Is anyone starting July 1st?

Options

Replies

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I started W4D2 and gave up when i had to do the 5 min run. But im going to try again tomorrow.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I started W4D2 and gave up when i had to do the 5 min run. But im going to try again tomorrow.

It's tough but don't give up. You will get there!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    W4D3 complete... eventually. I gave up the other day with just 90 seconds of jogging left and before the 90 seconds was up I realised what a dumb *kitten* decision that was - just 90 seconds meant doing the whole 31 minutes again.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »

It's tough but don't give up. You will get there!

Just slow down and push through!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I switched to a the distance version for w3d2 yesterday- run 200 yds, walk 200, run 400 yds, walk 400, repeat. It was good!
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I switched to a the distance version for w3d2 yesterday- run 200 yds, walk 200, run 400 yds, walk 400, repeat. It was good!

Does your app tell you when you've gone far enough? The Zenlabs one has distance goals as well as time goals from week 6 onwards, but I don't know how I'm supposed to know if I've jogged for 1/2 mile or whatever
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options

@savannahs21 how did you get on?
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I didn't try yesterday or today but i am going to redo Week 4 again Monday. @TheMrWobbly
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    @savannah21 I got you. Happy to repeat week 4. I am going with Sat early, Sun late and one day mid week. They have a Pride event in 8 days in the park right outside my office so post work runs are definitely out as the area is being fenced off as we speak.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Does your app tell you when you've gone far enough? The Zenlabs one has distance goals as well as time goals from week 6 onwards, but I don't know how I'm supposed to know if I've jogged for 1/2 mile or whatever

RunDouble uses my phone's gps to measure the distance.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    W5D3 done - 20m running. It wasn't pretty, or very fast, but I did it!

Oh my - 20 minutes, didn't see that one coming so soon!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    yay..... made a point of getting out over lunch today! flipped back to W2D3 to benchmark and I did ok..... it was a little warmer then I would like when i have to get back to my desk, but being friday not many around to care :)

Happy Friday!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Happy Friday y'all
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Got up at 5:30 to redo week 4, it has been teeming down for the last two hours. Revising the plan then...
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Did W5D3 again so the husband could catch up - slightly easier, but still had a face like a beetroot by the end of it!

Week 5 is a massive challenge! Well done!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I headed out to my local park to run this morning and was 4 minutes into the warm-up when a thunderstorm hit. I will run in the rain, but not when there is lightning. I will try again after work. I'm on week 4- run 1/4 mile, walk 1/8, run 1/2, walk 1/4, repeat.