Is anyone starting July 1st?

Replies

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Glad your foot is better!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,520 Member
    Checking in for W1D1 today, are we feeling good about this? I have recently acquired Asics gel shoes, I have been walking for all of June as a build up and I am ready to stagger...
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Just realized that i packed everything I needed to run after work except my running shoes. :|

I hate having to go home first. So hard to get back out the door!
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,367 Member
    edited July 2019
    Restarted week 4 again today - lovely flat run round a local mere. Even saw some cygnets trailing after their mama 🙂 think we might repeat this week for a while before moving on.

@Just_Ceci - how annoying!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    You've all got this!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,520 Member
    Well that was harder than I remembered, the app I am using is a little awkward though I am sure I will figure it out and it has been so long since I had a stitch it totally threw me. Stagger again on Wednesday.
  • savannahs21
    I am using the RunDouble app and its a little awkward for me as well but ill understand it more as time goes on!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    @grebber1 here is the July thread. It’s not too late to start
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    So nice to see some new runners :)
    @savannahs21 how are you feeling today?

@TheMrWobbly which app are you using? how are you feeling today? Drink lots of water!

How did you make out with starting @matratazola, @nkolpean, @galeroke? @grebber1 come join us....

@rachelr1116 did you get a chance to head out with your son? What an awesome running parter!!

@just_ceci I hate when I forget something... did you make it out the door when you got home?

@tslawson3 How's it going? Are you up to the much talked about W5D3 yet?

@vanvandiane That sounds like a lovely location to be at!

@emmamcgarity...... I see you over at the B210K ;) good luck over there!

Have a great Tuesday!

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    @Just_Ceci Great work! I have never actually looked at Rundouble..... what made you use that app? I know you are quite an accomplished runner.... do you use it in tandem with another app like zenlabs etc?
  • savannahs21
    I am super sore today! But i think its mostly because we walked at the zoo. How are you today?
    @showjumper
  • savannahs21
    Excellent job!!! @Just_Ceci
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    showjumper wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci Great work! I have never actually looked at Rundouble..... what made you use that app? I know you are quite an accomplished runner.... do you use it in tandem with another app like zenlabs etc?

I liked the fact the full version (which cost me about $3) included other training plans and open runs. I only use Rundouble for running, but sync my data on Strava via my Garmin watch. I got into Strava because that's what most of my cycling buddies use. I'm really a cyclist!
  • nkolpean
    nkolpean Posts: 94 Member
    Great job!!! @Just_Ceci

I’m doing W4/D3 tomorrow morning before it gets too hot.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,367 Member
    Great to see so much activity here 😁W4D2 done today and it felt like bloody hard work too - even a mild incline has me wheezing like an elderly asthmatic...
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    I just started back after about 10 days off due to (another!) issue... took ibuprofen before, warmed up with a 30min walk home from work, went back to week 3 to ease myself in and iced my foot afterwards. So far so good!

@VanVanDiane I have yet to get to the bottom of why, but have been told by quite a few runners to be very careful with ibuprofen and running... A very quick google brought up this, among other things :-/
  • savannahs21
    This morning i did W1D2 and i feel pretty good! How is everyone doing?