been a tough couple of months for me to get the momentum into consistency! Oh well...... each day i will try!
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
    W5D2 done this evening as we're in a bit of a heatwave here in the U.K. - think we'll do it again before moving up to the 20m run
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    W5D2 done this evening as we're in a bit of a heatwave here in the U.K. - think we'll do it again before moving up to the 20m run

If you did day 2, you are ready for day 3! Just take it slow and you can make the 20 minutes!