Is anyone starting July 1st?

Options

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done. I am regretting that everywhere is uphill from me!
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You got this!! @TheMrWobbly
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I just started back after about 10 days off due to (another!) issue... took ibuprofen before, warmed up with a 30min walk home from work, went back to week 3 to ease myself in and iced my foot afterwards. So far so good!

@VanVanDiane I have yet to get to the bottom of why, but have been told by quite a few runners to be very careful with ibuprofen and running... A very quick google brought up this, among other things :-/

Gah... I may have to scale back to twice a week to give some extra healing time then - we'll see how it goes
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started back after about 10 days off due to (another!) issue... took ibuprofen before, warmed up with a 30min walk home from work, went back to week 3 to ease myself in and iced my foot afterwards. So far so good!

@VanVanDiane I have yet to get to the bottom of why, but have been told by quite a few runners to be very careful with ibuprofen and running... A very quick google brought up this, among other things :-/

Gah... I may have to scale back to twice a week to give some extra healing time then - we'll see how it goes

@VanVanDiane Are you stretching as well?
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    nkolpean wrote: »
    Great job!!! @Just_Ceci

I’m doing W4/D3 tomorrow morning before it gets too hot.

@nkolpean It looks like we may have started around the same time. I am on W4D2.Good luck with the run!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Early morning sounds good
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    tslawson3 wrote: »

@VanVanDiane Are you stretching as well?

And then some... calf stretches 2-3x daily as they're extremely tight and possibly the source of my problems. Eccentric heel drops 2x daily but only for the last month or so - was told they'd get worse before better and have found this to be true!
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Did W1D3, legs kinda hurt but overall i feel better good!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done. I am regretting that everywhere is uphill from me!

I also did w1d2 on Wednesday.

Plan to do d3 today.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I'd like to join you although I'm a little ahead of you all. I run with my 15 year old son. I'm on week 5 run 2 but I don't always get 3 runs in a week so you may catch up with me. I hope I can cheer you on as I'll have been through the same.
    I'm dreading my next run and mentally not sure I'm ready, it's jumping from two eight minute runs to one 20 minute run! Truthfully, the 8 minutes was also a big jump and I doubted I'll be able to do it, but it actually went surprisingly ok.
    Good luck to all of you.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I'd like to join you although I'm a little ahead of you all. I run with my 15 year old son. I'm on week 5 run 2 but I don't always get 3 runs in a week so you may catch up with me. I hope I can cheer you on as I'll have been through the same.
    I'm dreading my next run and mentally not sure I'm ready, it's jumping from two eight minute runs to one 20 minute run! Truthfully, the 8 minutes was also a big jump and I doubted I'll be able to do it, but it actually went surprisingly ok.
    Good luck to all of you.

You may surprise yourself! Just take it slow and you can push through this one! You are ready for this!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    @Perla4686 I agree with @just_ceci, believe you can, take it easy, and maybe you will! I only graduated from the program last week and still dont quite believe that first 20 min run happened! But, once it did, I knew anything else was possible and have kept on going to train for a 10km. Good luck!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just got back from W2D1.... added an extra run as I was still quite a ways away from the office. My ankle held up 95% so that was a relief. I keep track of my runs and was fairly consistent with my splits and managed to get 3.5km in. I will have to plan how to alter the route in the coming weeks to be able to get the distance done without going back and forth in front of the building to get all the runs in :)

Happy Friday!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    showjumper wrote: »
    Just got back from W2D1.... added an extra run as I was still quite a ways away from the office. My ankle held up 95% so that was a relief. I keep track of my runs and was fairly consistent with my splits and managed to get 3.5km in. I will have to plan how to alter the route in the coming weeks to be able to get the distance done without going back and forth in front of the building to get all the runs in :)

Happy Friday!

My first few weeks to stayed on the 1/4 mile loop in front of my house. Partly so I would be close enough to home in case I struggled and needed water and/or my asthma inhaler. After my confidence built up I ventured further from home. If my run ended further than expected, my cool down walk toward home ended up being longer. Once the runs got longer I went to a park with a 2 mile jogging loop.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Ran out of time today, only just home and had dinner so W1D3 first thing tomorrow.
  • showjumper
    Options
    @emmamcgarity I have thought of that but I am limited on time during my lunch hour at work and have to allow for eating and cooling down before I get back into my business clothes, so I have to have everything down to a fine science :) It is also heavy industrial so I am lucky there are sidewalks on the whole route but don't want to get stuck on a half loop and not enough time to get back to the office, I am thinking I will be doing loops around blocks in a figure 8 pattern. When I look at the satellite image I do see where I can adjust.

z2qyzpaa02c3.jpg

I have a silly schedule and I found that my lunch break was the only "free" time I could schedule for running........ I know that I will be limited to the 5k program at lunch but hope to progress to the 10k program at some point. (fingers crossed!)

@TheMrWobbly that is very familiar in my world!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Well that was embarrassing! Went for W1D3 (a day late) and I already have my route sorted though, towards the end, I found myself in the middle of an organised park run. Some extra jogging and then 217 sorrys later because "that idiot keeps walking" I turned around and head back for a different route - only so did they! Really people, really!

I found today tough whilst I was in the programme however after I did the cool down I felt quite good. I'm not sure what to make of that?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    @reedup This group just started c25k in July and may be a great source of encouragement as you begin.
  • showjumper
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly but you did it!!! Great job... don’t worry if it was a day late... I wonder if getting stuck in with the group run you maybe ran a bit faster then you would alone... hopefully your looking forward to starting a new week!!